TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:00 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 898, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm beginning to get paranoid about Derangement and GC

My best guess is Derangement and CDB. They're leaving you alive because your reads are off.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Reread prawn's and CDB's ISOs.

I'm doubling down on my onion, TTH, CDB lynch pool.

I want CDB's updated opinion on the game.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:21 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 900, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 898, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm beginning to get paranoid about Derangement and GC

My best guess is Derangement and CDB. They're leaving you alive because your reads are off.

entirely possible
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 899, prawneater wrote:Ya I agree, the Equinox NK is strange. He was on the LF wagon and he wasn't a particularly helpful townie End of D1 and all of D2. I think a scum-case could have been made on him.

Was someone freaked out that Equinox would suddenly start posting and figure out the game? Who has history with Equinox? Who is most scared of him?

I thought Equinox was solidly town. He was my townread surrogate for my position on onion.

FWIW, I played with Equinox in one other game where he died N1, and I thought his play here matched that game pretty spot on. That probably helped establish my town read of him.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:05 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Good Morning. I'll post when I'm in less of a foul mood.
#greenshirtthursdays
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Derangement »

I did not see this one coming. :o

While I may have had a townread on Equinox in early day 1, it's definitely not something that stayed that way as day 2 progressed.
I'd have thought the obvious targets were Tripod or myself, and seeing us both alive is making me want to do some re-reading.

A quick check tells me that:

• Tripod and I scumread TTH, with Equinox being not against lynching her either.

I don't think this particular read influenced the NK much, if at all. :neutral:

• Tripod scumread Onion, I townread Onion, Equinox seemed to be actively looking into him.

Killing me would have helped scum if Onion were town;
    Killing UT would have helped scum if Onion were scum.
    Killing equinox
    might
    have helped scum, depending on whether they thought his suspicions would lead him in the right direction, but I find this an odd way to go about it.

If Onion is scum, it makes UT's survival less desirable to scum. Him being alive looks weird.
    If Onion is town, it makes my survival less desirable to scum. Me being alive looks weird.

• I scumread Crayons, Tripod agreed with Crayons (and was weirded out by it).

If Crayons is scum, it makes my survival questionable.
    If Crayons is town, then UT's survival is questionable (but not as questionable?)

NK analysis based on people's reads at the time points to a possible UT/Onion scumteam, or a Derangement/Crayons one.
I personally find the former to be rather unlikely, and don't agree with the latter. ;)

Looking at it from the other way:

@Crayons:
You say you had a townread on Equinox.
What made you think of him that way?
Did I miss something in his late game?

@Onion:
Could you please clarify what you had in mind, when you wrote:
In post 871, onion wrote:try not to lynch equinox while i'm gone.
Your friendly neighbourhood Derangement, or Dee for short.
May contain traces of nuts.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by onion »

try not to lynch equinox was a joke related to how we enjoy wildly swinging the lynch around in the last few hours, and ending up lynching someone we weren't planning to only a few hours before. i just picked the least likely to be lynched player.

while i found the GIF lynch very strange, this one made more sense, because Equinox was cool. Derangement is also cool, which makes me wonder why he isn't dead also. its a bit suspicious. and derangement's wondering about why both he and tripod are alive might make more sense if we didn't assume derangement must be town. just saying.

the llama flip provides us with good information, which i really should compile some time soon, so i'll post that when i get to it.

we probably shouldn't lynch tripod. and green crayons is cool too. i guess i should work on some town reads other than those, but that'll have to wait until after the llamaflipinfo. so i'll get right on that. yeah. maybe tomorrow. i don't work tomorrow.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Three Vote Count #1

~ No Votes ~

With
alive it takes
lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is
April 8, 2015 at 6:35 AM PST

Not Voting - 7 - ChannelDelibird, Derangement, Green Crayons, onion, prawneater, TellTaleHeart, Untrod Tripod

Countdown
: (expired on 2015-04-08 06:35:00)
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Derangement:

In post 905, Derangement wrote:@Crayons:
You say you had a townread on Equinox.
What made you think of him that way?
Did I miss something in his late game?

In post 903, Green Crayons wrote:FWIW, I played with Equinox in one other game where he died N1, and I thought his play here matched that game pretty spot on. That probably helped establish my town read of him.

----
COMEDIC RECORD SCRATCH
----

lol

I was going to link the game that I was thinking of, and be like "ugh just read this, his play is identical" but I have discovered that the game I was thinking of did not include Equinox at all, but instead Cheetory6.

I thought it was Equinox, not Cheetory, who was in Open 581: Making Friends and Enemies! with me.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Uh, regardless of that brainfart, I still think my read of Equinox was solid (and I'm not just saying this because we have hindsight).

