Mini 1650: Greatest Idea Mafia (Game Over)

Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Soren »

In post 513, Dechs Kaison wrote:
In post 510, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:To me it sounds like a doubtful Soren is trying to figure you out, and you pop up to attempt to sway her into a favorable direction.

How is telling Soren I could still be scum attempting to sway to a favorable direction?

Soren asked about my meta and it's mostly off site. I provided it and told Soren that I've pulled exactly the same stun that Soren's worried about.
I'm telling you guys to be cautious about me.

Why would we need to be cautious of you if you are town?
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Soren »

In post 514, Dechs Kaison wrote:
In post 512, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:
In post 486, Dechs Kaison wrote:Not everyone has a power role.

What makes you believe this?

Are you really that dense?

In post 300, Dechs Kaison wrote:Now that's a case I can get behind.

They pretty much made the same arguments, with better points might I add, before their #298. What made their 298 so special that you went from "Let's lynch WW isntead" to "SC is Scum for sure"?

Already explained this when I mistakenly thought Kiwi was having the same thoughts as me. I'm still pretty sure WW is scum and I'm pretty sure you're scum. The case looked better laid out that time and it looked like the WW lynch wasn't going to happen without some more interaction with him and some damning evidence. No one's helping me pressure WW, so it's time to go after my second biggest scum read.

"Are you really that dense?"

Nah, you responded with an ad hominen rather than answering the question. I want you to answer his question. Because if every is dealt three cards, why would someone pick one that is vanilla and not one with a power role? But maybe you've already answered this, I'm still catching up.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Soren »

"Because if
everyone
is dealt three cards"

Typo again. I have a bad habit.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Soren »

In post 518, Dechs Kaison wrote:
In post 515, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:

I'm assuming you're going by probability here.
You sounded so sure with that statement I was wondering how you know for sure.

I am 100% positive that not everyone has a power role. It has nothing to do with probability. I know that at least one player in this game does not have a power role.

You have 100% certainty? Can you explain yourself please?
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Soren »

In post 519, Dechs Kaison wrote:
In post 516, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:
In post 514, Dechs Kaison wrote:Already explained this when I mistakenly thought Kiwi was having the same thoughts as me. I'm still pretty sure WW is scum and I'm pretty sure you're scum. The case looked better laid out that time and it looked like the WW lynch wasn't going to happen without some more interaction with him and some damning evidence. No one's helping me pressure WW, so it's time to go after my second biggest scum read.

Case on ww?

He started the push for the card claims. As soon as I put pressure back on that idea he clammed up. He hasn't even attempted to discuss the points I've brought up and gave nothing but one word replies and naked votes for a while. He was even at L-2 before he started speaking sentences. Getting him to cooperate is like pulling teeth.

Ah, so this is why people found WW suspicious. I probably skimmed past that bit. But yes, this is very weird of WW.

In post 520, Whomping Willow wrote:Trees don't have teeth

Has this guy given up? Stop these tree comments please and actually contribute to the game.

Either you're a bad scum or a jester.

But this merits a votes if you're not going to defend yourself and keep posting filler.

VOTE: Whomping Willow
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Soren »

In post 535, Dechs Kaison wrote:You've created a situation where I can put WW at L-2, which is where I would like him to be to get more out of him.

But you're also one of my scum suspects. So you're either doing this to bus your buddy or you know he's not on your team.

Or you're gambling that the lynch won't go through at all.

I probably don't have the right to ask since I wasn't interested in the game before and just skim read everything, but what happened that made Soviet and WW seem like scum buddies?
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:57 am

Post by Soren »

In post 538, Pirate Ika wrote:
In post 524, copper223 wrote:
In post 496, copper223 wrote:@Pirate Ika
Mollie or Ika I really don't care, I want to see what you have to say about this game and more importantly I want to see a vote on who you believe is scum.

VOTE: copper

there i put a vote down

I don't like this one single bit. You came only to place a single vote just to satisfy copper. But in fact, it doesn't because it provides no substance. Nah, you don't even have your head in the game. Well, I guess I shouldn't be accusing people of this since I was also guilty of this act.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Soren »

I'm still catching up right now but I've formed some opinions on Dechs Kaison that I would like to share.

On one hand I like him. Why? Because he's constantly telling us to doubt him, rather than screaming "I am townie, I am townie, believe me" and not providing evidence to back that up. Rather, he's telling us to assess him and judge whether or not he is townie by ourselves.

On the other hand, I don't like this because it just feels iffy. Dechs Kaison thinks that I assume that he is town, and if he is indeed town, why would he keep on telling me to doubt him? If I am townie, and someone assumes that I am townie I would be thrilled and happy and, obviously, I would want him to keep thinking that way. Yet Dechs Kaison urges us to keep doubting him? Why? For what purpose? Why would a townie want someone to doubt their
own
townieness? It doesn't seem to add up. On top of this, Dechs Kaison employs WIFOM to confuse us and making us further doubt him.

