Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Drixx »

@snscompt1 - Why did you put Brantz right back at L-1 when I unvoted so we don't rush things? That looks super scummy man. We have enough time left that there's no need to rush.

You said you wanted to vote ForWhomTheJellyRolls ... but I see no reasons or case from you. Care to share?
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

It's not just letters' play, Brantz. A lot of the things you have been saying reads scummy to me as well. Who do you think we should be going after in the even that you are lynched? Obviously you think davesaz is scum, but who do you think his scum partner is?

An example of what I'm talking about it is 's you'll be sorry attitude. This reeks of scumminess to me. You're not helping the town by taunting us.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by BRantz »

Let me ask you Jelly, what does scum ever have to gain by antagonizing the town? What is scummy about me realizing that literally no matter what I do this town is going to lynch me, just like happened to ika? I put all the information I have to give out there.

I am not going to speculate on a scum partner combination without a scum flip. That is dumb. People who are individually scummy are you (though that is still mostly gut), Dave, and as I said before I would take a hard look at Diego if dave actually flips scum (though otherwise I would just leave him alone).

You cannot effectively scum hunt for pairs until you have a scum flip to look at. Trying to build a scum team before that is just bad and wrong.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by BRantz »

Sorry, not sorry if I hurt your feelings.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:18 pm

But you illistrate my point very well. What it towine about your most recent posts? There's nothing townie about antagonizing the town like that. It's this poor "oh woe is me attitude" that if it's not scum it's certainly anti-town. Instead of complaining about how the town is going to lynch you, you could try to actually do some scum hunting.

I should have phrased it better. I don't care about it relationship to davesaz, but if you actually feel like being helpful to the town you can still do some scum hunting for someone else who could be scum because there are two scum left. I didn't mean to ask you to build a scum team, I meant to ask to you actually look for scum. If you're set on davesaz being one, then look for the other. Give us insight, especially if you think you're only going to be around for so much longer. Unless you are scum, then keep doing what you're doing.

BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by BRantz »

I have literally laid out all of the cases I have in the last 5 or so pages. It isn't my fault you won't or haven't read them.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by snscompt1 »

In post 675, Drixx wrote:@snscompt1 - Why did you put Brantz right back at L-1 when I unvoted so we don't rush things? That looks super scummy man. We have enough time left that there's no need to rush.

You said you wanted to vote ForWhomTheJellyRolls ... but I see no reasons or case from you. Care to share?

Then why not have everyone unvote.

I have my vote where I see it best fit. I was going to hammer, so I couldn't place a vote. You unvoted, so I had room to place my vote. Having my vote nowhere is not how things get accomplished. You removed it after I gave intent to hammer, not before. If there is discussion to be had and someone declares intent to hammer, then I might remove my vote. But for now it's showing who I want to lynch.

You say not to rush. Tell me what rushing has been done? This game has been dead. The activity level is scarce with prods and replacements up the whazoo.
Now you want to not rush?
BRantz' slot was at L-1 Day 1, Day 2 I think, and again today. How Letters managed to deflect off of himself is beyond me.

As for Jelly, I can provide a case if you so wish, but that isn't a lynch I wish to pursue today.

Pedit. Stuff.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by BRantz »

Jelly's wanting to have me play the game for him is pinging my scumdar again though. So take a look at him and dave specifically tomorrow.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Drixx »

Fair enough snscompt1. I actually didn't have a very strong scum read on letters, which I'm sure you saw when you read the thread. BRantz actually is where my scum read came from on the slot.

@BRantz - I don't think you're gonna make it out of today. If you are really what you claim, now is a very good time to re-hash all your thoughts in one place, as simply as possible.

Intent to hammer
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by BRantz »

My dying thoughts are Dave, and Jelly are probable scum. Look at diego closely if Dave is scum. If dave isn't I would look at Seraphim.

I've known I won't make it out of today for a like 4 days. Glad we are all on the same page.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by snscompt1 »

In post 683, Drixx wrote:Fair enough snscompt1. I actually didn't have a very strong scum read on letters, which I'm sure you saw when you read the thread. BRantz actually is where my scum read came from on the slot.

