Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Guardian »

o.O!? He knows exactly who hacked his computer? Maybe I
do
[i/]
need to do the re-read I promised. No skating by for me :(.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:I want Yos's complete explanation. Who is the "they" who hacked your computer. Now.
I told you everything I knew when I reported on the hacking before, Guardian. All I know is that it must have been someone here at CTU who did the hacking.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:o.O!? He knows exactly who hacked his computer? Maybe I
do
[i/]
need to do the re-read I promised. No skating by for me :(.
...um...what?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Yeah - was that a confession? Whatever it was, it was a bizarre post.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

On another note, I was thinking about this at work today, and we really don't want to miss or delay any lynches.

Right now, we have at most 7 lynches left.

Hour 6
Hour 9
Hour 12
Hour 15
Hour 18
Hour 21
Hour 24

So, we have at most 7 lynch chances to catch 3 scum. That's not bad odds. However, if we lose even 1 hour anywhere along the way, (say, by waiting until hour 7 to lynch) then we're doing to 6 chances to lynch 3 scum, and the more we delay the worse our odds get.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Guardian »

I need to post less and think more. That's about all I can say for right now. I misread OTM's post, and jumped to conclusions. :P.
unvote

This is my last post before I get around to doing the re-read. For some reason, I am just not looking forward to doing it.

Apologies. If you all feel I would better be replaced (and it is not a burden on the mod) this is acceptable; this objectively seems like it should be such an awesome game but I am not having fun in it, as I am in my other games.

Again, barring you agreeing I should be replaced, this is the last you will hear from me until I re-read. Hopefully when I get some sense of what is going on I will enjoy it more ;).
Do not lynch me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Is there a way we can find out more about Jack's false orders? Who did they supposedly come from? Can Jack tell us that?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, I think the only way Jack has of contacting us, Off The Mark, is by sending coded messages to the cryptos. I can tell you that the order would have come from my own e-mail account, though, as I was told that the my computer was hacked and 3 orders were sent from my e-mail account in my name. If Jack manages to somehow figure out any more then that, perhaps he'll contact us. I donno.

Anyway, there are several unrelated issues I want to persue here, so I'm goign to seperate them with lines rather then make like a quadriple post here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, Guardian, when you do your re-read, one thing I would specifically like you to adress is the case I laid out against you in post 555, back on page 23. The only response you ever made to the case I laid out against you and the vote I made for you was that my argument was "not obveously flawed". I realize you were on vacation and perhaps have time to respond fully, but if you could respond now I'd appriciate it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second of all, at the moment, I'm thinking of sending the following orders in to put the positions back. Only change is that I'm going to make another field agent, and take away the white house position.

So, what I'm thinking of is:
Xdaamo back to FBI liason
CTD back to counter-intel
And out of Guardian and Eyeking, I'm going to make one deputy director and the other one a field agent. I'm leaning towards eyeking as deputy director and guardian as field agent, but have not made up my mind yet. Anyone has any other suggestions, I'd like to hear them, but soon; have to make sure I get the new orders in before the end of hour 5.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on an unrelated note
off the mark, can I see you in my office, please?

In reference to what we were discussing the other day.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Hey, I talked to Pooky about field agent abilities and it could be a very bad role for scum to be in. (seems like they all can)

Pooky said I have the ability to attempt to assassinate Jack Bauer. (or at least attempt, if I know his location) I can also do things like put a bomb in his car, kidnap his daughter, etc.

Seems the only pro-town abilities I have are investigating sites and bodyguarding.

Just an FYI.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmm. Good to know.

Now that we know that, I think I'm definatly not making Guardian a field agent.

So I'm thinking
Xdaamo as FBI
CTD as counter-intel
Guardian as deputy director
and Eyeking as the 3rd field agent

Any other thoughts before I send this in?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yes but give me a bodyguard.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Guardian »

I think you're scum. But that is not based off a re-read. :P. Go ahead, if you must send it in now :P. I am town. Having me in a useless role is a bad idea. I'd rather stay at CIA :P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Guardian »

Ok. Re-read.

Yos, you really want me to address that? *grumble grumble* I will do so if you affirm that it is so desired. I now understand what is going on in the game better than I did. I have had a familiar feeling -- re-reading the game
I have been quite perceptive and yet an idiot
at the same time. This post may be inconsistent with previos positions I held, because I was wrong.

I am not interested in seeing any of the latecomers lynched. I doubt they are all scum, and even doubt that any are scum. This is crappy for the scum if I am right, but I trust people to come when they get a PM a lot more than I trust my reads.

I stand by my early defense of YB
. I see why he was lynched, but in my eyes he was obviously not scum in this game. Oh well.

