Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@killa:

In post 187, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 175, killapenwin wrote:I have however seen players flip out Anti early into a game when they are both scum, therefore vote: ChriVi

I agree with Not_Scum's observation that Chriv's belligerence looks fake. That alone is a strong motivator for me to vote Chriv - which I may do as soon as I turn some other things over in my mind.

However, reading your post, it looks like you're voting Chriv not because of Chriv's fake-anger, but because scum-buddies have used fake-anger towards Anti-scum in the past. That is, it looks like you're assuming that Anti is scum in this game in order for Chriv to be scum.

Please clarify.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 am

Post by House »

So, what do you say we stop pussy-footing around with the finger-pointing and mass claim?

Scum will be those who either refuse to claim or among those with a counterclaim.

Those who do not get counterclaimed are conftown.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Green Crayons »

No.

All town have either cop or doc.

Role nights are randomized, and therefore there's no way to determine whether a particular claim is false just from the claim itself.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 202, Green Crayons wrote:Role nights are randomized, and therefore there's no way to determine whether a particular claim is false just from the claim itself.

As in, there can be roles that act on the same night.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Though, I've been thinking about it and mafia have extra knowledge over the town than in the usual game (they are aware of how many docs/cops there are), and town are deprived on essential knowledge of another town's death - specifically, the night that a town player's role was effective. Thus, upon a cop dying, town cannot analyze to see whether that cop had already used its power and try to deduce who might have been investigated.

I therefore proposed that any town cops reveal their investigations the day following their night action - obviously if the result is scum, but even if the result is town. Ideally, of course, such results would be held back into near the end of the game. But the prospects of both the cop and the investigated town surviving to the point when such a reveal would be most effective is not great.

Obviously it's up to each cop's discretion, but that's my proposal because I think it will benefit the town the most in assuring that we get some information rather than no information.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:15 am

Post by davesaz »

Official Vote Count

ChriVi
(4): Antihero, Not_Mafia, killapenwin, Green Crayons
BlueBloodedToffee
(3): ChriVi, Newbie, randomidget
randomidget
(1): inte
killapenwin
(1): BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting
(4): House, Creative, NJAC, Mentor

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-03-27 21:00:00)

Mod Notes: NJAC has requested replacement

Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:25 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 173, ChriVi wrote:@Mod: Chrimi usually uses blue and Viomi usually uses red. Is it alright if we code ourselves this way? We know your color is bolded blue, so would regular / dark blue be a problem?

Thanks for asking! I'm using #0000BF. The rule is based on other players being able to easily distinguish mod edits from player posts. I think it would be best if it's not the next color over on the color picker but something further away might work.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 201, House wrote:So, what do you say we stop pussy-footing around with the finger-pointing and mass claim?

Scum will be those who either refuse to claim or among those with a counterclaim.

Those who do not get counterclaimed are conftown.

from the wiki page:
Daystart
The Mod randomises how many Cops and Docs there are: 1/3rd chance of a 4/6, 5/5 or 6/4 split each.
The Mod then randomises a number from 1-5 for each town player. This is the one night that the players' role works on.
It's possible for there to be multiple players with the same power and night.

Mafia are told pregame exactly how many Cops and Docs exist in the setup, but not who and what nights they are.
Cops and Doctors flip only as "Town Cop" or "Town Doctor".

massclaim's not a breaking strategy here, house. any reads?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Antihero »

though...

claiming which NIGHT (but not the ROLE) could be useful to let docs know who to protect because scum don't have an rb to counter it

have to think about it
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:09 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 198, killapenwin wrote:
Wrong, it just means I'm not willing to tolerate naked votes at all. There isn't some backwards logic to it and if I were scum, what reason would I have warn town not to naked vote? Surely it would be easier (as scum) to put a vote on someone for naked voting than to be drawn into a debate of why naked voting is bad?

What are your thoughts on naked voting, good or bad? Why? Give examples.

Wrong. It has nothing to do with your toleration of naked votes and everything to do with your observation of the alignments of the people making those votes.

Again, how do you know you're warning town? For all you know, it could be scum who made the naked votes.

I dislike naked voting. Which is funny, because I do it a lot. Usually though, I provide my reasoning afterwards. Absolute naked voting with no explanation is a pet hate of mine.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:36 am

Post by inte »

btt is lynch bait
crayon is dumb or scum
penguin sounds like scum

i think i got this game wrapped up boys
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:37 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 153, inte wrote:fyi VOTE: randomidget

In post 210, inte wrote:btt is lynch bait
crayon is dumb or scum
penguin sounds like scum

Yeah, I can see the thought progression there.

You wanna expand? Or you know, place a vote where your scum-reads are?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Creative »

In post 210, inte wrote:btt is lynch bait
crayon is dumb or scum
penguin sounds like scum

I'm tuning with your reads, like i said before, a wagon this early with so many votes really seems to be scum jumping in the train and pushing him to the spotlight.
I don´t think
GC
is dumb, he is pushing on people right when someone makes a point about that person, i think it's town-oriented to push scum on people but more mafia-oriented when the that target has just been pinged by someone else. Does that make sense?
Maybe is just that his timing is a little off in my point of view, i'm not sure about his alignment yet.

In post 182, Randomnamechange wrote:This game confuses me. BBT should be dead, bur isn't. Why not?
Mentor, creative, GC and penwin are probs town
House is confirmed town.

Why is that you find to be frustrating the fact that
BBT
didn´t get lynched?

It's very awkward that you are trying to speed Day1 Lynch, can you reason your vote?

