Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Well obviously whatever powerroles should use their discretion. if you want answers, a claim is what's reuiqred
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 3.02

numberQ (2)- Debonair Danny DiPietro, ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls (1)- BRantz
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1)- Seraphim

Not voting: zombiekitty, Diego1487, Drixx, numberQ

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline

5th March, 7am AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-03-04 16:00:00).
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by zombiekitty »

In post 487, BRantz wrote:
@zombie:a What is your suspicion of bitmap/ what caused the suspicion?

It was just from having a quick look through day 1 and seeing his reaction to ika's scumminess on day 2 but I really need to properly read through everything again and also assess everyone's posts individually. Haven't had the time to do that without suddenly falling asleep though lol
I wouldn't say Bitmap would be my strongest scum read right now but I'll VOTE: Seraphim anyways because yay~ :]
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

Then who is your strongest scumread and why are you voting Seraphim instead?
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by zombiekitty »

In post 503, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:Then who is your strongest scumread and why are you voting Seraphim instead?

:wink:
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by Diego1487 »

No seriously, why would you place a vote on him this far from deadline and no eminent pressure on him if he's not your #1 scum?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 502, zombiekitty wrote:
In post 487, BRantz wrote:
@zombie:a What is your suspicion of bitmap/ what caused the suspicion?

It was just from having a quick look through day 1 and seeing his reaction to ika's scumminess on day 2 but I really need to properly read through everything again and also assess everyone's posts individually. Haven't had the time to do that without suddenly falling asleep though lol
I wouldn't say Bitmap would be my strongest scum read right now but I'll VOTE: Seraphim anyways because yay~ :]
This is remarkably unhelpful. I can only be responsible to some extent on the actions of my predecessor, but simply voting me because "yay" is not really scumhunting. Do you have any reasons for voting me or something I could respond to?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 494, Seraphim wrote:Haha that was from a long time ago. But yes, generally speaking DDD tends to play very aggressive. Even if we assume he's having an "off game," he does not pursue any player with any sort of energy and sort of seems to passively move from wagon to wagon. His vote for NumberQ comes off as weak to me. Just ISO him and you'll see what I mean.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Blarg, preview not submit, idiot.

I mean I disagree with this strongly and obviously; the game hadn't gotten to a point where someone needed to die yesterday when I had to be away for like four/five days and when I came back I wanted to change my vote but avoiding a no lynch was the higher priority for me. Then when I did get the opportunity I did aggressively go right after ika and got him lynched. And annoyingly you've interjected yourself where you didn't need to in regards to the numberQ vote but sufficed to say I haven't dithered with the vote, I voted and haven't tried to tap dance away from it or anything.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding numberQ.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 481, numberQ wrote:But now I'm out of scum reads. Guess I'll read over the thread again while waiting for Seraphim and zombiekitty to post.

Well I didn't read the thread over because I'm a lazy POS, but Seraphim and zombiekitty posted so there's that.

Seraphim has done nothing to shake the townread I have for his slot.

zombiekitty keeps proclaiming that she works better with flips and such, but now that we have a flip she has basically no reasoning for her two scumreads. Well that's not entirely true; she does have some vague reasoning for her Bitmap/Seraphim suspicion, but it's hardly even related to ika's flip. And I'm also in the camp of wondering why she's voting Seraphim even though someone else is apparently a stronger scumread -- I assume BRantz is that someone else because he's the only other scumread she's mentioned. I've given her the benefit of the doubt so far because of her proclaimed inability to work without flips, but that's starting to strain.

In fact, I'll follow in the footsteps of my bandwagoners and be less reserved with my vote:

VOTE: zombiekitty

@Seraphim
, you say BRantz is scummy based on his predecessor. What about BRantz himself? I had enough of a townread on him to turn my scumread around on that slot.
Hey!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Seraphim »

In post 508, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Blarg, preview not submit, idiot.

I mean I disagree with this strongly and obviously; the game hadn't gotten to a point where someone needed to die yesterday when I had to be away for like four/five days and when I came back I wanted to change my vote but avoiding a no lynch was the higher priority for me. Then when I did get the opportunity I did aggressively go right after ika and got him lynched. And annoyingly you've interjected yourself where you didn't need to in regards to the numberQ vote but sufficed to say I haven't dithered with the vote, I voted and haven't tried to tap dance away from it or anything.
"Annoyingly?" I am free to interject myself wherever I see scum behavior k thanks.

I am just very surprised that you are not aggressively pressing any lynches this game, especially given your insistence that you would not necessarily be playing as an IC unless questions were asked of you. Maybe I have a mistaken conception of your play (unlikely seeing as you did not disagree with my assessment of your play being typically "aggressive") but even right out of the gate, you are passively commenting on what's happening rather than actively pursuing any player for extended portions of the game.

Also, ika was maaaaaajor low-hanging fruit. I know that is meaningless given that I'm coming in post-flip but your case on ika was less than impressive and sort of pushed itself. But I digress. Honestly, I had a scumread on you from your second post where you buddy Bitmap super hard without contributing anything new of your own. It's super jokey but it looks like bullshit to me.

