SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:16 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I didn't talk about that read for a long time because ms wasn't in the game. Then he comes back day 2 and I start to talk to him. In the meantime I reread stuff and thought about other stuff some more and I thought MS was scum. That changed after the vig though. I'm not sure what you are asking me.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:25 am

Post by ooba »

In post 8575, vezokpiraka wrote:I didn't talk about that read for a long time because ms wasn't in the game. Then he comes back day 2 and I start to talk to him. In the meantime I reread stuff and thought about other stuff some more and I thought MS was scum. That changed after the vig though. I'm not sure what you are asking me.

It's the same thing MS asked you: "how can it slowly dwindle to a major scumread if i was being kidnapped by Bitmap?".

How can a MS change from a mild town to a strong scum read when he wasn't even playing?

"
Then he comes back day 2 and I start to talk to him
. In the meantime I reread stuff and thought about other stuff some more and I thought MS was scum."
You vote MS in your first post of D2. He hadn't even posted after he was back.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:39 am

Post by ooba »

While I'm here - may as well post other findings:

Ceph targetting TD with Deathbane
(Vote Removal)

Spoiler:

"By the way, why can't I target you with day abilities?"

I find this interaction between Ceph and TD very odd.

It was quite clear that Ceph has rolecopped Mask N1 - and scum really wanted to kill off the doc. (Both Ceph's 'let me prove my role' and the fact that the eventual N2 kill was Mask)

Why would he even try the Deathbane on TD since that would mean Ceph couldn't kill an extra town till N3?

Vezo - Pere

Spoiler:
Vezo wrote:@ms: Dayvig one of aceofspades, the mask, ank or zzzx.

At least we can get a lurker out.

Post count at this point:
Ank: 55
aceofspades: 38
The Mask: 37
ZZZX: 23

PV: 39

MS catches him on PV also lurking to which we have this:
In post 3476, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 3471, Metal Sonic wrote:Pere is also a lurker.

Zzzx is a good choice. But in capcom he was town.

Pere is also a lurker, but he sometimes does good stuff as town. Pere also isn't a low hanging fruit.

IDK if mask is lowhanging fruit. I've never played with him before.

I usually prefer seeing lurkers vigged, because lynching lurkers is painful.

In which case Mask shouldn’t have been on that list.

Vezok has hard defended both flipped scum at various points this game.

For Imperium

Spoiler:
In post 3326, Imperium wrote:Okay, so I have a theory on the aceofspades. Yesterday at lynch time he said that he could double vote when it looked like we might get a no vote. When I asked him if it would show up in the vote count, he didn't know. And then he said that he did activate his double vote, and if you look at the vote count he does not show up as a double voter.

So, I have two things. I think that if he were scum that his buddies would have clarified how his role worked because it's a rather powerful role for scum. And having a secret voter/double voter is great for causing confusion in the town. He said he had it ahead of time and could use it. I think if he were scum he would have just quietly sent in that double vote instead of outing it.

I mean he could have been faking not knowing how it worked but it didn't feel that way.

Anyway that's my thought on that. I got concerned that maybe he was actually the vote thief, and took the vote from magua to use. But then that also feels weird.

Am I overlooking something or insane?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:45 am

Post by Imperium »

