Mini 1642: The Burning (GAME OVER FLAMES HAVE ENGULFED TOWN)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:55 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1074, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm sorry if I'm misreading this AtE as scum because I'll legit feel kind of bummed for being a jerk and being like "get fukd acryon" all game, but I have a hard time seeing your defeatism here as being anything other than you trying to force a toon lynch to save yourself or to distance yourself from toon.

My reads are malleable.
Convince me that you aren't a scumshit. c:

What do you think of Boon?

I mean I've played like crap as town this game, so all I can really do is adjust going forward, right?

In post 1073, Cheetory6 wrote:Acryon you should give more reads.
Why aren't you giving more reads?

I think this is just my lack of time invested in this game meaning most of my reads are a lot weaker than they should be, which means I don't want to share them.

Getting my passion back and going over the game. Give me a minute and I'll give you my current feelings on everyone.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Toon's reads are ridiculous and it makes it hard to tell if he's silly or scum.
I actually have no idea how to read someone who pushes like six people in his first nonRVS post.
Like look at that shiet. LOOK AT IT:
-Softpush on FF and acryon.
-Minor scumreads on Copper and Eektor
-Scumreads on Victor and Monkey

His reasoning in for Victor being scum is really bad :/
Conciseness=townie? Do you actually legitimately believe that Toon?

His stance in the middle of CoppvVictor is hella safe. He's basically willing to lynch either, but Victor is more scummy so he should get lynched. This is hypothetically probably a safe place for scum to be sitting.
I kind of like that in ^337 he asks Futan questions as if he's actually trying to sort him. I can't remember if everyone was townreading him at that point though.

Toon wrote:
Hmm I actually think it's more likely both Victor and Copper are town and Cheeto (than Vic/Cheeto scum team) is just taking advantage of the interaction. Not really much basis for it, but if I were scum, I would work a town/town cross accusation like that.

Of course, this doesn't mean Cheeto is scum. In fact, I believe in Victor scum more than Cheeto scum, I'm just saying that we should look for cheeto if Vic doesn't pan out.

I hope that I made myself clear, since the though process is muddy even in my head
This is the kind of shit that I knew I was going to have to deal with that was demotivating my reread q.q
This is, on the surface, one of the scummiest looking posts I've ever seen. Lol.
I think I'm an idiot because my reaction is kind of "this is too bad to be scum. There's no way scum would say something this ridiculous."
Stuff like this doesn't make me hate the idea of a Toon lynch and I can understand how anyone would want it, but it just feels kind of too easy.

Okay.
Toon wrote:I changed my mind on Vic because his last few posts read as REALLY town. I didn't do it because I was 'afraid' of looking scum by hammering. I was just convinced of his claim and final statements (at L-1) and thought maybe we could lynch someone else, as a Vic lynch was a bad idea.

Admittedly, my monkey vote looks bad, and it was a bad play on my part. Think of it as a failed gambit, so to speak.

As for now, I'll return to my previous vote

Vote: MonkeyMan
This post gives me guttownpings. Why would scumToon be like "my Monkey vote is bad" and then proceed to make a Monkey vote? Like.. it doesn't indicate a self-concerned view of himself. He isn't worried about how people are going to perceive something like that. Someone who wants Toon lynch should pitch me why Toonscum would do this.

And then he does easy voteswitches q.q
This ISO is ridiculous.

acryon wrote:I mean I've played like crap as town this game, so all I can really do is adjust going forward, right?
That's the idea. Way you were phrasing yourself sounded like you were saying you were giving up and would try harder next game. Which would be dumb if you're town.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

FF wrote:Cheet deserves a look for what?
For lookin' good.
Yoh FF. You had like a huge wall of analysis on D1.
Why'd you get super brief with all of your posts afterwards?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:18 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1076, Cheetory6 wrote:That's the idea. Way you were phrasing yourself sounded like you were saying you were giving up and would try harder next game. Which would be dumb if you're town.

Oh, nope not at all. Trying harder starting now.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:02 am

Post by acryon »

I’ve already addressed my thoughts on Toon and Elbirn, so they will just get quick parts.

Toon
– Scum

Elbirn
– Lean-town

Cheetory
– Lean-town
His stance on the Victor/copper situation was town. Looking over his ISO, he has asked me a looooot of questions this game, much more-so than anyone else I think. Unsure if this is an attempt at buddying or suspicion, but especially recent posts make me feel it is the latter. is a little weird in that he references eektor starting to ping him, but then goes into a theory about an elbirn/me scumteam and ultimately votes me.
@Cheet: Where are you at on your Monkey read at the moment? You said you didn’t think him and elbirn were scum-mates, but with your recent turn on elbirn, how does this adjust your read of Monkey?

