Mini 429: Planar Chaos Mafia- Finally over (thanks ABR!)

Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Quagmire »

here's who we should be voting for:

1. anix
2. cavane
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Im still looking at Dean and Yama. Either Yama really set a trap and got Dean, or Yama didnt set a trap, but realized his reasoning was crap, so hopped out and said to Dean, "haha! I got you!"
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Cavane »

Ectomancer wrote:Im still looking at Dean and Yama. Either Yama really set a trap and got Dean, or Yama didnt set a trap, but realized his reasoning was crap, so hopped out and said to Dean, "haha! I got you!"
Usually I'd run with the second one, but since Yama has a bit of a history with traps in this game, I'm kinda inclined to believe him.

However, I will also caution him. Keep this up, and everyone is going to be second-guessing everything you say.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Quagmire »

actually, screw it.
unvote, vote: cavane

you're so badly scum, i don't know if i'll be able to take it anymore.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Quag is definetly off in his own world. Any reasoning?

@Yama: Explain this trap thing again.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Quagmire wrote:
Cavane wrote:This is exactly why all the role discussion was a bad idea. We know next to nothing, and now everyone's confused and unsure of what to do. I'm tired of this stagnancy.

Vote: Quagmire
. We need a bandwagon.
I now know who my second suspect is right behind AniX. You haven't commited to anything at all this game -- only "thinking out loud" logic BS -- and when you're using actual logic, it's all been spouted already by other people in a conspicuous attempt to join the most attractive bandwagon. I note that before me, your only two votes have been for Yamahako and DeanWinchester -- both whom, at the time, had the third vote placed upon them. Every single one of your votes so far has been a vote that has placed someone as the leading vote-getter. This does not bode well for our townsmanship, methinks.
DEAN: THere's your reasoning right there. Do a quick reread and look for Cavane posts, and you'll see what I mean.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by Quagmire »

ALSO, the fact that he's totally ignored this means he's even moreso a scumbag.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by Cavane »

Quagmire wrote:ALSO, the fact that he's totally ignored this means he's even moreso a scumbag.
That's some of the biggest craplogic I've seen this game.

1) If I defend myself against every attack, you claim I'm being overdefensive and must be getting nervous under pressure.

2) This is the first time I've looked at this game since you voted me. I haven't ignored it.

3) Even so, I have nothing to say in response, because your attack has no substance. It reminds me of a certain other attack you've been pushing this entire game.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Quag - could be something to your point, could be OMGUS.

Where's Yama? I'm waiting on more word on this trap thing.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Yamahako »

Ectomancer wrote:Quag - could be something to your point, could be OMGUS.

Where's Yama? I'm waiting on more word on this trap thing.
I'm waiting for more people to respond to it - I don't feel the need to explain it further right now, I've explained it once already and its pretty obvious. I guess I can recap-

I put together a bullshit case with some non-confirmed data against Quag. Dean came out saying that it was an excellent case and joined the bandwagon. Read yesterday for my other reasons for thinking Dean is scum (jumped on my other trap too among other things).

Dean - what about what I said seemed like good sound logic to you? Particuarly the part about Quag having been targeted by scum- seeing as how we had a kill from scum last night already.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

The body could be atributed to a sk, a vig, and lots of other scenarios. With everyone claiming to have been blocked it seems likely some one is lying or that someone that was targeted had some kind of protection.

Plus the game was stalling. A bandwaggon normally helps that.

P.S. I really wanted an excuse to vote for quag.

Your "trap" sounds flimsy and lame.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Cavane »

DeanWinchester wrote: Plus the game was stalling. A bandwaggon normally helps that.
Well, I tried. Didn't seem to work, except to earn me some OMGUS.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:43 am

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

Sorry for the delay, but Nocmen replaces TheStatusQuo. Updated votecount coming tonight.
Oh hai.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Nocmen »

Hello all. I am replacing in. Read coming up once I come back from dinner, so sometime later tonight. I will also state my opinion once that time comes.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Ok, time for a read through of the thread, and my opinions on what I have seen here so far.

I would want to criticize and become suspicious of TSQ for his playing the start of the game hostile, but because I sort of took his place I know he wouldnt need to act like that (as a role restriction), and I dont agree either with his false use of Day Vig (which I will announce now straight up was just a ploy used by TSQ for what ever reason he did).

BeHappyNewYear starts attacking TSQ for being condescending. I dont understand why insulting people (aside from the fact that they are insults) would be a scum tell. Looking on the opposite of that, it could have been scum just going and trying to find any reason to quick lynch TSQ (who had a few votes on him from the random stage at that point).
FoS: BeHappyNewYear
for bandwagoning with a bs reason.

It is unlikely just from this, but I need to put this in case someone trys to pull it as a ploy later in the game. Post 84, Yamahako mentions that a townie will never need to lie. While true most of the time, I felt that I should point this out, in case Yamahako would want to use it as backup saying "I was town the whole time, why would I go against my own post?". Actually, this is just WIFOM.

Yamahako also says his posistion is to "vote people who act the way you did" (referring to TSQ, post 89). Yet this is right after he backed down against TSQ and did not end up voting for him. More WIFOM?

DeanWinchester's post 100 brings up something that could possibly help if it comes down to a name claim game (even though I bet the scum will have some safe claims). He mentions scouring PC for cards that could represent a possible Jester. As shown by the death last night, Teferi was from TS, and not PC directly. So I may be guessing that DeanWinchester's role is from PC.

Once again, more possible WIFOM from experience. Ecto and Anix have a childish fight, and this could be one scum against one town, both trying to get the argument in order to form a bandwagon on the other. Or, it could be scum distancing via a fight. Same goes with the Anix-Quagmire going against each other.