FOS: Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic is highly suspect
. Notice the -1 vote on YB. Notice the OMGUS on Xdaamno. Notice how easy it is to hide behind all the roleplaying. Also, what contributions has FA made? Predecessor was a lurker, and now we get this.

Yos2 is highly suspect as well. I don't buy the explanation
. I think he was being investigated, I think he knew he would turn up scum, and I think he pulled this as a last ditch effort to survive.

Also, some subtle pro-scum game theory:
-We don't want to "make use of all our lynches" if we aren't feeling good about anyone as scum. If we have only 6 people left at hour 21, with 2 (arbitrary number) of them scum, how in hell are we going to keep Jack alive?
-The White house was OBV OBV speed up the FBI -- and you almost didn't want us to do it. Wtf? With a sped up FBI, we will profit much more now.
-Also, assuming which terrost groups did it is highly suspect. UA pointed this out right quick, and kudos for that -- Yos could have been misleading us here. Ultimately, I think CTD is more pro-town than yos, and would be happy with Yos getting the axe. Assign me to whatever role, just not to a useless one.

Also, I cannot believe no-one brought this up in my absence -- SIA's SHOULD target the deputy. Deputy = potentially scummy player. I have had NO PM communication with the mod or anyone else all game. If someone had been monitoring that, I would be cleared by now, :P.

OTM, I don't like, pushed innocence too much for my tastes, used the director chat role too much, but I am not interested in seeing his lynch before Yos or FA.

UA should be in an investigative role -- CIA or FBI. The man is town. Korran should be crypto -- also town.

Oh, yeah:

Vote: Yos2
again.

I know I have probably destroyed my credibility from not re-reading and jumping around like a fish the past few pages, but meh, I can't do anything about that now.

FA & Yos
are my two top picks at the moment.
I'd like to hear their thoughts about each other
. Yos, if you still want me to address your post, I will do so.

Crash Text Dummie
-- what do you think of my case on Yos? And the case on Yos in general? You are generally pro-town and I think people may listen to you more than me at this point...

Also interested in OTMs thoughts, specifically. Anyone's thoughts really.

I realized why I wasn't having fun -- I am the only player in a vanilla role, when I am obv town :P, I have good ideas about who the scum are, but I vacation lurked and played horribly, and YB got lynched when I have some great town tells on him (not revealing them ^_^). Also, Korran, UA & YB were placed in suboptimal positions.

I am still slightly suspicious of Xdam, but not as much as FA and Yos right now.

There ya go.

I am fine being deputy, or fine with CTD there. I think Yos is lying, most likely. I like OTM as field agent, and Eyceking as some non crypto non investigative role.
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:Yos, you really want me to address that? *grumble grumble*
Yes, as I expained in that post several reasons I suspect you, and you never responded to it other then to kind of agree with it in a wierd way, I certanly would like you to adress that.
Yos2 is highly suspect as well. I don't buy the explanation. I think he was being investigated, I think he knew he would turn up scum, and I think he pulled this as a last ditch effort to survive.
(shrug) You can think whatever you want. I've told you what I know

I will say one thing; your theory that I faked the whole thing just to stop Xdaamo's investigation of me has one very large hole in it.

During hour 4, Off The Mark had told me he was protecting CTD, not Xdaamo. There was no one protecting Xdaamo during that time. If was a scum who had wanted to stop Xdaamo's investigation of me, I could have just killed him.
Also, some subtle pro-scum game theory:
-We don't want to "make use of all our lynches" if we aren't feeling good about anyone as scum. If we have only 6 people left at hour 21, with 2 (arbitrary number) of them scum, how in hell are we going to keep Jack alive?
Look, I still think our best chance of winning this is to lynch all of the scum before we run out of time. If it gets to hour 24, and we haven't lynched all the scum, and we haven't somehow gotten Jack to disarm the bomb, we lose. And frankly, as of yet, we've gotten absolutly no actionable intellegence to help Jack out, and Jack's already been hurt. If anyone's got any ideas of what we can do to help us reach the "disarm the bomb" win condition, speak up, but I'm not going to count on it at the moment.

Meanwhile, all the scum have to do in order to win is to keep one of them alive long enough to run out the clock, and then they win. I think that's probably what they're trying to do, in fact; that would explain why they're hacking and disrupting us instead of killing us.