Having said this, I think the case on Dechs Kaison treads on murky water. Despite exhibiting weird and borderline scummy behavior, his play is not so clear right now, and quite frankly we have a bigger fish to fry right now. That being Whomping Willow.

I am unclear with the case against Whomping Willow but Dechs Kaison summed it up pretty nicely a page or 2 back and I'll have to take his word on it since I mostly likely skim read it when that occured. But it is apparent that WW was pushing for everyone to claim, but failed and clammed up when Dechs Kaison suggested that we shouldn't do so because it benefits scum more than town, which caused WW to clam up and has now resorted to useless tree comments. I can only see WW as either a bad town, bad scum, or a jester. A town would at least try to defend himself in my opinion, and if he is indeed town, he wouldn't want us to mislynch him and therefore should be defending himself more, or at the very least, start contributing to the game. He could be a jester who did something controversial at the start and resorted to one liners now to appear even more scummy to get himself lynched. Or he is just a bad scum who got all clammed up once he proposal was rebutted and has since given up. And quite frankly, I see WW more as a bad scum rather than a jester or bad townie right now.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Soren »

I'm like a self talking machine.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Diego1487 »

Ok, just looked at the 137 cards available, and unless I missed it, jester isn't a choice. So, the only logical play I can see of WW is trying to receive the target of night actions. If he's targeted at night, the only roles I could see doing it would be town-investigative roles. I think scum would love to leave him in the game, therefore not targeting him and leave him to continue wasting the town's time.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Soren »

In post 539, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:
In post 536, Dechs Kaison wrote:You know what? No.

That vote of yours was just too damn manipulative. That's the wrong kind of mindset to be making a vote from. You're not town. No way.

Vote stays.

WW looks a little more town in light of how you're treating him here. He's not on your team. You're willing to pull a vote from me to him in an attempt to manipulate my vote to him as well.

LOL that is an extremely shortsighted reason for inhibiting yourself from discussion. Are you expecting that ww will magically get lynched if you put him into L2?

Also I'm aware it seems like I'm blatantly trying to get you to unvote me. What will I gain for that? "Yay one person is off me for a short amount of time! I win!". No. I haven't done anything to convince you that I am town, and it's still possible that even if you switched votes that you can still switch back.

Also what's with your waiting game? Do you think the afks will make some sort of phenominal opinion that will change the whole game? Do you expect that if you wait long enough that scum will eventually make a big slip?

I also notice that ever since you switched your vote to the SC wagon, you have done nothing to interact with me. You plopped your vote on me and then promptly forgot all about me. Almost as if you don't care about who you ate lynching.

Ever since the SC jump, the only thing you had to offer was a few narrations from a distance and a few WIFOMs. Your fall out from your early game is a bit concerning.

All this talk of discussion and you haven't actively done much to encourage it.

What I think is that you're just sheeping the nicest looking bandwagon right now. You're afraid of switching votes because youre afraid of making a mistake or bringing too much attention to yourself. Much of your posts lately have had so little commitment I have been wondering if you are really scum hunting.

VOTE: Dechs

Ehhhh got pretty defensive there with a long post defending yourself.

However, rather than looking at the quantity but the quality of your post. Your points about Dechs Kaison makes sense. He hasn't done much lately which I did notice as well.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Soren »

In post 559, Diego1487 wrote:Ok, just looked at the 137 cards available, and unless I missed it, jester isn't a choice. So, the only logical play I can see of WW is trying to receive the target of night actions. If he's targeted at night, the only roles I could see doing it would be town-investigative roles. I think scum would love to leave him in the game, therefore not targeting him and leave him to continue wasting the town's time.

Ah so no jester? Awesome.

Willow is acting too scummy right now to not vote for him.

I also see that you are down with lynching lurkers. Maybe you should lynch yourself too huehuehue. Lol joke. xD
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

WW is at L-1 if I count right. Intent to hammer.

Post more now, WW.

Town/Scum list minimum, with reasons for each.
do noT attempt to read tHis mEssaGe, And believe Me, it is not a codE.

VictorDeAngelo: "Frankly Dechs I'm not listening to any of your reads. And if you flip town I'm simply going to blacklist you in the future."
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

Playing catch up now, I'll post a couple times in the next hour, then I'm going to bed.

VictorDeAngelo: "Frankly Dechs I'm not listening to any of your reads. And if you flip town I'm simply going to blacklist you in the future."
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Soren »

In post 539, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:
In post 536, Dechs Kaison wrote:You know what? No.

That vote of yours was just too damn manipulative. That's the wrong kind of mindset to be making a vote from. You're not town. No way.

Vote stays.

WW looks a little more town in light of how you're treating him here. He's not on your team. You're willing to pull a vote from me to him in an attempt to manipulate my vote to him as well.

LOL that is an extremely shortsighted reason for inhibiting yourself from discussion. Are you expecting that ww will magically get lynched if you put him into L2?

Also I'm aware it seems like I'm blatantly trying to get you to unvote me. What will I gain for that? "Yay one person is off me for a short amount of time! I win!". No. I haven't done anything to convince you that I am town, and it's still possible that even if you switched votes that you can still switch back.