I dont like Aelyn's post 156.
Aelyn wrote:EBWOP: I am paying attention and reading up, but I always prefer to stay relatively quiet day one as long as there's some conversation going on.
Why are you avoiding being a part of the conversation? This doesnt hold well when connected to the fact that you voted Cephir for lurking just the post before that.

Im not sure what was lost in the crash that happened either, so Ill pretend that nothing really happened there.

Yamahako votes CPE for no reason, and when criticized for it switches to TSQ...

Post 215: Cavane doesnt think Quag is scum. Could it be that hes saying that as a slight protection to his scum buddy? I hard it find to belive you wouldnt be suspicious of Quagmire after his constant pushes of Anix, even though it is much past random voting at this point.

252: I agree completly with TSQ's points here (and not just because of the fact that I am in his place).
FoS:Ectomancer

Ecto and TSQ here have basically had a quarrel about their points in the game. I dont like how Ecto feels that he does not have to defend himself from this, and throws out more points which I do not agree with. This makes the second disagreement, but this one does not have the possibility of it being two scum distancing each other. TSQ's post mentioned how Ecto danced around the attacks on him, and threw out more, which Ecto did exactly in post 299.

Ecto in post 325 starts to agree with TSQ, though I personally see this as a subtle way of removing more attacks on him (by agreeing and not risking being seen as even more suspicious).

I dont like how Yamahako also plays off trying to boost up Ecto by saying he isnt a good defender. This is usually a play that I could see a pair of scum doing.

FoS: Dean Winchester
as well as Ecto again, both for jumping on the Ceph bandwagon at the final stretch of Day 1, with reasons that really arent fully there (or I missed them).

This ends Day 1. I will add another post later with my opinions on Day 2 (and how they are reflective of my suspicion from Day 1).
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Hmm...so now we go on to Day 2, and we lost Kison (which I already knew from originally skimming the thread even before I did the thorough reading of Day 1.

Seemed like a good idea for the scum to kill Kison, as he didnt have any major enemies (or enemies with the scum that would make people suspicious of them if Kison died).

Im not sure if Quag is taking advantage of Anix getting RB'd Day 2 as his reason behind the vote still from yesterday, or knows something as well about the "block".

Anix seems to me like slipped up about something, and I really dont like how he was acting as if he was trying to get the RBer to reveal themselves.

Though the claim of three people being roleblocked... Im not buying all three. Quag, mind telling us how you were blocked?

Theres many things bothering me, but I enjoy how there are many different possbilities of what could be happening here (like the possibility involving Quag).

I will not vote for now.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

@Nocmen: My role is from ts. I said I only looked at pc to see if anyone bit on it. Nobody did, but obviously there other poeple from ts. I would like to point out judging from the bodies we all legendary poeple of some kind. I don't think there is enough to give mafia safe claims.

As far as jumping on the bandwaggon goes, we were deadlined and close to the deadline.

What is the feeling about a name-claim to try and jump start this game again.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Post by Yamahako »

DeanWinchester wrote: What is the feeling about a name-claim to try and jump start this game again.
For what its worth - I'm against a name claim - because if other peoples names would give away their roles as bad as mine - then I'd rather not out townie power roles.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

Would the roles always be based on their names? I mean, I wouldn't see Teferi as being the name investigator. He would seem more to me as a rolebocker of some sort.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Nocmen »

Well...I was looking through cards, when I have a good idea of what happened last night.

Someone here is Ith, High Arcanist. They used their ability on Quag last night, which could explain why everyone was confused. However, I dont agree with someone becoming Ovinized, but that could be another roleblocker doing something.

Im still trying to figure out which character would have something to do with Teferi's death.

And I still do think there is room for many safe claims the scum could use. There are 28 legendary creatures combined between Time Spiral and Planar Chaos (and 37 if you include those "Timeshifted"). There arent many that can be thrown out, because there could be townies in many roles (such as Crovax being lynched yesterday).

This puts us in a predicament, as I do feel a name claim would hurt the town much more than the scum. Such a shame that we had to lose the person who investigated names last night (though, much like Teferi havign the name investigation ability, the scum might not have been so obvious).
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I didn't think of ith. That would explain alot of last night's shinanigans.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Lowell »

Hey all. Still here. I dont' have the slightest clue what's going on. Feel free to come at me with devilish quesitons or whatever. Here to help.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

Why don't you try to figure out whats going on then?
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Cavane »

Scumhunting > Deducing the setup.

The Quag wagon failed to get anything going other than actually getting him to vote someone other than AniX. (Of which I am personally very proud.) Therefore, I will
Unvote Quagmire
and reconsider my position, since the replacement is among us. I'm thinking about renewing my case on Dean. Between the things I pointed out Yesterday and Yama's trap, I'm not feeling good about him.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Quagmire »

nocmen: a sudden labyrinth appeared before me, preventing me from going anywhere or doing anything.
Cavane wrote:The Quag wagon failed to get anything going other than actually getting him to vote someone other than AniX. (Of which I am personally very proud.) Therefore, I will Unvote Quagmire and reconsider my position, since the replacement is among us. I'm thinking about renewing my case on Dean. Between the things I pointed out Yesterday and Yama's trap, I'm not feeling good about him.
Cavane, you haven't pointed out any new or useful scumhunts, just ones that other people have said. Combine that with your total reluctance to vote for anybody that
isn't
a wagon, I really, really, really think that you're scum.

I could vote for dean, too...but Cavane is solid right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”