Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 174, RadiantCowbells wrote:You're completely missing my point. It could come from scum but it's not something that's inherently scummy, and as music voted me and therefore considers me scum it seems improbable that their response would be so ambivalent as to whether I would be town or not.

Not everybody feels the need to scream that their target is scum with every post they make. For that matter, claiming that you're making up reasons to scumread him (I have paraphrased here, but it's a believable interpretation of his words IMO) doesn't indicate that he thinks you're town by any means.

I'm ambivalent as to your alignment and nevertheless think that your points against him are far less conclusive than you've claimed.
(For the record that leaves me with three possibilities: 1) you're town and believe them anyway, 2) you're town and overemphasising to get the game going, or 3) you're scum and pushing something which you inherently don't believe.)

Running late, have to leave, see you later.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Taly »

I kind of agree with odd in that this is a very fast paced game(which I don't think is bad), but I would say he was overreacting in a sense which could be scum or town reaction, I think the current wagon is very valid, but I wouldn't just base someone as scum off of them losing their head for a moment, unless it was consistent and less explained.

I really don't understand how was to be seen as scum , I was openly receptive for people to ask questions to try and see a better side of me because they were obviously unsure since they didn't know that much. I want people to ask questions because it seems town-motivated to for the questioning, and questioned to realize the side of the other, and both to understand information to know what to do to press forward. Also, I agree with Aquanim in post - you haven't given any reasons for any of your reads as far as I've seen and even when answered in post you didn't even elaborate on top of that. Other than this, I haven't seen many posts from you indicating a lot of insight, or at the very least, town-motivated thoughts.

VOTE: mykonian

Additionally, I'll listen to Elyse if she is going to digress on why she still wants to vote for eektor. I'd like to hear it
@Elyse ^^ Question above
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 176, Taly wrote:I really don't understand how post 124 was to be seen as scum mykonian, I was openly receptive for people to ask questions to try and see a better side of me because they were obviously unsure since they didn't know that much. I want people to ask questions because it seems town-motivated to for the questioning, and questioned to realize the side of the other, and both to understand information to know what to do to press forward. Also, I agree with Aquanim in post 144 - you haven't given any reasons for any of your reads as far as I've seen and even when answered in post 149 you didn't even elaborate on top of that. Other than this, I haven't seen many posts from you indicating a lot of insight, or at the very least, town-motivated thoughts.

hmm. Hows that for omgus.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 177, mykonian wrote:
In post 176, Taly wrote:I really don't understand how post 124 was to be seen as scum mykonian, I was openly receptive for people to ask questions to try and see a better side of me because they were obviously unsure since they didn't know that much. I want people to ask questions because it seems town-motivated to for the questioning, and questioned to realize the side of the other, and both to understand information to know what to do to press forward. Also, I agree with Aquanim in post 144 - you haven't given any reasons for any of your reads as far as I've seen and even when answered in post 149 you didn't even elaborate on top of that. Other than this, I haven't seen many posts from you indicating a lot of insight, or at the very least, town-motivated thoughts.

hmm. Hows that for omgus.

I'm just stating what I think about your moves so far, same as everyone else. Are you going to dismiss my question, then? I'm asking you to give me and others insights on your reads.

And the
Hows that for omgus
seems like you're indirectly trying to make it seem like I sound like I'm overreacting.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Hey all, sorry for disappearing last night. I left work and intended to jump back on here when I got home but passed out for 12 hours. I'm catching up now and will have something out tonight.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 171, InsidiousLemons wrote:You just normally seem so cheery and friendly, that to respond to an incredulous question like that without really divulging anything or even offering an explanation as to why you aren't divulging anything is in contrast to what I've seen of how you post from the brief time I've spent playing with you. I'm aware it's hard to tell tone in text, but it seemed as though you almost expected it to be a perfect, sufficient explanation. With that said, why did you keep your RVS vote?

heh, well then.

I'm not terribly cheery.

I also am quite aware that it's not very satisfying to have a vote on a townread. But it's not as if I'm not aware.

What you are doing then, is being my mom. "Don't you think you it's a good idea to clean your room".

but since I feel like being an adolescent, I'm answering "yes, that's an awesome idea" and continue to not do it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 178, Taly wrote:I really don't understand how post 124 was to be seen as scum mykonian, I was openly receptive for people to ask questions

Actually, I can easily explain what's bothering me with this post, and in a similar way, post 124.

Asking people to ask you questions, esspecially at this early point of the game is a defense mechanism. Explaining what you did and why you did things tends to put people at ease. Since scum hasn't really bothered to make any moves, they haven't been in tight spots yet (hey, we just finished the RVS), this is "easy". Which is wrong with this post and post 124.

The second thing that is very wrong with this post in particular is the emphasis on "openly". This is a given when you are town. The emphasis doesn't make half as much sense when you are town (you are open anyway), but makes more sense from a scum mindset "I can still be honest about my gameplay so far, there's nothing to find".

So the way I see it, Taly is a prime candidate for scum.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Elyse »

Taly, I explained why I'm voting eektor in post 168.

