Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:26 am

Post by Mikazuki »

Shadow's recent posts strike me as frustrated town.

I think that I would rather lynch Skold/ZZZX/Zymf toDay.
“There’s no one who can live their whole life being completely uncorrupted.”

Nee~ Get To Know A Mika!~
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:46 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 1257, Mikazuki wrote:Speaking of which, how much more conversing with Loki do you need to do before you give us your reads?

How much of my posts have you actually read? I wasn't aware it was unclear what my thoughts on the game are.

In post 1272, Shadowcat wrote:Because if multiple people on multiple nights could access the benefit it could make it almost impossible for scum to get rid of PRs, even with the downside that the PRs use would be limited by it.

Perhaps a silly question, but why do you think this?

Even assuming it was possible to know how the night darkness mechanic worked and how it would interact with that ability, I don't see the imbalance here. Unless you were assuming scum couldn't raise darkness above 100% in a single night?

In post 1273, Shadowcat wrote:Yes gut reads are unclear, by their very nature, and hopefully we can refine them as the game goes on.

Your reads are... gut reads? All of them?

In post 1275, Mikazuki wrote:Shadow's recent posts strike me as frustrated town.

I could perhaps understand reading frustration in those posts (though I don't really see any frustration in them myself). Why is it town?
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Mikazuki »

In post 1276, ZeL1nK2 wrote:
In post 1257, Mikazuki wrote:Speaking of which, how much more conversing with Loki do you need to do before you give us your reads?

How much of my posts have you actually read? I wasn't aware it was unclear what my thoughts on the game are.

I didn't ask for your thoughts, I asked for your reads. Your thoughts on recent developments are indeed quite clear, I was wondering about your thoughts on players who are more in the background.

In post 1276, ZeL1nK2 wrote:
In post 1275, Mikazuki wrote:Shadow's recent posts strike me as frustrated town.

I could perhaps understand reading frustration in those posts (though I don't really see any frustration in them myself). Why is it town?

Everything she said was reasonable, lack of defensiveness, clearly putting some effort into posting and does not look like opportunistic dodging. Not enough to give me any strong town read but I'm reluctant to lynch them at least for now.

ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Which reads are unclear?

Also even if I were to agree that everything Shadowcat said was reasonable (I don't), I'm not sure where you got "effort" from and why that doesn't look like "dodging".

I mean, breaking down #1272... She responded to a couple questions, but the answers aren't exactly awe-inspiring. The third part of it serves no purpose except to... what? Make White Narcissist feel bad? And the fourth part is questioning that isn't exactly hard to do. #1273 is just... nothing. It reads like a long-winded excuse (probably because that's what it is).
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:07 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Out of interest, Shadowcat, could you point me to other games you've played where your reads have been entirely gut that you've been unable to explain?

And also, perhaps, one or two of your most recent scum games.
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:16 am

Post by Mikazuki »

Well unless I missed something, you haven't given any reads on players other than Shadow, Thorki, and Skold (kind of).

Maybe I'm just being overly sympathetic right now but I'm taking into account that Mala is not able to be around, which puts Huntress in a bad place because she has to include Mala's views but at the same time, cannot speak for her. Sure, she could be scum taking advantage of the situation, but that's an assumption I don't feel that I'm justified in making as of yet.

Do you think Shadow is showing a lack of effort, or that she is saying anything unreasonable? Setting aside any possible AtE for now.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't like her pushes, but that could still be a problem of interpretation. I have enough doubt in my mind that I'd rather not lynch them toDay.

However, we are reaching the point where the posts have slowed down for long enough that I don't see a reason for players (other than Mala) to not have read the thread properly within the next few days. Come on guys.

Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Skold »

D2
analysis. This spoiler will be large and if you don't really care about what I have to say which I would hardly blame you for at this point then be my guest not to click this.
I'll get to reading D1 asap but I need to contribute NOW. Emboldened FOS is not a pvote I will be using pVote for my vote. Sorry in advance if this ends up being far too fucking big.

D2 starts off with the revelation that Taly is deded.

Notscience demands flavour claim WITHOUT PROVIDING HIS OWN. Flavour claim does not reveal role so I see no purpose in not giving your own if you want to start a mass flavour claim/ any flavour claim whatsoever.
pVote: Notscience

The second part makes sense but it's the first part that bothers me.
FOS

Notscience then flat out refuses to darkness claim in . I'd like an explanation from him. (upon revision: makes sense giving that we don't know if scum know darkness levels.)

ZeL1nK continues to be useful. I see how scum can mask being useful for the purpose of appearing town but I feel that even if it's the case it'll lead us to itself soon enough. I especially don't see scum pointing town towards enforced psuedovotes, I feel scum would be happy watching people slip up, adding darkness wherever they could.

Agrees with Sakura's suggestion of mass flavour claim yet still doesn't provide it himself. Maybe it's just me but if you want a massclaim you've got to be the one to initiate it.

In it's next post Ze refuses to reveal the so called ''mystery'' behind it's reads. It then says that an explanation would be spoon-feeding they (I'm feeling they is grammatically incorrect in this sentence, pronoun help?).
FOS

Mikazuki then goes on to give a reads list, with some good reasoning on Loki and Anka. Townlean.

Wis gives some commentary on Zelink + Nacho that made sense once I went back to D1. Townlean.

This is unfinished but needs posted now. Sorry, I was called away for a vacation I wasn't informed of (parents told me to pack my bags about 30 minutes before I had to go.)
I don't see why you'd take my word seriously seeing as I'm the only one who feels bad about notscience. Unsure as to when I can post again so I'll leave my VT claim
HERE
. This will go down as my worst town play ever. GJ me, GJ.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Mikazuki »

ZZZX, since you're alright with lynching Shadow and Skold, what are your actual thoughts on them? What points made against them are particularly convincing to you?

Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Mikazuki »

Yay Skold! (I totally understand the parents thing btw)

Your vote against NS seems to mostly be based on him wanting flavour claims without providing his own. What do you think would be the scum motivation for that? All I can think of is
maybe
guessing PRs but that's quite a long shot. Also I will assume that we can't really guess scum by flavour since we've already had Mayu who would not seem to be a scum flavour flip scum, plus Pieguyn has a history of giving fakeclaims.

Hmm, I personally think the p-vote system would still have eventually come up considering the setup, although Zelink does do a particularly fantastic job of upholding it. Not alignment indicative to me though.

ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:35 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

@Mikazuki,

I think I went over my reads on most (if not all) players when I talked to Loki earlier in the day. If there were reads I didn't go over with him, it's probably because I agreed with that read and didn't feel a need to talk about it. I don't know who you're specifically asking me to talk about. Unless it's just a general "I want you to talk about everybody" in which case, eh, I don't see a point.

Shadowcat doesn't have to include both of their heads' reads. I would settle for one head's reads explained if the other can't contribute.

I'm still unsure what you mean by effort and what you think is reasonable. I broke down what she was saying in her recent posts and described what I didn't like about them - though I forgot to mention the omission of what I'd consider actual content, now that I think about it. I don't think any effort was required to make those except the basic effort it takes to type out a response on a keyboard (so I don't know... however many finger muscles that takes plus about five minutes of time).

I'd like to see something along the lines of, "these are posts I don't like from ZeL1nK and here is why." I mean if you were to ask me to look at a 200-post ISO and talk about which posts I do or don't like, it would maybe take me... half an hour at most? With 10 RL days of day time and 2 RL days of night time, they've been unable to do this once the entire game. Like, I'm aware real life takes precedence, but unless you read very slowly and cannot take more than 10-15 minutes out of your day on average to play, I don't see the issue here. And if you really can't do that, why are you playing mafia?

This game isn't even very heavy on wall posts. There are some somewhat lengthy posts here and there but for the most part the content is rather light. I'm pretty sure if I wanted to, I could read through and analyse this game in less than 2 hours (maybe 3 if breaks are taken or if I sit down and think about stuff). 2-3 hours of reading over the course of almost 2 weeks now. I'm sorry if they genuinely cannot find that much time for the game. But at a certain point, it looks like excuses with no intent to actually do anything. It's not even that they're not here or not posting. It's just that what they are posting is continued promises to give explanations later...
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Note: notscience has flavour-claimed. Sort of. At least we know he's a ghost (and, in hindsight, the fact that he's been hinting that he doesn't accrue darkness is probably why he didn't claim his darkness level, though that slipped my mind at the time).

I'm having a hard time parsing that post.
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Mikazuki »

Fair enough, I understand your reads that are relevant to the current part of the game anyway so I'll drop it.

I do agree with you that looking through posts and stuff shouldn't be that big of an issue but I just don't think it's my place to assume how much time other people have available to them, especially people with family commitments. There is still a limit to my patience though of course, like I mentioned before, there comes a point where if you still haven't read and contributed to a game, you'd be better off spending your time elsewhere.

Huntress, would you be willing to explain your reads independent of Mala then?

Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Mikazuki »

Uh... I can't honestly say I'm super impressed with Skold's catchup so far but since it's incomplete, I guess I'll wait for a bit first. But yeah, I'm quite interested in hearing why exactly the flavour claiming thing seems so significant to you.

Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Mikazuki »

[quote="In post 1285, ZeL1nK2"]Note: notscience has flavour-claimed. Sort of. At least we know he's a ghost (and, in hindsight, the fact that he's been hinting that he doesn't accrue darkness is probably why he didn't claim his darkness level, though that slipped my mind at the time).

Oooooooooooh. Right. I didn't realise that either :facepalm:

Although he could have made it easier and just said 0%, but still.

Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Skold »

In post 1283, Mikazuki wrote:Zelink does do a particularly fantastic job of upholding it. Not alignment indicative to me though.