Even if we are going to lynch him, town gains nothing to do that right on the beginning of the game, like, zero info.
Your post seems to be part of a mafia agenda:

-
Confusion Card
(it's so early, so little info is out there, how can you be confused?)
-
Speeding a lynch/flashwagoning
(trying to deny town from information/mislynch)

Why is House confirmed town? Have you played with him before?
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Creative »

I forgotted to tag
House
in my previous post, it may look silly, but it's important to me to keep track of it later, so nvm this post here is just an obervation.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 150, Antihero wrote:
In post 105, Newbie wrote:/confirm
VOTE: BBT
Out of the two hard pushing a newbie, GC seemed more genuine.

In post 130, Newbie wrote:@
Creative
What alignment do you think each of Mentor, BBT, and GC are?

In post 141, Newbie wrote:I found that statement weird as well. It sounded a little too sure pertaining to three players' alignments.

if you think creative is "weird" for enforcing a false dichotomy, what's so "not weird" about it when you do it?

It's the way it was worded. Since scum know who are who, they sometimes like to connect players, if that makes sense. That's why I asked him for his reads on each so he wouldn't be able to so easily back out of it. I'm satisfied with his posts so far, though.

I also agree about ChriVi.

VOTE: ChriVi
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Antihero »

oh boy i'm popular
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 175, killapenwin wrote:
I googled 'Joke' this did not come up.

but anyway I'm a little surprised you haven't been warned by the mod for being overly volatile to other players, 'GTFO piece of trash and I'm blacklisting you after the game' is quite excessive for questioning if you had ever run into a suicidal townie before.

I have however seen players flip out Anti early into a game when they are both scum, therefore

Can you clarify what you mean by this?
killapenwin
killapenwin
Goon
killapenwin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:02 am

Post by killapenwin »

In post 200, Green Crayons wrote:
@killa:

In post 187, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 175, killapenwin wrote:I have however seen players flip out Anti early into a game when they are both scum, therefore vote: ChriVi

I agree with Not_Scum's observation that Chriv's belligerence looks fake. That alone is a strong motivator for me to vote Chriv - which I may do as soon as I turn some other things over in my mind.

However, reading your post, it looks like you're voting Chriv not because of Chriv's fake-anger, but because scum-buddies have used fake-anger towards Anti-scum in the past. That is, it looks like you're assuming that Anti is scum in this game in order for Chriv to be scum.

Please clarify.

You have it the wrong way round, I assume Chriv is scum and by extension that Anti could be also. His/Her over the top anger did look faked (possibly early distancing) it was glaringly obvious and had been pointed out by someone else already but yes if Chriv did flip scum Anti would likely be my next vote.

In a previous game I saw fake over the top arguing towards Anti when both him and another player were scum.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Newbie »

Anti was the first to vote Chriv when Chriv had no pressure on him at all, though.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Newbie »

I'm surprised that Chrivi didn't continue to engage further with killa and that it's just these few posts.

In post 170, killapenwin wrote:@ ChriVi: I am not sure how you selfvote in one post, then chastise BBT in the next for being suicidal? Seems a little weird to me.

@Not_mafia: I'm not a fan of seeing naked votes thrown about, keep it up and I'll vote you on principle.

@all: start attaching reasoning to your votes, when you vote or risk being misread as scum.

In post 175, killapenwin wrote:
In post 171, ChriVi wrote:
In post 170, killapenwin wrote:@ ChriVi: I am not sure how you selfvote in one post, then chastise BBT in the next for being suicidal? Seems a little weird to me.

Google: Joke

I googled 'Joke' this did not come up.

but anyway I'm a little surprised you haven't been warned by the mod for being overly volatile to other players, 'GTFO piece of trash and I'm blacklisting you after the game' is quite excessive for questioning if you had ever run into a suicidal townie before.

I have however seen players flip out Anti early into a game when they are both scum, therefore
vote: ChriVi
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 150, Antihero wrote:
In post 105, Newbie wrote:/confirm
VOTE: BBT
Out of the two hard pushing a newbie, GC seemed more genuine.

In post 130, Newbie wrote:@
Creative
What alignment do you think each of Mentor, BBT, and GC are?

In post 141, Newbie wrote:I found that statement weird as well. It sounded a little too sure pertaining to three players' alignments.

if you think creative is "weird" for enforcing a false dichotomy, what's so "not weird" about it when you do it?

It almost seems like killa knows what Chriv will flip and is using early associative reads to connect him to another player by reaching.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Newbie »

Sorry. Ignore the quote in that post. Didn't mean to quote anything.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 217, killapenwin wrote:In a previous game I saw fake over the top arguing towards Anti when both him and another player were scum.

are you talking about jk9++?

who are you talking about?
killapenwin
killapenwin
Goon
killapenwin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:18 am

Post by killapenwin »

In post 209, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 198, killapenwin wrote:
Wrong, it just means I'm not willing to tolerate naked votes at all. There isn't some backwards logic to it and if I were scum, what reason would I have warn town not to naked vote? Surely it would be easier (as scum) to put a vote on someone for naked voting than to be drawn into a debate of why naked voting is bad?

What are your thoughts on naked voting, good or bad? Why? Give examples.

Wrong. It has nothing to do with your toleration of naked votes and everything to do with your observation of the alignments of the people making those votes.

Again, how do you know you're warning town? For all you know, it could be scum who made the naked votes.

I dislike naked voting. Which is funny, because I do it a lot. Usually though, I provide my reasoning afterwards. Absolute naked voting with no explanation is a pet hate of mine.

You mean to tell me what my own thoughts and reasons are? You assume too much.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 222, Antihero wrote:
In post 217, killapenwin wrote:In a previous game I saw fake over the top arguing towards Anti when both him and another player were scum.

are you talking about jk9++?
who are you talking about?

this is the only game i was scum in that you played in and i didn't fight with either wicked or anen so ... again, what are you talking about?

Return to “Completed Open Games”