Drawn on Arrival: The Movie: The Game (GAME OVER!)

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Marquis »

(mastin, you are so wrong on so many things that i have had literally no idea how to try responding to you and i'll get back to you come morning but every time i've had the chance to check in lately i've mostly just been... what.)
link in bio
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:23 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 3173, mastin2 wrote:But I'm pretty sure Marquis is the right play today.
Even if he's not scum, the people who aren't him that're near the chopping block have night actions that they can attempt to prove during tonight. (By which, I mean V and Boonskiies.)
I just...really think he's the answer, here. That by lynching him, we take out scum, maybe even the last scum.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here, sadly enough. Vonflare was far from a foregone conclusion when Marquis started pushing him as a counterwagon to Shaft. Marquis was fighting a lonely little battle to try to get him lynched, so it's not true that Vonflare was an obvious wagon to push. Why push another scum wagon when you're going to lose one of your buddies already? I think Estival was a more logical push at that point, especially since she's now been cleared by Psyche.

If you want to go this route and let people prove themselves, why not take out 4nxi3ty first? That would accomplish roughly the same thing without the risk of taking out town.

@Psyche: What did you mean by your comment about whether I was settled?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 3133, Psyche wrote:is bookitty settled?

This question, specifically.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by Psyche »

are you confirmed town?
You can't step in the same river twice.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I was Reina's mason partner, uncounterclaimed and probably obvious from the thread, so I would think so.

Do you think I am not?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

well that was my question
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/she

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:13 am

Post by Jackel98 »

I'm going to be V/LA from tonight to mid-Sunday because of camping. It's sudden, but that's for a different reason. I'll be back a bit later, but won't have access after that.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:00 am

Post by The Critic »

Votecount 5.3Boonskiies (3) - 4nxi3ty, Seraphim, Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
4nxi3ty (1) - Psyche
estival (1) - Marquis
Marquis (1) - mastin2

Not Voting (6) - Bookitty, Boonskiies, estival, Jackel98, Varsoon, Honey bee

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
i
s
o
n
M
o
n
d
a
y
A
p
r
i
l
t
h
a
t
P
M
E
a
s
t
e
r
n
w
h
i
c
h
i
s
i
n
(expired on 2015-04-06 18:00:00).
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:36 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 3171, mastin2 wrote:
In post 3167, Honey bee wrote:Marquis used his ability n3 i think though, which was something like a mod announced visit?
No, he was visited BY Bookitty.

still.. the bookie+ mod announced self watch doesn't really make sense.

This game can't have more than 9 anti town in it, 8 is stretching it. We don't even really have a vig (except bulge) so lynching 9 scum on our own without reliance of crosskills is asinine. I think mafia are likely eliminated at this point. Bulge doesn't really make sense as a mafia kill, HI too. None of the n2 kills make sense either, but I'm leaning towards several of those kills being redirected.

VOTE: estival
I've warmed up to this vote, but I may change my mind. I'd still like a massclaim but if psyche is going to deny that then ok. @psyche: do you think it's a good idea for me to target you tonight? or should I try someone else.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:10 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 3176, Bookitty wrote:
In post 3173, mastin2 wrote:If you want to go this route and let people prove themselves, why not take out 4nxi3ty first? That would accomplish roughly the same thing without the risk of taking out town.
'cept numberwise lynching a survivor is not much different from lynching town. You'd be lowering the numbers, helping scum get closer to their wincon, without lynching actual scum, getting closer to a town wincon, essentially giving scum a free night to kill town.

The only reasons you should lynch a survivor is if you think the survivor is lying, or if you think the survivor will be a threat to town in mylo/lylo.

(The fatest way for me to win at this point is to lynch scum. Each day that goes by without the game ending it get worse for me. Paranoia deepens. Is 4nxi3ty lying? SK? Can we really let him live to lylo?

I really think Boon is scum here. There's been zero indication of trying to figure players out. All we have is latehops on scum wagons, unsubstantiated votes on sera and bookitty, an out of place town read on bro before the doc claim, and an appealy reverse-hider claim.)
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Honey bee »

why is it appealy?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:55 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 3143, Boonskiies wrote:I would never claim this if I was scum

In post 3151, Boonskiies wrote:Psyche, I'm compulsive. Even nights only. Also...why the fuck would I fake claim reverse hider in this game. I'm not even entirely sure what it is.