Ooba - you're looking at that a little backwards. Cephrir said he was going to target TD with his day ability soon after replacing in. He tried to target TD day one. Then night one, he would have been told he had no result, which meant the bane obviously wouldn't work/he didn't know if he *could* target TD that night since it failed day one. So then he chose another target. He didn't already know the Mask was a doctor before attempting to target TD. Also, if you look at the vote counts, Cephrir obviously stole the Masks vote day two, and he was planned to be his "vig" target night one.

~~~

I don't get the votes on ooba at all.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1787, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1783, Solar Wind wrote:Ceph, I kinda like the stuff you've said this morning, but I also kinda feel like you're echoing back what I'm saying/telegraphing to some extent, aside from the TD read, where you're taking my word for it that town-TD is no stranger to moon logic etc.. :/

You're ffery. Your meta prowess rises above all other meta. I don't believe you would make up meta even if you were scum, and I don't think you're scum. I'm fine with putting him on the back burner for a little while.

I've tried to do my own meta before. It's interesting, but I've yet to produce any results. The first time I tried it, I couldn't even see differences. The second was in AW, wherein I came out feeling like I had a handle on Lynx but then didn't feel sure matching the present game with either past game.

I am still planning on using some abilities on TD this cycle, though, and I think that will help me.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Imperium »

* he planned the mask to be his "vig" target night two.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:56 am

Post by ooba »

In post 8578, Imperium wrote:Ooba - you're looking at that a little backwards. Cephrir said he was going to target TD with his day ability soon after replacing in.
He tried to target TD day one. Then night one, he would have been told he had no result
, which meant the bane obviously wouldn't work/he didn't know if he *could* target TD that night since it failed day one. So then he chose another target. He didn't already know the Mask was a doctor before attempting to target TD. Also, if you look at the vote counts, Cephrir obviously stole the Masks vote day two, and he was planned to be his "vig" target night one.

~~~

I don't get the votes on ooba at all.

But why would he only be informed of the bane failure only on N1 if he used it D1?

It sounds like a day ability whose effect is immediate. And Mask's vote is reduced from this VC, a good ten days before end of day.

I got that he rolecopped Mask N1 and stole vote Mask's vote D2 to kill him N2. But the quote I posted sounded like he initially tried Deathbane on TD on D2, and dram told him it failed.

If it was a D1 deathbane like you mention, why not question TD D1?

Also could ya link that post where he mentions the vote steal?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:58 am

Post by ooba »

In post 8581, ooba wrote:vote steal?

*removal of vote
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:59 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

How did you find that quote and not notice the two posts immediately afterwards where he clearly says "yesterday"
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

My current theory is he tried to use it on TD towards the very end of the day phase and only noticed it didn't work in the final votecount.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:03 am

Post by ooba »

In post 8583, ZeL1nK2 wrote:How did you find that quote and not notice the two posts immediately afterwards where he clearly says "yesterday"

I didn't notice the 'yesterday' bit when I was reading.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Tammy »

He didn't mention the removal of vote. I was looking at the vote counts.

I'm very confident that he tried to use his day action on TD day one, no matter how weird that interaction may have looked. He also obviously couldn't ask about it on day one I don't think.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 8586, Tammy wrote:He didn't mention the removal of vote. I was looking at the vote counts.

I'm very confident that he tried to use his day action on TD day one, no matter how weird that interaction may have looked. He also obviously couldn't ask about it on day one I don't think.

woops
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:16 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

By the way, if I had to guess, he used the ability on TD some time after the lie detector gambit (which would have meant some time in the last 24 hours of D1).

He probably didn't notice anything was wrong until after D1 ended.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Heartless »

alright tammy let's see what we got here...
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Skybird »

TD was also covered in brambles D2 IIRC.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Heartless »

Spoiler:
In post 8555, Imperium wrote:
In post 8193, Imperium wrote:
In post 7378, Heartless wrote:There's a lot less skepticism in your neighborhood than I think should rationally exist.

In post 7383, Heartless wrote:It's not particularly synergistic nor is there a notable degree of interaction in the main thread.

It doesn't look like a town bloc, swim like a town bloc, or quack like a town bloc.

I'd also like to talk about this.

I asked you to tell me how much skepticism you think you should be seeing that you're not seeing. I don't know why you ignored that.

I'd also like to talk about the second point. Nacho did a good job of pointing out that this is incorrect, but I'm interested in talking to you about the impetus behind the claim.

Until falcon was modkilled there was plenty, and more than I'd have liked interaction between the two of us.

