-
archaebob

Teapot (1)
-
Morgan

Not Voting:
theslimer3, TheCow, Astinus

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2015-02-14 21:36:32).
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Teapot »

So uh, VOTE: ABR
His play so far isn't town.
"
He used to rage a storm in a teapot.
"
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Morgan »

In post 147, vettrock wrote:
In post 145, Morgan wrote:So you think Teapot is pushing a mislynch, if you believe early lurkers are town.

Early lurkers tend towards town, is not the same a saying early lurkers ARE town. I could very well be a mislynch, but I don't think we are at that point yet.

All of your opinions (and posts, for that matter) feel really safe and reserved so far.

What do you think of the current wagons?
Zymf
Zymf
Goon
Zymf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Zymf »

Wow, these games are slow...
After this game (and another game i joined) is finished, I'll probably make sure only to join games that have 24-hour days and nights.
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:40 am

Post by Sup-Zero »

In post 151, Teapot wrote:So uh, VOTE: ABR
His play so far isn't town.

Why?

In post 152, Morgan wrote:
In post 145, Morgan wrote:So you think Teapot is pushing a mislynch, if you believe early lurkers are town.

Early lurkers tend towards town, is not the same a saying early lurkers ARE town. I could very well be a mislynch, but I don't think we are at that point yet.

All of your opinions (and posts, for that matter) feel really safe and reserved so far.

I agree. I asked him to provide more content and he seems perfectly happy being useless.
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Teapot »

In post 153, Zymf wrote:Wow, these games are slow...
After this game (and another game i joined) is finished, I'll probably make sure only to join games that have 24-hour days and nights.

Nope just this one, people are refusing to post and as such we have only 7 pages when we could of had 20+
"
He used to rage a storm in a teapot.
"
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:39 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 152, Morgan wrote:

I realize this is a chicken egg problem, but there isn't really enough there for me to make an informed decision about people's alignment. Without content, it is tough to make any reads. Without any reads or pushes it is tough to generate content. We need someone to play the reckless one and start pushing people around. I'm not that person however.
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Morgan »

Sure you are. It's easy.

Why don't you vote me and ask me questions?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 157, Morgan wrote:Sure you are. It's easy.

Fine. I'm not one to turn down a challenge.

Who you you think is town? And scum and why?
VOTE: Morgan
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by archaebob »

I tried to post this last night, but I got logged out before I finished, and then was too demoralized to rewrite it. But here we go.

@ everyone -

Open up a new tab in your browser. Put vettrock's iso in one tab, and this post in the other.

#16 - vettrock rolls a die.
#17 - vettrock makes a %100 contentless, actually random vote. He apologizes to Albert for no reason.
#57 - vettrock piggybacks on Teapot's push. He asks Astinus a question, and then feeds her an answer to his own question. He makes sure we know that he "doesn't know" if he is ready to move his contentless, actually random vote to Astinus.
#58 - vettrock helps to enlighten droog about mafia theory.
#70 - vettrock agrees with theslimer that the game hasn't been going on long enough for any reads. He suggests "posting" as the remedy. For no reason, he incriminates himself and promises to reread and see if there is "anything there". He hopes that with more people posting, scum will "slip."
#71 - vettrock asks Astinus a question about a post she made. He doesn't seem to have understood the post she made.
#79 - vettrock defends his contentless, actually random vote by saying he has no better reason to vote anyone else. He explains that his only option would be to make an equally contentless, actually random vote on someone else. He makes another contribution to the town's understanding of mafia theory.
#86 - vettrock reacts incoherently to an incoherent post by droog
#94 - vettrock continues to contribute to the town's understanding of the setup
#110 - vettrock thinks my vote is a substandard one. He let's me know how he feels, sarcastically, bitingly. He cooperates with my survey - he is neither noob nor teenager.
#114 - vettrock quotes Teapot to let him know that he agrees surveys are bad. He provides an alternate answer to question number three from my survey.
#116 - vettrock confuses gender neutrality with polycephaly
#121 - vettrock has got nothing. vettrock doesn't care that he has nothing.
#129 - vettrock responds defensively to a post that was directed exclusively at me. He reiterates that his %100 contentless, actually random vote is contentless, but that it's not his fault, because nobody is really doing anything yet.
#137 - vettrock helps to enlighten TheCow about how the Random Voting Stage works
#139 - vettrock improves on post #137 with an additional link
#141 - vettrock offers a theoretical perspective on lurking
#144 - vettrock continues his train of thought from post #141
#147 - vettrock engages Morgan on a point of mafia theory
#156 - vettrock gives a theoretical explanation of why it's impossible to do things that aren't contentless
#158 - vettrock is goaded by Morgan into voting for Morgan. He makes sure we know that he's "not one to turn down a challenge."

vettrock's play can be summarized by the following five categories:

1) contentless, actually random voting
2) defenses of contentless, actually random voting
3) preemptive, self-conscious defenses against posts only vaguely or indirectly incriminating of him
4) weak pushes, insubstantial and unoriginal, nervously worded and never followed up on
5) low-hanging contributions to mafia theory

He's not a noob. He's not a teenager.

String him up.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote, vote vettrock
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

I'm down.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: vettrock
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

I still want Teapot to elaborate on her ABR vote as well, because that looks like it came out of the ether and I still want an explanation.

