Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

I was testing you to try and see if you just slipped and said Guardian instead of OTM, or if you were paying so little attention as to think I was a field agent.

You passed.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

My PM didn't say anything about an opportunity to investigate further.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:I was testing you to try and see if you just slipped and said Guardian instead of OTM, or if you were paying so little attention as to think I was a field agent.

You passed.
Um...did you really get the idea I'm not paying much attention to this game? :?:
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Guardian »

Based on that one post, yes. I remembered YB having the same exact non sureness that OTM had, and then you said I was the Field Agent, not OTM.

I wanted to keep you honest.
Do not lynch me.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by Spambot »

Guardian wrote:I was testing you to try and see if you just slipped and said Guardian instead of OTM, or if you were paying so little attention as to think I was a field agent.

You passed.
This post feels like complete bullshit to me. I think that maybe his scumbuddy told him how the role worked, although that would be quite a ridiculous slip on Guardian's part. I don't know, maybe you were just completely making stuff up. It just reads so ungenuine though.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Off the Mark »

It is very weird, but I don't think it's necessarily scummy. We have two players who seem to be a little nuts, but I think both of them are town - Guardian and Albert.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:29 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

"Honestly, anyone who's putting their faith in Guardian at town at this point seriously,
seriously
needs to get their head checked.

Here we have a guy who stepped onto the scene and tried to convince the town to put the worst player possible in a position of power based on the idea that a player who... wasn't insighful... would give the town the best possible chance to win over a player who was, because a smart player would be more difficult to read.

Madness. The scums know everyone's alignment - why wouldn't they put their full support behind a newbie townsperson? It makes them look more pro-town while hurting the town's actual chances to win.

Then he says the job will require a director that changes roles often, knowing full well these things take hours to process.

"Yos, you seem scummy, trying to post a lot and throw around a lot of good ideas to get the nomination."

This is, first all, the opposite of logic. Second of all, if the scum knew in advance they could hack the director's computer and try to frame him, doesn't planting seeds of "I think he's scum" on the most visible candidate seem like a omptimal strategy? You'll notice, again, that Guardian didn't actually DISAGREE with many of Yosarian's ideas - that would have led to a debate based on you know... reason instead of gut feelings and baseless finger pointing.

For this entire game, Guardian's been permanently poised to backpedal, and his vaunted "contribtions" and "activity" have been little more than a continual flood of "i got a bad feeling about this / that / the other".

Thinking I'm scum is pretty much the only thing all game he hasn't hedged on. Go back and read his posts.

vote Guardian

OTM - Pretty sure you'rr town, but your vote for me is based off like... the flimsiest of reasons. Feel free to ask some questions, inform yourself, get this straightened out.
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:32 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Scummy as hell ^

Unvote, vote FA
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Um...are you going to actually try to explain anything, Albert, or are you just going to keep posting random one-liners that make no sense while demanding bodyguard protection?

OTM: I thought Albert was town earlier in the game, but he's been getting wierder and wierder lately.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:44 am

I'm feeling very good about FA and Yosarian as scum atm. FA more so because of he hides behind a screen of role-play. I don't like how he goes after Guardian either. As for Yosarian, I am pretty sure that every position gives a certain advantage to the terrorists who have them. I think the director can switch jobs the way Yosarian did if he was a terrorist. All in all, FA is certainly the best play for today.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

"FA more so because of he hides behind a screen of role-play. I don't like how he goes after Guardian either."

He wiped the corner of his eye, seriously tempted to say nothing. In a game where every position was important and a couple of mislynches could completely wreck the town, people were really expecting to get away with a two line justification for a lynch?

"
Exactly
what don't you like?"
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:13 am

Guardian, OTM, UA are all obvious town.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert wrote:I'm feeling very good about FA and Yosarian as scum atm. FA more so because of he hides behind a screen of role-play. I don't like how he goes after Guardian either. As for Yosarian, I am pretty sure that every position gives a certain advantage to the terrorists who have them. I think the director can switch jobs the way Yosarian did if he was a terrorist. All in all, FA is certainly the best play for today.
Totally agree. And I've been waiting to post this, but I might as well say it now. If FA comes up scum, I find it extremely likely that Yos is too, since CDB supported Yos as director in the early game.
CDB wrote:I could get behind a CTD vote, or a me vote, but Yos is probably my first choice outright.
This also makes me think CTD is town if FA comes up scum, since I doubt FA would list ALL scum in his preferred choices for director.

From all the actions I've seen from Yos as director, including our PM's, I don't get the impression that he is working against the town. BUT I certainly can't see everything he's doing, and of course he'd be making a huge mistake by making any scummy moves out in the open, so he could be simply playing it cool.

If FA comes up town, I'll want to examine Guardian more closely, but at this point, although his posts are not always logical, his suspicions make sense to me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Kinetic »

OTM, You see, I find Guardian's play to be quite the opposite as you. I refuse to think of anybody as town yet, even after the re-read I can find many reasons for anyone to be scum.

But since the beginning Guardian has played this "Naive newbie who is making dumb mistakes, slip-ups, and overall is just detrimental to any logical thought." But by looking at his other games I can tell that it is all just an act here.

