onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by onion »

so in conclusion

Prawn - had bouts with Llama, was suspected by GIF and Llama, chief town tipper.
TTH - 3 out of 4 doctors, loved voting for townies.
CBD - Cogito List, very lurky.
Derangement - Strangely shows up on vote analysis, doesn't get NK'd even though i'd NK him if i were scum.
Tripod - got tracked.
GC - is awesome.

Give me things to add.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

This kind of micro analyzing of individual wagons based purely off of global average wagon placement assumes mafia is a game of robots and scum try to pick time and again the perfect analytical townie vote placement (which your one secret that mafia scum hate!, and have deduced without scum knowing it? or they know it and yet are unable to resist succumbing to its wiles?).

Like, give me an argument to chew on why X player on Y placement of Z wagon any day, and I'll let you know how that racks up in terms of suspicious quality given the particular circumstances and human psyche of the situation.

But this type of averaging of suspicion has a bunch of assumption flaws that I could probably articulate more clearly if I were not inebriated and checking the internet for internet games at 1 in the morning.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh hey you also posted on a new page. Additional response:

So in conclusion

I AM awesome. Thank you for noticing. My door is always open to complements, because my ego can never inflate so large that it will pop. I will just become so bloated with electronic obnoxiousness that I will clog up the tubes that run the internet and your precious internet mafia will be crashed. Praise me and suffer the consequences.

Also, I'm uncomfortable with the process which got you to your suspicions of other folks. Because of the aforementioned reasons. I feel like I should point to prawn as an example, but thinking is hard at the moment and I'll just stick with: actually real the prawn v. Llama, and you'll read prawn-town arguing with Llama-town, regardless of what your average-vote-placement machine spits out.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by onion »

GC916 "Actually read the Llama/prawn debate and tell me you don't come out agreeing with prawn."
oh haven't done this yet.

also what is sheeping?

also also add to the lists

Prawn - + Not scum with GC
Tripod - + is tripod.

although i did like Prawn's 919.

also also also i'm not liking Derangement posts lately. 905 contains a question for me about not lynching equinox, which he then dropped, and 915 contains questions for GC which are then dropped in 920. it kinda looks like showing off bait cases to see who bites. maybe its scumhunting though.

and @GC, its not that its a scum hunting tech on its own, but that vote analysis, if i can figure out how to do it right, could point out people working against town win-con and show evidence against them. so for scum to avoid showing up on it, they'd have to tone down their scum-win-con actions, which is good for town either way. either it points out scum, or it makes them play nice. that being said, i'm not sure i'm doing it right. the numbers are right, but i've yet to figure out acceptable lists to include. i think the best way to do it would be to have 5-8 lists that detect scum-win-con actions, and then have a metalist about the people most often at the top of the other lists. its a work in progress.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

This game makes me keep squinting at the screen because I'm not sure of how to respond to what people are saying.

Just how experienced are you at the game of mafia, onion? I see a reg date of 2009 but you're asking about sheeping (following another player's vote/suspicions without critically adding additional reasons) and the "right" way to do a vote analysis.

I don't mean this pejoratively, because whether 1 day or 100 years you can not suck at this, so I'm not trying to say I doubt your abilities. I ask only to put in a frame of reference of how I should be interpreting your posts.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 919, prawneater wrote:Do you guys like GC's case on Onion?

Yes, it is quite good.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 920, Derangement wrote:uite the opposite, actually. :]

You'll notice I wrote that in the past.
Your votes were looking strange to me, and I didn't voice it aloud until I figured out why they were bothering me, because I didn't want to be influenced, and possibly misled, by others.

I find your choice of interpretation is interesting.

Uh.

"I've been trying to figure out why this feels odd for a while now, and kept drawing a blank."

I'm not going to bust out my google.com English grammatical resource that would be validated by my worthless English degree, but I'm fairly certain that you have at least an ongoing-into-the-present tense in there somewhere.

But, to quote my totally awesome 5 year old goddaughter?

REALLY?

You want to fight over a grammatical syntax as a buffer to my accusation in all but name that you're scum posturing?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Too many question marks in there.

