He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2383, Cheetory6 wrote:
@FA
, I think circumstances are different between D1-D2 and D2-D3 with VK given that roleblocker/doc is dead. I think scum will save a lynch if he's town.

@goodmorning
, I dislike ABR's tinfoilhat stuff as much as the next rational human being, but I have a much easier time imagining crazy townABR over crazy scumABR doing that.

I keep looking at ellie's not-joke not-claim and my head just hurts.

Scum will save a lynch if we mislynch anyone...This is not an argument unique to VF or explain anything townie he has done.

In fact I can't find a single player besides VF himself who actually tries to say I think VF is town because of blah blah blah. It is all about the claim as I said day fucking one we should be lynching and people would be hesitant because cop claim

For a troll apparently I have the powers of foresight.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

With that, the 3M desk is signing out until around 9PM EST or later except the regular commercial break in her life.

Translation I am out for D&D until late tonight. See you then!
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Kitz »

So, after having disappeared for a tiny while and return to read.

What The Fuck Did I Just Read?

It's like a bunch of kids bickering way to dawn for not being Player 1 in that nintendo game.

Multiple players have gone through the process of BSOD in their brains. Cool.

I also notice that I've been quite transparrent. Nothing in referrence to me or anything, even though I did a shotgun blast at the recent scumhunt.

I'm also mindfucked enough to write like this.

NJ's even more scummy for it's lack of contribution and lack of care about the blames.

Shin's scummier too.

ABR's just being weird at the moment spite being scummy. Yo dewd, you like to argue.

Morning's even more visible. ALL DAT CAPZ

Okay.

So.

Why all that bickering with the Setup, not about the actual setup, but the freaking Lottery Chance about it? When I hosted stuff on TvT, I just use RandomOrg or something and randomize roles, before balancing it. I assume the hosts do that here too, so Statistically I don't think that's a thing to argue about. Then again I have little clue about hosting setups in MF, but man, is that really that argue worthy about Chance? It's like the Blue Scratchcard has a higher chance to win than the Red Scratchcard...

My opinion about VK Lynch :
1. The only thing it confirms for us is that there's 3 killers in the setup.
2. Although it might reveal scum mates, everyone's crazy and weird here. Even normal town may be reluctant, so would it actually tell much at this point?
3. Food for thought. What if he's immune and used that as a bullshit excuse to get away?
4. Another food for thought. What if he's part of a 2nd team and the first one is against him?
5. Why are no one giving him a last chance? The RB is dead, and if he's Cop Scum would kill him anyway. A mislynch would just waste our time if 5 is the case.
6. Because of 5, I think there's better targets, who can actually give information by a lynch.

Have fun with your new conspiracy theories. 5 holds the greatest weight, and we can lynch him the next day anyway if he fails all.

Another thing : Why is it under the radar that ABR retracted his Tracker claim? He claimed Tracker out of the freaking blue because he didn't have time to deal with the BS he said, and then later he retract by saying that he read it's a different role PM.
If that's true, he have Sinned. Not discussing more of that Sinned thing, but let's see... He retracts? Are you really letting that go under the radar? You should take your time to read the Role PM, and if you're going to claim a role then you're going to make sure it's your role before you end up getting counterclaimed by an actual tracker and then lynched. This is extremely anti-town behavior, inconsiderate, and risked revealing even more PR.
Would an Experienced Player do this? From what I see, he's from 2007. That's more than enough time to avoid any of this.
VOTE: Albert B. Rampage
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:40 am

Post by T S O »

MathBlade, if you want to be treated as rational, you need to act rational.

You need to lay out your scumcase on me. You need to then look at what you've wrote, and consider whether you
actually believe
it, or whether pride/anger is contributing to it.

If you still feel you have a legitimate case on me, post it and I'll respond to it, one time only, even though I've been asked to stop responding and I agree with that sentiment.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:43 am

Post by T S O »

ABR votes are bad, get them off. If you think someone's mean/prone to argument, that doesn't make them scum.