As for the others. Are you actually making a claim we, as a neighborhood, aren't interacting enough? You do realize that we are the only slot in the neighborhood not to have been replaced right? How much interaction did you suppose we should have done with bitmap when he portaled day one and lurked then got replaced day two? Or TD who lurked a lot then got replaced?

and considering we have a neighborhood where we can interact, I don't see why us not overly interacting inn the main thread would be an issue. How much in the main thread interaction have you or anyone really been doing in the main thread.

I also don't get the town block accusation. We never claimed to be a town block. I, in particular, don't advocate town blocks in the first place. You can town read someone and not be in a town block. Zelink and U.S. seem to be on the same page, but not exactly sure where espy stands as he's a bit behind.

Do you want is to have skepticism or do you want us to be a town block? And there are neighborhoods here who are claiming all town neighborhoods with a much higher degree than we are, and they're not town blocking, so some of this feels like kitchen sink for the sole purpose of making arguments against us but that don't really make a whole lot of sense when looked at in context.

You might not feel this way any more, and that's cool, but I still want you to explain where you were coming from because I'm trying like hell to get a read on you.

'mkay, the neighborhood stuff is mostly outguessing the mod from what i gather. just by the fact that scum being spread out would be more psychologically pleasing to game design, i would GUESS that dram spread the scum out but that's really nothing more than a guess and i think tth is putting too much stock into trying to out WIFOM the mod here. it's entirely possible dram would try to be cute and subvert meta. my gut tells me that's not the case since this is his first mass neighborhood game (game where everyone's in a neighborhood) and the other mass neighborhood game i was in was pretty evenly spread, but again, those points are really WIFOM-y.

re: my roman hate
my first thought when i saw the nk was "why is imperium keeping on being a universal town read and not dying and why are the claimed vigs keep not dying either; how the hell did andy end up being the scum nk." MY instinct was that there was a rat in the roman neighborhood who was pulling the strings and that somehow translated into >>>> andy kill for a reason i didn't understand yet. yeah, wasn't really that well thought out but that's what it was.
i'm not really sure what the whole "group theory" thing is since i personally don't use those kinds of tells b/c they require more cognitive resources than i have at my disposal and more speculation than i care to do. i do know tth does from time to time and my eyes glaze over b/c i don't understand them. i could try to explain it to you, but i wouldn't do it right.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Heartless »

Spoiler:
In post 8556, Imperium wrote:
In post 7763, Imperium wrote:
In post 6942, Heartless wrote:
In post 6905, Magua wrote:Ankamius, TSO, theaceofspades, farside22, ooba, Heartless, TheWayItEnds, Andrius

i agree
i also agree w/ this order

the game will end before you reach farside

What happened to this view of the game?

In post 7204, Heartless wrote:looking more

my desire to lynch anyone not in the roman neighborhood is at exactly zero

I'd really appreciate you articulating why. I told you I'd like you to try to articulate why you'd wouldn't be surprised if we flipped scum, but I don't think you did.

In post 7292, Heartless wrote:I spent some time looking over Imperium and I don't have anything I'm able to articulate yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were scum.

In post 7378, Heartless wrote:There's a lot less skepticism in your neighborhood than I think should rationally exist.

What type of skepticism do you think there should be in our nieghborhood that you aren't seeing?

I have a really hard time accepting that both of the above quotes are actually true statements.

in order:
>ankamius flipped town so that bloc needed to be burned to the ground
>covered that last post
>[insert whatever tth says here]
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #8593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

why is tammy in this game? hi tammy <3
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #8594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

oh. OH.

oh dear poor tammy have you been suffering this long :(
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:51 am

Post by T S O »

ms-scum walks in, posts fluff, leaves, doesn't get lynched somehow
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 8593, Metal Sonic wrote:why is tammy in this game? hi tammy <3

this is the most metal sonic post

ever
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8597 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 8588, ZeL1nK2 wrote:By the way, if I had to guess, he used the ability on TD some time after the lie detector gambit (which would have meant some time in the last 24 hours of D1).

He probably didn't notice anything was wrong until after D1 ended.

you should say who you think is scum

then

...like...

vote them
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon