Mini 1649: Jabberwocky Mafia (Game Over)

Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:20 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 494, Elbirn wrote:Hey since you're here, can you tell me your reasons for voting Seraphim?

I did:

In post 392, Belisarius wrote:I'd still prefer an aeroslot lynch based on DDD's play but I'll settle for Sera out of utter disgust with the current leading wagons.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:40 am

Post by goodmorning »

"That's enough to begin with", Humpty Dumpty interrupted: "there are plenty of hard words there."

Votecount 1.19
FA_Q2 [L-1] - Witness Protection, Elbirn, BRantz, farside22, Belisarius, Valkyrie Mollie
BRantz [L-1] - hi im Yakko, T S O, Flubbernugget, Titus, TierShift, FA_Q2

Not Voting [1] - AxleGreaser

With 13 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-03-13 22:00:00).
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:04 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 525, Belisarius wrote:
In post 494, Elbirn wrote:Hey since you're here, can you tell me your reasons for voting Seraphim?

I did:

In post 392, Belisarius wrote:I'd still prefer an aeroslot lynch based on DDD's play but I'll settle for Sera out of utter disgust with the current leading wagons.

So how do you reconcile that with your and , where you avoid a Brantz wagon for being "too easy", but now you're all aboard the Seraph train to policy-lynch town?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:08 am

Post by Belisarius »

Seraph's not too easy, the slot has been successfully flying under the radar all game.

I'm still pretty uneasy about the idea of a Brantz lynch.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Belisarius »

Actually, I can't place my finger on why, but the wagon on Seraph feels sorta like the flashwagon on me in Open 480
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:19 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 528, Belisarius wrote:Seraph's not too easy, the slot has been successfully flying under the radar all game.

I'm still pretty uneasy about the idea of a Brantz lynch.

How does being under the radar make the lynch not-easy?

In post 155, Belisarius wrote:
In post 154, Elbirn wrote:What qualifies as an "easy" wagon, and what makes it a wrong choice?

A large amount of votes on one player without commensurate justification, and what makes it wrong is the lack of commensurate justification.

^ You said that an easy wagon is one without justification. What is the justification for this wagon?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:20 am

Post by Elbirn »

And what don't you like about the BRantz wagon?
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:40 am

Post by BRantz »

I am just a vt. Do what you gotta do axle.

@FA: why would I change something that works for me just because people have a hard time reading it correctly?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:42 am

Post by Titus »

Tier and Beli need serious looking into tomorrow.

Ready for hammer.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Elbirn »

Agreed. Willing to hammer BRantz, someone wanted us to wait I believe?

UNVOTE:
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 533, Titus wrote:Ready for hammer.

except for this
In post 524, FA_Q2 wrote:Just checking in before the day ends - will not be back on until 1800 pacific time. Please do not hammer before that time.

he may have just meant don't derp hammer him, or he may want to be sure he can post, last reads in twilight. (as i did here) 102
Its only time, so I will wait.
Its currently 7:59 PDT. we have 35 hrs.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Titus »

Ok. If FAQ misses that, use your judgment.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:11 am

Post by TierShift »

UNVOTE:
Pretty damn sure brantz is town due to latedt reactions to getting hammered.

VOTE: faq
I don't like their latest post wrt farside. Am somewhat okay with this lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:11 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 533, Titus wrote:Tier and Beli need serious looking into tomorrow.

Ready for hammer.

I agree with you about beli
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:12 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 537, TierShift wrote:UNVOTE:
Pretty damn sure brantz is town due to latedt reactions to getting hammered.

VOTE: faq
I don't like their latest post wrt farside. Am somewhat okay with this lynch.

You know vague doesn't work Hun.
But whatever floats your boat.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:19 am

Post by TierShift »

Farside, brantz doesn't just give up as scum. I have proof of that. As town he does what he thinks is best for the town.

This is obviously the latter situation; he's accepting his lynch, not claiming something extravagant in the hopes of making the night. Even in his claiming post, he admits defeat. It's not 'now that this is out of the way, can we please lynch faq?'. Instead, he just takes the bullet.

Faq has a pretty decent chance of flipping scum imo with his latest post, muuuuuch much more likely than brantz flipping scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 540, TierShift wrote:Farside, brantz doesn't just give up as scum. I have proof of that. As town he does what he thinks is best for the town.

This is obviously the latter situation; he's accepting his lynch, not claiming something extravagant in the hopes of making the night. Even in his claiming post, he admits defeat. It's not 'now that this is out of the way, can we please lynch faq?'. Instead, he just takes the bullet.

Faq has a pretty decent chance of flipping scum imo with his latest post, muuuuuch much more likely than brantz flipping scum.

If I told you I miss read your post, would you understand why?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 am

Post by T S O »

I'm here. Nothing to say.

It's a curious situation; I don't know how to analyse it. The resistance on both wagons seems equal.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:03 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 541, farside22 wrote:
In post 540, TierShift wrote:Farside, brantz doesn't just give up as scum. I have proof of that. As town he does what he thinks is best for the town.

If I told you I miss read your post, would you understand why?

no. can you please vote faq tho?
In post 542, T S O wrote:I'm here. Nothing to say.

It's a curious situation; I don't know how to analyse it. The resistance on both wagons seems equal.

Great, what do you think of brantz's latest posts?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: BRantz
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Titus »

Disagree with this wholeheartedly.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:18 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 361, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 360, hi im Yakko wrote:catching up, ask me things. got some time.

I dont.

