Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.21Aeronaut (5) - Zachrulez, Regfan, Llamarble, Cogito Ergo Sum, Oversoul
Psyche (2) - Antihero, theelkspeaks
ika (1) - Cheery Dog
Oversoul (1) - BlueBloodedToffee
theelkspeaks (1) - Aeronaut

Not Voting (3) - Psyche, Ankamius, ika

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, April 13, 2015, at 9:00 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-04-13 21:00:00).

Moderator CommentsAeronaut is V/LA until April 8.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 523, Llamarble wrote:Still hoping for Aero Ank Cheery team.

the only one of those three that MIGHT be ok is aero but that's mitigated by him being from EM player and it's a close call

i like tth's reads better can we do those?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 525, Equinox wrote:Aeronaut (5) - Zachrulez, Regfan, Llamarble, Cogito Ergo Sum, Oversoul

mmmmmmmmmmmm

wagon composition isn't anything to write home about either
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 524, Antihero wrote:
In post 394, Zachrulez wrote:I don't think I have any playing experience with anyone other than you so expecting me to know the meta of your team is a bit unfair.

so you think it's unfair to substantiate the crux of your case...?

/kill me

It's less a case and more an icky feeling.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 527, Antihero wrote:
In post 525, Equinox wrote:Aeronaut (5) - Zachrulez, Regfan, Llamarble, Cogito Ergo Sum, Oversoul

wagon composition isn't anything to write home about either

Wat
If BBT and Elk joined, this might become the towniest wagons I've ever been part of...
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:42 am

Post by Llamarble »

Arrgh. wagon.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Llamarble »

This pre-twilight thing we have going is fun but I would like to do something other than refreshing this thread hoping for le flip.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 516, Equinox wrote:
Antihero has been prodded.

I don't like this at all. I think this is the type of behavior that Anti scum would do.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 483, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Response;

3) OK, but you brought forward a few points for elk!Scum, which seemed to suggest he should be stronger than null-scum. What you have said in this post also allows you to revisit your 'scum read' at a later date as you have left it wide open.

4) You 'may not have been
as vocal
', I don't think you were vocal at all. So, you wasn't happy with Zach's play (does this translate into a scum read or not?) but you didn't want to express this opinion. I don't understand why you would play like that.

5) My point is it's scummy.

6) You actually said that post "
reads really town to me
". So
really town
doesn't really translate into a scum read.

7/8) Me and my team had a good laugh about ABR scum-coaching me. It was good fun.
ABR also said he is hyper-aggressive as town and much less so as scum. But self-meta so whatever.

9) What you're essentially doing here is saying that I have been tunneling and this is another misrep. I have not been hyper aggressive over any one point. I think this is pretty evident from a quick glance of my ISO.

10) You accused me of talking about theory with
everyone
. This is most definitely
not
what I have been doing. I'm not denying I haven't spent time talking about the dreaded tokens, because I have, and from reading it appears to have been a waste of time. But I have certainly done much, much more than that.

To accuse me of not contributing is kind of funny given what you have done so far this game.

I'm not sure why people are suddenly town reading Oversoul because he made a wall of quotes. Did anyone actually read what he wrote? So much of it is filled with fluff.

3 - Yes. But as I said, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sure, when I do that call me out on it then. Have I done that? No. You're seeing ghosts.
4 - It is how I play so that scum can't adjust their play accordingly (if I am right about a person or wrong about a person). Posts addressed to players are not in a vacuum.

Let me explain with an example.

If I am calling Equinox scum for lurking and coasting, regardless of whether or not I am right OR wrong about Equinox's alignment, Zoraster the actual scum will see that I suspect people who lurk and coast. Thus, Zoraster will not lurk or coast so that *I* don't get suspicious of him. That is why I tend to keep things to myself. Moreover, if I call someone out, they know not to do that in the future. Letting people do their thing shows what they are naturally inclined to do for that game. Scum are not naturally inclined to be helpful, post, scumhunt, etc. Townies will do that on their own.

5 - You think it is scummy, yet you also think that the slot is scum. Is it not possible that we both see his actions as scummy? You've said relatively little about Aero in your iso other than passing comments about Aero doing nothing and you don't like Aero. Before asking you point blank about Aero being scum your only true indication about his alignment was an answer to who you thought was scum, which was me and Ank and then "Maybe Aero as well". Yet you think I am scummy for the way *I* "left the door open for a vote on Aero"?

6 - ONE post was really town. Not all of your posts. ONE. When I posted that wall, with that comment, you had 72 posts. ONE post out of SEVENTY-TWO does not make you town.

7/8 - Fair. I've accepted that I might be wrong on that front and I do admit that it has weakened the strength of my read on you, but it is still something that I can see happening. I would expect any team worth its salt in this tournament to coach its weaker members who drew scum (not implying you are a weaker member but I know ABR is a decent player and I've never played with you).

