SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 117, elusive wrote:

However, this leads me into RVS Questions for Town (Scum Plz Do Not Answer So We Know Who U R)
1. Which do you like being more? Town or scum?
Town but I'm getting more comfortable with scum the more I play it.

2. What is your second favoritest color?
Purple

3. Are you scum?
Nope, I'm town this game.

4. What is your spirit animal?
Wolf obviously

5. What are your favorite scum hunting strategies and how do they work?
pressure voting, questioning, analyzing voting patterns and pushes, looking at the motivation behind behavior

Oh and bonus question for like the Truly Amazing:

Who is the most dangerous player (for either alignment) in this game's player list and why?
I don't know everyone playing so I can't say. TSO and ABR worry me because I have trouble reading ABR and TSO has a reputation of being extremely good as scum.

My answers are in bold and I have a question for you. What do you hope to learn with this line of questioning?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 171, Wake1 wrote:
In post 169, Garmr wrote:
In post 132, Wake1 wrote:Why do you think I can't take the pleasure of making two RVS votes in rapid succession? What are you trying to do here?

And you honestly don't know me too well, nor do you know current underlying circumstances, which affect my ability to play.

If I were able, I'd be amassing thorough, well-written reads on an occasional basis.

Just doesn't seem like you. I don't know you personally but I remember the games we played the drama you caused at the time and the way people talked and how I looked into you.

Hope you have a good understanding of what you're talking about, buddy, because your post here isn't making any sense. :neutral:

I don't see what doesn't make sense through?

@Egg Just curious who are your top three scum reads.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 172, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 119, Egg wrote:

Silver, why do think Wake's RVS is scum motivated? Do you think he expected a flash wagon and quicklynch in a large game's RVS or something? I get that it's different, but why is it scum? I admit 103 is scummy, but you voted him before that and I'm still curious about your answer.

My original vote was an RVS vote. I found his two quick votes in RVS to be odd for him because he's usually much more conservative and cautious with his vote and play in general as town. I played with him in a game offsite where he was scum and voted right away like that so it rang a bell for me. The game I linked was one example of his town game where he doesn't vote right away. A quick meta skim showed another town game where it was the same thing. He also had a town game where he did vote right away and a scum game where he replaced in and waited.

Why is 103 scummy? I read that and don't see anything scummy in that post.

Good, good, you're researching some of my past games. Simply put, you shouldn't really put much stock in meta, because it's really not that reliable (and it requires a whole lot of time). I've typically avoided using feelings and gauging emotions when it comes to Mafia, but have started relying a tad on expressing what I feel in these games. Too often people devalue feelings and emotions, as if they aren't important. They're part of our very make-up (research prefontal cortex and the limbic system).
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Mikazuki »

Oh wow, the pace of this game :eek:

Catching up now.
“There’s no one who can live their whole life being completely uncorrupted.”

Nee~ Get To Know A Mika!~
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 175, SilverWolf wrote:

However, this leads me into RVS Questions for Town (Scum Plz Do Not Answer So We Know Who U R)

Purple

3. Are you scum?

Wolf obviously

pressure voting, questioning, analyzing voting patterns and pushes, looking at the motivation behind behavior

Who is the most dangerous player (for either alignment) in this game's player list and why?
I don't know everyone playing so I can't say. TSO and ABR worry me because I have trouble reading ABR and TSO has a reputation of being extremely good as scum.

My answers are in bold and I have a question for you. What do you hope to learn with this line of questioning?

SW, whether it's meant to be or not.

Or, here is a breakdown of the questions and their purposes:
1. I like to know the true soul of a player.
2. Sometimes I like to know a little bit of something about people I'm playing with, it helps with the intuition\psychic vibes.
3. Already answered this re: House
4. I love this kind of question and quizzes and stuff. See 2.
5. To learn more better.

Bonus: Who people think is dangerous helps me to know who to trust\mistrust etc. {Stuffs}

Everyone who took the quiz so far has passed, yay.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by House »

In post 179, elusive wrote:
In post 175, SilverWolf wrote:

Purple

3. Are you scum?

Wolf obviously

SW, whether it's meant to be or not.

2. Sometimes I like to know a little bit of something about people I'm playing with, it helps with the intuition\psychic vibes.
5. To learn more better.

Bonus: Who people think is dangerous helps me to know who to trust\mistrust etc. {Stuffs}

Everyone who took the quiz so far has passed
, yay.

Oh please, you're not even trying to give an honest evaluation, here.