Also what's with your waiting game? Do you think the afks will make some sort of phenominal opinion that will change the whole game? Do you expect that if you wait long enough that scum will eventually make a big slip?

I also notice that ever since you switched your vote to the SC wagon, you have done nothing to interact with me. You plopped your vote on me and then promptly forgot all about me. Almost as if you don't care about who you ate lynching.

Ever since the SC jump, the only thing you had to offer was a few narrations from a distance and a few WIFOMs. Your fall out from your early game is a bit concerning.

All this talk of discussion and you haven't actively done much to encourage it.

What I think is that you're just sheeping the nicest looking bandwagon right now. You're afraid of switching votes because youre afraid of making a mistake or bringing too much attention to yourself. Much of your posts lately have had so little commitment I have been wondering if you are really scum hunting.

VOTE: Dechs

Dechs Kaison even uses WIFOM in his signature lmao.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Soren »

Dammit, why are previously quoted quotes attached to quick replies...

Ignore that quote please.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Soren »

Copper and Needful, I would like to hear your opinions on Dechs Kaison please.
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

In post 553, Soren wrote:
In post 518, Dechs Kaison wrote:
In post 515, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:

I'm assuming you're going by probability here.
You sounded so sure with that statement I was wondering how you know for sure.

I am 100% positive that not everyone has a power role. It has nothing to do with probability. I know that at least one player in this game does not have a power role.

You have 100% certainty? Can you explain yourself please?

OK, this is really frustrating here. I'm purposefully trying to give you guys information without outright claiming. It's called breadcrumbing, but every time I do it, one or two people get really hung up on my wording and won't leave it alone, so I might as well spell it out.

I don't have a power role. Duh.

How else could I be 100% certain that not everyone has a power role?

I got dealt three vanilla cards. I had no power role to choose.

Side note: It is also quite possible that someone was dealt only one power role, but it happened to be on the alignment card that player wanted to be. You can't have both parts of a card.

Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Soren »

Maybe I should unvote WW to see if he'll actually say something with substance now that he's about to get lynched, otherwise he may get hammered before having the chance to speak. Hah, who am I kidding, he already had plenty of time to speak up but decided to post useless tree comments instead.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 561, Soren wrote:I also see that you are down with lynching lurkers. Maybe you should lynch yourself too huehuehue. Lol joke. xD

Joke aside, I'm down for lynching active lurkers. Pointless posts are anti-town. Again, they lead investigative roles to target you. If you're scum with target-killing powers or re-directive powers, this is beneficial. If you're town, getting investigative roles to target you is a waste.

I can't see how his play comes from a townie.
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

In post 557, Soren wrote:Yet Dechs Kaison urges us to keep doubting him? Why? For what purpose? Why would a townie want someone to doubt their own townieness? It doesn't seem to add up. On top of this, Dechs Kaison employs WIFOM to confuse us and making us further doubt him.

It's a little trait I've picked up from my Mafia mentor. He often coaches other players in his games. When I say things like that, it's because I think they'll help you be a better mafia player. Regardless of my alignment, I want the people I play with to be good because it makes games more fun.

Don't get me wrong, here. I want you to think I'm town; I just want you to do it for the correct reasons. I've seen a lot of people fooled by the logical lynch or other perfectly logical reasons because they were set up to fail.

Look at my Lego game. We had a two shot cop, but his ability was tampered with. We hung a townie that he had a scum result on. Logically, we know he lied to us, so we hung him the next day when he had another scum result on me. I didn't feel either lynch was right, but logically, they were correct. We almost lost that game on that road.

Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

In post 568, Soren wrote:Maybe I should unvote WW to see if he'll actually say something with substance now that he's about to get lynched, otherwise he may get hammered before having the chance to speak. Hah, who am I kidding, he already had plenty of time to speak up but decided to post useless tree comments instead.

No. Keep him at L-1. He won't be hanged yet.

No one else should vote WW right now
. Give him the chance to provide real content.

I have declared intent to hammer. That's enough for now.

WW, I'm demanding a full town/scum list with your reasons.

copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:02 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 541, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:
In post 522, copper223 wrote:I like the second hydra of Soviet more than the first, comments on this Needful?

Possible positioning to jump wagon detected.

In post 538, Pirate Ika wrote:
In post 524, copper223 wrote:
In post 496, copper223 wrote:@Pirate Ika
Mollie or Ika I really don't care, I want to see what you have to say about this game and more importantly I want to see a vote on who you believe is scum.

VOTE: copper

there i put a vote down

Hmmm, why do you think I am scum and what other reads do you have?
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Diego1487 »

I think WW is at L-2. He had 3 votes, Soviet voted for him, then unvoted. Then Soren. Then Me. That's 5 votes.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:04 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 541, Soviet Crocolisk wrote:
In post 522, copper223 wrote:I like the second hydra of Soviet more than the first, comments on this Needful?

Possible positioning to jump wagon detected.

Such a balanced and objective way to present me reassessing my reads, I clearly have a strong vested interest to "jump wagon" on you as you called it, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”