Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 423, Garmr wrote:I'm going to be honest I'm dreading reading through this game as i am sick and not emotionally involved in it.

Get well soon.

It's not such a bad read if you're fairly well rested. My first read-through sucked in a mighty way, but the second wasn't bad at all.

Anyhoo - here's what I got so far:

Garmr - Inconclusive.

Grib - playing his Town game.

Kitz - Town. Her Scum game reminds me of an old friend's (from a long-dead board) posting style, I'm not seeing that here.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Do you have anything on the Boon wagon, jbomber, or Skold?

Can you give me an example of a game where Grib played like this as town?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 426, Ricastle wrote:Do you have anything on the Boon wagon, jbomber, or Skold?

The Boon wagon is bullshit. Boon is Boon. Wait till Day 2, if he really is Scum, he'll fall apart and slip soon enough.

I don't know JBomber or Skold, reading them will come much later.

I went through Grib's entire meta, every game. Everything here seems like his normal everyday Town game to me.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Right, okay then.

Do you have any scumreads?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:40 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 427, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 426, Ricastle wrote:Do you have anything on the Boon wagon, jbomber, or Skold?

The Boon wagon is bullshit. Boon is Boon. Wait till Day 2, if he really is Scum, he'll fall apart and slip soon enough.

I don't know JBomber or Skold, reading them will come much later.

I went through Grib's entire meta, every game. Everything here seems like his normal everyday Town game to me.

Any day 1 wagon is bullshit. Any day 1 case is bullshit. So basically you have contributed squat except saying you don't know anyone and you read "all of Grib" enough to call him town.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:44 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 424, Ricastle wrote:
In post 420, elusive wrote:Ricastle, I really am going to say that listing all of someone's posts as "scum" is going to real old real fast. Either you explain what makes each post in particular scum or you run the risk of seeming like you're just making stuff up, which now that I looked at them in ISO seems to be the thing. Also once you have a suspect in mind, asking them questions to clarify their points is usually helpful.
Righto.

is highly deflective. Dave calls his opening strange, which no was not an RVS joke as he gave reasoning later, yet Grib responds by fluffing and giving him a random townread; not a serious townread, but the intention to distract is clearly there, used in a diplomatic way.

is more pointless deflection. Sure Garmr's point wasn't entirely great, but how is it town to, instead of correct him where he's wrong, try and fluff his post away?

- Surely he must have known what I was talking about in , yet he attempts to worm out of the conversation again instead of engaging with me as to why I didn't like .

may seem like a concession but it's more a "What can you say to that?" post. This is true later on as he doesen't act like he's conceded anything. He never ended up addressing my point in later either and seemed to have completely forgotten about it.

is complete garbage. First he says he doesn't care about Garmr's pressure on him, which is bizarre - why would he not care about keeping up relations with Garmr before there'd been so much as 8 pages? Second he actually ends up answering Garmr's post, more to my insistence than anything - and he does it completely unbelievably. Instead of doing the understandable and debunking Garmr's points about him, he actually concedes them, saying that's what he does as town, when that's also complete bullshit! Also, if these were really his answers, and he really is 'trying hard to look town', why on earth didn't he care about clearing his name to Garmr? And how does his response to Garmr make any sense in the context that all of Garmr's points were in essence true?

- Here he essentially attempts to reason as to why past town meta of him isn't accurate, yet later on uses his scum meta as proof he isn't scum, and before used his town meta as a defence. See the problem here? Defensiveness was not the only point I mentioned in either, however it's the only one he chooses to tackle, which honestly did work to make me question my suspicions of him at the time. Also his reaction to Nero's reasoning on the Boon wagon sounds like what I'd expect from scum - careful moderation designed not to lean one way or the other.

- Asking for me to read him correctly while giving no reason to do so. He's yet again fluffposting away instead of reasoning with me.

stood out to me the moment I read it. He wagons his townbloc (super safe), and gives no indication he even thinks Skold's scummy (and still hasn't!), just that he likes the people on the wagon. Plus, why the hell is he talking about returning to Kitz when he said earlier that was what was essentially a placeholder vote?

I'll admit, is partially right - I think I probably am too convinced Grib is scum this early in the game. But what can you do?

Yeah, I'd be fine to stop talking about Grib now if you want. I've made my case against him. People can choose to agree with me or to not; I need not do anything else. What else would you want to discuss?

in my observation a high percentage of these so called cases are flawed and wrong...
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:52 am

Post by Skold »

In post 430, PeaceBringer wrote:in my observation a high percentage of these so called cases are flawed and wrong...

And I being the genius that I am will have to provide no reasoning to support any argument I bring forth. No. WHY are these cases flawed and wrong?
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:58 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 431, Skold wrote:
In post 430, PeaceBringer wrote:in my observation a high percentage of these so called cases are flawed and wrong...

