Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'd like to mention that BBmolla has personal reasons for voting me due to a bitterness he has never let go of.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 421, BBmolla wrote:We should stop stating our town reads btw.

In post 422, Sup-Zero wrote:Molla who are your townreads?

:lol:
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

In post 425, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'd like to mention that BBmolla has personal reasons for voting me due to a bitterness he has never let go of.

Explain?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 347, archaebob wrote:TheCow and slimer need to place votes.

In post 344, archaebob wrote:@ Albert -

The self-vote was really bad, dude. Vettrock is spot on with his "muddying the waters" point. There is absolutely no game theoretic reason why you would want to be lynched if you are town. The vig kill is at best an imperfect remedy to a mislynch - it's not something to be sought after. But you already know that. You dared town to lynch you. You think your meta is unreadable and intimidating enough to make this stuff just roll off of you. You can just pull out of the nose dive at the last second, right? Just start putting in the effort at the last second and then everything will be fine. Nobody wants to lynch town-Rampage. He should get some leeway. He always does this at the start of games anyways. No way scum would be this brazen. And of course if the wagon
does
evaporate and you
do
get away with it then once the game is over it will only help to perpetuate how unreadable and intimidating your meta is, right? Pretty neat.

You're a smart guy. You've been around forever. You're good at staring down death. You've earned some leeway. But your brand of extreme independence can only work when the behavior, overall, is
town
. You can't violate all the town norms and
also
be scummy and still expect immunity. Some town norms are there for good reasons: you're not supposed to vote for lynches that you think will hit town (including your own), you aren't supposed to lurk and post no real reads and no real content, you aren't supposed to wagon hop nakedly without
any
follow up pressure or substantiation, and you aren't supposed to make statements that are deliberately and unnecessarily confusing to other players. Pick three out of four of those to ignore and maybe you can get away with it. If it's a low-powered town. If it's D1. If your naked, unexplained votes are aggressive and original enough to tell their own story. But you can't break all of the norms at once, and do
nothing
. Town has no reason to behave that way. It can't become acceptable scum play.

I think you're scum. I think you got cocky. Or bored. Or both. I think you calculated that D1 wagons derail easily enough, and that the best play was to do nothing and give as little as possible and get through it on raw bravado.

The above seem town to me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

ABR I'm fine with you, it's just if you asked me "how do you think I'd try to get out of a lynch as scum?" Id link this game.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I find you bringing up past games curious though, especially cause I don't know which one in particular you are referencing.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Herodotus »

In post 415, Sup-Zero wrote:As for not doing anything, score one for laziness.

copy and paste, then:

Code: Select all

[b]vote: archaebob[/b]

Or do something else.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Hero your reads blow
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

Doing something else right now thanks.
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Morgan »

In post 406, Herodotus wrote:No worries. I still want Tea to answer.

Morgan, some of your case on Teapot is based on interactions that don't seem right, and my interpretation of the implication is that he might be buddies with Droog, who is now pisskop. You gave Droog some town credit for an early post, but how do you feel about pisskop at this time?

pisskop isn't doing anything for me one way or the other.

I thought Teapot's focus on droog was weird, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're buddies.

Since there are only two days left, I'd be willing to switch over to ABR if Teapot is out of the question.
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

In post 428, vettrock wrote:
In post 347, archaebob wrote:TheCow and slimer need to place votes.

In post 344, archaebob wrote:@ Albert -

The self-vote was really bad, dude. Vettrock is spot on with his "muddying the waters" point. There is absolutely no game theoretic reason why you would want to be lynched if you are town. The vig kill is at best an imperfect remedy to a mislynch - it's not something to be sought after. But you already know that. You dared town to lynch you. You think your meta is unreadable and intimidating enough to make this stuff just roll off of you. You can just pull out of the nose dive at the last second, right? Just start putting in the effort at the last second and then everything will be fine. Nobody wants to lynch town-Rampage. He should get some leeway. He always does this at the start of games anyways. No way scum would be this brazen. And of course if the wagon
does
evaporate and you
do
get away with it then once the game is over it will only help to perpetuate how unreadable and intimidating your meta is, right? Pretty neat.

