Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I highly doubt there's werewolves, and if there was an SK, they killed the scum. Nobody tried to kill vikingfan.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Ellie »

There is no evidence for or against werewolves except for vikingfan's claim. There is also no evidence that if an SK exists they killed pisskop. It could equally have been a town vig.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:57 pm

In large normals, two mafia factions are more common than a werewolf and a mafia faction. This game is flavorless. The mafia flipped with with no modifier. I think there's a mafia and a lone shooter. Nobody shot vikingfan.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Ellie »

There was a mafia & werewolf setup only two large normals back. NY 178. So no, these are assumptions you are making because you want to call vikingfan scum, not facts.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 320, pisskop wrote:I wonder if Cheetory isn't putting on a show for the town

In post 386, Cheetory6 wrote:
pisskops wrote:I wonder if Cheetory isn't putting on a show for the town
What're you even trying to say here? :?

In post 402, pisskop wrote:The coding seemed flashy; over the top even. I'm glad to see it got dropped after a couple posts.

Math and goodmorning, what do you think of this interaction?
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by Ozgin »

In post 2204, Shinobi wrote:VOTE: cheetory

This is a good start if we're not going to stare down the "VF is mafia" tunnel all day.

I've also got a bone to pick with Kitz but I accept the fact that I could be biased in that regard. I don't know where her townread on me from earlier came from and it seems like her scumread is based on me not talking to other people, so I don't really know how that could affect her read. Hrm.

Pedit: Yeah, the whole Viking thing is lame and I accept the fact that he'll probably die today. I'm perfectly willing to move my vote there if it'll get people to shut up about it.

So this is kind of scummy to me because it sounds like he's saying, "Let's vote player x because I think a wagon on player y is stupid. But if it's popular, then yeah sure I'll vote player y." Aside from a comment about "apathetic dribble" on Cheetory's part 2 posts prior to making the quoted on above, he almost has no reason to target Cheetory. Then in a Pedit he claims that he'll vote vf even though he disagrees with the wagon, just because it's popular. I don't get it.

I also remember reading some weird position Shinobi took in his ISO about him "wanting to be remembered as being on the NJ wagon because I want to look suspicious."

I don't necessarily scumread Shinobi, but I also have no clue what angle he's working at and it's kinda bothersome. I'd say I lean scum on him, but not convicted enough to FoS him yet.

Pedit:

Ellie wrote:There was a mafia & werewolf setup only two large normals back. NY 178. So no, these are assumptions you are making because you want to call vikingfan scum, not facts.

He didn't say it wasn't possible, he just said it's less common. Be reasonable here, we don't need cloudy junk in everyone's head throwing off reads, which is what posts like this are.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2294, T S O wrote:
In post 2293, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2289, T S O wrote:But - I think ABR would be quite likely to fakeclaim Tracker as town and am reading him as rather solidly town, and I think Ellie's full of shit. MathBlade could be town, but is misguided as hell.

I don't have a problem with him claiming Tracker. I have a problem with the way it was rescinded.

What was your issue there?

"lol whoops i read the wrong pm haha"

Like I said, that's not a mistake I believe. I'd have liked it better if he just went "well I lied."

Now that I think of it, that actually implies stuff which could majorly fuck over ongoing games.

p-edit: @Ellie: Not really indicative.

@Ozgin: Actually there's something of a fad for multiball Large Normals recently, much like the sitewide fad for Neighbours that's pissed off DGB quite thoroughly.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2302, Albert B. Rampage wrote:In large normals, two mafia factions are more common than a werewolf and a mafia faction.

Says who?

Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 2305, Ozgin wrote:He didn't say it wasn't possible, he just said it's less common. Be reasonable here, we don't need cloudy junk in everyone's head throwing off reads, which is what posts like this are.

Then there is no logic to ABR's post. "Less common but literally just happened" tells us nothing about how ika chose to design
his
game. Therefore it should not be used as an argument. (And you calling this "cloudy junk" and "throwing off reads" is off.)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:11 pm

He is scum. You have no basis to believe him. Any lynch in any other direction will be a mislynch because nobody can agree on vf's claim and we're going in twelve different directions while he's sitting there right under our nose.

Think of the odds of the town trying to lynch the cop on day 1, then the doctor gets killed on N1 while the cop is blocked, while the doctor has a loud modifier that doesn't appear upon his death, preventing a kill from a third source, who has so far remained completely undetected by the flips.

You're naive if you believe this narrative.

vikingfan saw the two flips this morning and concocted a half-baked claim, got nervous it wasn't convincing enough and dug a deeper hole to bury himself in. OMGUS on me, hides from the thread, appeals to the mod, blames the mod, makes elaborate grandstanding speeches about how I should be vigged. He's not town. There's nothing town about him. You would think that the extraordinary circumstances around him would invoke passion, drive a need to be believed, bring a new life to his game. But what has he done? He's closed the blinders, stopped caring about the game, and started rotting. This isn't the behavior of an innocent player.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2304, Ellie wrote:
In post 320, pisskop wrote:I wonder if Cheetory isn't putting on a show for the town

In post 386, Cheetory6 wrote:
pisskops wrote:I wonder if Cheetory isn't putting on a show for the town
What're you even trying to say here? :?

In post 402, pisskop wrote:The coding seemed flashy; over the top even. I'm glad to see it got dropped after a couple posts.

Math and goodmorning, what do you think of this interaction?

Scum being weird and don't really know anything about Cheetory from that post. My gut says maybe townish on cheetory for that post?

But my gut isn't a human gut and it's a very small indication only...I need more posts to feel the troll stomach. ....I eat good posts and spit out votes. :D
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by Ozgin »

In post 2306, goodmorning wrote:@Ozgin: Actually there's something of a fad for multiball Large Normals recently, much like the sitewide fad for Neighbours that's pissed off DGB quite thoroughly.

That's good to know, actually. How do you learn about these site-wide metas like this? Like how do you know these sorts of things?

I'm curious. As a new player to the site, these sorts of things would help me know what's "probably the case" or "likely to be," at least in terms of mechanics.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Ellie »

ABR: VF's alignment will be confirmed tomorrow. It is optimal to lynch him then. You know this. I know this. We have flipped scum and 2000 posts of interactions to work from. There is nothing stopping us from lynching some other scum today.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Ellie »

And again, ika is exactly the kind of moderator who would include that mechanic in the game. So the argument that it is unlikely is bogus.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 2260, Ellie wrote:If you are scum and see there were two kills and know who your team shot (prob Boon) why invent a third kill?
That
is overcomplicating

Once again. If scum, he gained nothing from inventing that part of his claim except another way for him to be caught.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:20 pm

I checked mafia 165 to 177, that's twelve games. No werewolves in any of them. All mafia, single faction, some had serial killers. This is statistical. You can't read this thread and invent a werewolf faction, you can't. Ellie is too antitown to be town, unless this entire game is an inside joke for her, she is scum, and in either case I want her lynched. If no one will take a definitive stance on viking based on probabilistic deductions, I will compromise with you, and vote for Ellie.
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Ozgin »

In post 2308, Ellie wrote:
In post 2305, Ozgin wrote:He didn't say it wasn't possible, he just said it's less common. Be reasonable here, we don't need cloudy junk in everyone's head throwing off reads, which is what posts like this are.

Then there is no logic to ABR's post. "Less common but literally just happened" tells us nothing about how ika chose to design
his
game. Therefore it should not be used as an argument. (And you calling this "cloudy junk" and "throwing off reads" is off.)

That's fair, but the way you approached it made it sound like you were misinterpreting his point to make yours. But you do make a fair point, as I already said.

In post 2312, Ellie wrote:ABR: VF's alignment will be confirmed tomorrow. It is optimal to lynch him then. You know this. I know this. We have flipped scum and 2000 posts of interactions to work from. There is nothing stopping us from lynching some other scum today.

How will we learn VF's alignment tomorrow, exactly?
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Ellie »

Setup design is not statistical.
The existence of a werewolf faction has as much to do with those twelve games as the result of a coin flip has to do with previous coin flips. Base setup spec on knowledge of ika, or stop speculating.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Ellie isn't using deductive reasoning, she is overestimating vikingfan's commitment and meta knowledge, and is turning away to the truth that is staring her in the face. I've had enough of it. She is probably scum with vikingfan himself, and her lynch is a victory we all deserve to celebrate. Thank you for your time, those are my comments for tonight.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 2316, Ozgin wrote:How will we learn VF's alignment tomorrow, exactly?

Because unless the scum team is stupid -- and Boonskiies' death suggests they are not -- they will not leave an unroleblocked cop alive to check them.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

From, not to.

Vote: Ellie

This is the only acceptable vote for today that isn't vikingfan.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by Ellie »

I really, really don't get it. Starting to wonder if I'm crazy, but what I'm saying seems self-evidently true. Math/Shinobi/GM/others, am I crazy?
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 2320, Albert B. Rampage wrote:From, not to.

Heh.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2311, Ozgin wrote:
In post 2306, goodmorning wrote:@Ozgin: Actually there's something of a fad for multiball Large Normals recently, much like the sitewide fad for Neighbours that's pissed off DGB quite thoroughly.

That's good to know, actually. How do you learn about these site-wide metas like this? Like how do you know these sorts of things?

I'm curious. As a new player to the site, these sorts of things would help me know what's "probably the case" or "likely to be," at least in terms of mechanics.

It helps if people get angry, and it's as much about perception as reality. "Saying something makes it true" in some ways.

Mostly, it's that I do stats threads for the purpose of explaining how much I don't like VCA. I see what roles get flipped. When games are multiball, it's usually Mafia vs WW, followed by Fire vs Ice, followed by A vs B or colour vs different colour.

In post 2320, Albert B. Rampage wrote:From, not to.

Vote: Ellie

This is the only acceptable vote for today that isn't vikingfan.

After bitching about viking for pages you just randomly switch votes? Gross. GROSS.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:37 pm

There is nothing random about it, I've been aggressively against Ellie since Day 1.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”