The Mission - 1 (Human Victory!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Titus: You say foilist is scum and you are not, because his reads are based on who likes him, and yours are not. There are two problems with that.

1) foilist made his scumread on you whilst you were voting him, and it clearly had nothing to do with whether you liked him or not, but due to your dubious claim of some analysis that would come after the first mission.

2) You made your scumread on foilist after he made and explained his scumread on you. Your claim was that his reactions were overblown and whatnot. Whilst a few of his posts have been on the silly side, he made valid arguments in others, which you chose to ignore. So, it really does seem that you made this scumread based on the fact he didn't like you.

How am I enabling anything? I'm giving the town my position and thoughts. If you disagree with them, explain how they are incorrect. How is the captain irrelevant? He both goes on the mission, and picks who else goes with him (up to a point). Also, being sardonic may appear clever, but it inevitably blocks any meaningful or helpful discourse we may otherwise have had. The same can be said about trying to dictate tomorrow's mission in advance and with no additional discussion. That really doesn't sit well with me.

It's not just a matter of convincing foilist you are town; you are currently being scumread by everyone else in the game. If you are town, you are doing a terrible job of convincing me of this fact, since you are not making any valid arguments that foilist is scum. In other similar games, this wouldn't be an issue, but in this one town needs full cooperation to win.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:38 am

Post by foilist13 »

Would really love to hear from McMenno before I end the day, so I'll give it a couple hours.

Shall post more thoughts in a bit.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Mitillos »

@foilist: Looks like McMenno isn't going to be particularly talkative, so how about that team?
options
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:18 am

Post by foilist13 »

I am strongly tempted to take McMenno over Vettrock, largely because McMenno is a bit of a wild card. He's new to the site and has posted almost nothing. Vettrock is solid and not scumreading to me, but Titus has to be scum with someone (assuming she's scum at all) and jumping on a newbie partner at the beginning seems like an odd play. Maybe they distance from one another for a bit so we always take on of the two, but why make it extra difficult at the beginning for your partner to get on missions at all? Between Vettrock and Mitillos, Mitillos seems to have more original content and decisive positions, so I'm townreading him more strongly.

Last chance for thoughts. Mitillos?

Titus isn't coming. Thanks for the vote though ;)
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Mitillos »

No extra thoughts from me, at this time.
options
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:44 am

Post by foilist13 »

Declare: foilist13, Mitillos, McMenno
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 am

Post by archaebob »

A team led by
foilist13
has attempted The Mission. His teammates were
Mitillos
and
McMenno

The Result:
FAILURE
Last edited by archaebob on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:56 am

Post by archaebob »

It is now
Day Two

Vote Count 3.0
Not Voting:
foilist13, Titus, vettrock, Mitillos, McMenno

Day One ends in (expired on 2015-03-28 14:54:00).
Last edited by archaebob on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:19 am

Post by McMenno »

Okay, I am
pretty sure
that Mitillos and vettrock are town, and I know that I am, so by PoE that leaves foilist and Titus as scum, potentially bussing.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:36 am

Post by foilist13 »

You're like that guy who shows up to a party at 2am and is asking why everyone else is drunk already.

Now that you're here (finally), why don't you explain those reads?

I officially regret taking McMenno over Vettrock.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Mitillos »

@McMenno: Explanations as to your reads?

@foilist: I don't much like that you decided to take the wildcard over the townier-looking person.

P-edit: Ninja'ed.
options
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 am

Post by foilist13 »

1) I wanted to get him out of the way. 2) Titus's play didn't make sense to me with a McMenno/Titus scum team.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 am

Post by foilist13 »

Also I asked you and you didn't say anything about it, so why bring it up now?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Titus

Militos, my predictions should be more than enough. I did make a valid argument he's buddying. You just scumread me so you handwaive it.

Foilist deliberately slowplayed that so no one could comment on his team choice being scummy.

Like I said, give me the one shot. If we don't win, I will reset.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:38 am

Post by foilist13 »

1) You can't self vote except to hammer.

2) I asked for input at least four times, and I made it clear two days ago that I was certainly taking Mitillos and debating between Vettrock and McMenno. No one chose to comment usefully, least of all you. Fuck you, madame and your plan.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:42 am

Post by Mitillos »

@foilist: You said you were thinking about it. I was hoping you wouldn't actually go through with it, and wanted to see how things would play out. I had already made it clear that my scumreads were Titus/McMenno, so I'm not sure what more you wanted from me at that point.

@Titus: Except that I also scumread McMenno, so I'm not sure what you mean by predictions, here. The mission fails with even one scum on it. As for the buddying thing, that's a bit of a moving goalpost thing you've got going on there, but either way, given that foilist was scumreading you and the rest of us were voting him, of course he would townread from the people voting him. That was pretty much inevitable. Anyway, you can't vote yourself until you've got two votes on you, I think.

As for giving you one shot, let's wait and see what McMenno says, and how vettrock reacts to what happened, first.
options
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Titus »

If that's the case, I will vote you.

It's not a moving goal post. Foilist also townread McMenno until the mission result.

It's pretty obvious you and Vett are town, I just want to win already.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:54 am

Post by foilist13 »

I don't know, I guess I was hoping that by posting my intentions and directly asking you for thoughts you might commit to an opinion on them. I guess I was wrong.

Taking McMenno was not motivated by my read on McMenno since I largely find it difficult to have one. It was more strongly motivated, as I said, by how Titus is playing assuming Titus-scum. That was the part I hoped you'd respond to.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:57 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 84, foilist13 wrote:You're like that guy who shows up to a party at 2am and is asking why everyone else is drunk already.

Now that you're here (finally), why don't you explain those reads?

I officially regret taking McMenno over Vettrock.

Now you regret it...I will re-evaluate later When i get home.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 92, foilist13 wrote:I don't know, I guess I was hoping that by posting my intentions and directly asking you for thoughts you might commit to an opinion on them. I guess I was wrong.

Taking McMenno was not motivated by my read on McMenno since I largely find it difficult to have one. It was more strongly motivated, as I said, by how Titus is playing assuming Titus-scum. That was the part I hoped you'd respond to.

Bullshit. You claimed McMenno was town early.

I also have said my reads for days.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:32 am

Post by foilist13 »

Do you actually read posts, Titus?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Mitillos »

@foilist: Thing is, I had already given my reads, and explained why I thought McMenno was scum. I didn't think that repeating my reasons was necessary.
options
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I don't know if I'll go so far as to call that a scum tell, but that's fairly weak. I told you what I was most likely to do and you waited until AFTER the mission failed to be upset about it. Scum you would profit from that move since voicing objections beforehand might derail the mission that was already going to succeed from your end.

Still, not the best move since scum you would cause the mission to fail regardless and derailing the mission so close to deadline might yield you a freebie.

It just feels like you didn't give it much thought at all when the cards were down and a scum already going on the mission could afford that.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Mitillos »

I'll be honest, I didn't expect you to actually take Menno. I thought you were looking for reactions from Menno and vettrock. You know, because you even said that vettrock was more towny-looking than Menno. So, of course I kept quiet about it, at the time.
options
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by vettrock »

I am leaning toward McMenno and Titus being the scum. Unfortunately the first mission didn't really change much for me as unless you are on the mission, it doesn't really eliminate any possibilities.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”