Equinox was being thoughtful and thorough in his reads - which is why I thought he was Cheetory-town back in Open 581, as he mimicked Cheetory's play in that game. They felt genuine, and I could follow his thought process pretty clearly, so I felt like he was being pretty open.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: CDB

Consider yourself motivated.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Actually.

UNVOTE: CDB
VOTE: TTH
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:55 am

Post by onion »

so, Tripod and Llama had bouts early on, but that's because tripod is tripod, thus null. Llama's track was accurate, and Tripod really didn't go anywhere N1. that's townish.

Llama and Prawn had bouts, and Prawn isn't Tripod, so this is scumish.

we still have a not both Prawn and sns.

Llama suspected TTH+Prawn, and we should at least have a passing interest in his suspicious, being confirmed town and all.

GIF also voted for TTH. we have enough confirmed townies for vote analysis to maybe be useful. i'll do that.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:27 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 911, Green Crayons wrote:Actually.

Disappointing. :(

In post 912, onion wrote:GIF also voted for TTH. we have enough confirmed townies for vote analysis to maybe be useful. i'll do that.

How does the fact it was a random vote play into your analysis? o_O
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 913, TellTaleHeart wrote:Disappointing. :(

We'll see.

I forgot to turn off my reaction-to-pressure gauge. It's consistently broken in an inconsistent manner.
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Derangement »

In post 910, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: CDB

I've been trying to figure out why this feels
odd
for a while now, and kept drawing a blank.

I may not want to vote CDB right now, but I very much do want to hear from the slot as soon as possible, either in the form of CDB himself, or a replacement, so I can get where Crayons was coming from.

And I just realised that the CDB vote is a red herring:
What's pinging my weirdometer is his blank vote for TTH.

Crayons' entrance made me feel like Llama and Onion were his top two scumreads, with TTH somewhat less so.
He seemed to be pushing Onion with some conviction, and, without an explanation for today's vote, it feels like it could be motivated by how easy lynching her might be. :o

If it weren't for the super-weird NK making me paranoid, I'd have jumped on this wagon immediately.
As it stands, I'd like to ask Crayons' to elaborate on TTH, and how his read on her compared to onion changed since day 2, please.

Likewise, would it be okay if I asked for your opinion on Crayons, TTH? :]
Thanks!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@onion:

In post 912, onion wrote:Llama and Prawn had bouts, and Prawn isn't Tripod, so this is scumish.

In post 912, onion wrote:Llama suspected TTH+Prawn, and we should at least have a passing interest in his suspicious, being confirmed town and all.

These are the same points w/r/t prawn.

Confirmed town arguing with <unconfirmed alignment player> is not alignment indicative as to the unconfirmed player.

Actually read the Llama/prawn debate and tell me you don't come out agreeing with prawn.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Derangement:
I'm going to answer your questions about reads with quotes because the answers are already ITT.

In post 915, Derangement wrote:

odd

So you're searching for a reason to find me scummy, couldn't do it on your own, and are now opening it up to the thread to come up with a "good enough" justification for you to jump onto?

In post 915, Derangement wrote:Crayons' entrance made me feel like Llama and Onion were his top two scumreads, with TTH somewhat less so.
He seemed to be pushing Onion with some conviction, and, without an explanation for today's vote, it feels like it could be motivated by how easy lynching her might be.

In post 881, Green Crayons wrote:That is, just that so many folks from across my suspicions spectrum are saying that onion isn't scum suggests that I may be the one with the wrong perspective on his play.

In post 915, Derangement wrote:As it stands, I'd like to ask Crayons' to elaborate on TTH, and how his read on her compared to onion changed since day 2, please.

In post 841, Green Crayons wrote:I guess I should do my TTH case, just to put it out there and because ~*~ ego-stroke ~*~, but I really don't have the time and energy for the real deal tonight or, likely, tomorrow.

It's basically I agree with CDB's early suspicions of TTH's play, and then her complete detachment from the game is not the TTH-town I know and love, and therefore I think it might be TTH-scum not wanting to play because it isn't nearly as fun as being town.

In post 888, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 859, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 854, Derangement wrote:I think I might help with that, actually, if nothing changes with her next post. :]

Nothing's going to change. Go ahead.

I also have no intention of claiming.

I thought there was another post, but this is what is giving me pause on my TTH read.

TTH-scum is petulant and stubborn? Like, that's a bad scum strategy. Has that ever worked?