I reiterate my sentiments about Ellie: if people don't make a comment about her in their next post I will harass the shit out of you until you do.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Kitz »

What's your opinion about my argument for why I vote?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:44 am

Post by T S O »

I asked first - you tell me about Ellie, I'll tell you about ABR.
-Marquis
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

MathBlade wrote:Scum will save a lynch if we mislynch anyone...This is not an argument unique to VF or explain anything townie he has done.
Save a lynch as in they'll kill him for us. Pretend VF is town. No matter how tasty VF is for a mislynch, no scum with any kind of brain would leave a claimed cop alive when they have no way to stop investigations.
If he flips the investigations are canonical.
I really don't see how waiting until D3 to sort this out will do anything but potentially clear/damn someone or save us a lynch on VK via nightkill.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

@Ellie
, my read on you is currently super muddled and your explanations feel like they're intentionally trying to keep me at arm's length here.
I don't really want to lend credence to whatever the fuck ABR is talking about, but there are arguably strange things you've done this game that I don't understand.
I really need you to explain that interaction around elusive on D1 in a more clear way and I'd also like for you to talk at me about you being willing to vote for Viking at L-1 while saying that you think he's town.
Walk me through the thought processes in both situations.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:33 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 2399, MathBlade wrote:@NakedJogger -- Going to contribute anything useful???

I'm trying to find out what's the reasoning behind a player townreading my main scumread.

When are you going to make a post worth giving a shit about?
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Ozgin »

In post 2317, Ellie wrote:
Setup design is not statistical.
The existence of a werewolf faction has as much to do with those twelve games as the result of a coin flip has to do with previous coin flips. Base setup spec on knowledge of ika, or stop speculating.

While events can be
independent
(what you described with the coin flips), in the world of probability
independence is actually vital to determining chance.
For any given independent event, there is still a probability of it happening.

So let's assume that there are wolves. If ABR is correct in saying the last 12 games did not have wolves, then the rate of wolves is 1/13. That makes P(Wolves) = 1/13 = 0.07692, roughly 7.69% of Normal games have a Wolf faction.

Converse
ly, there is a 12/13 chance that there is not a werewolf faction. P(Wolfc) = 12/13 = .92307, or about 92.31% of the time. For any independent event, the probability of it happening n times is P(event)^n, so the probability of us
not
having wolves is P(Wolfc)^13 (Since this will be the 13th game in the series of events) which is .34002, or ~34%.

But, here's the catch. It dawned on me that this happens only when events are random.
If ika did this setup 100% randomly, then my statistics are accurate. However, it is unlikely and unreasonable to assume randomness in a game that is created and operated at the leisure of a mod, therefore I must reject my probabilities based on reasons of bias.

In other words, arguing over the
chances
of this happening is pointless from a statistics standpoint. However, it is
completely valid
to say something to the degree of, "I find it hard to believe vf's story because it just seems so unlikely." It's okay to say that because, since the game was designed with a natural bias, everything is of opinion and vf cannot prove his case and nobody can disprove the case.

In post 2374, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 2367, Cheetory6 wrote:It's more the indirect manner in which you've chosen to deal with me up until this point that bugs me.
You're clearly aware that I've been scumreading you, so why go to the effort to call my case and play shit to other people but not say it directly to me or try to convince me that I'm wrong? I agree with you that I don't think people are considering you at all, which is why I'm trying to decide what I think of what's actually getting talked about right now rather than apparently just dumbly trying to push you and everyone ignoring it.

If you're so sure that ellie and VK are scum together, why aren't you voting ellie instead?

Because I think that VK is the better target at the moment and his flip will strengthen/weaken the ellie case considerable. I do not think that the revers is nessisarily true. I also have an issue with blindly refusing to lynch people no matter how scummy they might be because of a role claim.

Yesterday the argument was do not lynch VF because it is not a good idea to lynch a claimed cop. I agree with that for the first day - give it a chance to play out. Day two roles around and the argument is EXACTLY the same. Why is tomorrow going to be any different. How long do we play around with vf? We already have a good idea that even if his claim is completely honest - he is not going to be helping town anytime soon. I dont think ellie is the best lynch.

I am not against her wagon though. If the decision at the end of the day is between her and VF then I will not shed a tear but I am going to stick with VF until I am convinced that he is not the best wagon to pursue OR it is shown that he is simply not a valid lynch for this day.

So if we lynch VF we could potentially lynch the cop, but there's nothing actually saying he's the cop because he didn't have a result to turn over to us today.

The only thing to be had from voting for vf is the value of his flip, which will help strengthen or diminish a lot of scumreads (Ellie, ABR, maybe a little on Math, etc.). The questions is:
Are you okay with that? Are you okay with lynching a potential cop in exchange for information on a few (at least two) other players?