I like mykonian's point about "openly". I find saying the word "honestly" is very similar.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 181, mykonian wrote:
In post 178, Taly wrote:I really don't understand how post 124 was to be seen as scum mykonian, I was openly receptive for people to ask questions

Actually, I can easily explain what's bothering me with this post, and in a similar way, post 124.

Asking people to ask you questions, esspecially at this early point of the game is a defense mechanism. Explaining what you did and why you did things tends to put people at ease. Since scum hasn't really bothered to make any moves, they haven't been in tight spots yet (hey, we just finished the RVS), this is "easy". Which is wrong with this post and post 124.

The second thing that is very wrong with this post in particular is the emphasis on "openly". This is a given when you are town. The emphasis doesn't make half as much sense when you are town (you are open anyway), but makes more sense from a scum mindset "I can still be honest about my gameplay so far, there's nothing to find".

So the way I see it, Taly is a prime candidate for scum.

I think you got me backwards, I think the more people understand about what you're trying to achieve gives them more insight instead of just waiting for people to slip up, and then go on about votes with little reasoning behind it.

I'm honest about how things are going because I'm trying to get on page with others in terms of what people are thinking, and how something would affect the town. I can see where you're coming from, but I think the idea of 'I can still be honest so theres nothing to find' to be an instantly scum-motivated mindset just makes me think you're rendering the ability for people to freely communicate their analysis and opinion because you think their putting up a front, instead of actually trying to get something done.

Furthermore, I never said I was being honest because "there would be nothing to find," I'm being a upfront with people on this so they can see my thought process, and it would be easier to collaborate and get better and less contrived input.

I appreciate your explanation, but it seems to me this type of explanation seems threatening to you, do you think people who are trying to make a bold effort in finding people are the ones who are the most scummy in themselves? I think this can be seen as both scum and town depending on what you see, but I don't think that is a useful reason to pin at someone, when they've made it clear of what their intentions are.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 182, Elyse wrote:Taly, I explained why I'm voting eektor in post 168.

I like mykonian's point about "openly". I find saying the word "honestly" is very similar.

Oh, thank you for pointing that out. Now I see why eektor may still seem to be on the scum radar, and I kind of agree, his posts haven't been so helpful and vague so far.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Elyse »

Taly, when would you, as town, not be open and honest about your ideas and reasons?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 185, Elyse wrote:Taly, when would you, as town, not be open and honest about your ideas and reasons?

That's it, right there. I have and
am
being open and honest about my opinions and ideas. I just thought mykonian was a good candidate to push to see if he wasn't town because he hasn't given valid reasons for his read, and his wording when asked a question seemed avoidant and not really giving much insight. He now answered my question which I appreciate that, I'm just verifying to him, and you, that I'm not saying what I'm saying to hide myself, it is the opposite of that.

If I were hiding my ideas and reasons then I wouldn't have even brought this up.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by Elyse »

You lost me.

I'm not saying you haven't been open and honest. But is there ever a situation where you would not be open and honest as town?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 187, Elyse wrote:You lost me.

I'm not saying you haven't been open and honest. But is there ever a situation where you would not be open and honest as town?

No, and there shouldn't be. That deconstructs the towns main goal = identifying and eliminating scum. That's why I was unsure about mykonian because he didn't give much reasoning(at the time I made a point and pushed about it) about his reads, and his responses seemed iffy to me. Now that I know more, I don't see much of a reason to suspect scum unless he gives me reason otherwise.

UNVOTE: mykonian
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Taly just unvoted under pressure from Elise.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Elyse »

If there is no reason to not be honest and open, then why are you insisting you are? Do you see what mykonian is saying?

What knowledge led to your unvote?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Elyse »

Shhhhh :lol:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Damn, this game has some hella good D1 lynches.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:26 pm

I wouldn't even mind an Aquinas lynch right now, and there's still Taly and Oddmusic.

Metal's looking a lot townier right now though, so there's that.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 190, Elyse wrote:If there is no reason to not be honest and open, then why are you insisting you are? Do you see what mykonian is saying?

What knowledge led to your unvote?

>I voted for mykonian partially to get a reaction leading to him explaining his reads.
>I justified myself that I was being honest because that was in response to Mykonians analysis, I wanted to clear up positions with him.
>I now see what Mykonian was saying, so I unvoted.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 193, RadiantCowbells wrote:I wouldn't even mind an Aquinas lynch right now

I'm going to assume you're talking about me despite your mangling of my name - is this for any actual reason besides that I disagree with you?

Don't think I haven't noticed your Oddmusic vote was an OMGUS, either.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Because you're the kind of player who makes sure town loses, regardless of faction.

Consider it a policy lynch.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 196, RadiantCowbells wrote:Because you're the kind of player who makes sure town loses, regardless of faction.

Consider it a policy lynch.

I've never lost a town game on this site, and I've never been endgamed by scum here or elsewhere in around 8 games.

That being said, you're going to have to justify this statement. Now.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Every minute you don't have a reason, you become less believable, RadiantCowbells. The clock is ticking.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm not going to justify anything to you.

VOTE: Aquanim

This is probably the best D1 lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”