I definitely quoted my 5 year old goddaughter.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

TTH onion CDB derangement

lynch pool

Would kick CDB out before onion just because I agreed with him earlier w/r/t TTH suspicions, and by god I'm trusting just-replaced-in-GC at least somewhat.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Want that CDB update though.

YOU'RE WELCOME THREAD, I HAVE POSTED ALL OF THE POSTS.

Good night.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:49 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Three Vote Count #2

TellTaleHeart – 1 – Green Crayons

With
alive it takes
lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is
April 8, 2015 at 6:35 AM PST

Not Voting - 6 - ChannelDelibird, Derangement, onion, prawneater, TellTaleHeart, Untrod Tripod

Countdown
: (expired on 2015-04-08 06:35:00)

I will be V/LA through 3/30/2015.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Derangement »

In post 928, onion wrote:also also also i'm not liking Derangement posts lately. 905 contains a question for me about not lynching equinox, which he then dropped, and 915 contains questions for GC which are then dropped in 920. it kinda looks like showing off bait cases to see who bites. maybe its scumhunting though.

I was asking for clarification about where each of you stands, regarding some other player.
That kind of information is hardly sufficient to make a scum case on anyone, but I'm hoping it'll help me narrow down which
pairs
of people can or can't be the scum pair together, based on their interactions, and whether one of the two could have come up with the NKs. :]

Put simply, my reads differ enough from UK's that we can't both be right, and yet I've got a decent town read on him.
So I'm trying to find a different angle from which to look at our scum-reads, to see which ones don't make sense under that new light.
Still need TTH's and CDB's feedback, though.
Your friendly neighbourhood Derangement, or Dee for short.
May contain traces of nuts.
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Derangement »

In post 931, Green Crayons wrote:
REALLY?

You want to fight over a grammatical syntax as a buffer to my accusation in all but name that you're scum posturing?

That'd be silly. :P
I'm trying to clear up any misconceptions that may have occurred.

To rephrase what I was trying to say:

I thought there was something odd about those posts, and couldn't quite put my finger on it.
Then I realised the reason wasn't the CDB vote/unvote, but rather the fact that my mental image of GC would have favoured a different vote.

So I made to find out why
that
was. :]
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 933, Green Crayons wrote:TTH onion CDB derangement

lynch pool

Would kick CDB out before onion just because I agreed with him earlier w/r/t TTH suspicions, and by god I'm trusting just-replaced-in-GC at least somewhat.

Ugh.

Not confident about this now that I'm seeing it in the light of day.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:56 am

Post by onion »

drunking posting is cool
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Derangement »

In post 939, onion wrote:drunking posting is cool

Drunk/sleepy posting is pretty amazing. :D

People will often come up with completely different approaches, compared to their usual selves, with bonus points if those are also accompanied by scum slipping. :P
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by prawneater »

VOTE: Green Crayons
You're not a real lawyer.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by onion »

prawn, why do think that votes without stating your reasons are acceptable at this point? we've been getting screwed by this the entire game, and yet here we are on page 38 thousand and still you do this. but i guess you want us to ask you why you voted every fucking time you vote, so fine.

Hey prawn, mind telling us your thoughts on the situation? why are you voting for GC?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:20 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Was out for the weekend. Apologies, will post sometime.
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Derangement »

Come back to us, CDB.
Pweeease?
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 am

Post by onion »

only scum would post pandas
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Derangement »

In post 945, onion wrote:only scum would post pandas

I considered "happy cat has run out of happy", but sad panda is a better wording for my thoughts on CDB. :P
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:13 am

Post by prawneater »

I think my reasons for voting GC should be clear.

@TTH Please help town out with some great D3 play and maybe not prodge so much?
You're not a real lawyer.
Derangement
Derangement
Goon
Derangement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Derangement »

Seriously, though.
While this game's special deadline rule helps prevent no-lynching, I still think it's in our best interests to avoid stalling the day to that point, since all that does is allow a
smaller
group of players to decide whom to lynch, meaning scum won't need to work as hard to ensure a mislynch goes through. :?

@mod: Could we please prod the players who haven't posted in 3+ days?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I showed my ass last time I posted, and don't really have much else to say since then, so.

Posting.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”