In post 2379, goodmorning wrote:WHAT? MULTIPLE PEOPLE HAVE EXPLAINED THEIR REASONS FOR FINDING VIKING'S CLAIM POSSIBLE AND ABR INSISTS THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT ADDING ANYTHING NEW TO THE DISCUSSION?????

O M G

W O W

1) Nobody said it was impossible for vf to be lying, not even ABR. The issue is doubt. A lot of us (including myself) are very doubtful of vf's claim, and he hasn't responded to my (that I've noticed) question about what his response PM.

2) Your yelling and capsing and general flaily response isn't necessary.

3) Even if you think ABR is a prick, there's no reason to go off like a firecracker for it. Keep your cool and relax.

In post 2402, Kitz wrote:So, after having disappeared for a tiny while and return to read.

What The Fuck Did I Just Read?

It's like a bunch of kids bickering way to dawn for not being Player 1 in that nintendo game.

Multiple players have gone through the process of BSOD in their brains. Cool.

I also notice that I've been quite transparrent. Nothing in referrence to me or anything, even though I did a shotgun blast at the recent scumhunt.

I'm also mindfucked enough to write like this.

NJ's even more scummy for it's lack of contribution and lack of care about the blames.

Shin's scummier too.

ABR's just being weird at the moment spite being scummy. Yo dewd, you like to argue.

Morning's even more visible. ALL DAT CAPZ

Okay.

So.

Why all that bickering with the Setup, not about the actual setup, but the freaking Lottery Chance about it? When I hosted stuff on TvT, I just use RandomOrg or something and randomize roles, before balancing it. I assume the hosts do that here too, so Statistically I don't think that's a thing to argue about. Then again I have little clue about hosting setups in MF, but man, is that really that argue worthy about Chance? It's like the Blue Scratchcard has a higher chance to win than the Red Scratchcard...

My opinion about VK Lynch :
1. The only thing it confirms for us is that there's 3 killers in the setup.
2. Although it might reveal scum mates, everyone's crazy and weird here. Even normal town may be reluctant, so would it actually tell much at this point?
3. Food for thought. What if he's immune and used that as a bullshit excuse to get away?
4. Another food for thought. What if he's part of a 2nd team and the first one is against him?
5. Why are no one giving him a last chance? The RB is dead, and if he's Cop Scum would kill him anyway. A mislynch would just waste our time if 5 is the case.
6. Because of 5, I think there's better targets, who can actually give information by a lynch.

Have fun with your new conspiracy theories. 5 holds the greatest weight, and we can lynch him the next day anyway if he fails all.

Another thing : Why is it under the radar that ABR retracted his Tracker claim? He claimed Tracker out of the freaking blue because he didn't have time to deal with the BS he said, and then later he retract by saying that he read it's a different role PM.
If that's true, he have Sinned. Not discussing more of that Sinned thing, but let's see... He retracts? Are you really letting that go under the radar? You should take your time to read the Role PM, and if you're going to claim a role then you're going to make sure it's your role before you end up getting counterclaimed by an actual tracker and then lynched. This is extremely anti-town behavior, inconsiderate, and risked revealing even more PR.
Would an Experienced Player do this? From what I see, he's from 2007. That's more than enough time to avoid any of this.
VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

So you say NJ and Shin are "scummier" this day. Can I have more info on the Shin part? I get the NJ points. I do think his hammer was scummy but I believe I explained why I don't think he's scum.

As for your part about ABR, I do agree that it is really shitty to have lied about being a tracker (or perhaps been genuinely mistaken). The thing is, I don't think he's scum based on how sincerely he's pushing Ellie. Granted, this read is biased because I find Ellie to be mildly scummy (Or at least anti-town), but I don't feel like a scum would push genuinely on someone like Ellie.

I'm still struggling with the whole vf/Ellie debate in my head: Which one is scummier and warrants a vote? I'm leaning towards a vf lynch over an Ellie lynch because Ellie, while I've had some iffy reads on her, sort of exudes a kind of town-like frustration as a result of ABR's push on her and on vf. If we lynch vf, and he flips town, Ellie will be all but confirmed town in my mind. On the other hand, a scum vf flip would make me lean more scum on Ellie.