But vettrock has been on my radar for a while and I'm perfectly happy to sheep this case.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Oi! Time flies when you're legally dead. I'll catch up soon. These 2 pages sure are going to be a drag
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by texcat »

I see 2 credible cases, Morgan's on Teapot and Arch's on Vettrock. Both, it seems, are mostly for posting a lot without posting a lot of content. It's hard to disagree with either one. I'm definitely glad that Arch stepped up and explained his vote on Vettrock. I'm leaning much more to the town side on him now. And I'm leaning town on Morgan, as well. I don't like Teapot's sudden vote on ABR, the leading wagon atm, with only the explanation that ABR doesn't look like town. And there's not much in Vett's posts to like.

I do, however, wonder if we are not lynching the loud, and letting the quiet scum slip by. With three scum, I'd almost guarantee that at least one of them is in the quiet pile. We have several players I have no read on at all. I forgot Slimer was even playing. And TheCow? I've got nothing from him at all. Zmpf we've seen a little more from and doesn't really worry me at the moment. SupZero was very quiet until I voted for them, and then they suddenly started posting and sheeped onto the Vettrock wagon. ABR is expectedly quiet, but jumped on the Vett wagon.

I like the cases on Teapot and particularly on Vett, but we've got some time left and I'd like to see to see more.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TheCow
I'd like to see where you stand on anyone.
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

That has to be the scummiest wall I've ever seen. I've seen some scummy walls, but that one takes the cake.

We can lynch texcat after vettrock.
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Morgan »

In post 158, vettrock wrote:
In post 157, Morgan wrote:Sure you are. It's easy.

Fine. I'm not one to turn down a challenge.

Who you you think is town? And scum and why?
VOTE: Morgan

I don't feel like sharing my townreads right now. I'm still working on those.

You already know who I think is scum and why. All you did was make comments about the alignments of potential lurkers and complain about there not being content while simultaneously not producing content.
B-
for effort, but you can ask better questions than that.

Need to reread a bit and get a feel for what others are doing, but at a glance I could probably go for vettrock. I think I'd rather lynch Teapot. I'll sleep on it.
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by Morgan »

texcat: "I see two credible cases and I have townreads on the people who made those cases, but I'm going to doubtcast both of them and attempt to redirect attention from loud scum to quiet scum."

Did I really just read that.

And why Cow in particular?
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Morgan »

You say you like the cases, but you are deliberately trying to pass off the scummy people as simply loud instead of scum.

Walk me through your post.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:40 am

Post by TheCow »

Going to be pretty busy today. Will probably post this evening.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:05 am

Post by texcat »

In post 167, Morgan wrote:texcat: "I see two credible cases and I have townreads on the people who made those cases, but I'm going to doubtcast both of them and attempt to redirect attention from loud scum to quiet scum."

Did I really just read that.

And why Cow in particular?

In post 168, Morgan wrote:You say you like the cases, but you are deliberately trying to pass off the scummy people as simply loud instead of scum.

Walk me through your post.

It was more of a current reads list. I guess I was not very clear. I was trying to specifically say that I liked the cases and wasn't trying to argue against them and in fact will probably come back to voting for one. But quiet people make me more nervous than loud people, and here are the people who seem to be slipping under the radar and my thoughts on them. Cow, in particular, because of where he said he had more to say, but was waiting for others to chime in before saying it.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:42 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 159, archaebob wrote:

vettrock's play can be summarized by the following five categories:

1) contentless, actually random voting

Me along with pretty much everyone else until very recently....
2) defenses of contentless, actually random voting
So I'm supposed to say that Random voting is bad and everyone should have fully developed reads at this point?
3) preemptive, self-conscious defenses against posts only vaguely or indirectly incriminating of him

I've been accused of not defending myself before which has resulted in me getting lynched, or close to it, so I try to defend myself a bit more than I did initally.
4) weak pushes, insubstantial and unoriginal, nervously worded and never followed up on
So its Day 1 and there is 7 pages. Any case you bring up is in most cases going to be insubstantial at this point.
5) low-hanging contributions to mafia theory

As you said I'm not that much of a noob anymore so I try and contribute, How is that alignment indicative?

I am glad that my last post has generated some content. As I said, I'm not usually that person. Now we just have to figure out if the scum is the initiator of the wagon, or the opportunistic sheeping of it. I'm leaning towards ABR and his sheep naked vote. Sup-zero at least put something behind his sheep. Luckily for me, my vote is already on him. so I'll just say my vote is no longer random. With three scum in this game, chances are at least one of them is on this push.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 am

Post by vettrock »

The totality of ABR content below:
In post 7, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote sup zero

In post 8, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Wow I got ninja'd.

In post 48, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey so who are we voting?

In post 75, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 72, texcat wrote:This is scary in any number of ways. First that you think you can sort ABR's play. I can't imagine being able to do that. Second, that you think we should trust you enough to do it. But I'm looking forward to your ABR reads anyway.

Greetings Textcat! Looking forward to a game with you :)

In post 92, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 77, Morgan wrote:Should we consolidate on possible vengeshot targets in the event that we mislynch, or let the townie do as they will?

The freedom to choose.

In post 142, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote Astinus

Let's shake things up.

In post 160, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote vettrock

Naked votes and a little fluff.
Astinus
Astinus
Goon
Astinus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Astinus »

I really need to be more active here.

I was reviewing the game, and in particular my earlier posts about my possible reads. I think I was picking people out based on how much they seemed to be pressuring other players. To me, that seems like a scummy tactic because if I were mafia, I wouldn't want people questiong me. I'd try to hammer someone else with questions and hopefully cause other players to question that person too.

But for now, I feel like hopping onto a wagon.
Lynch ABR
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 173, Astinus wrote:Lynch ABR

I'll count this this time, but please use "vote" instead of "lynch" in the future.

Return to “Completed Open Games”