He pokes randomly then gets 'suspicious' when someone asks why, he makes illogical leaps then gets 'suspicious' when someone points out his own illogical attitude, and he constantly changes his mind with little to no reason. He is either playing with inside information or has a wheel at home with everyone's name on it, he spins it ans says "the person who shows up is scum!" or "the person who shows up is town!"

I'll be honest, I'm not COMPLETELY sure that Guardian is scum, but he is by far the most detrimental player in this game. If he isn't scum I'll be surprised, but I still feel confident enough to keep my vote there.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Off the Mark »

You could be right Kinetic, but I find FA much scummier than Guardian at this point.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Kinetic, look at Guardian's first post:
Guardian wrote:I also haven't received a role yet. Kidding? I'm a bit confused. I assume this happens after we elect the director?
Sure, he could be faking it, but if so, that's a pretty damn good fake.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Kinetic »

I don't read that the same way you do.

I read that as: "I got my role, what do you mean you didn't get yours?"
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Off the Mark »

^^^ that makes no sense, man
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:10 am

Off the Mark wrote:^^^ that makes no sense, man
QFT
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xdaamno wrote:I haven't recieved my role yet :O

Kidding...
Xdaamno is obviously joking. He read the first post and knows that townies didn't get roles and is making a joke about it. Since he knows that townies didn't get roles, we cannot use this to determine if he is or is not scum.
Guardian wrote:I also haven't received a role yet. Kidding? I'm a bit confused. I assume this happens after we elect the director?
Guardian, on the other hand, only read Xdaamno's post, or didn't read the first post carefully. If he had read the first post he would have understood Xdaamno's joke, and it wouldn't have confused him. I read from this that Guardian DID receive a role and didn't understand why Xdaamno wouldn't have received a role.

Obviously I could be wrong too, but I read that line when Guardian first posted it completely differently than it seems most people did.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:13 pm

Guardian wrote:I also haven't received a role yet.
Kinetic wrote:I read from this that Guardian DID receive a role and didn't understand why Xdaamno wouldn't have received a role.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm happy with
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Guardian
Albert B. Rampage wrote:as
Albert B. Rampage wrote:a
Albert B. Rampage wrote:terrorist
I can take people out of context too :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:^^^ that makes no sense, man
QFT
Albert, you're not allowed to QFT that when you still need to explain some of the things you've said that make no sense, man.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by Guardian »

I was going to comment on this earlier, but I though I'd wait a bit and see how it developed.... Kinetic, WTF!? How can you interpret my post any other way? And how are you being taken out of context!?

I can't believe you honestly didn't interpret it... the ONLY way it can be interpreted. Even after Albert quoted it for you, you STILL are saying that you could be right about this? WTF!? I had thought Korran was so pro-town earlier, but honestly... how can you have possibly misinterpreted this?

FA -- one thing of interest -- you
disagree
with Yos2 that we should lynch at every opportunity? Earlier, iirc, you were singing his praises like he couldn't have any faults.

fos as a group?: FA, Yos2, Kinetic. Were it not for the role switching, Yos2 would pretty much be off there.

But I find it really, really hard to just take him at his word, with something like "o yeah that sucks that your positions were switched and all the important actions got cancelled, someone hacked my computer obvobv. and lol the scum didn't kill yet so obv they hacked me."

I could see scum not killing just to make that argument. Still, FA I want to see go first, I think.

One last thing -- someone said I will be suspicious if FA comes up town -- who said that, and why?
Do not lynch me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Kinetic »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Korran wrote: I think it is very confusing,But I will get used to it.I think Guardian should be director

I don't know I just feel like guardian should!!!

Well I don't really know you people so I just chose Guardian!!

Well you are the only person I have seen before so thats why I chose you and reading through the posts made you seem like a great leader.

oh I meant from this game.Everygame I play somebody bloody is always suspecting me of bad when I never have been!!!!

FINE!!!!UNVOTE!!!!! I won't choose anyone then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tHank you

Hey my name's not K

Why not??

All I did is vote for him because he was the only one I sort of knew.I don't know who is the best to be director.to me it could be anyone.

Who to vote for,who to vote for?

Hey cool one person trusts me.

Well since Guardian's not gonna be director I'm going to get a crappy job so I don't give a shit who is director.It makes no difference to me

You post a lot Alberto

Fuck you if you don't beleive me nobody ever does.I wish I never found this fucking site!!

I meant every damn game evryone on everysite I play this at nobody beleives me.Ok

Good to see That only two people trust anything I say.

What I mean Is that there are only two people that aren't completely against me.
Just a summary of your posts. We're not all completely against you, we just want you to play. Contribute. This emotional garbage just doesn't fly dude. No we're not going to trust you or let you do anything important if we don't think you're competent enough to play Mafia in the first place, and writing one-line, uninformative, emotional garbage doesn't help us any.
I knew someone else posted this before, but I justed wanted to repost it again for you Guardian. You think that is pro-town play? I really can't fathom how you can think that is pro-town play. The only way you can know, without a shadow of a doubt that this person is a townie is if you aren't! I was seriously surprised when I got the role and Korran WASN'T scum. Then when I saw YB wasn't scum either, I figured it all out. You ARE scum Guardian, and you picked the two people you could manipulate and you grouped yourself with them. And guess what, you can't manipulate me like you could Korran, and I see through your little games.

Also: It is important to add the "Kidding?" at the end of Albert's quote of your text. That is what changes the context completely to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”