While I see do see scum eventually using the p-Vote system, I can't see scum leading town into it. It seems to me that scum would at least wait until after RVS was over and everyone had realised the crap-ton of darkness they had accrued. I'm sticking to my Ze townread atm. As I said that post wasn't finished but I didn't want to have another D1 where the whole day goes without me doing stuff. I'm here now and will probably spend the next two hours catching up. #nolyfenofriends
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Mikazuki »

That was part 2 of "I Suck At Quoting"

Zelink, what do you think of ZZZX?

Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Mikazuki »

In post 1289, Skold wrote:
In post 1283, Mikazuki wrote:Zelink does do a particularly fantastic job of upholding it. Not alignment indicative to me though.

While I see do see scum eventually using the p-Vote system, I can't see scum leading town into it. It seems to me that scum would at least wait until after RVS was over and everyone had realised the crap-ton of darkness they had accrued. I'm sticking to my Ze townread atm. As I said that post wasn't finished but I didn't want to have another D1 where the whole day goes without me doing stuff. I'm here now and will probably spend the next two hours catching up. #nolyfenofriends

With the votes = darkness thing, the system seemed pretty intuitive and obvious to me, I don't think it would be unreasonable for players of either alignment to implement it. Town would do it because it's beneficial, scum would do it because it's a way to look useful without risk of revealing anything while posting.

Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Skold »

I don't know it almost seemed we were going to do a whole RVS thing. I might be misreading the situation, I've been doing a lot of that recently.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:52 am

Post by White Narcissus »

In post 1273, Shadowcat wrote:Real life takes precedence over a game every time and when things go wrong as they have, particularly for Mala, the game sometimes has to take a back seat, yet in spite of that I have still maintained my regular level of posting, an average of one to two posts a day. I just haven't had the extra time I need to do a full reread.

Why do you sign up for a game that's going to be fast paced, do you realize that our darkening increases for every 48 hours we take to lynch someone?. Oh right of course you do, you're scum and all you want is to explain why you keep stalling.
In post 1281, Skold wrote:Maybe it's just me but if you want a massclaim you've got to be the one to initiate it.

When mass claim happens (regardless of flavor or role) people decide on a claim order, starting from the scummiest to the towniest, him wanting you to flavor claim first makes complete sense.
~Sakura
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:55 am

In post 1287, Mikazuki wrote:Uh... I can't honestly say I'm super impressed with Skold's catchup so far but since it's incomplete, I guess I'll wait for a bit first.

This doesn't make sense if you're townreading shadowcat's post as "frustrated townie"
~Sakura
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Mikazuki »

In post 1292, Skold wrote:I don't know it almost seemed we were going to do a whole RVS thing. I might be misreading the situation, I've been doing a lot of that recently.

Yeah WN did start off a bit badly with the vote but Zymf pointed out the problem with voting even before Zelink. I don't think anyone should get town points for such an obvious issue.

Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Mikazuki »

In post 1294, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 1287, Mikazuki wrote:Uh... I can't honestly say I'm super impressed with Skold's catchup so far but since it's incomplete, I guess I'll wait for a bit first.

This doesn't make sense if you're townreading shadowcat's post as "frustrated townie"
~Sakura

What does Skold's reads have to do with Shadow?

White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:56 am

In post 1292, Skold wrote:I don't know it almost seemed we were going to do a whole RVS thing. I might be misreading the situation, I've been doing a lot of that recently.

And who brought up the "Let's not use votes in RVS" first?
~Sakura
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:59 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 1286, Mikazuki wrote:I do agree with you that looking through posts and stuff shouldn't be that big of an issue but I just don't think it's my place to assume how much time other people have available to them, especially people with family commitments. There is still a limit to my patience though of course, like I mentioned before, there comes a point where if you still haven't read and contributed to a game, you'd be better off spending your time elsewhere.

I probably wouldn't care in another game with, say, two-week deadlines. But in this game in particular, the constant promises of content later just reads like excuses to stall for time. Maybe they genuinely don't have time. OK. It would help if, rather than writing a reads summary that anybody who is reading their posts can pretty much put together anyway, they use what little time they have to, oh, I don't know...
Talk about their scum reads or something useful like that.

In post 1290, Mikazuki wrote:Zelink, what do you think of ZZZX?

The interactions with lufan that I made me think more likely town.

As far his actual content goes, I don't remember liking anything he's written so far.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:00 am

In post 1296, Mikazuki wrote:What does Skold's reads have to do with Shadow?

While i still don't like either of the 2, Shadowcat hasnt done anything except complain about activity and say that their activity levels are "normal" for that head (Huntress). They said they need to reread the game to see what they saw on Zelink, but why didn't they explain it before they forgot? When they still were being asked a gazillion of times? And if they have time to complain about activity they have time to read Zelink's ISO and find what they had found, on the other hand Skold's post shows him at least taking stances on what's happened on D2.
~Sakura
PEdit: Agree with Zelink.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”