My answers were clearly scummy. Just ask Flubbernugget. :giggle:
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

Because w I will not be here sunday
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 117, elusive wrote:However, this leads me into RVS Questions for Town (Scum Plz Do Not Answer So We Know Who U R)
3. Are you scum?

1. Town power roles are my favorite.
2. Blue?
3. No.
4. Don't have one
5. If I told you that, they wouldn't work in this game.
Bonus: House. He's reckless and doesn't give two shits. And he's actually a pretty good player on top of that.

Wake, all I'm saying is that my major point against you in Fire and Ice where you were scum can now be applied to this game. I'm still open to the possibility that it's just a general thing for all of your games, but it's scummier than anything else in the first five pages.

Aneninen, I actually liked your old style. And I'm kind of worried that if you are town I'm going to mistakenly read you as scum here because limiting yourself to a specific amount of sentences can make your posts come off as fake or forced. It's better to post more naturally in my opinion. Not that being more concise is a bad thing. Just your system might be taking things too far.

Ika, why do you think it would be obvious that you prefer to be town?

Anen, you were acting like Gamr and Wake were the only wagons and ignored mine entirely in Post 104 when you said we should remember who is pushing Gamr and Wake. I find this even more interesting now that I realize you were voting me at the time that you said that.

Silver, all you did is repeat what you've already said. I get that you think Wake started this game differently than you're used to and I get that he had a scum game with a similar start. What I'm asking is specifically why Wake RVS voting rather than being cautious is scum motivated. Not everything that is weird is because the person is scum. Tell me what is going on in Wake's head that makes him lay RVS votes specifically because he is scum. To answer your question the fact that he doesn't want to be read is scummy because town should WANT people to know that they are town. Only scum should worry about whether people can read them or not. See above though. This might be something that he says all the time and not even alignment related. I haven't exactly decided how I feel for sure yet.

Gamr, I don't have strong scum reads yet, but top three as of right now: I guess Wake, Anen, and you.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 181, dragonspawn wrote:Because w I will not be here sunday

Trying to say I won't be here sunday
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 182, Egg wrote:
In post 117, elusive wrote:However, this leads me into RVS Questions for Town (Scum Plz Do Not Answer So We Know Who U R)
3. Are you scum?

1. Town power roles are my favorite.
2. Blue?
3. No.
4. Don't have one
5. If I told you that, they wouldn't work in this game.
Bonus: House. He's reckless and doesn't give two shits. And he's actually a pretty good player on top of that.

Wake, all I'm saying is that my major point against you in Fire and Ice where you were scum can now be applied to this game. I'm still open to the possibility that it's just a general thing for all of your games, but it's scummier than anything else in the first five pages.

Aneninen, I actually liked your old style. And I'm kind of worried that if you are town I'm going to mistakenly read you as scum here because limiting yourself to a specific amount of sentences can make your posts come off as fake or forced. It's better to post more naturally in my opinion. Not that being more concise is a bad thing. Just your system might be taking things too far.

Ika, why do you think it would be obvious that you prefer to be town?

Anen, you were acting like Gamr and Wake were the only wagons and ignored mine entirely in Post 104 when you said we should remember who is pushing Gamr and Wake. I find this even more interesting now that I realize you were voting me at the time that you said that.

Silver, all you did is repeat what you've already said. I get that you think Wake started this game differently than you're used to and I get that he had a scum game with a similar start. What I'm asking is specifically why Wake RVS voting rather than being cautious is scum motivated. Not everything that is weird is because the person is scum. Tell me what is going on in Wake's head that makes him lay RVS votes specifically because he is scum. To answer your question the fact that he doesn't want to be read is scummy because town should WANT people to know that they are town. Only scum should worry about whether people can read them or not. See above though. This might be something that he says all the time and not even alignment related. I haven't exactly decided how I feel for sure yet.

Gamr, I don't have strong scum reads yet, but top three as of right now: I guess Wake, Anen, and you.

Good enough I'm all down for a wake wagon.
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Mikazuki »

Are we still doing this?

Town is more exciting!
Pink!
3. Are you scum?
Nope!
Cat!
I prefer town hunting! Question everything? :D

The number of posts I missed is hurting my brain, I will post properly soon I swear.
“There’s no one who can live their whole life being completely uncorrupted.”