In post 914, Green Crayons wrote:I forgot to turn off my reaction-to-pressure gauge. It's consistently broken in an inconsistent manner.
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:21 am

Post by prawneater »

In post 912, onion wrote:so, Tripod and Llama had bouts early on, but that's because tripod is tripod, thus null. Llama's track was accurate, and Tripod really didn't go anywhere N1. that's townish.

Llama and Prawn had bouts, and Prawn isn't Tripod, so this is scumish.

we still have a not both Prawn and sns.

Llama suspected TTH+Prawn, and we should at least have a passing interest in his suspicious, being confirmed town and all.

GIF also voted for TTH. we have enough confirmed townies for vote analysis to maybe be useful. i'll do that.

This isn't good logic. Town fight amongst each other all the time.

The reason Tripod is prob town is the tracking, not his interactions with Llama.

I don't know if GIF was even reading the game. That said, I could sheep his ghost vote on TTH.
You're not a real lawyer.
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:35 am

Post by prawneater »

In post 802, Green Crayons wrote:
Onion Case

1. Over-Posting.
By posting way too many (convoluted, repetitive) words, onion has become invisible to half+ of the thread.

Why it's alignment indicative:
He's getting a free pass by having folks glaze over his posts, and therefore his suspicious play isn't getting scrutiny. I think it traces back to , which, as others noted at the time, is basically THINGS HAPPENED. After getting criticized on failing to put out too little substantive input, onion now churns out geyers of words about his thoughts and feelings about the game. Moreover, those thoughts are convoluted, abstract, or logic-symbol based. It's an informational overload that most people aren't reading
because it actively turns people away
. It's also not really useful, it's mostly just THOUGHTS ABOUT THINGS.

Examples:
, , , , , , , , , , .

2. Using "post-flip associative tells" to justify votes.
onion continually puts forth a "if we lynch X, we'll get info about Y regardless of X's alignment!" justification behind his votes.

For basically every player, their post-flip reveal will help deduce associative tells for other players with varying degrees of probative value. And this reason is, in and of itself, not based on the lynchee's alignment. Thus, this is an unobtrusive/universal filler excuse to lynch someone, and onion uses it excessively. Emphasizing such a basis to push a vote is what scum would do, because it's easy.

Examples:
, , , , , , , , , .

3. Baiting UT.
onion continually baits UT with snide remarks about UT's (in)ability to competently play.

It makes another player go apeshit, which draws negative attention to that other player. There's a difference between finding another player's play/style anti-town or whatever, but onion's digs really look like he's actively trying to get UT to have a meltdown.

Examples:
, , , , , , , , .

4. Appears to have knowledge about Llama's alignment.
caught my eye during my read through, because I thought onion was saying that CDB being on Llama's wagon, pre-Llama flip, was suspicious. This looked like onion had tipped his hand about knowing Llama's (town) alignment. Rereading, though, I see that in , onion is saying that all slots on any bandwagon (except first and hammer) are suspicious.

I still think this points to a scum perspective, and knowledge about Llama's alignment. I'm not convinced this universal aspect of the theory in Post 180 really allays my suspicions about onion preemptively suspecting the folks on Llama's bandwagon. Assuming for the sake of argument that all slots on a town bandwagon are scummy, per onion's theory, that wouldn't hold true for slots on a scum bandwagon. That is, onion has taken a questionable principle that applies to reviewing
town bandwagons
, and has preemptively applied it to Llama's bandwagon while also still suspecting Llama.

5. Rolefishing.
I agree with UT. looks like rolefishing, not some failed attempt at a reaction test like TTH theorizes. and confirm this suspicion.

role. fishing.

Do you guys like GC's case on Onion? I find that I don't agree with many of the points. Last game I played with GC, he was scum and had to make cases out of necessity. And at least one of them was really contrived. I might have that same feeling again with the Onion case.

I don't think points 1 and 3 are scum-indicative.
2 is a maybe for me. The posts GC linked are some of Onion's classic logic walls, but I get town vibes when I read those.
4 might be a forced point on GC's part. I think I follow (but don't agree with) Onion's logic that any D1 wagon that forms quickly has scum on it and there are certain slots that are scummier than others. To call it a scum-slip is reaching maybe?
5 I don't like Onion's play either, but I wouldn't paint it as scum trying to role-fish. I think it's simply too dumb of a play for scum and I can picture town-Onion thinking "oh this play is clever and will help town".
You're not a real lawyer.
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Derangement »

In post 917, Green Crayons wrote:
@Derangement:
I'm going to answer your questions about reads with quotes because the answers are already ITT.

In post 915, Derangement wrote:

odd

So you're searching for a reason to find me scummy, couldn't do it on your own, and are now opening it up to the thread to come up with a "good enough" justification for you to jump onto?

