Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I've stated why. My team, specifically GuyInFeezer, says that Jason and Mala are town.

I'm trusting it.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

don't lynch jason until I'm able to catch up and elaborate in detail on why I find him town. I'm considering any hammer on him at this point to be a scum claim, and I recommend everyone else do the same.

the other problem I'm having is that I think both Thor and sthar are scum, but I don't think they make sense as scum together
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:28 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 668, jasonT1981 wrote:I am a town bodyguard.

shit, I didn't even see this.

WE DO NOT LYNCH JASON TODAY.
his role is a death sentence if scum. if jason happens to be alive on D4, then we can reconsider it, but this is one of those roles that naturally works itself out either way.

(also I really wish people wouldn't use bodyguards in games because it's a shit role)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:42 am

Post by pieguyn »

I'm not spoilering this because (in my opinion) you all are missing a lot of obvious shit here, and I still don't understand how this wagon is still going. plus, I'm keeping track of how many people get tired of reading my walls in this game and is my goal to get 12/12, which we all know is the most important reason.

In post 222, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 176, Boonskiies wrote:Also, as for my top scum read, it's obviously Jason. Even before he went and started being ignorant and making flawed cases. This just confirms it even more for me. He's posting things that are ridiculous towards me. Like my RVS when I was confused about why people were unvoting everything? COME ON! I'm the Boonskiies here! Look me up. I'm the craziest person out here. Like I always say...usually it's scum who isn't familiar with me who automatically pushes towards me.

VOTE: Jason

I call complete and utter bullshit on this, you made NO mention of me being scum or showed any intention to vote me until I started looking into your behaviour. The only slight post you made on it was me 'slipping through the cracks' which you have yet to follow up on as to why you felt I was slipping through the cracks, without committing to a vote until after I voted you.

Your case is jack shit bollocks and full of OMGUS. In fact, I would go as far as saying you have nothing other than I think you are scum, and therefore you are voting me.

this angle continues to be good, and I don't know why people (THOR) are attempting to write this off as "playstyle" when it quite obviously is not.

the logic here is sound. Boon shouldn't have voted in the way that he did if he actually had jason as a scum read. there were other things that made me think Boon's post there came off as forced, ex. him saying "obviously" when he made no mention of jason being scum before this nor commented on any of the reasons for jason being scum - but either way, you usually don't wait until prompted to act on your scum reads. the only reason I would not be writing this off as a scum tell is that it's Boon and I can see him playing in a chaotic enough way to just not think about it.

Spoiler:
In post 231, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 226, Boonskiies wrote:Also they say they think I'm playing towards my scum meta
yet are bringing up me using self meta, which is a very town meta thing I do
. My team doesn't agree with me voting Jason. I like causing commotion for the sake of reactions. I believe that should be obvious at this point.

Unvote

BINGO DING DING DING WE HAVE A SCUMMER

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Lots of self meta here, from scum Boon.

And lots of the 'this is what I do as town not scum'

And lookie here from that game

In post 1369, Boonskiies wrote:It's self meta. Like how I say that I hammer people at L-1 on Day 1 without much resent when I'm town

And look at this.. exactly the same

In post 181, Boonskiies wrote:Again, hi. Jason...My name is Boonskiies. I'm known to hammer my biggest town read on occasion without letting them claim in a moment's notice. Mainly when I'm town! Me OMGUS'ing is nothing.

Same exact argument used as scum

Eat the fucking noose ASAP. This guy is scum. 100%

In post 232, jasonT1981 wrote:Well, not exact same, but very similar. This guy is scum. Eat the noose ASAP. Boasting about how he will hammer town in scum game, and boasting about it here.

thats how I see it as exact same (in scum meta boon)

In post 236, jasonT1981 wrote:you're scum, eat noose

In post 261, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 259, Boonskiies wrote:Why would I ever say that as scum? Damn...

jesus tap dancing crust....

add MIFOM to self meta and OMGUS

I liked everything about this exchange. I like the conviction here, and I like the excitement at him finding what he perceives as a 100% tell for Boon being scum.

the second quote in particular is also relevant for a reason I will get into later.

In post 358, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 328, Trojan Horse wrote:
In post 317, Fenchurch wrote:Trojan - earlier you mentioned that Tammy expected to be able to get a good read on jason. Has she read the game recently, and if so, what are her current thoughts?

She's following the game. She's still trying to figure Jason out.

It's weird you are still trying to work me out, and the fact you are hanging on for Tammy's opinion seems like you are stalling not wanting to say anything incase it derails the lynch, also if Tammy has experience with me, I (and this is backed up by Zach) would expect her to have something already this deep into the game or even something to say at least.

I brought up the point earlier of no viable counter wagon (at the time) It would heavily suggest 1) scum is already on it or 2) they are happy to just sit back and relax without anyone having to provide alternative options as to them, and others it would seem the lynch is a cert and nothing else has to be done.

