ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

To illustrate the point, imagine a game where someone claims D2 "I was roleblocked last night" and another person makes a post assuming scum roleblocked him.

Sure, it's potentially a reasonable assumption (let's just assume for argument's sake, it is). But there are other possibilities. And it's far from impossible that the person making the post about scum roleblocking the other person is doing so because he's conscious of his team roleblocking that person (essentially, a borderline slip based on thinking town will assume this is what happened).

It's also possible it's coming from a town player who is making the assumption. But it's not any more or less likely. At least not without context.

And the context in this specific game was an awkward, somewhat out-of-place post that didn't add much (anything) of value to the game. I suppose it could come from (perhaps misguided) town thinking it was a good idea to discuss. Or it could come from scum thinking he was contributing in some way by mentioning it, even though it's really a silly thing to talk about as town.

This last paragraph is where my issue with it lies.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In any case, I would prefer Zymf talks more about his reads and why he has them than speculation about Sachiko.

His last post ignored some questions to him and I'm not even sure how much of the game he's read since the only read he's given (a scum read) was from something that happened in the first couple pages of the game.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Witness Protection »

In post 324, White Narcissus wrote:whatever. Zymf is town

~Wis

I quickly changed my sometime Day 2 to a Town read in "that other game" I was reading. I've reread him here, and though "that other game" has raised my expectation of him, I haven't come to the conclusion that he's Town here yet.

So far, he's in either alignment territory. Nothing he's said is something scum couldn'/wouldn't say/do.

pedits Reading.
""It seems very pretty," she said when she'd finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!" (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! Somebody killed something: that's clear
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

If you're talking about an ongoing game, stop.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Blah. I was reading that Road to Road game that Zymf played in. I started out scum reading him, but quickly decided he was ObTown (in that game).

He hasn't done that here and seeing his play that time, I expect something from him. Not filler.

pedit Nope, a Road to Road game that's done.
""It seems very pretty," she said when she'd finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!" (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! Somebody killed something: that's clear
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:50 pm

It's N1571 if anyone wants to check his awesome Town play out. *Not sarcastic*.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by White Narcissus »

You can't meta off one game. People are not machines, they play differently from game to game.

~Wis
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 pm

True, but he did good that game. It raises my expectations. *Fallacy of Proof of Proficiency* and all that.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Besides I found him suspect. That's why I read the one game.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:01 pm

What did you find scummy about him?

~Wis
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Loki.

Who's scum?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:13 pm

In post 334, White Narcissus wrote:What did you find scummy about him?

~Wis
Hold on I'll look it up for you. I just finished his ISO, but timing of some of his comments, not saying anything new. Things like that. But I'll be back.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:24 pm

In post 257, Zymf wrote:
In post 7, White Narcissus wrote:VOTE: thor and loki

policy, too dangerous if scum
I generally dislike people who play based on meta... But I like the way he questions everything and doesn't just "go with the flow"

In post 69, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 51, White Narcissus wrote:Also you've guys spent 2 pages already discussing deadlines and pseudovotes rather than actually scumhunting, save a couple, why? (Mostly directed at Zelink and Taly)

But where is there to scum hunt (at the time of this post?), some casual conversation's a great place to start getting base line reads. Then we go from there.
But
I do want me some scum!
Though, that last part sounds a bit scummy imo
FoS: Witness Protection

I think a timelimit of 2-3 days would be enough to decide who to lynch. The longer we wait, the more time we give Shinozaki Sachiko and her team to defend and manipulate the conversation.

I don't like most of this post. The first sentence is an "I like but don't like" or vice versa statement.

The suspicion on me was something already stated by someone else, but weakly pushed.

I've only played Mafia online, here. A 2-3 Day sounds impossible. To me, it seems scum would want to speedlynch and would want to help facilitate that. This alone was enough for me.

In post 258, Zymf wrote:Also, on the first couple of pages, people were wondering how many percentages Shinozaki Sachiko and her team could give a single person overnight, and to this I want to add:
- We don't know if they even add percentages at all.. maybe they multiply all percentages by 10 or something.

Useless speculation, already gone over. We won't know til Twilight (if I've read the rules right) or the next Day.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:26 pm

In post 337, Witness Protection wrote:To me, it seems scum would want to speedlynch and would want to help facilitate that.

Are you aware there is a darkening mechanic?

~Wis
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:30 pm

More than aware.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Do you think that "The Darkening" can make people honest?
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Then you do comprehend that we should lynch as soon as possible?

~Wis
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

By the way, there really is no excuse for anyone not (pseudo)voting to still not be (pseudo)voting. If we're aiming for a lynch within four or six days (now three or five), it doesn't help having a lot of people sitting on the sidelines.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Say, by becoming suddenly, unexplicatively, much Darker. That'll make one honest.

pedits Sure, let's come to a concensus.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

What's the current vote count?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:44 pm

@ Zelink I haven't read the posts at the top of this page yet, but I will. Can you do a pvote count?
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:46 pm

I guess I have to be more direct because you don't appear to be understanding.

You accuse someone for wanting to lynch quickly when we HAVE TO lynch quickly.

~Wis
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Witness Protection is that post your entire case on Zymf?
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

I haven't updated it because it hasn't changed since , which wasn't that many pages ago.

Unless I missed something somewhere.

For easy reference,

Pseudo-Votecount 1.5

Taly (2)
: ,
Loki and Thor (1)
:
Skold (1)
:
ZeL1nK2 (1)
:
SXTLHGaiden (1)
:
notscience (1)
:
Witness Protection (1)
:

Not Pseudo-Voting (6):
Ankamius, ZZZX, Mikazuki, lufan131, Witness Protection,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to Pseudo-lynch. We're aiming for a lynch within (expired on 2015-04-03 14:00:00).
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:49 pm

@ Zelink That iop post is pure WIFOM. I had to read it a couple of times. I guess I'm tired.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”