Boon
– Lean-scum
Man I just cannot read Boon for the life of me. I’m certainly torn from my past experiences with him and have never played with scum-boon, so I’m not sure what that would look like. Here is what worries me. he is scum-reading both me and Monkey and he’s scumreading Toon. And now Elbirn is scum. And in he basically said he doesn’t think Cheet is town. So correct me if I’m wrong Boon, but of 9 other players, you are scumreading fully 4 of them with another being a null or possibly worse? I don’t like that.

SiX/Pieguyn
– Lean-town
The thought process on Victor/Copper in seems to come from a town mindset. Doesn’t make much sense to try and logically explain why we should treat two (now confirmed townies) as town. from Pieguyn re: MonkeyMan is definitely coming from either town or scum-Monkey’s scumbuddy. The thought process for suspecting me makes sense and reads genuine. This will all make more sense with more flips.

Formerfish
– Null/Lean-scum
It’s tough to evaluate FF. So much of his play is so interactive with others that associative reads are huge here. His recent absence makes reading his current actions difficult.
@FF: Can we get an updated reads list?

MonkeyMan
- Town
All in all, Monkey seems like a player that said some silly things, and hasn’t been able to live it down. He has had strong wagons a couple times, and thankfully they have died down because I don’t think we’ve got scum here. I think people (myself included) sometimes have a hard time with players that always just post one-liners, but I think the stuff he is saying reads really genuine, even if it’s wrong. It’s unlikely to me that scum-Monkey would be saying so many things that are silly/don’t make sense. I have to imagine he would be a little more careful about his play, so it does read innocent to me right now.

eektor
– Town
Given Victor and copper-town, from eektor looks town. If you know someone is going to flip town, why would you get the reads of other people given them flipping town? That is the direction of thinking
town
wants to talk about, and the opposite of what scum wants to talk about. The only thing I’d like to know about is the Cheet read.
@eektor: You said earlier that given copper-town or Victor-town, chance of Cheety-scum goes up. What made you change your mind in light of
both
Victor and copper flipping town.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Acryon, I have no clue what I'm doing. My reads are horrible early game. Remember how hard I was town reading Thor day 1 Ninja mafia then just decided to hell with it? Also, my Zebulin tunnel...I can link my 2 scum games if you guys want to see them? Keep in mind, Acryon. I don't think you are scum unless Monkey is scum. And if Monkey is scum, I don't think Toon Fighter is.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:42 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1080, Boonskiies wrote:Acryon, I have no clue what I'm doing. My reads are horrible early game. Remember how hard I was town reading Thor day 1 Ninja mafia then just decided to hell with it? Also, my Zebulin tunnel...I can link my 2 scum games if you guys want to see them? Keep in mind, Acryon. I don't think you are scum unless Monkey is scum. And if Monkey is scum, I don't think Toon Fighter is.

Yeah, but you having horrible early game reads doesn't make you town. It doesn't make you scum either, but I do think having a list of 4-5 people you would be willing to lynch is a bit much.

Can I get an updated reads list from you, including who you would be willing to lynch?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I'm really feeling Acryon/Eektor as scum right now.
Acryon wrote:@Cheet: Where are you at on your Monkey read at the moment? You said you didn’t think him and elbirn were scum-mates, but with your recent turn on elbirn, how does this adjust your read of Monkey?
I've been slightly leaning town on Monkey for a little while now. Do you think my read on Monkey should adjust with my turn on Elbirn?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1081, acryon wrote:
In post 1080, Boonskiies wrote:Acryon, I have no clue what I'm doing. My reads are horrible early game. Remember how hard I was town reading Thor day 1 Ninja mafia then just decided to hell with it? Also, my Zebulin tunnel...I can link my 2 scum games if you guys want to see them? Keep in mind, Acryon. I don't think you are scum unless Monkey is scum. And if Monkey is scum, I don't think Toon Fighter is.

Yeah, but you having horrible early game reads doesn't make you town. It doesn't make you scum either, but I do think having a list of 4-5 people you would be willing to lynch is a bit much.

Can I get an updated reads list from you, including who you would be willing to lynch?

I want Monkey or Toon really. Those will help me settle my reads the most. Elbirn is mainly there because he annoyed me, and that's kind of dying down now, but eh. If it's down to deadline I'd accept a lynch on you, probably, but like I said before, I wouldn't quick hammer you.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:50 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1082, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm really feeling Acryon/Eektor as scum right now.
Acryon wrote:@Cheet: Where are you at on your Monkey read at the moment? You said you didn’t think him and elbirn were scum-mates, but with your recent turn on elbirn, how does this adjust your read of Monkey?
I've been slightly leaning town on Monkey for a little while now. Do you think my read on Monkey should adjust with my turn on Elbirn?

Well, yes. In the context of that statement regarding elbirn/Monkey, elbirn was being regarded as possible scum. Given that, you wouldn't think Monkey is scum. Now that you think Elbirn is probably town, "elbirn and monkey aren't scum-team together" isn't a reason to townread Monkey.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm also feeling my Elbirn is turning into a Zebulin like push from me this game, and I'm trying to work on that. I tunneled in Masquerade as well.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:52 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1083, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 1081, acryon wrote:

I want Monkey or Toon really. Those will help me settle my reads the most. Elbirn is mainly there because he annoyed me, and that's kind of dying down now, but eh. If it's down to deadline I'd accept a lynch on you, probably, but like I said before, I wouldn't quick hammer you.