If we fail to make use of all our lynching chances, if we only get 5, or 4, or whatever lynches off before hour 24, what do you think the odds are of us catching all the scum on time? If we play it your way, if we take it safe and easy and only lynch when we're sure, sure, there might still be 7 or 8 people left late in the game, but if 1 of them is scum, and we don't find him in time, we lose.
-The White house was OBV OBV speed up the FBI -- and you almost didn't want us to do it. Wtf? With a sped up FBI, we will profit much more now.
Ok, I already responded to this in the post I asked you to respond to earlier, and you've still ignored. And your case here is even weaker now, as the scum apparently have the ability to disrput long-term actions like the white house thing (like they just did).
-Also, assuming which terrost groups did it is highly suspect. UA pointed this out right quick, and kudos for that -- Yos could have been misleading us here.
I'm not assuming anything. I'm trying to speculate and figure stuff out based on the hints the mod has been giving us in the thread. If we want to help Jack, it's pretty obveous from the mod's posts that at some point we're going to want to figure out which group is behind the planning, and I can only think that the two mod reports of other terrorist activity (the oil tanker thing, and the spy satalite thing) are supposed to be some kind of hint to help us figure out stuff.

Again, you're big on critisizing, but I'm just trying to figure out stuff here. Do you have any better ideas on what's going on here?
Also, I cannot believe no-one brought this up in my absence -- SIA's SHOULD target the deputy. Deputy = potentially scummy player. I have had NO PM communication with the mod or anyone else all game. If someone had been monitoring that, I would be cleared by now, :P.
That's really, really dumb, Guardian.

The only thing the SIA's detect are communicatiosn sent from a player to a mod. And I'm sure that any reasonably intellegent scum group that you were a part of would have had someone lower key send in any scum actions, not someone that everyone is as suspicious of as you.

Besides, just earlier in this post, you were trying to claim that I made up the whole "hacking" thing. If that were true, then it would appear that the scum haven't done ANYTHING yet this game, so how would that "clear" you anyway? In fact, I think this "Oh, if a SIA's been watching me that would clear me!" line was a slip; it sounds like you know that the hacking thing DID happen, and you also know it was one of your scum-buddies and not you who did it.

I also think that you're trying to get the SIA's to say who they are targeting, so you and your scum buddies know which one of you should send in orders in the future.
fos:Guardian

UA should be in an investigative role -- CIA or FBI. The man is town. Korran should be crypto -- also town.
Um...Korran has been lurking for most of the game. I'm not sure how you can claim to have a read on him, and I'm also not sure how you think it's a good idea to have a crypto who's apparenlty completly vanished, and thus is unlikely to either decode anything or share any results with us if he did.

And you were accusing me of suggesting anti-town stratagy. Hah. Basically every piece of stratagy advice you just gave, from "let's make the lurker a crypto" to "let's not use all of our lynches!" seemes designed to help the town lose.

vote:Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Guardian »

No. I'm town.

I might respond in detail later, I might now, but right now it is too depressing.
Do not lynch me.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Modnote

Korran has been prodded and has 24 realtime hours to respond, I am currently looking for a potential replacement.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

unvote: Guardian

Has anyone seen scum pull this sad sack ("I'm not having fun", "this is too depressing") act before? I'm actually getting town vibes from Guardian at this point, but I guess it could be an act. Unvoting while I think about it some more.

I am just about certain Yos is town.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:53 am

Off the Mark wrote:I am just about certain Yos is town.
wtf ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Off the Mark »

His point about Xdaamno being unprotected in hour 4 was absolutely true.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:05 am

Lmao you fell for that ?

Both CTD and Xdaamo were investigating Yos, killing Xdaamo wouldn't do shit.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Xdaamno »

... Unless CTD is scum?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lmao you fell for that ?

Both CTD and Xdaamo were investigating Yos, killing Xdaamo wouldn't do shit.
...why would CTD be investigating me? Xdaamo said in thread during hour 1 that he was investigating me, I'd hope they wouldn't both be investigating the same person, that would be a waste.

And what makes you think he was investigating me, anyway? He never said anything like that in thread.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:23 am

Don't fish for info.

Vote: Yosarian2

I think this was all staged.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Um, dude, you're not making any sense.

"Don't fish for info"? You just blatently stated that CTD was investigating me; and not only that, you stated it as if it was a completly obveous fact, which it clearly is not. I was assuming you'd just misread the thread somehow, although if you're now trying to say you had info to say otherwise because you're a crypto, fine.

As far as I know, the only person investigating me was Xdaamo; and I can't imagine why CTD would be investgating me, as Xdaamo annoucned in thread he was doing so and as CTD never expressed any suspicious of me. If he was, I'd like to hear the reasoning from him behind that move.

Besides, even if you did know who CTD was investigating, what the hell would I have to gain by "fishing" for that now?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert you need to explain where you are getting the info about CTD's target.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”