The tone of "scum never claim this role" feels like an appeal to avoid getting lynch.

Also there's a pattern of pretending like he is lost...
In post 1942, Boonskiies wrote:but actually, though. i'm so lost in this game. haha. I'm trying to insert myself somehow into an argument of some sort...

In post 3063, Boonskiies wrote:I'm obv town. If I was scum, I'd know what would be going on.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Honey bee »

I guess but claiming an investigative role as scum kinda puts a date on how long you can go before everyone has been cleared.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 am

Post by The Critic »

Votecount 5.4Boonskiies (3) - 4nxi3ty, Seraphim, Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
estival (2) - Marquis, Honey bee
4nxi3ty (1) - Psyche
Marquis (1) - mastin2

Not Voting (5) - Bookitty, Boonskiies, estival, Jackel98, Varsoon

Varsoon and Estival are V/LA through 3/28

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
i
s
o
n
M
o
n
d
a
y
A
p
r
i
l
t
h
a
t
P
M
E
a
s
t
e
r
n
w
h
i
c
h
i
s
i
n
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Psyche »

i could use one more night, honeeybee
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 3164, mastin2 wrote:Let's not go for third party hunting yet while mafia are still a likely threat, no?

ok so this is probably the thing i have the biggest issue with.

quickly and simply: it is extremely unlikely that there are any mafia left, because 1) 5 mafia in a game of 27 flipped already 2) there have been 3 deaths every single night until the night when there was only 1 after we lynched the last mafia member and 3) i was pushing theamateur/vonflare slot since day 1, and when i wasn't i was waffling back and forth between him and ika.

and i've just sat here for the past hour or so getting distracted by tv and not really knowing what else to add other than i'm not scum and estival and boon probably are and i hate this because this whole time i've kept wanting to think you're scum trying to redirect the lynch but then you're conftown or something and ugh
link in bio
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:47 am

Post by estival »

In post 3120, elusive wrote:Wow, psyche has a.cop clear on me and marquis still votes me. I assume.we.could have less kills if bro protected the right person?

Hey Honey Bee and Marquis, explain why you keep calling me scum when Psyche has a COP CLEAR on me?

Are you just high on something or is it fucktardness?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 3190, Marquis wrote:it is extremely unlikely that there are any mafia left

psyche's clears are "not mafia" and i really don't think there's any mafia left

i also think you're purposefully trying to push psyche's result on you to the forefront of your defense knowing it's true but also because you're some kind of third party. an sk role that's immune to global actions and an sk role that's immune to a lynch make sense setupwise, they're like opposite immunities but just powerful enough for quadz/ut to avoid going the done and boring bulletproof sk road (part of why i'm more inclined to believe anxiety's survivor claim making more sense than him being sk). not to mention another sk makes sense with the 3 deaths n1 factoring in the known lack of mafia kill n1 in the first place
link in bio
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by estival »

This is how Aeronaut is described, "Aeronaut - Yen Sid, Global Action-Immune Serial Killer, Killed N1"

Can you give an example of a game where and SK was immune to lynch because I have never heard of that in any bastard or normal setup. Ever. I've heard of SKs being immune to night kills but never immune to lynch and that seems OP as hell.

You also can't explain why as SK I would consistently be so bad in my reads that I white knighted two scum in a row. Why not stay in the background like PEregrine and Ama instead of drawing attention to myself?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Marquis »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=39517

one example off the top of my head.

and i'm kind of amused because you're the one who claimed one-shot unlynchable after we were about to run you up again. so don't pretend we're arguing about a completely lynchproof scum, one-shot lynchproof is even less powerful than a full bulletproof sk which is common

ignoring your last point for now bc i'm going out to dinner but... lol. k. cya
link in bio
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by estival »

Why isn't the role town?

This is what you're referring to, "Quercus Alba, Mafia-Aligned Day Three Modified Unlynchable" ?