You're a smart guy. You've been around forever. You're good at staring down death. You've earned some leeway. But your brand of extreme independence can only work when the behavior, overall, is
town
. You can't violate all the town norms and
also
be scummy and still expect immunity. Some town norms are there for good reasons: you're not supposed to vote for lynches that you think will hit town (including your own), you aren't supposed to lurk and post no real reads and no real content, you aren't supposed to wagon hop nakedly without
any
follow up pressure or substantiation, and you aren't supposed to make statements that are deliberately and unnecessarily confusing to other players. Pick three out of four of those to ignore and maybe you can get away with it. If it's a low-powered town. If it's D1. If your naked, unexplained votes are aggressive and original enough to tell their own story. But you can't break all of the norms at once, and do
nothing
. Town has no reason to behave that way. It can't become acceptable scum play.

I think you're scum. I think you got cocky. Or bored. Or both. I think you calculated that D1 wagons derail easily enough, and that the best play was to do nothing and give as little as possible and get through it on raw bravado.

The above seem town to me.

I don't actually put any stock into what those two quotes present. I don't see how mafia can't post either of those.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Morgan why did you town read cow?

Stop dodging
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Morgan »

In post 316, Morgan wrote:I quickslotted him for a reason I don't feel like sharing, because in hindsight, it sucks.

(It was for admitting to newbie lurking instead of trying to convince us he wasn't lurking.)

Dodging? Me?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Missed it ty
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Okay solid.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by archaebob »

Every post from ABR feels like a manipulation.

I don't like pisskop's quietness.

I don't understand why it's scummy to believe both Teapot and Albert could be scum. It's not like it's this craaaaaazy link based on association tells up there in the clouds. They've both been scummy individually. Why should one of them get a pass just for having cross-voted with the other?
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

I don't like the way you're dancing around the point I brought up. It has nothing to do with being individually scummy and you know that, but you somehow think that, despite them both being willing to lynch into each other,

I'm not even a big fan of associative reads, but the concept you're bringing up doesn't make sense. When does someone go "my scumreads are totally willing to lynch into each other and they're both totes scum," and think that that's totally okay?
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

In post 441, Sup-Zero wrote:I don't like the way you're dancing around the point I brought up. It has nothing to do with being individually scummy and you know that, but you somehow think that, despite them both being willing to lynch into each other, that they're both scum and have since put no effort into finding the townie between them.

I'm not even a big fan of associative reads, but the concept you're bringing up doesn't make sense. When does someone go "my scumreads are totally willing to lynch into each other and they're both totes scum," and think that that's totally okay?

Ebwop again, cuz I'm bad.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by archaebob »

Ninja'd, hold on.

In post 373, Teapot wrote:ABR, you've jumped on every single wagon so far and your death provides a lot of information. You play like this as scum, I've played with you. If your so sure I'm scum you'll be able to shoot me on your death, too bad you probably won't flip rown.

That last sentence. Why write that last sentence?

It's so faux aggressive - like he's just trying to make sure all his Ts are crossed.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Sup -

I guess it's null for me because I've seen hard-busses roll towns. It's the kind of play I'd loooove to make. You really think it's that implausible?
"Just asking, jeez..."
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

Who cares?

Pedit: I think it's a bad reason to think this on day 1 and I also think it's really convenient. There's no reason to start thinking this on day 1 when there's almost nothing at stake.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Sup -

In post 253, archaebob wrote:
In post 251, archaebob wrote:It's not a stretch. The scum have day-talk. It's affecting their play.

Yes, it'd be a mistake to invest too much thinking in exactly how that day-talk is being used.

But Albert-scum, a little bored with this game, barking orders into a QT that everyone pile on? Not a stretch.

Actually I take this back. It is a stretch. I'm making the same mistake I just finished describing - trying to solve the whole thing in my head, all at once.

It doesn't matter if he's bussing or not.

You need something else from me?
"Just asking, jeez..."
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

That's, like, worse.

That's you acknowledging the fact that your scumreads are bad in yet you put no effort into fixing them.
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

VOTE: arch
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Sup stop wasting your vote thanks.

Return to “Completed Open Games”