Nee~ Get To Know A Mika!~
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

2. What is your second favorite color?
3. Are you scum?

1. SK

2. I don't do fave colors

3. No

4. Human

5. Get into minds

Bonus: dunno.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by Garmr »

On a quick note I have a slight town read on dave even through he hasn't posted much. This one post just rings town to me.

In post 115, davesaz wrote:I haven't played with Wake before. I did notice a post saying he changes style over time because he doesn't like being read. Not liking being read sounds odd to me, but probably more a personal preference thing.

Making note of who is making note of the change in Wake. SilverWolf, Garmr, Nikanor, House, and Egg, not in that order. I'd be really surprised if more than two of these are scum together. If Wake is town I might look in this list for scum, but it's entirely possible they're primarily town and the difference in Wake is indeed because he's scum.

You can really see him trying to figure things out which scum don't really need to do because they already know. It comes across as genuine and gives off some pretty town vibes.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 182, Egg wrote:

Because it's behavior I've seen from him as scum, it pinged scum for me. I have no idea what's going on in his head but I do know as town usually, he is much more careful about voting. That said, I don't know how strong of a scumtell this is for Wake by itself or if in general, scum are more likely to vote in RVS than town. I only know it reminded me of his scum play. That's really all I can say about it for now.

I didn't get what you did out of that post of his. I didn't find that post all that scummy really. I think not wanting to be easily read in a game could happen if you are town or scum.

@anen-I echo the sentiment that you are going to get yourself scumread if you limit your posting in the manner you described. It looks too planned out and town shouldn't really care about how their posts look in such a meticulous fashion.

If people don't like your walls, make shorter posts, but don't limit how much you talk to us because we won't be able to read you otherwise.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by ika »

In post 182, Egg wrote:Ika, why do you think it would be obvious that you prefer to be town?

Check any game where im scum. As much as I like to enjoy it to a sense. It requires too much effort and work. Being town, i can be lazy and go IDGAF mood.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Egg »

Silver, what I'm getting at is I'm not sure I buy that you found it scummy so much as you thought "hey, this sounds good" or maybe even made a mistake in seeing scumminess that just isn't there.

And when I'm town, I certainly want people to be able to read me.

Ika, ok, but i don't see why that would be obvious, especially to people who haven't played with you much.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by elusive »

It's obvious to me, I think I'm who (whom?) it was meant for.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by ika »

In post 190, Egg wrote:Ika, ok, but i don't see why that would be obvious, especially to people who haven't played with you much.

meh. take it as you like
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 190, Egg wrote:Silver, what I'm getting at is I'm not sure I buy that you found it scummy so much as you thought "hey, this sounds good" or maybe even made a mistake in seeing scumminess that just isn't there.

And when I'm town, I certainly want people to be able to read me.

Ika, ok, but i don't see why that would be obvious, especially to people who haven't played with you much.

I didn't think hey, this sounds good. That's a misrep of what I'm saying.

Why are you voting for Wake again?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by davesaz »

Answers to questions:

1. Don't really have a favorite, I enjoy all alignments.
2. Blue
3. No
4. I was going to answer owl or eagle, then noticed the mention of a spirit animal quiz. The quiz says owl, so gut feeling was correct. ;)
5. Revealing my techniques could render them ineffective. Look for inconsistencies between words and actions, for one.
6. Most dangerous player is a tough one. I've only played with about half the player list.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

VOTE: Silverwolf
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 195, DeltaWave wrote:VOTE: Silverwolf

And the naked vote is for why?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 182, Egg wrote:Aneninen, I actually liked your old style. And I'm kind of worried that if you are town I'm going to mistakenly read you as scum here because limiting yourself to a specific amount of sentences can make your posts come off as fake or forced. It's better to post more naturally in my opinion. Not that being more concise is a bad thing. Just your system might be taking things too far.

In post 188, SilverWolf wrote:
@anen-I echo the sentiment that you are going to get yourself scumread if you limit your posting in the manner you described. It looks too planned out and town shouldn't really care about how their posts look in such a meticulous fashion.

Don't worry, I'll be doing fine.
But I really want to keep everything short now; so as to separate really important and not that important things both in my mind and in my posts.
I can still post multiple times if I really need to do so.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:12 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 179, elusive wrote:
5. To learn more better.
Everyone who took the quiz so far has passed, yay.

I understand your purposes (apart from asking about the
second
favourite colour instead of the first one), but I don't get the conclusion. For me, the answers seemed to have been very different. Why do you think that everyone has passed?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:14 am

Post by T S O »

That's because you failed and no-one has told you yet.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”