Quite the opposite, actually. :]

You'll notice I wrote that in the
past
Your votes were looking strange to me, and I didn't voice it aloud until I figured out why they were bothering me, because I didn't want to be influenced, and possibly misled, by others.

I find your choice of interpretation is interesting.

That said, thanks for answering :)
Even being entirely made of quotes, it still helps explain things, and tells us that there are no new reasons aside from those.
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:46 am

Post by Derangement »

In post 919, prawneater wrote:
Do you guys like GC's case on Onion? I find that I don't agree with many of the points. Last game I played with GC, he was scum and had to make cases out of necessity. And at least one of them was really contrived. I might have that same feeling again with the Onion case.

I don't think points 1 and 3 are scum-indicative.
2 is a maybe for me. The posts GC linked are some of Onion's classic logic walls, but I get town vibes when I read those.
4 might be a forced point on GC's part. I think I follow (but don't agree with) Onion's logic that any D1 wagon that forms quickly has scum on it and there are certain slots that are scummier than others. To call it a scum-slip is reaching maybe?
5 I don't like Onion's play either, but I wouldn't paint it as scum trying to role-fish. I think it's simply too dumb of a play for scum and I can picture town-Onion thinking "oh this play is clever and will help town".

I couldn't spot any outright falsehood or misrep.
What makes me not agree with the conclusion Crayons had about Onion's alignment is how a great many of those reasons are circumstancial, or open to different interpretations.

Sure, if you already think onion is scum, then those explanations work.
But I think a better label would have been
"why this might be alignment indicative"
, since I can also think of non-scum reasons for what Onion did.

The one point GC raised that I really can't agree with was 4, as I pointed out day 2.
It feels like reaching, and in hindsight can be turned around just as well, to say
GC
knew Llama was town, and was building a case on onion based on that, even while llama was one of his scumreads.
Does that sound more convincing when
I
say it? :P
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by onion »

blah busy busy, vote analysis got half done yesterday, i'll fisnish to tonight. the middle-seats-are-scummy system cares not for the random voting stage and treats them just like any other vote. this is because scum don't actually make random votes, and that's who we're trying to catch.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by onion »

Vote analysis (as of dawn of day 3)

-=Was in a suspicious middle seat this many times=-
9 - Tripod
6 - Derangement
5 - GC
4 - onion
4 - prawn
3 - TTH
2 - CBD

-=Placed a vote on NJAC, GIF, Llama or Equinox this many times=-
6 - TTH
5 - Tripod
4 - onion
4 - prawn
3 - Derangement
3 - GC
2 - CBD

-=Tipping points=-
Day 1, the tipping point is either 3rd or 4th vote. i'll list both.

D1 Page-1-Llamawagon, 3rd was Equinox(017), 4th was Prawn(025).
D1 Wagon-of-Onions, 3rd was CBD(142), 4th was Derangement(154).
D1 Abandoned-Marquis-Wagon, 3rd was Derangement(262), 4th was Tripod(309).
D1 Prawn-o-Wagon, 3rd was Tripod(388), 4th was Derangement(425).
D1 Revenge-of-the-Wagon-of-Onions, 3rd was Equinox(466), 4th was GC(473).
D1 Tracker-Revealing-Llamawagon, 3rd was me(566), 4th was CBD(567), then TTH moved his vote to NJAC(603) and Prawn put a 4th on llama(615).
D1 NJAC-Lynch-Wagon, 3rd was Derangement(604), 4th was me(636).
D2 Llamahate-Wagon, 3rd vote is Prawn(866).

-=Town Tippers=-
3 - Prawn
2 - Derangement +1 if you count me as town.
2 - onion
1 - CBD +1 if you count me as town.
1 - Tripod
0 - GC +1 if you count me as town.
0 - TTH

-=-

Me, Tripod, Prawn and Derangement show up in the top half of those lists. Tripod shows because he's tripod and i'm not scum, so Prawn and Derangement are the mathematically scummy ones? or something like that.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by onion »

i'll dig up what the last reads from each confirmed townie were too. that might be useful.

NJAC in his one useful post fingered Llama and TTH.

GIF had to go way back (242) to find this, but he lists Prawn, NJAC and GC.

Llama was obvious, which is nice at least TTH + Prawn, Those are your two.

Equinox in 872 fingers Llama and TTH.

so 3 out of 4 doctors recommend TTH. that's something to think about. oh and also the good ol' Cogito List Case! Where's that?!

-=Cogito List=- (017)
ChannelDelibird
Equinox (town)
GuyInFreezer (town)
LlamaFluff (town)
Untrod Tripod

That's a point against CBD right there.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”