I liked this post a lot, more or less for one basic reason. Tammy is the relevant person who probably has the most experience with and can be trusted the most to read jason, compared to anyone else here. this post thus has the effect of isolating jason from the one person (and by extension, the one slot) who could probably be trusted to read him no matter what.

if it's coming from scum, it's a very unnatural move since it would essentially shoot down any potential chance of Tammy blowing the whistle and telling everyone to get off him - you could argue that this wouldn't necessarily be the case, but I think it would make it at the least more likely and so this maneuver feels awkward from scum. on the other hand, it makes more sense as town - it's a town player expecting the person who knows him the best to read him correctly and being paranoid that they appear to be leaving him open as a lynch candidate.

In post 450, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 449, Thor665 wrote:Nacho agree with me that your case is playstyle based.
No, he didn't sudden speed read something I saw in a preview post - that doesn't prevent him from having assessed your case though.
You are literally quoting me playstyle based attacks and acting like they are somehow not. Are you serious that comments along the lines of "he's so terrible" somehow are *not* playstyle based? Because that's what you're handing me.

If you believe any of the crap you are spewing, you're deluded. But then again your 'case' on me is pretty deluded too, so I would expect that from you. You're so hard on for my lynch you will distort anything to fit your deluded 'case'

I've quoted everything I have said on Boon, and if it took you less than 2 mins to respond, I call bullshit you even bothered to read it.

My posts against him are based on things he has done in game, most are quoted and responded to.
I never actually said he is terrible
And I challenge you to show me exactly where I said those words.
Go on, I bet you can not find them. Show me where I said he is terrible, because this is yet more bullshit you are throwing to buff your 'case'

this in particular I liked bc it takes a lot of balls to pull off the "I CHALLENGE YOU TO DO THIS" as scum. it reminds me of the kinds of posts I used to make as town a lot.

In post 632, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 624, Malakittens wrote:Again so you have meta on Boon doing what he does this as both alignments, but you are still trying to push a policy lynch via saying he's a liability. I have seen him just hammer people at will AND BE TOWN. I have seen him self-meta AND BE TOWN. So him doing everything above is null.

In then end you are trying to chalk up a null-read as a policy lynch, end of story.

Rubbish. It is not a policy lynch.

The Meta is him
boasting as scum about doing it, he did it as scum in Pokemon, he did it here.

The action of hammering town
is not the meta issue
, its the boasting about doing so is the meta issue. Can you show me examples of him posting 'I hammer town reads' when he is town in a game? If so I will retract my comments on it. But right now, he boasted about it as scum in Pokemon, and has boasted here about it too. It is a match to scum boon unless you can show me otherwise him posting about hammering town reads when he is town (Note - not the action of hammering but the boasting about doing so like he has here and in pokemon)

My comments about him being a liability were because I expected to wake up to be lynched. Can't quite remember now why though I thought I was waking up to noose. IF Boon is town (which I highly doubt) that is someone you do not want around towards end game as he could cost town. That is the point I was making there

Understand now?

Good, I am not going around in circles again on this.

One last time

The meta is him boasting as scum about doing it. NOT the action of doing it as town.

everyone who is pushing that jason is scum for pushing a weak meta case should look at this.

if you go back through his ISO and cross reference this, what he is saying here is consistent. he is not pushing that Boon is scum for self-meta'ing. he is pushing that Boon is scum for explicitly *boasting about* his self-meta of hammering town reads and that this is not something he has done as town.

now, this obviously isn't a town tell. it makes as much sense coming from either town or scum. the reason I think this makes him town is that, when you look at it from this POV, his frustration and indignation the entire game makes a lot more sense. it's a town player who is annoyed at having to constantly repeat what he's saying, while not realizing what he's saying isn't actually clear.

I don't give a shit if you think "frustration at being misinterpreted isn't alignment indicative". when done to the extent here, it is. there's a difference between feigning frustration at a few posts and being pissed off at having to content with a wagon on you for what you perceive as shit reasons throughout the entire game. this situation falls into the latter.

Spoiler:
In post 632, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 624, Malakittens wrote:Again so you have meta on Boon doing what he does this as both alignments, but you are still trying to push a policy lynch via saying he's a liability. I have seen him just hammer people at will AND BE TOWN. I have seen him self-meta AND BE TOWN. So him doing everything above is null.

In then end you are trying to chalk up a null-read as a policy lynch, end of story.

Rubbish. It is not a policy lynch.

The Meta is him
boasting as scum about doing it, he did it as scum in Pokemon, he did it here.

