Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Honestly OTM I really didn't think CDB's post was that suspicious. Use the search function, you'll notice he was playing in no less than 3 games and moderating one in Coney Island. Plus, while I'm not positive, there is an 8 hour gap between Pooky's first and second votes, and I think the thread was locked at that point. CDB could have easily noticed that and since he was here anyway he most likely had read the first post well before the thread was unlocked and once the second post was made and the thread unlocked, he made his post.

While I'm not saying he is or isn't scummy, I doubt this can be considered "proof".
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Guardian »

otm: Agree on FA. Vote and comments when I return in 48 hours or so. Parties is fun :).
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I don't think it is proof, but I find it highly highly suspicious. Much better than you usually get in the early game.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mod: Question about the job switches.

According to what I understand of the game rules, the people who started the investigations, CTD and Xdeem, would be finished with their investigations at the end of Hour 4. They would get the results at the beginning of Hour 5, but theoretically they would not have been doing anything ON hour 5 for the investigations and could either start a different investigation starting on Hour 5, or even do a different job.

Due to the way they were sent from their jobs, I believe that their investigations should have finished, even if they are no longer at their posts when they would have received the results, those investigations should not have been interrupted. At least, if I am reading the rules correctly.

Other Players

Certain things overlooked about the job changes that I doubt anyone noticed: While Guardian and Eyceking have been FOSed because they got 'more powerful' positions, there was something else that I noticed. Specifically CTD is in a VERY suspicious position. The incredibly 'unuseful' Deputy Director. Add to that the scum have YET to use their Night Kill. I think we have the set-up to drop a scum into literally the most powerful position in the game. Since up till now CTD has been pretty much excused as pro-town (something I am not completely disputing), it would be a great cover.

I don't know if any FA is protecting Yos right now, but since I read Yos saying he didn't believe he should be guarded, and to protect the Crytos and Cops, either Yos knows something we don't know or he is in INCREDIBLE danger if CTD is scum.

Additional supporting evidence: Guardian, who many people believe is scum, was both being investigated by CTD and put in his post. If CTD's investigation cleared Guardian, he would have been sent into a more powerful field where he could be more useful. By creating this suspense, Guardian's guilt is still very much in question, which only helps the scum if he is town. However, it creates a great screen if he is scum.

(As for 'in-game' how someone could fake a coded message: I've thought about it this way. If everything we find about scum is coded, pretend that the scum are actually using a code. If they KNOW the code, obviously they can change what is in a coded message without anyone knowing before sending it to be decrypted.)

Eyceking, despite everything else though, feels very scummy to me. I don't have any direct evidence right now, since I wasn't looking for it, it is just more of a general feel. I also have a similar feeling from Xdeem right now and I'm going to be more critical in my analysis of the two of them.

I feel Xdeem is suspicious mainly because I felt his over-aggressive attitude was very... odd. I checked back in his completed games and noticed that in every game he was scum, he was overly aggressive. I his only game I looked at where he was town, he was still aggressive, but he seemed more... subdued... More on this later after I take a closer eye on previous posts and threads.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Y'know... the fact that CTD was moved into the deputy role by the hacker IS highly suspicious, now that you mention it. I like this new guy. Sure is a big step-up from Korran, huh? :wink:

Of course, scum could just move someone into the Deputy role that they would like to see killed off, because they know it looks suspicious. And I know CTD is quite a good scum hunter, so this scenario makes sense too. Typical, analysis ends in WIFOM.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Of course WIFOM can be applied to almost... everything. We need to make some logical guesses and assumptions or else we will just be chasing our tails. We need to find the why, and look past the why not sometimes.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Kinetic, for the record, we'd just immediatly lynch him, no harm done. After that we have to WIFOM-decode the deputy. I doubt the mod would make this game so easily breakable as in they can kil Jack wihtout us doing anything about it.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xd, which part of Kinetic's post are you replying to?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Kinetic »

I think he's referring to "If Yos is killed, then we'd lynch CTD immediately." But even then, I don't think that would happen. It is hardly proof, its just amazingly suspicious, and I have yet to see any lynch on this site take less that 5 pages.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Wait, I just realised how badly that came out :P

I meant if we somehow knew CTD was scum for sure and killing Yos just to take the position.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Xdaamno »

But even then, I don't think that would happen. It is hardly proof, its just amazingly suspicious, and I have yet to see any lynch on this site take less that 5 pages.

I've seen atleast ten games in which that happened, and I don't read that many games anymore :P
Cracking Idea Mafia
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

"Er... Kinetic, what exactly do you mean by protecting Yosarian? Clarify. And guys, if we can't reach an agreement on a lynch, we should at least be helping Jack find the bomb, don't you think?"
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Kinetic »

FA: Don't Field Agents have some sort of protecting ability, FA? Thats what I meant.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Frozen Atlantic wrote:"Er... Kinetic, what exactly do you mean by protecting Yosarian? Clarify. And guys, if we can't reach an agreement on a lynch, we should at least be helping Jack find the bomb, don't you think?"
Well, if we want win by the "lynching scum" win condition, then we need to lynch hour 6.

Anyway, do you have any ideas of how we can help Jack find the bomb? All we know right now is that it's not at the Jefferson memorial, and it's probably not in the Franklin D. Roosevelt Park since the scum hacker probably told him to go there.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Kinetic »

While I was looking at the map, I noticed that there is what seems to be a National Museum of Natural History right in the CENTER of DC... If we're sending Jack on wild goose chases, why not send him there? Seems like a place that could cause the most damage to DC, since it is very centralized.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmmm...well, I guess that's possible. I guess the question is, do we want to randomally order Jack around the city, or if we don't have any solid information is it better to just not send him any orders?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Well the way I am thinking we need to send him somewhere, or else we are just going to be chasing our tails waiting for him to send us information that he doesn't know. Its centrally located, so if we do get a viable tip he won't be particularly far from any point, and who knows, maybe something will show up.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Like the terrorists ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh...then again, as far as we know, we don't even know if Jack does anything without orders; at least we might be able to rule out some more places. Would anyone have any problem with me sending Jack to the National Museum of Natural History?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:46 pm

Yes...if you publicly state where your going to send him, that's where the terrorists will ambush him. No ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I don't think anyone is going to be that brazen Albert. The Museum is a big, very public place. This isn't an abandoned park near a memorial.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:53 pm

Exactly how big is this building ? lol
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Check out the map, it looks like it is about the size of the White House, if the map is to scale.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Just a thought: if we had 3 field agents plus Jack all investigating locations in D.C. we could sweep through the whole town in a couple "hours".
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

We'd need 3 Field Agents who are obviously Town, which sux, cus we still need those obviously town people to do the important stuff, like intercept transmissions, investigate people, and decode transmissions.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”