Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Ellie »

In post 1915, T S O wrote:it's so coincidental that viking claims he was Roleblocked just when the Scum Roleblocker happens to die and it feels disgusting and off.

Your reads are really opportunistic.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:43 am

Post by T S O »

It's my opinion as someone who's seen a lot more than you.

What's opportunistic about it?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Ellie »

You take whatever wagon everyone else is excited about and act like the person is confirmed scum.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:53 am

Post by T S O »

wait what
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:56 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1910, T S O wrote:If this is genuine, cool, out with it. If this is some sort of snap reaction to misreading me in Masquerade, my tolerance will be 0.

Thanks.

It's nothing to do with Masquerade. I don't assume people are Scum just because they were last time and I'm offended that you think so little of me.

@SilverWolf: If it's NAR then RB resolves before Kill.

p-edit: I think I like this Ellie person.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:57 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1915, T S O wrote:It makes a kind of sense that vikingfan didn't get a result because pisskop RB'd him, but it's so coincidental that viking claims he was Roleblocked just when the Scum Roleblocker happens to die and it feels disgusting and off.

In post 1920, T S O wrote:
In post 1918, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1915, T S O wrote:It makes a kind of sense that vikingfan didn't get a result because pisskop RB'd him, but it's so coincidental that viking claims he was Roleblocked just when the Scum Roleblocker happens to die and it feels disgusting and off.

Sure bud.

Unfortunately, since there's a confirmed roleblocker in the setup, we're not lynching the cop claim based on things feeling "disgusting and off."

Sure bud, that's why I'm not voting for vikingfan.

I am trying to understand where this notion of me treating him like "confscum" came from - it's certainly not at all apparent to me. I said he could be confscum -if- certain meta I haven't read yet backs one conclusion up - did you misread that post? Because that's everything I posted in relation to being confscum, so I don't see what other conclusion I could reach.

I think if I was trying to call him confscum I would have voted him - it's my usual procedure to follow in those cases.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:59 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1929, goodmorning wrote:
In post 1910, T S O wrote:If this is genuine, cool, out with it. If this is some sort of snap reaction to misreading me in Masquerade, my tolerance will be 0.

Thanks.

It's nothing to do with Masquerade. I don't assume people are Scum just because they were last time and I'm offended that you think so little of me.

Don't get offended, gm, I think a lot of you, but the fact is your scumread on me seems completely unfounded, as does your immediate confidence in it, and short of Masquerade I can literally find 0 reason why this would at all be the case.

In post 1929, goodmorning wrote:p-edit: I think I like this Ellie person.

Go ahead and help her back up her accusation if you think that - she's going to need a lot of help doing so.
-Marquis
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Here's what everyone not voting for vikingfan needs to know:

-He claimed cop day 1 when he was pressured
-On N1, he wasn't nightkilled. With me being "outted as tracker", the scum's actions would be straightforward if he's town. Kill and RB me and viking. Given that there were two kills, that decreases the likelihood of a kill being prevented. There is probably not multiple factions of mafia, as they would usually appear with a variant such as "Sicilian Mafia".
-Now, the most damning piece of evidence, is that
vikingfan claims that he was told that he was protected
. We know that this doesn't happen in normal games. He is straight up lying, trying to explain his survival with another lie.

vikingfan is 100% scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:04 am

Read this again: no matter what ika says,
players are never told if they are protected in normal games on this site
. vikingfan lied. Why would he lie about being protected? He is insecure about how his survival looks and tried to compensate for it by fabricating an explanation for it. He made a mistake in site meta.

He needs to be quicklynched ASAP.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:09 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1931, T S O wrote:
In post 1929, goodmorning wrote:It's nothing to do with Masquerade. I don't assume people are Scum just because they were last time and I'm offended that you think so little of me.

Don't get offended, gm, I think a lot of you, but the fact is your scumread on me seems completely unfounded, as does your immediate confidence in it, and short of Masquerade I can literally find 0 reason why this would at all be the case.

Your ISO is full of brash trumpeting confidence and no actual information.

In post 1929, goodmorning wrote:p-edit: I think I like this Ellie person.

Go ahead and help her back up her accusation if you think that - she's going to need a lot of help doing so.[/quote]
I think I like this person =/= I 100% agree with this person.

I can agree that based on what I've seen of this game you do seem a bit more prone to loving the leading wagon than usual.

P-Edit: There's a mystery going on and I'm gonna solve it.

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 1933, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Read this again: no matter what ika says,
players are never told if they are protected in normal games on this site
. vikingfan lied. Why would he lie about being protected? He is insecure about how his survival looks and tried to compensate for it by fabricating an explanation for it. He made a mistake in site meta.

He needs to be quicklynched ASAP.

Oh, I forgot this was a Normal. You're absolutely correct.

VOTE: vikingfan
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:15 am

Post by vikingfan »

Someone care to point me in the direction where it says the mod can't tell a player they were protected? If it's really a rule, ika did a pretty good job of screwing the town over.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Ellie »

In post 1930, T S O wrote:I am trying to understand where this notion of me treating him like "confscum" came from - it's certainly not at all apparent to me. I said he could be confscum -if- certain meta I haven't read yet backs one conclusion up - did you misread that post? Because that's everything I posted in relation to being confscum, so I don't see what other conclusion I could reach.