I think the vikingfan lynch is valuable for the read potential it has. I'm willing to go ahead and VOTE: vikingfan.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Ozgin »

EBWOP:

The probability of an event happening n times
consecutively
is P(event)^n.*
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:40 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 2393, T S O wrote:ABR is incredibly town this game, I will never ever support a lynch on him. I am not sure how correct his views on vikingfan are. I do not think I'll be voting him today. Scum could just sort that issue out by killing him for us, or he could make himself useful and give us a result. I highly doubt scum have a second way of result-stopping. If possible, me or ABR would be good targets, so we can get on with crushing scum. Maybe gm too. My favourite option is me because I'd ideally like to trap Ellie and MathBlade in a corner and observe as their jokeread on me is dispelled.

But then again, Ellie will probably die in the noose today, so it's not actually that necessary he checks me - do whatever you want, vf.

ABR is town? WOOowowoowW. How did we get here? You yourself have voiced frustration with the pointless vf discussion and whatnot, now you want to townread the guy who gave that shit propellers and made it fly and eclipse the sun?

How very very weird.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

At this point, I would like for everyone to vote for one of me, ellie and vikingfan.

Then we will see where each one stands.

My role pm is still an issue. I can't say anything more about it due to ongoing games.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:29 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 1979, Kitz wrote:The Boonski murder was also out of place. I do not see breadcrumbing of his role, and he was acting obnoxious enough to be a scapegoat, not a free kill.

Thereby, I propose the suggestion of that our suspects are Experienced Players who know another player's Meta, using it in cross referrence to themselves to deduce who's a PR and not.
Possibility : they figured ABR wasn't a Tracker and that Boon was a Doctor.

In post 1983, Ellie wrote:
In post 1104, Boonskiies wrote:It's like if I were to say I was a doctor or something. No one would really have any reason to believe it, and a CC at this point would be stupid.

In post 1984, Kitz wrote:^ That's quite a stretch to kill.
Someone would have to know how to read him. In context of the situation, it was quite sarcastically and now ironic.

Boon wasn't at all impressed with the main wagons, rightly so because both were on town. He crumbed his role. He was probably on to scum (elusive, dragonspawn) .. what more do you want?
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:37 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 2413, Albert B. Rampage wrote:At this point, I would like for everyone to vote for one of me, ellie and vikingfan.

The reason I don't like your candidates is because if we wait one day we'll know for sure about vikingfan and more about you by association. Ellie could be a programed mislynch judging by how Boon was scumreading her towards the end of day1.

You've effectively crippled discussion with your insistence on this topic and I'm going to do the opposite of what you're saying and ignore you.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:39 am

Post by elusive »

VOTE: NakedJogger

pisskop soft defended you and my stance on you caused him to vote me at one point (at least based on memory) so nice attempt to FOS me without having the research or anything to prove it.

However, posts of ISO and IA coming up.

Also, I don't know mechanics of large games nor setups nor blah blah blah special stuff and nor do I want to play Guess the Mod so instead I'm going to state that day two is also not the day to kill a claimed cop especially when a scum did die and at least one more day where cop is directed on a read to confirm is better then killing a cop. After having once been in a game where a claimed mason was killed over stupid reasons and slightly scummy play, nope.

Edit: SO at least I agree with NJ about the ABR push. We'll see what ISO, IA show but I do agree that the discussion centered around Ellie\VF\ABR is blah and taking away from actual work.

And just on scroll back, MathBlade I never know what you are doing or why and unless you are jester or wanting to pretend to be jester I just do not get it.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:41 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 2416, elusive wrote:And just on scroll back, MathBlade I never know what you are doing or why and unless you are jester or wanting to pretend to be jester I just do not get it.

Yeah but why do you care enough to address it?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:43 am

Post by elusive »

Because I adore MathBlade, that's why.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:45 am

Post by elusive »

And the last game I was in her with she had the scum team pegged but because some of us including me couldn't follow, we lost but she had the entire team pegged 100%
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:46 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Why can't you PM her compliments or something then. Why do you need to shit up the thread with your useless comment? Would you say your circle brown-nosing you've got going on is pro-town? Why?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:48 am

Post by dragonspawn »

I think pks defense of naked is something we all need to consider.

tso, Ellie is playing scummy to me, but I think Viking and naked are better suspects right now. I'm still open either way with Ellie though. If she can convince me she is town great. If not I'm all for a good lynching at some point.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:48 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Also this time I can say for certain she's wrong about the one she's been tunneling throughout the whole game.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:49 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 2420, FakedBlogger wrote:Why can't you PM her compliments or something then. Why do you need to shit up the thread with your useless comment? Would you say your circle brown-nosing you've got going on is pro-town? Why?

you're really not in a position to whine about useless comments
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:50 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Yeah DS should be scum

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”