You are voting Brantz and were even before Tiers catchup.
Whats is your view of Tiers catchup posts?

They are fine. It's a catch up post. Not sure what you're measuring it against but what they give you is what you get be grateful.

In post 362, Valkyrie Mollie wrote:
In post 361, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 360, hi im Yakko wrote:catching up, ask me things. got some time.

I dont.

You are voting Brantz and were even before Tiers catchup.
Whats is your view of Tiers catchup posts?

we think tier is town. not that you were asking us or anything.

seraph if you do not do something amazing soon we are lynching you. unless I get pple to see the light wrt to far. like I just kinda wanna scream "go to the light my children! just go!" at this point.

this is policy. Your next sentence tho what does it meant? No clue what you're saying.

In post 364, T S O wrote:In the first three pages I expected there to be something of value but there is quite literally nothing.

thanks for the criticism. I suppose this is where I add a kettle being black comment?

In post 372, Elbirn wrote:Vla Posting wheee

To TSO. you said nothing but good things about me, then threw it out the windown with "elbirn trys Too hard to be town"? Literally what? If you read any of my games you'd see I play this way every game. It's a side effect of me having an Internet addiction and too much free time. but you don't say it based on my own playstyle, you compare it to yourself, which is just invalid and hokey.

To witness, why do you say nothing but bad things about tso and then end with "you're not a townread but there's common ground"? Your thought process is nonsense.

I have not seen this in awhile demanding someone town read you? That's how it read to me, lol.

And as far as the wp thing I'd say he might be seeing his biases or something? Just a thought.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:33 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 377, Belisarius wrote:
In post 374, T S O wrote:Your point about our reads usually being different doesn't do it for me. After a day or so? Perhaps. After 5 pages, most of them garbage? No.

So you're saying that in a high noise, low signal environment, our reads should somehow match, but they'd be different given more information, assuming we're both town. Stipulation rejected. We form reads differently, you and I, and using a disparity between our reads as the basis of a scumread makes about as much sense as using the average level of precipitation in Bishkek over the last 7 days to determine a player's alignment.

What is the noise and what is the signal? Would like to know what you actually meant instead of what I think you actually meant.

In post 379, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 366, T S O wrote:This makes me feel mildly uneasy, but I'm not really sure why.

Your posts are full of this kind of thing and you tell me I'm shit posting?

Let's just say, even if you're Town, I doubt we'll be agreeing on much. :igmeou:

I don't think that is a bad thing tho. TSOs post like that make me think him town. Certainly not good but shitposting? I wouldn't call it that. He is saying what makes him uncomfortable.

In post 380, T S O wrote:
In post 377, Belisarius wrote:
In post 374, T S O wrote:Your point about our reads usually being different doesn't do it for me. After a day or so? Perhaps. After 5 pages, most of them garbage? No.

So you're saying that in a high noise, low signal environment, our reads should somehow match, but they'd be different given more information, assuming we're both town. Stipulation rejected. We form reads differently, you and I, and using a disparity between our reads as the basis of a scumread makes about as much sense as using the average level of precipitation in Bishkek over the last 7 days to determine a player's alignment.

In a high noise, low signal environment, the lack of signal should mean our reads converge more closely. I am using signal as the basis for my reads - so the only way that our reads can differ is if you are using noise as the basis for yours, which is terrible play, or if you are interpreting the signal differently to me - which I find hard to understand, given how limited it is.

What is the analogy even referring to? What is the noise and what is the signal?

In post 389, Belisarius wrote:Also, why is it significant that my reads differ from yours, but the same difference in every other player is irrelevant?

I see no scum motivation in that, but I'm curious as hell.

I second this question. iirc I didn't see it answered.

In post 390, BRantz wrote:So TSO your entire case for why I am scum is that I made a joke, and that you didn't like one of my votes? (which you then ignored the entire conversation between farside and I about the situation afterward). Color me unimpressed by your analysis.

Don't have time now, but will talk about all of my reads after I get out of class tomorrow.

Yeah bashing someone for their read usually just reinforces it. Point and case. I don't like this post. Color me unimpressed as well.

In post 395, T S O wrote:
In post 378, Titus wrote:@TSO, I see what Brantz is posting as pretty town..

Then we need to discuss this, because I certainly don't.

Seconded.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 410, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: Brantz
wagon.

anything important I should know?

What did you mean by wagon? As in you're wagon ing or there is a wagon on him?

because I don't see an explanation.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 451, TierShift wrote:
In post 429, Titus wrote:VOTE: Brantz

Why are you giving me towncred for the Tier wagon before he flipped?

Why are you voting brantz?

I'm not super happy about either wagon, really. As in people that are on it. I do have a preference, though.

Sera wagon forms too fast to be scum
Brantz's latest reads are super opportunistic with his flip on me and the vote change due to readslist feels a bit forced (as in 'I don't have a good reason to change votes, but here have a readslist')

In post 452, TierShift wrote:VOTE: brantz
This the wagon yo

In post 458, TierShift wrote:I don't like how there is the 'maybe we'll vote sera' sentiment but no one actually does it while there's a bigger wagon. The wagon that forms now is huge and rapid and has a few players on it that look like they are reeeaaaallly happy to let go off the leading wagon (brantz), especially brantz himself looks very opportunistic in that regard.

I base my vote solely off his latest readslist, axle. Go reread his stances before the wagons changed and after they changed. They are extremely self-preserving.

hmmmm yo this first two posts are like a minute apart. And then it takes like 3 hours to make the above post (or is it the least above?) whatever I don't like this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”