Why is it beyond your belief that a one shot lynch proof could be town?

And the point about behavior, mindsets, etc. is an important one and I'll expect you to have some explanation.

Scum so far have been lurking in this game you seem to be implying a 360 for an exceptional role that would draw undue attention to itself when all it needs to do is coast along until no nk roles exist (if its lynch proof).
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Honey bee »

It's not unheard of for the role to be town, scum, or 3p and even if it was what would make 1 shot unlynchable for sk to be op? None of these roles are really all that common.

And I'm just going to point out you haven't really voted and pushed anyone in this game since before your theatric lynch, so your not exactly the loudmouth you were. I'm not really confident but looking at the nks + hi iso you seem the most likely and we're stomping pretty hard so I'm not feeling very sympathetic. So if you are town and want my vote off you please impress me or do something because I don't feel like you're thinking about this game very much.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3188, The Critic wrote:
Votecount 5.4Boonskiies (3) - 4nxi3ty, Seraphim, Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
estival (2) - Marquis, Honey bee
4nxi3ty (1) - Psyche
Marquis (1) - mastin2

Not Voting (5) - Bookitty, Boonskiies, estival, Jackel98, Varsoon

Varsoon and Estival are V/LA through 3/28

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
i
s
o
n
M
o
n
d
a
y
A
p
r
i
l
t
h
a
t
P
M
E
a
s
t
e
r
n
w
h
i
c
h
i
s
i
n

In post 3186, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 3143, Boonskiies wrote:I would never claim this if I was scum

In post 3151, Boonskiies wrote:Psyche, I'm compulsive. Even nights only. Also...why the fuck would I fake claim reverse hider in this game. I'm not even entirely sure what it is.

The tone of "scum never claim this role" feels like an appeal to avoid getting lynch.

Also there's a pattern of pretending like he is lost...
In post 1942, Boonskiies wrote:but actually, though. i'm so lost in this game. haha. I'm trying to insert myself somehow into an argument of some sort...

In post 3063, Boonskiies wrote:I'm obv town. If I was scum, I'd know what would be going on.

funny thing is, you think I'm pretending that I'm lost. LOLOLOLOLOL

VOTE: 4nxiety
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3176, Bookitty wrote:Vonflare was far from a foregone conclusion when Marquis started pushing him as a counterwagon to Shaft.
Except he was? Vonflare was sparking alarms since the MOMENT (and I do mean MOMENT) he replaced theam.

Why push another scum wagon when you're going to lose one of your buddies already?
Towncred. Wanting to save Shaft over Vonflare. Any number of other reasons. It's something Marquis can and has done as scum.

If you want to go this route and let people prove themselves, why not take out 4nxi3ty first? That would accomplish roughly the same thing without the risk of taking out town.
Because I semi-cleared him with a track of being mafia, thus he's probably truthful about being 3p, and I favor 100% of the time allowing 3p to win with the town if possible.

Which, y'know. He can't do if he's lynched.
Also, 3p lynches may not be town lynches, but they are also NOT scum lynches.
Furthermore, 4nxi3ty is a known entity. There is a high probability he is telling the truth about his role.
I would prefer to take care of an unknown entity.

Like Marquis.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3190, Marquis wrote:5 mafia in a game of 27 flipped already
You can have 5 mafia in as little as 20 players (albeit extraordinarily rarely), and it's the number usually reserved for ~22-25 players.
We have 27.

That just proves my point: there should be another mafiate around.

there have been 3 deaths every single night
I already explained this one, albeit with the slightest of gaps for explaining the third kill. Most of the kills make sense, like Reina's death on not-town 4nxi3ty.

By your own logic, in fact, it's more likely to be mafia.
Why?
Numbers.

27 players with 6 mafia and 2 anti-town (maybe 3) makes sense.
27 players with 5 mafia, 2 known anti-town, and then at least one if not two additional anti-town forces with kills if not a full anti-town faction (e.g. additional serial killer, second smaller mafia of 2-3 members) does not. Not nearly as much anyway.

There's mafia left.
We can be assured of that.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”