pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 318, Sakura Hana wrote:Yeah, so?

if you were legitimately interested in sorting me, you should have taken that opportunity to engage me on my suspicion of you instead of just sitting there doing fuck all about it.

like, you're saying that when I started being suspicious of you you wanted to figure out if I was scum-pushing you - and that your method of doing that was to completely ignore my initial suspicion of you. how did you intend to sort if my suspicion was coming from a town place if not by asking me about the thought process behind it?

In post 318, Sakura Hana wrote:Uh, i did ask you about it, i found it odd that you had gotten a townread on him so early and that's what we've debating about for a long while already.

oh jesus. I thought it was odd that you didn't ask me to elaborate on why specifically I had him as town, but then I looked again and saw that I outright told you I wasn't interested in elaborating as soon as you first asked me about it.

:facepalm: never mind that

In post 321, zMuffinMan wrote:Why are you voting Rylai over Sakura?

I'm still not sure what I'm seeing in Sakura's play necessarily has to be attributed to scum. I want to think about it more before deciding whether to hard push her over it.

on the other hand, Rylai's reads list () feels like he's just BS'ing reads, and there's no indication at all that he's trying to legitimately game solve so far. do you disagree?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 325, pieguyn wrote:if you were legitimately interested in sorting me, you should have taken that opportunity to engage me on my suspicion of you instead of just sitting there doing fuck all about it.

And since when do you decide what's going through my head? you know i try to stay calm in my posts to prevent from exploding like I usually do, if that's not enough for you then go ahead and think whatever the hell you want, because i've already tried to reach out to you and i'm not gonna spend all this day phase just trying to reason with you.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 321, zMuffinMan wrote:

In post 301, Kagami wrote:Does sakura scum make sense given your negative utility aspect? (Yes/No/Irrelevant)

Why are you asking pieguy this? (Or rather, how would pieguy's thoughts on this matter compared to your own?)

Because pieguy knows how FG has ameliorated the vampires' hated status this time around, which may be relevant to sakura's ability.

The simplest method would be a "not hated today" daycard, but that would be terrible design if the vampires are town and sakura is scum, since even if FG decided to include a surprise lylo mechanic again, it would make lylo a race to post first. If pieguy had implied that he becomes non-hated via a daycard, I'd consider that as evidence that sakura is town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 326, Sakura Hana wrote:And since when do you decide what's going through my head? you know i try to stay calm in my posts to prevent from exploding like I usually do, if that's not enough for you then go ahead and think whatever the hell you want, because i've already tried to reach out to you and i'm not gonna spend all this day phase just trying to reason with you.

when did you reach out to me?

not speaking sarcastically or anything. I legit missed it if you did.

anyway, I still need to know how exactly you thought ignoring my initial suspicion of you would help you sort me. (and it should really be obvious that I'm not 100% you're scum. if I'm wrong, show me why I'm wrong and I'll drop it.)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

How does it make LyLo a race to post first?

PEd: @Pie when i was talking about my emotions earlier.
It's not that i was ignoring your suspicion, I alienate myself from all suspicions to prevent me from exploding like i used to do when people voted me, this has been going around for over a year in my playstyle, im surprised you never noticed it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:17 am

Post by notscience »

Hey pieguy I'm just going to throw this out there because I need to protect my buddy and all that

plus tbh I am skimming and need to read seriously but

do you think gif's touhou game and misreading her might cause you to be increasingly suspicious of her and give you a false guilty?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 329, Sakura Hana wrote:How does it make LyLo a race to post first?

Sakura-scum posts first, votes pieguy-town in lylo. Rest of scumteam hammers, pieguy is helpless due to your power.

Pieguyn-town posts first, declares card, town doesn't autolose.

It would just be inelegant to such an extent that I don't believe FG would do it. It would also open the door for serious mod error if he's even slightly late or early unlocking the thread.

Anyway, pie suggested that it doesn't work that way, so it doesn't matter.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:22 am

Post by notscience »

Kagami I have had a card where if I was around in 4p and I played it town autowon
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Kagami »

yep, that's how FG "solved" the hated lylo problem last game. But that was irrelevant since the scumteam knew you were masons and knew your powers.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:26 am

Post by notscience »

Yeah

PT spies are such a shit role

Also, I propose mass flavorclaim than GIFFY to tell me which ones make sense as a PT spy
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Kagami »

There is no PT spy and probably no daychat for scum. I have a locked neighborhood and it specifically tells me no one but the listed people have access to it.

FG did the same thing in corpse bride recently as a sort of fallout from upick2.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:32 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

It says in the rules there's no day chat.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 325, pieguyn wrote:Rylai's reads list (282) feels like he's just BS'ing reads, and there's no indication at all that he's trying to legitimately game solve so far. do you disagree?

no
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 am

Post by pieguyn »

will respond to other posts after class, but I'm pretty sure FG flat-out said he wouldn't use QT spy again after the last game
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:07 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 192, SXTLHGaiden wrote:
In post 191, Kagami wrote:Claiming/confirming flavor is probably not a great idea.