Where are you at on Cheetory? If you wouldn't be willing to hammer me, but you would the others, why would you be okay with a lynch on me? Down 3 players I'm not sure we can settle for an informational lynch at this point.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Boonskiies »

OH!!! 910 Acryon, I am town reading Cheetory, I was just stating I never said I was because someone auto assumed I town read him. I was being annoying. I am town reading Cheetory. Haha.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'd wait until deadline for you, Acryon, but if you've noticed, I haven't really pushed you at all this game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:54 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1087, Boonskiies wrote:OH!!! 910 Acryon, I am town reading Cheetory, I was just stating I never said I was because someone auto assumed I town read him. I was being annoying. I am town reading Cheetory. Haha.

Ah okay that makes a little more sense.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:55 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1088, Boonskiies wrote:I'd wait until deadline for you, Acryon, but if you've noticed, I haven't really pushed you at all this game.

I mean so do you think I'm scum or no? I think the issue is you are sort of pushing people but also sort of riding the fence.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

acryon wrote:Well, yes. In the context of that statement regarding elbirn/Monkey, elbirn was being regarded as possible scum. Given that, you wouldn't think Monkey is scum. Now that you think Elbirn is probably town, "elbirn and monkey aren't scum-team together" isn't a reason to townread Monkey.
Wasn't really townreading Monkey for that reason though.

Acryon, why would you say you've felt uninvested this game?
Walk me through the demotivation here.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:58 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1091, Cheetory6 wrote:
acryon wrote:Well, yes. In the context of that statement regarding elbirn/Monkey, elbirn was being regarded as possible scum. Given that, you wouldn't think Monkey is scum. Now that you think Elbirn is probably town, "elbirn and monkey aren't scum-team together" isn't a reason to townread Monkey.
Wasn't really townreading Monkey for that reason though.

Acryon, why would you say you've felt uninvested this game?
Walk me through the demotivation here.

I pushed hard on two people D1. They both flipped town. With work recently meant time-wise I had little to invest in the game early D2, and combined with the demoralizing feeling from my D1, it became not as fun to play.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1090, acryon wrote:
In post 1088, Boonskiies wrote:I'd wait until deadline for you, Acryon, but if you've noticed, I haven't really pushed you at all this game.

I mean so do you think I'm scum or no? I think the issue is you are sort of pushing people but also sort of riding the fence.

It all depends on one if Toon is scum, really. If toon fighter flips town, by vote count analysis and reactions from Day 1, yes, I would think you are scum. Although, I was feeling off about you because your Day 1 play was odd. toDay I've felt the Acryon I am more used to. I believe one of TF/MM is scum, and I won't be able to get a confirmation on my read of you until then. And I always sort of ride the fence up until like day 3-4.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Boon wrote:toDay I've felt the Acryon I am more used to
Can you elaborate on this? What about his play feels familiar?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1093, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 1090, acryon wrote:

It all depends on one if Toon is scum, really. If toon fighter flips town, by vote count analysis and reactions from Day 1, yes, I would think you are scum. Although, I was feeling off about you because your Day 1 play was odd. toDay I've felt the Acryon I am more used to. I believe one of TF/MM is scum, and I won't be able to get a confirmation on my read of you until then. And I always sort of ride the fence up until like day 3-4.

That's sort of fair. Although it also serves you as scum, because if we lynch Toon and he flips town, you then have 2 more people lined up for lynching in me and MM.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

@Acryon
, who do you think is the scumteam?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:19 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1096, Cheetory6 wrote:
@Acryon
, who do you think is the scumteam?

I don't like to put too much stock in scum-teams, because associative reads pre-flips can get you into trouble, and I think you need to re-evaluate things after every flip, but gun to my head?
Toon Fighter, Boon, Formerfish
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Obviously it's worth re-evaluating things, but it makes sense to analyze the interactions of people to see if there's some kind of potential connection, no?
Have you seen any interactions between Boon, Toon and Foon that would make them more likely to be scum together?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:24 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1098, Cheetory6 wrote:Obviously it's worth re-evaluating things, but it makes sense to analyze the interactions of people to see if there's some kind of potential connection, no?
Have you seen any interactions between Boon, Toon and Foon that would make them more likely to be scum together?

Fish hasn't really interacted all that much with Boon and hasn't given him much of a skeptical eye. He seemed to sort of piggyback on the defense I initially had for Boon early on, but letting him most slide like he has doesn't fit FF's character. Not much from Toon-fighter on either of them, but what he has said has been mostly neutral. FF's stance on toon is odd. FF tends to have strong stances on things, but is shockingly null on Toon.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”