@BRantz - I don't think you're gonna make it out of today. If you are really what you claim, now is a very good time to re-hash all your thoughts in one place, as simply as possible.

Intent to hammer

Before you hammer, what was your reason for Brantz scum? I got my scum vibe mostly from Letters.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by snscompt1 »

In post 684, BRantz wrote:My dying thoughts are Dave, and Jelly are probable scum. Look at diego closely if Dave is scum. If dave isn't I would look at Seraphim.

I've known I won't make it out of today for a like 4 days. Glad we are all on the same page.

Why Diego if Dave is scum? I have Diego pegged as a strong town read.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Drixx »

His first post in the game arguably has a taunting tell. He makes a thorough reads list and then proceeds to hedge throughout. Then he hops all over the place with votes. A large lack of consistency in apparent level of effort throughout his ISO.

There's a lot of things. Just read through the ISO and I think they're kind of obvious. Recent experience has taught me to be cautious of reading too much into what might be newbie slips, but his ISO makes a lot of sense if you assume he's scum, and very little if you assume he's town. BRantz comes across as intelligent and thoughtful, which makes me believe his play should be more intentional than not.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by BRantz »

@sns: His post followed by our exchage starting at is why I would give diego a close look if dave is scum.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by BRantz »

In post 687, Drixx wrote: BRantz comes across as intelligent and thoughtful, which makes me believe his play should be more intentional than not.

This may be the nicest compliment I have ever gotten from someone who is about to lynch me. lol
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 3.09

BRantz (4)- ForWhomTheJellyRolls, davesaz, Diego1487, snscompt1
[L-1]

davesaz (2)- Seraphim, BRantz
snscompt1 (1)- numberQ

Not voting: Drixx

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline

(expired on 2015-03-06 04:07:48).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm going to hold off on the hammer until afternoon tomorrow my time. If anyone has anything that needs saying today, be sure to say it.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:54 am

Post by numberQ »

Well I'm sick of waiting. Nothing's going to change in 16 hours. BRantz isn't my top choice for a lynch, but I'm not unhappy with it.

VOTE: BRantz

That's the hammer.
Hey!
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:17 am

Post by BRantz »

good luck. Have fun. You're welcome. Oh and I am still town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 3.10

BRantz (5)- ForWhomTheJellyRolls, davesaz, Diego1487, snscompt1, numberQ

davesaz (2)- Seraphim, BRantz

Not voting: Drixx

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

A lynch has been reached.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:24 am

Post by DeasVail »

BRantz,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 3. The deadline for night actions is in (expired on 2015-03-07 16:24:14).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

Diego1487,
Town Jailkeeper
, has been killed Night 3.

Day 4 begins! The deadline is 22nd March, 9am AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-03-21 18:00:00).

Players alive: snscompt1, ForWhomTheJellyRolls, numberQ, Drixx, Seraphim, davesaz

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:38 am

Post by snscompt1 »

With 6 alive, and still 2 scum, is this lylo or mylo? should we no lynch?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:52 am

Post by davesaz »

Hmm, have to think about that. With this flip i think i have a bead on scum but im phone posting and wont be at a browser for about 5-6 hours.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:15 am

I don't remember exactly which term is which but I do believe we have to hit scum in our lynch to survive. If we lynch a townie, then the scum get a night kill and it's 2 vs. 2 on day 5. The scum can just prevent the 3 person majority needed to lynch, bringing it to night, and they win. I'm a bit fuzzy on how it all works but as far as I can tell this is what's up.

If we no lynch, one townie potentially dies (unless we've got a one shot bulletproof in the town and that person hasn't been hit yet.) and it's 3 townies to two mafia. The town will be in the same situation but it kind of improves our odds in that the town will have one less townie to potentially mislynch. Then if they hit scum, the scum get another kill and it's 2 to 1. No matter what happens we have to hit scum. It might make the odds a little bit more in our favor if we don't lynch.

I've never gotten this far in a game so this is pretty new to me. I think a no lynch might not be a bad idea, but I'm open to what people have to say about that.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”