9 - I think that you can characterize a lot of your early game play about acting aggressive over the token discussion. Do you disagree with that specific description? Or was the thing with Regfan just a minor blip?

10 - I concede that comment was heat of the moment and I had my blinders on, but from my perspective a substantial portion of your posts were in some way related to that topic. I am reconsidering my stance on you because normally scum do not go toe-to-toe with me in these wall/quote wars. They often tend to give up or find conciliatory ways out of explanations/having to discuss these things with me.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 529, Llamarble wrote:Wat
If BBT and Elk joined, this might become the towniest wagons I've ever been part of...

my only townread on the wagon is regfan

everyone else is firmly in the bleh territory
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 532, Oversoul wrote:
In post 516, Equinox wrote:
Antihero has been prodded.

I don't like this at all. I think this is the type of behavior that Anti scum would do.

His play feels very much like he's just trying to scrape some posting by.

I don't care for the Aeronaut is an OK suspect but I hate the wagon stick. If you think we should be going in another direction, you should be pointing that out quite strongly at this point. Instead it just looks like anti is posturing for day 2.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Antihero »

i don't care for you not trying to distinguish between me being swamped and lurking
AND
acting like there's some kind of inconsistency here

i'm saying i'm not enthused about the aero wagon and everything i've said is consistent with that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

You're clearly here and able to respond, so you are clearly able to present an alternative course of action if you dislike where we're headed so much.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Antihero »

i am

In post 526, Antihero wrote:i like tth's reads better can we do those?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 506, theelkspeaks wrote:
In post 505, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 491, theelkspeaks wrote:ika's play here feels kinda like some of his play in Hilariously Unbalanced 2, where he was town (in a hydra with mollie) - in that game he went back and forth between super-argumentative and the way he's playing here.

that's a decent part of why I think his wagon isn't great.

I'm currently the only one on it, does the wagon not being great mean anything towards my alignment?

There seemed to be a couple people thinking about wagoning him, so I was saying I didn't like the idea of wagoning him because

Assume they have also joined, does anything change with who is on in terms of possible scum?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 514, Llamarble wrote:Nacho thinks Aero + Cheery; not so much Ank (combined scum effort against me seems unlikely to him). He provided reassurances for Zachtown (#320 in particular shows the full confidence of never getting lynched hard for Zachscum to demonstrate) and liked the same CES post others have. Also pointed out some townish Psyche posts (groupings post shows thought process; doesn't seem like the type of thing scum would bother with).

I thought the same thing about psyche's group post, but when it aril hadn't been explained/made useful to the rest of it's, it's just random shit.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 515, ika wrote:VOTE: areonaut

more talk tommorow. lets move on with the game you gusy bore me. we can spec about nk tommorow

You want everyone to go through useless crap tomorrow? Unless you're being weird with your kill, what is will there be to speculate on?

"So and so was kilted because scum though they were a vanilla townie"
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 534, Antihero wrote:
In post 529, Llamarble wrote:Wat

my only townread on the wagon is regfan

everyone else is firmly in the bleh territory

That seems odd when he's the one there I'm least confident in being town, but I think that's mostly based on bop as as I expect him to be more obvtown than he had been.

For those interested, I've dropped the town lean I had on aero, the content just isn't coming to keep out there, this means he is now in the null range, I'm still not sure it's the best lynch though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Cheery Dog can die next.

Or even today. I don't care.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Llamarble »

What's wrong with those 4 posts Zach?
Can we get another Aero vote? They're not here, they're not going to be here, we're not actually doing anything right now. BBT / Elk would be my favorite votes to add.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

Let me re-read Aero and get input from my team.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 430, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I'm mostly just not in a particular hurry to lynch anyone.

In post 501, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's probably for this Day to be over.

Vote: Aeronaut

Ika, Psyche, get it done.

In post 510, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 502, Psyche wrote:Are you telling me to wagon Aero

Yarr.

Oversoul, I appreciate Tammy's input but I'm sure I'd also appreciate it on Day 2. Let's not stand still needlessly.

What changed in the span of 48 hours?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Also, for BBT in the morning - what does Titus say ika is town?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by ika »

In post 541, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 515, ika wrote:VOTE: areonaut

more talk tommorow. lets move on with the game you gusy bore me. we can spec about nk tommorow

You want everyone to go through useless crap tomorrow? Unless you're being weird with your kill, what is will there be to speculate on?

"So and so was kilted because scum though they were a vanilla townie"

its more of the /why/ they killed.

i mean if they want to play a ballsy game they could jsut forgo the NK (and hoenstly i would be so amused by the suboptimal play i would laugh so fcukign hard)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 544, Llamarble wrote:What's wrong with those 4 posts Zach?
Can we get another Aero vote? They're not here, they're not going to be here, we're not actually doing anything right now. BBT / Elk would be my favorite votes to add.

I feel that this idea if just having your townie reads on the wagon doesn't make sense. If aeronair flips town that's extra creedence to not look at the people that joined the wagon.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”