Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Guardian »

I was asking Xdaamno if he was kidding, as he had claimed.... quite obviously, imo.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote: Totally agree. And I've been waiting to post this, but I might as well say it now. If FA comes up scum, I find it extremely likely that Yos is too, since CDB supported Yos as director in the early game.
:eyebrow:

That's kind of a thin connection; a lot of people supported me in the early game.

In any case, could you please restate your case against FA? I agree that he needs to post more content; the rate he's been posting just isn't enough for a speed game like this; but at the moment the case against Guardian seems much stronger.

About the whole thing with Guardian; frankly, trying to read anything into the "did he get a PM" stuff AFTER Xdaamo made that "I haven't gotten a role yet...kidding..." post is probably futile; even if someone didn't read the rules, I'd think any reasonably intellegent scum should have been able to figure out what was going on after that, and trying to guess if any specific person did not get a PM or was just trying to pretend is pretty much just OMGUS guessing.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Guardian wrote:I was asking Xdaamno if he was kidding, as he had claimed.... quite obviously, imo.
Exactly! That is my point. You were asking him if he were kidding... Everything else I read into it was what I thought of why you were asking him. There are two schools of thought in this:

1. You didn't get a PM and asking him if he was really kidding or he didn't get one either.

2. You did get a PM, didn't read the first post, and were wondering why he didn't get PM.

My whole case is I believe the second likelihood more than the first. I could be wrong, but on top of all the other things I've read from Guardian, I'm more inclined to believe the latter.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by Guardian »

Look, first off - I know with 100% certainty what I meant. I meant I didn't get a PM. Continuing to question what I meant after I said what I meant is boggling, all we can debate now is if your interpretation was reasonable, which I think it wasn't.

btw: "I assume we will" later made it so painfully obvious...

In addition, Xdaamno said he was kidding. I was confused, and wanted a confirmation that he was kidding. I don't find your interpretation reasonable.
Do not lynch me.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, mostly because my ego and I are good friends and enjoy helping each other out, and I think now is a good opportunity to now that we're on the subject of whether or not Guardian knows who is Town and who isn't.
Guardian wrote:UA, Albert, and OTM seem like they've got to be town to me though.

I think UA is likely pro-town.

knows what he's doing, and is probably town:

UltimaAvalon

UA is most townlie,

Korran is obv town too, as is UA. Dont lynch them please.

UA should be in an investigative role -- CIA or FBI. The man is town.

I still think UA or CTD would be better cops, as they are more pro-town looking.
Here's my question. First, let us assume that I
wasn't
one of the three latecomers. Why do you think I'm town?
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by Guardian »

Do you insist that I answer that completely disregarding that you were one of the three latecomers?

I admit that I have used that as a crutch in my analysis of you three, and while I do find you town above and beyond that, I am not sure my certainty would be as high were you not a latecomer.

Also, is this question going to help you determine my alignment in some way, or is it just for your ego... because if it is
just
for your ego.... :P.
Do not lynch me.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I also said it was relevant to the topic at hand.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Off the Mark wrote: Totally agree. And I've been waiting to post this, but I might as well say it now. If FA comes up scum, I find it extremely likely that Yos is too, since CDB supported Yos as director in the early game.
:eyebrow:

That's kind of a thin connection; a lot of people supported me in the early game.
Right, and if any of those who supported you strongly come up scum, then you need to be scrutinized. Them's the breaks of getting elected.
Yosarian2 wrote: In any case, could you please restate your case against FA? I agree that he needs to post more content; the rate he's been posting just isn't enough for a speed game like this; but at the moment the case against Guardian seems much stronger.
The strongest point of my case is where CDB tells everyone to "READ THE BLOODY FIRST POST". This tells me he does NOT want people accidentally confirming themselves as town. He tries to play it off as "we have already given information to the terrorists" but this rings false to me. I think scum would be much more concerned about people giving themselves away like that than town would.

But FA's play has been suspicious also. His roleplaying allows him to post lots of crap without saying much and he slipped onto YB's bandwagon in a rather suspicious way.

What has FA contributed to the town, as far as strategy/discussion goes? Nada.

So, yeah, altogether I feel good about voting for FA.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:50 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Posting this in all my games. I'm having a surprise vacation from this Monday (the 23rd), for about one week, and if I have any internet access at all I'll be lucky. I don't particularly want to be replaced in all my games, so mods; please talk to me before you do anything drastic, since I'm still here for 3/4 more days.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

He grumbled. The "case" was rapidly approaching ridiculous proportions.

