Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Is a field agent investigating a site something that only takes an hour? I know Yogurt did it, but I'm not sure how long it took him.

Anyway, yeah, I agree that it would be a good idea for one of the SIA's to watch Hizbollah.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:27 am

Post by Guardian »

Is the place that was attacked in DC? If not, couldn't it be completely unrelated?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmmm...reading over the list of terrorist groups, al-Ikhwan is also a possibility for a group that would want to take terrorist action against Israel, I just noticed that they supported Hamas in Palestine.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian: I suppose it could be unconected, but whenver some other random terrorist act happens during a season of 24 (a plane blows up, someone blows up CTU headquarters, ect), isn't it generally connected to the plotline?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

CrashTextDummie wrote: Therefore, I think there are 2 questions we have to consider:
1. Should we stop concentrating on just one win condition, and start putting resources towards keeping Jack safe and helping him find the bomb in addition to scum hunting?

I personally think the answer is yes. So far, we're down one townie and have gathered zero useful cop info as far as I'm aware. Considering we're already 1 quarter into the game, that's pretty bad. And we're at least another 5 hours away from getting anything in that regard, and only if (and it's a big if) the scum don't fuck us over again.
Ok, fair enough.

Well, the two most useful things I can think of to do to help Jack find the bomb are to have the field agents (or some of the field agents) checking out sites in DC, and having the SIAs listen in on the terrorist networks. Looking back at the list of powers we have in the first post, I don't see a whole lot else; looks like the NSA guy can investigate a location with satalite recon, but that's probably slower and less efficent then just sending a field agent there; and I don't see any other abilites that look all that helpful at finding the bomb or finding the terrorists until after we get some better info or until after we capture someone.

2. Is there any way we can stop another hacking attempt, or other unforseen scum shenanigans?

We have tools to stop nightkills, and battle the scum on the traditional win condition. Do we have tools to mess with them on the other front as well? I'm only really familiar with my own role (or rather my ex- and soon to be again role), so I trust each one of you to know this better than I do. If you have suggestions on that front, speak up please.
Yeah, if anyone has any ideas on that front, I'd like to hear them.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yos, I don't know if you have more information than me or something, because I would have no clue where to start with all this 'Jack' stuff.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Look at this post by Pooky:
Modnote: The Lag Time for the Liason Role means that you can't schuffle people in and out of the Liason roles while a certain action is being performed, the Liason has to be alive and be the Liason for as many hours as the lag is in order to complete an action.
Does this really mean you
can't
shuffle people in and out of roles during lagged actions, or does this mean you
shouldn't
shuffle people in and out of lagged action roles?

If the answer is "can't" then those actions should have completed.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xdaamno wrote:Yos, I don't know if you have more information than me or something, because I would have no clue where to start with all this 'Jack' stuff.
No, I don't really either, unfortunatly. I don't have any special information. All I know is what was in the mod post; the bomb is somewhere in DC, and it's being hidden by one of those terrorist groups, and it sounds like we've got a lot of roles that can pressure a terrorst to talk if we can find out who he is or capture him.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

OTM: Hmm, well in the mod post where he's talking about the counter-intel role, Pooky does say that if an investigation is interupted that it will have to be re-started.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Eyceking »

OTM,

I said I DID put an action in. But
all
State... positions, or whatever, take 4 hours to complete any action. So I had started something, I just needed another 3 (or 2, if my pressure worked, I doubt I would be informed if it did) hours to see what came of it :p
What are you pressing select for? You don't got time to make a profile!
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Eyceking »

Uh, missed this page. That was in response to Post 972.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Eyceking »

I'm wondering though if we sent in our actions in Hour 1, does that mean they don't start until the beginning of Hour 2? That would have meant we would have had to hold place until the end of Hour 5 (Hours 2, 3, 4 and 5 having completely elapsed) to get results.