In post 510, numberQ wrote:
@Seraphim
, you say BRantz is scummy based on his predecessor. What about BRantz himself? I had enough of a townread on him to turn my scumread around on that slot.
I honestly think that "Letters" was so scummy that any replacement would be colored by that assessment...but still, BRantz's play, while better than Letters, is lukewarm at best and not enough to shake my read. He might change my mind but those are my thoughts.
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by zombiekitty »

In post 506, Seraphim wrote:Do you have any reasons for voting me or something I could respond to?

Bitmap was just the first one that popped into mind when ika flipped town for some reason. He already town read ika at the very first page (well, he said ika "felt" town from just one post of ika's), and on day 2, called ika "anti-town" for his behaviour, but never really shared what his actual read on ika was. (if he read ika as town or scum). But that was when I didn't really read the thread thoroughly so I'm not relying too much on that. I have re-read the game properly now (I'm still on page 17 though), and most of my reads initial are changing.
Will likely change my vote later after I finish reading everything tomorrow after work with my reasoning.

In post 510, numberQ wrote:
zombiekitty keeps proclaiming that she works better with flips and such, but now that we have a flip she has basically no reasoning for her two scumreads. Well that's not entirely true; she does have some vague reasoning for her Bitmap/Seraphim suspicion, but it's hardly even related to ika's flip. And I'm also in the camp of wondering why she's voting Seraphim even though someone else is apparently a stronger scumread -- I assume BRantz is that someone else because he's the only other scumread she's mentioned. I've given her the benefit of the doubt so far because of her proclaimed inability to work without flips, but that's starting to strain.

Read my reply to Seraphim above. And I haven't had a proper re-read of the game at the time I said I was starting to suspect both of them. Also, my strongest scum read was the one next to ika which would have been the Pramitz/Jelly slot. But after reading back on day 2 and Jelly's posts, that has now changed.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

It is a mistake to completely discount the scum read on a slot just because a replacement comes in and appears different. Nothing a replacement says or does can in any way impact what the prior player(s) said and did, and just crossing out the earlier stuff seems like a really good way to go about losing newbie games.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 513, Drixx wrote:It is a mistake to completely discount the scum read on a slot just because a replacement comes in and appears different. Nothing a replacement says or does can in any way impact what the prior player(s) said and did, and just crossing out the earlier stuff seems like a really good way to go about losing newbie games.
Who is scum?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 514, Seraphim wrote:
In post 513, Drixx wrote:It is a mistake to completely discount the scum read on a slot just because a replacement comes in and appears different. Nothing a replacement says or does can in any way impact what the prior player(s) said and did, and just crossing out the earlier stuff seems like a really good way to go about losing newbie games.
Who is scum?

If I knew that for sure, I'd have said so already.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I don't care who you know for sure. I want to know who you think is scum.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

My gut has been saying DDD for awhile, but I haven't really been able to find anything in his posts to point at and say "that's scummy", save perhaps that the totality of them seems sort of lackadaisical. If you poke him or say something he can respond to sarcastically, then he responds, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything "proactive" about his play.

For different reasons, my gut doesn't like BRantz this game. Again there's nothing concretely scummy that I can quote and go "this is super scummy".
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by Seraphim »

You should vote one of them or something. Or question them.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

That's more or less what I've been trying to tell Drixx for a while now.

Anyway I'd rather have my vote here.

VOTE: BRantz
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding BRantz.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:25 am

Post by numberQ »

That's a good point. I won't discount the possibility BRantz is scum, but he's still not near the top of my scum list despite the actions of his predecessor.

That honor still belongs to zombiekitty. Post did not alleviate my suspicion.

@DDD
, I'm starting to see things the way Seraphim and Drixx (and iirc, ika) do/did, regarding your scumminess. Can you point to any instances of activity from you to refute their claim that you're too passive? I looked through your ISO but I want to hear your answer.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:26 am

Post by numberQ »

@Mod

Oh hey, just noticed that little cake next to your name. Happy birthday Deas!
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:31 am

Post by numberQ »

EBWOP: Obviously I don't understand the [ post ] tags. Just imagine my link up there points to post 512 in
this
game.
Hey!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:57 am

In post 511, Seraphim wrote:"Annoyingly?" I am free to interject myself wherever I see scum behavior k thanks.

Also, ika was maaaaaajor low-hanging fruit. I know that is meaningless given that I'm coming in post-flip but your case on ika was less than impressive and sort of pushed itself. But I digress. Honestly, I had a scumread on you from your second post where you buddy Bitmap super hard without contributing anything new of your own. It's super jokey but it looks like bullshit to me.

You're free to do whatever you want but it seems like new players
In post 497, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:I will take a look at his ISO although I got a different impression from his NumberQ vote than you did.
understood what was going on while you were busy interjecting yourself before I could get a reaction.

And isn't the comment about the ika case self-contradictory? Either it was impressive and did all the work itself and I didn't need to do any work once I laid it out there or it was less than impressive and I worked to make the lynch happen. I'm fine with it either way and fine with that wagon, 10/10 would lynch for those crimes again. As for the Bitmap point, and? Feel free to look back at my history; I goof around and interact differently with those I have experience with.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”