"I challenge anyone who's voted for me to provide tangible evidence of me babbling meaninglessly or trying to distract the town from the task at hand. Here's a hint. You won't find it. Not anywhere. If you people are
sooo
hung up on voluminous content, I wonder why you've been posting little more than"suspicious" as justification for your votes. I keep relatively quiet until there's enough game information to make observations about behavior. That is how I work. Period, and someone working the way they always work is not grounds for a lynch."

Sighing, he pulled a heavy manilla folder from under a nearby desk and heaved it onto the table. "Here. Educate yourselves."

It was ridiculous, wasn't it? He'd contributed plenty of strategy - the fact that his suggestions were roundly ignored had nothing to do with him. And ignoring the longwinded discussions about the offices configuration? So what? Was separating the people who wanted 3 field agents instead of two going to find the mole? No. It was ridiculously thin... nothing to do then, but wait.
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP (In all games >.>): Just found out I'll still have internet access, after making a few phone calls, so I'll be fine.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote: Right, and if any of those who supported you strongly come up scum, then you need to be scrutinized. Them's the breaks of getting elected.
Well, I certanly understand trying to make connections based on that, but the problem is is that, because I was elected, that means there were a LOT of people who supported me; some strongly so, some more weakly so, and so the odds are very high that at there was at least one scum there; I mean, even if one of the other candidates (say, Gardian) was scum, I wouldn't expect all of his scum mates to support him, because that kind of clustering is bad scum stratagy, I'd expect at least one of them to support me instead just for distancing purposes.

Off The Mark wrote: The strongest point of my case is where CDB tells everyone to "READ THE BLOODY FIRST POST". This tells me he does NOT want people accidentally confirming themselves as town. He tries to play it off as "we have already given information to the terrorists" but this rings false to me. I think scum would be much more concerned about people giving themselves away like that than town would.
There's only one problem with that theory. Why wouldn't he just tell his scum partners that in PM, if that was his goal, so they could all pretend they didn't get a PM? Why try to communicate with them in-thread like that? I mean, it's always possible he couldn't for some reason; I guess it's possible that with no nights the scum can't talk at all, but for a game this complex that seems unlikely to me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Were scum able to talk during director election stage ? I don't recall.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I don't know, but if they were then the 'alibis' that Albert, OTM, and UA have just became mighty flimsy....
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I've never used my late coming as an alibi, and specifically avoided doing so when I did jump in, as opposed to Albert and OTM spending two pages to say "Yup, we're town, no doubt about it. Please don't ever accuse us ever or you're stupid."
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Yea, I happened to notice that. Quite interesting indeed.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Ibaesha is replacing CrashTextDummy when she's ready to, he will continue playing until she makes her first post in the game.

Please do your best to make her feel welcome.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

@mod: were the scum able to talk during the election of a director ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm not going to answer that question
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

It doesn't matter if scum was able to talk during election. I'm not saying CDB was trying to communicate with scum, I was saying he was trying to stop townies from confirming themselves.

Reading comprehension, people, geesh!

Kinetic's behavior has become very suspicious. Ridiculously so, actually. I did NOT spend 2 pages saying "don't vote for me, I'm a latecomer." Give me a break here, that is nowhere close to the truth. The discussion turned to who we thought was trustworthy, and naturally I said I trusted the other lurkers because I assume the same thing happened to them that happened to me, that's ALL. Then I got challenged for that by a bunch of scummy-looking players and I had to keep defending myself and explaining and THAT's why it went on for 2 fricking pages.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote:It doesn't matter if scum was able to talk during election. I'm not saying CDB was trying to communicate with scum, I was saying he was trying to stop townies from confirming themselves.
Um, but if all townies had to do to "confirm" themselves would be to act dumb and say "drr, I didn't get a role PM", then why didn't the scum just say "hey, let's just do that"? Especally if they could talk to each other.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

yeah. fa is probably scum. not particularly buying the defense, I will miss the roleplaying though :(.

ua, i have a few of other games higher in priority than this one, so no re-read right now, but basically you, most of all of the latecomers, I found town because:

-your coming late seemed most sincere of all, and you didn't try and flaunt that as a town tell.
-your setup discussion/ideas seemed reasonable and likely to help town.
-your actions re: who should be director made sense to me and even though I didn't like your conclusion (lol) you made your thought process clear and it didn't seemed you were scum trying to swing it one way or the other.
Do not lynch me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Ah, OK, I see what you're saying now. That's a decent point. But I think CDB's and Guardian's posts happened too soon after the thread was opened for your mafia conspiracy theory to work.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

my post 1047 was responding to Yos
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Guardian »

even if they could talk then, which is uncertain, maybe
you
they didn't think of that at the time, Yos?
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”