Otherwise, if Hour 1 is counted as contributing to the 4 hour time limit for an action, then people were still in their positions at the end of Hour 4 and it wasn't until the beginning of Hour 5 that they were moved - and so they should have got their results.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, according to the mod:
Pooky wrote: If you begin investigating player X at hour 1, the investigation will be done by the beginning of hour 5 and you can foward the results to a chosen crypto agent at that point. you may not send multiple results to multiple crypto agents.
And it was hour 4 I was hacked. According to the mod, the positions were switched at the end of hour 4.
Pooky wrote: CrashTextDummy has switched Jobs with Guardian Effective End of Hour 4

EyceKing has switched Jobs with Xdamno Effective End of Hour 4
I've read over basically everyting the mod's said about the subject, trying to figure out exactally what happened, and I'm afraid we're SOL. :(
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Eyceking »

Well then if they can do it once they can do it again - this effectively renders Field Agents in the bodyguard role as useless because the scum don't need to kill in order to upset the investigations being carried out.

I think it more important now we have as many people investigating as many things as possible in order to get information. The scum can't stop us all so it may be the best way forward.

That is unless we come up with a way to stop the hacking from occurring again, although it may be there is some sort of "Scum Hacker" role and we need to arrest the right person to stop it happening again. Or lynch them - but lynching is more permanent and we need to be sure if we're going to lynch whereas with arrests the person can be brought back at a later time.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eyceking wrote:Well then if they can do it once they can do it again - this effectively renders Field Agents in the bodyguard role as useless because the scum don't need to kill in order to upset the investigations being carried out.
For the most part, I suppose, although we still don't really want cryptos with multiple hours of SIA info getting killed.

As OTM mentioned, he discussed it with me in private and he is currently investigating a place in DC for scum activity; I think he picked the white house as a likely terrorist target and is checking that out now. I figured there was no point in him continuing to protect the cops after the switch, when they weren't even the cops any more.
That is unless we come up with a way to stop the hacking from occurring again, although it may be there is some sort of "Scum Hacker" role and we need to arrest the right person to stop it happening again. Or lynch them - but lynching is more permanent and we need to be sure if we're going to lynch whereas with arrests the person can be brought back at a later time.
That's a possibility, if we're dealing with a "scum hacker" style role. The problem with arresting people rather then lynching them is that we won't find out their alignment if they get arrested. Well, that, and the fact that having the FBI arrest someone is a 4 hour operation and thus just as vulerable as cop investigations.

Like I said, if it looks like we might not get off enough lynches to catch all the scum before the game ends, we might be able to can use FBI arrests to get an extra lynch or two in before time runs out, but in general I think we'd be better off just lynching people.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:45 am

Post by Off the Mark »

We need to lynch hour 6 - I am pretty confident Frozen Atlantic is scum. Let's get voting.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Eyceking »

It would have been a 3 hour operation.

*grumbles*
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

We can't let Yosarian get away with screwing us over like that.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert... where are you? Are you alright? Do I need to call 911? I have these friends, they are very nice, that have long white coats, and they have a nice white coat for you too, it even has very long sleeves, just for you.

Detox and get it together...
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Investigation results - I am fairly certain the White House is clear of nuclear weapons, but it is possible that I'm wrong.

So, I don't know how helpful that is. :(
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmm. That's interesting, I guess.

It's kind of funny, though; Yogurt sounded pretty sure about the Jefferson mamorial. Was there some flavor to explain why you weren't sure? Is the white house just too big or something?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Guardian »

YogurtBandit wrote:I investigated a target site (Jefferson memorial) and The bomb is not there,
most likely
I'm guessing they both got the same kind of PM?
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah, that is interesting.

Reading back over Yogurt's posts, he also mentioned "he had a chance to investigate more but didn't". Is that about how your ability worked, Guardian?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:Is that about how your ability worked, Guardian?
Yeah, I did get an opportunity to investigate further in my role as FA, but it would have taken another hour.

Yos2, do you think I should have spent the time to be 100%?
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Actually, that question was supposed to be directed at OTM, heh. My mistake.

Not quite sure what you meant by that response...when were you a field agent, Guardian? Am I missing something?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”