And I being the genius that I am will have to provide no reasoning to support any argument I bring forth. No. WHY are these cases flawed and wrong?

heh, do not claim to be a genius and I have a different philosophy of play then many folks around here. As to why cases are usually wrong and flawed. They are usually based on null behavior and finding a nit to pick at as an excuse to to run someone up. Then if the run up was wrong, I often see the same behavior done without any consideration of why. I get things wrong plenty. The game of mafia/werewolf is a marathon, not a sprint. Day one, folks get poked, prodded, and so on. No problem with that and around here folks get a kick out of "cases" that are ultimately picking at nits and filled more often than not with confirmation bias. Sure, some people get reads. It is far easier to actually identify who may be town but for each individual that is always flawed as people will try and manipulate. Essentially that agruements can be boiled down to who seems overly defensive or who seems to be trying to hard or who appears to be deflecting. At any given time, anyone can find a way to make a case on anyone. This is the nature of the game.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:01 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

and the goal of day one is to run up about 1-3 people (imo) and get claim, evaluate, and adjust perspectives. The more things go, the more behavior can be observed and more able to fill in slots to make logical conclusions as get more information.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Ricastle »

If that percentage is any less than 100 I'll consider it a success. :]

In post 431, Skold wrote:And I being the genius that I am will have to provide no reasoning to support any argument I bring forth. No. WHY are these cases flawed and wrong?
What's your opinion on 424? And what's all about?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:06 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 434, Ricastle wrote:If that percentage is any less than 100 I'll consider it a success.
it is all good...carry on, do what you do, I will do what I do...
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Shinobi »

Vote Count

Grib
(4):
Garmr, Errantparabola, Creative, Ricastle

Skold
(4):
elusive, Rubicon, PointYbagelS, Grib

Boonskiies
(3):
Nero Cain, davesaz, PeaceBringer

Garmr
(1):
jbomber732

elusive
(1):
bewilderbeast

Klingoncelt
(1):
Boonskiies

PointYbagelS
(1):
Klingoncelt

Nero Cain
(1):
jbomber732

jbomber732
(1):
Skold

Not Voting
(1):
Kitz

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-04-20 09:00:00)

Note
: Bewilderbeast and Megalo are being prodded.
Last edited by Shinobi on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:41 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

what, my vote should have been on boon... I must screwed it up
Vote Boon
although getting a claim from him does not look probable at this point...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:42 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

VOTE: boon
in case I still did not do it right for this mod
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Shinobi »

Votecount has been fixed. Apologies for the mistake.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Skold »

Hmmm. Votes are too divided. It's too easy for scum to hide under these conditions.
Unvote:

VOTE: Boon
Less lurk more content m9.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Kitz »

Of course votes are divided, it's Day 1.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Ricastle »

Skold, answer my questions please.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Skold »

What questions? I tend not to notice if they aren't presented as a list.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:31 am

Post by Ricastle »

:neutral:
In post 434, Ricastle wrote:What's your opinion on 424? And what's all about?
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:31 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 443, Skold wrote:What questions? I tend not to notice if they aren't presented as a list.

Even if there's a quote of your post with text beneat it?
I duuuno on that one.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Skold »

In post 444, Ricastle wrote::neutral:
In post 434, Ricastle wrote:What's your opinion on 424? And what's all about?

OMG I'm dumb. Alright sorry mb.
First of all I don't like people handing me their quotes for me to analyse. It seems to me to be a case of ''Look at me, give me a town read, here's the post of mine I considered the towniest''. While I don't think it applies in this case I thought I'd mention it.

Moving onto analysis of the post: You are wrong on almost every level.
For the first two quotes you seem to operating under a differing definition of deflection. Tell me what you meant by it and I can comment on it.
Third quote you supplied he actually DID comment on stuff you mentioned in 122. Just briefly. And he did explain in 117. Actually one could argue that you came out scummier in the conversation of those two quotes because you didn't mention WHY 112 and 117 were bad. And now you want him to ask? Nah m8.

Fourth quote of his that you supplied it may have looked like a concession BECAUSE IT IS. And then you use a vague ''later'' which I can't gain much from. I'll
CONCEDE
if you point me towards wherever ''later'' is.

Fifth quote - Nobody should really care what other people think of them. Give your reads, be honest. People get upset? That's unfortunate. Now continue giving reads and being honest. You then move on to bitch about him conceding points and declaring his claim of it being his normal town play to be bullshit. Have you read prior games of his? If so then I suppose if you give me his prior games and it turns out that he's bullshit then I'll
CONCEDE
this point. If you haven't read his prior games then you have no business talking about what his normal town play is. Pending followup.

Sixth quote - I'm going to assume that's the wrong post. If it isn't, you are scum for flat out fucking lying then trying to get away with it by assuming nobody would click on those post links.

Seventh quote: Clearly a fucking joke. Scum. See that winky face? Yeah it's denoting TAKING THE PISS.

Eighth quote: Actually yes. And not just because it involves me, but because he had not previously shown any signs of scum reading me. And he is sheeping his town reads. Townies do sheep as well you know. It's not even really a scumtell just a bad play tell.

Ninth quote: You then
CONCEDE

I'll do the second quote you gave me in a second.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Skold »

409 is the response to a claim that I was trying really hard to defend my lurking. Then I commented the second half of his sentence. Then I mentioned that I couldn't give a toss about defending myself, and that I want my opinions understood before you take away from a strawman instead of the real opinion. Anything else?
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:35 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

Skold I don't know if it's just your writing style, but I'm having a lot of trouble making sense of anything you post.

However I'm curious why you respond to in such an adversarial way (for example using the word concede instead of agree). This seems like a very odd way to reply to someone who asked about a post that doesn't really apply directly to you, and who isn't even voting for you.

pedit: Skold, you were trying hard to defend your lurking in You literally gave 3 different excuses. Denying it gets you nowhere.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 448, PointYBagelS wrote:Skold I don't know if it's just your writing style, but I'm having a lot of trouble making sense of anything you post.

Does anyone really understand the scots?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”