FG has a history of giving characters who are more powerful in flavor better abilities.

he also claims he is smarter about that now.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.3

• Serenes Forest [4] - Kilgamayan, thdgkdms, The_Relentless, Sky_Paladin
  • notscience [1] - Malakittens
  • Malakittens [1] - Kilgamayan
  • Shadoweh [2] - GuyInFreezer, ActionDan
  • GuyInFreezer [1] - Sakura Hana
  • pieguyn [2] - zMuffinMan, Kilgamayan
  • Sakura Hana [1] - Kagami
  • Ankamius [2] - Drezi, Sakura Hana
  • The_Relentless [3] - Shadoweh, Ankamius, Kilgamayan
  • SXTLHGaiden [0] -
  • ActionDan [0] -
  • thdgkdms [0] -
  • SB [0] -
  • Sky_Paladin [3] - SB, Rylai Crestfall, Kilgamayan
  • Drezi [0] -
  • Kilgamayan [0] -
  • Rylai Crestfall [1] - pieguyn
  • zMuffinMan [0] -
  • Kagami [0] -

Not Voting [3]
- SXTLHGaiden, notscience, Serenes Forest

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch

Deadline is March 5, 2015, at Noon PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2015-03-05 14:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 321, zMuffinMan wrote:My thoughts on this are basically (assuming he is scum): He started the attack thinking it would be a good way to come across like he was "scum hunting", didn't realise how forced it actually looked, starting realising he had no ground to stand on after a few posts and needed to back off somehow, did it in a really awkward way that he didn't realise was so awkward, and then was stuck not knowing what to do so threw his vote on Shadoweh so it looked like he was still doing something productive.

Well that's a possible scenario of coruse, it's that in your original post I quoted it looked like you were making the point that he didn't know he'd look bad for the push, and had to back down when it happened, and that looked off as there have been no visible signs of that from others at that point.

It's not so much that I'm townreading him, as much as I don't think he's scum for doing that. Other than this Serenes stuff there has been lots of this half jokingly giving out town/scumreads stuff, meta reading each other or referencing past games and I can't do much regarding that.

I kinda agree about Rylai's post, he did say it was 4 AM and was going to sleep though, not sure about that as an excuse for it, we'll see how he follows it up I guess.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:06 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 341, Drezi wrote:in your original post I quoted it looked like you were making the point that he didn't know he'd look bad for the push, and had to back down when it happened

No, I was making the point that the argument someone had made at some point (maybe SB?) was that Serene wouldn't have done it in the first place as scum because it would make him look bad. I don't think that is the case.

In fact, what you quoted was in direct response to that and I don't think it was particularly ambiguous what I was referring to, either. *shrug*

I'm still interested in why you chose that of all things going on in the thread to make a response to. There may be a lot of meta-stuff and whatnot, but there's still plenty of other things you could choose to respond to.

For example, do you have no thoughts on relentless, SP and the wagons that have built up on them?

Do you have any reads at all?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:22 am

Post by ActionDan »

Ok I've read up to page 7 so far but imma take a break to get thoughts out.

First
UNVOTE:

Shadowehs 1st post is blazingly town

VOTE: Relentless

Not for anything related to the massclaim comment but for the rest of it. Gif isn't making whitenoise when there's a read in the same post. Suspicion on serene for voting shadoweh is overdone when it's clearly a wagon vote.

The only thing of merit is the question (accompanied by a threat which is weird kinda like knowing sb is serious bananas but stating he doesn't know him) to kagami. Because i agree that post was trash.

For much the same reasons I am disliking SkyPal for overly criticizing serene and questioning the shadoweh vote when it's a non issue.

Pretty ok with rylai seems town.

If it wasn't obvious I think serene is town with that explanation of the sb suspicion and I can follow it.

Pieguy's read list is skeevy especially with all three of serene sky and relentless on there plus a nonentity like ank plus the massclaim of the spell cards with the condition of not revealing why per his discretion is not something I readily trust
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:22 am

Post by ActionDan »

Oh i like thdgs the legend
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
thdgkdms
thdgkdms
Goon
thdgkdms
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:23 am

Post by thdgkdms »

Lily is here with the Spring!
And Lily is here to say that Lily still wants to see the Forest burned to the ground right now since doesn't make Lily feel any more Serene at all!
Also! Lily's gut reaction while reading the exchange between pieguyn and Sakura Hana was that Lily thinks that Sakura Hana looks worse in the exchange.
Lily will read more of the topic in depth later!
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 342, zMuffinMan wrote:
No, I was making the point that the argument someone had made at some point (maybe SB?) was that Serene wouldn't have done it in the first place as scum because it would make him look bad. I don't think that is the case.

In fact, what you quoted was in direct response to that and I don't think it was particularly ambiguous what I was referring to, either. *shrug*

I'm still interested in why you chose that of all things going on in the thread to make a response to. There may be a lot of meta-stuff and whatnot, but there's still plenty of other things you could choose to respond to.

Why are you so concerned with me picking on something you wrote? You're misunderstanding me anyway, it's the order of events I was referring to as in making a push -> looking bad -> backing down vs making a push -> backing down -> looking bad due to this. I decided to address this that's that.

In post 342, zMuffinMan wrote:For example, do you have no thoughts on relentless, SP and the wagons that have built up on them?

Do you have any reads at all?

Thoughts obviously, as for reads leaning either way I've yet to decide on that, and I won't tryhard it either until I do.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:55 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

It's not so much that you picked something I wrote (I would probably be asking the same question regardless of whose quote it was, though I would have less interest in talking about the actual content if it were someone else's quote). I want to know why, out of all the things you could be giving your thoughts on in the game, you chose to specifically comment on my thoughts on Serene. And why you're not commenting on anything else, despite apparently at least having thoughts on them.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:58 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Well, you did make an off-hand comment about Rylai's last post as well, so I guess it's not far to say you're not commenting on
anything
else, even if that comment was rather lacking in any real substance.
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 343, ActionDan wrote:kinda like knowing sb is serious bananas but stating he doesn't know him

? what does this mean

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”