I think if I was trying to call him confscum I would have voted him - it's my usual procedure to follow in those cases.

Mm. Look at how you joined the Klingon wagon as it was heating up. Same pattern. Then, when there were reasons to think she might be town,
In post 1747, T S O wrote:Anywayyy I hope Klingon's scumflip will help bolster her read
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Ellie »

At any rate, your research into vikingfan's meta should be interesting to read.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 am

In post 1936, vikingfan wrote:Someone care to point me in the direction where it says the mod can't tell a player they were protected? If it's really a rule, ika did a pretty good job of screwing the town over.

ika didn't mess up. You did, and you're lucky he didn't hammer the last nail in your coffin himself by disproving your claim. You were told that you were protected, but you weren't told that you were roleblocked, isn't that a bit of a contradiction? You should have thought of that before you fakeclaimed.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 am

I think that further discussion is superfluous and would only help scum with targeting tonight. Everyone should lay their vote on vikingfan and end the day and we will resume tomorrow after the night actions have resolved. Any other bandwagon would only serve to help scum at this juncture.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 am

Post by vikingfan »

Ika, can you confirm that in this game, you tell people that they are saved? Otherwise it's going to screw not only me over but future people who are saved as well.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 am

In post 1941, vikingfan wrote:Ika, can you confirm that in this game, you tell people that they are saved? Otherwise it's going to screw not only me over but future people who are saved as well.

But you killed the doctor. Who else is going to get saved, vf...and it's a huge discrepancy that you weren't told you were RB...when ika told you that you were saved, why didn't you ask "what about my investigation?"
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:27 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1900, ika wrote:
In post 1895, elusive wrote:

@ika, What happens if a player is murdered and healed, are they still able to use their action? What information do they get if any?

A player being healed would not stop them from acting.

If they get feedback or not is dependent on mod and role card wordings.

This is the only thing keeping me from voting VF right now.

If he is being honest, I absolutely believe he was RB'd before Pisskop died. I can also believe scum would RB the cop with all the talk in the thread of the cop needing to be protected.

What I don't believe is this.

In post 1884, vikingfan wrote:I'm surprised ika didn't list it here but I was attacked last night and left for dead but was saved (I'm guessing by boon). I'm not sure if it was a result of being saved or not but I didn't get a result, I had investigated Shinobi. otherwise, if my getting attacked didn't stop the result, then I'm guessing pisskop did.

I can't believe he would be told he was attacked and saved both in a normal, non bastard game.

VF-were you told you were RB'd last night or not?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:28 am

Post by goodmorning »

I don't actually see anything on the Wiki saying they can't be informed they were protected in Normals, so even though it's still highly implausible it isn't impossible.

From the Doctor page: "While this is highly frowned upon at mafiascum.net, some moderators will tell players that they were saved from death via a form of protection (i.e. Doctors)."

(Also, these pictures are new AND I DIG THEM)

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1875, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Sorry, I realized during the night that I had mixed up my role pms with another game. I'm unfortunately a VT. My bad...

I really, really don't like this. Like at all. ABR is a pretty experienced player here; I don't really see him making the two mistakes he made in this post.

Just a general note, anyone who thinks ABR + Vikingfan are on a scumteam together must be reading a different game than me, because that makes zero sense. They could both be scum, but they aren't together

In post 1877, dragonspawn wrote:So a vigilante or serial killer killed our first scum. Good job.

Going to check out some iso posts

This post doesn't sit well with me, really, just the way it's worded. It's like something robotic spewed out a very generic response to the kills, followed by a generalized "I'm gonna go read ISOs now"

In post 1884, vikingfan wrote:I'm surprised ika didn't list it here but
I was attacked last night and left for dead but was saved (I'm guessing by boon)
. I'm not sure if it was a result of being saved or not but I didn't get a result, I had investigated Shinobi. otherwise, if my getting attacked didn't stop the result, then I'm guessing pisskop did.

I do agree that this looks pretty sketchy, though.

Is there someone that can confirm this to be true / not true? Like a link or something? Or is it a more generalized common knowledge thing?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:30 am

In post 1943, SilverWolf wrote:This is the only thing keeping me from voting VF right now.

ika is not going to throw vf under the bus like that. Vf is sinking all on his own and doesn't need the help.

In post 1944, goodmorning wrote:From the Doctor page: "While this is highly frowned upon at mafiascum.net, some moderators will tell players that they were saved from death via a form of protection (i.e. Doctors)."

That's a microscopic amount of games, that I haven't seen or heard of in 8 years and hundreds of games.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:30 am

Post by goodmorning »

Actually it's the not-getting-a-result-at-all that I find the most implausible part of this story. Usually blocked Cops will get back "No Result" at least.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:32 am

Post by goodmorning »

And "No Result" is widely understood to mean "you got blocked" in a Normal.

Because that's what it means.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 am

vf appealing to ika is scum theater, don't believe it. Lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong about vf. He has violated basic tenets of mafia normalcy metal and there is a 0% chance that he's town. Mark my words carefully. Zero percent.

In post 1947, goodmorning wrote:Actually it's the not-getting-a-result-at-all that I find the most implausible part of this story. Usually blocked Cops will get back "No Result" at least.

Exactly!!!! He wasn't even curious if it was a mod mistake that maybe ika forgot to send him his investigation result.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”