The action of hammering town
is not the meta issue
, its the boasting about doing so is the meta issue. Can you show me examples of him posting 'I hammer town reads' when he is town in a game? If so I will retract my comments on it. But right now, he boasted about it as scum in Pokemon, and has boasted here about it too. It is a match to scum boon unless you can show me otherwise him posting about hammering town reads when he is town (Note - not the action of hammering but the boasting about doing so like he has here and in pokemon)

My comments about him being a liability were because I expected to wake up to be lynched. Can't quite remember now why though I thought I was waking up to noose. IF Boon is town (which I highly doubt) that is someone you do not want around towards end game as he could cost town. That is the point I was making there

Understand now?

Good, I am not going around in circles again on this.

One last time

The meta is him boasting as scum about doing it. NOT the action of doing it as town.

In post 663, jasonT1981 wrote:Boon - you can claim all the BS you want, the fact is, you boasted about it (hammering town reads) as scum in Pokemon, and you've boasted about it here. The Meta matches, you're scum. Regardless of how you spin it. Despite asking, you have yet to show me a town game where you boast about hammering your town reads.

Reluctantly though, you will not be the lynch today. And that pains me.

I have been on the fence about Thor, I tried to see his actions as 'too loud to be scum' but the truth is, he is a cheerleader, trying to get lynches and out roles (in his own words) without doing the work. He is quite happy to sit back and get a lynch without considering other options. He should be the lynch today. He only wants to serve as a distraction to town with his attitude towards others.

All 3 of my team agree the vote is wasted on Boon today and think it should go on Thor, I am sure he is scum (Boon). But that won't sail today. With only a few days to deadline I will move to the cheerleader who wants to out roles. Thor today, and I will push for Boon tomorrow. 2 lynches, 2 scum.

vote:Thor

Back to my bed I go.

In post 668, jasonT1981 wrote:Oh look at the oh shit deadline posts...lets jump on. Including one, not fully caught up in the game so go with the easy lynch lol.

Well done Thor, you've outted a role as I said you wanted to do. (which you then admitted to)

I am a town power role, a protective role at that.

I am a town bodyguard.

Now, lets see if this forces those on my wagon who have sat there easily all day, do something. Instead of cheering on the sidelines like has been pointed out.

In post 670, jasonT1981 wrote:I also want to note... the last 2 people on my wagon.
HAVE NOT EVEN READ THE GAME FULLY

In post 665, Egg wrote:
Unvote, Vote Jason

I'm not caught up
but saw that deadline is coming and prefer a Jason lynch to a Thor lynch

In post 657, SleepyKrew wrote:UNVOTE:
I really need to read this fucking game.

Like, there's a very real chance that jason is just being
bad
. And his teammates are letting him get away with it.

Any reason why you both, without reading the game fully, and not being caught up.. are willing to force through a lynch for the sake of it being close to deadline and not knowing what to do because... like said.. neither of you are caught up.

aaaaaaand more conviction I liked.

so yeah. I'm town reading the shit out of this ISO. this reflects my current read and not the one I had early game bc I came to the conclusion that his neutral sounding posts are entirely playstyle. this is also the case for the way he tends to tunnel on one person at a time, and his "meta" case is a huge misunderstanding. combined with the claim (it is a theoretically unsound play to lynch a BG claim, regardless of whatever read you might have), and we're not lynching him today.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

@sthar:
whatever happened to our Q/A session? I'm also wondering if you're town reading me now (and if you are, what in that exchange made you read me as town) or for specifically what reason you've stopped pushing me, notably given the fact that I still haven't responded to your last set of questions re: me from a while back.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:05 am

Post by pieguyn »

this is ultra tl;dr bc I'm nowhere near as engaged with this game as I'd like to be. I should be around on-and-off tomorrow.

TOWN(S->W):

jasonT1981 [The Kliq]

<gap>

Save The Dragons [Sickeningly Sweet] - body of work. can explain, but not particularly relevant ATM.
Trojan Horse [The Captains] - I don't have any play-based reason for this, I'm just willing to trust the assessment that he was obvious scum in the last game.

<gap>

SleepyKrew [The Cockettes] - this is more a BS meta read than anything. I don't see SK's scum game here; his attitude towards the game is usually different when scum (he's a lot more active and engaged and it's clear that he puts a lot of effort into attempting to appear pro-town), here I'm seeing him disengaged and not knowing what to do and it doesn't come off faked on a gut level. it is possible what I'm seeing is just him playing differently or him deliberately playing off his meta.
Deltawave * [TBD] - gut. essentially, he reminds me of how I often play town. he's not concerned with the general consensus, his focus relies entirely on trying to sort out/lynch STD and moving on only when it becomes obvious he won't get anywhere with it. I don't get the impression he's pushing an agenda or trying to curry favor with anyone here. this could just as easily be playstyle.
Boonskiies [TEAM WITH NO NAME] - I liked the earlier-than-consensus town reads on Fen and me. I dislike his original jason vote for reasons already stated. more recently, I like his recent interaction with jason (starting from ), namely the way he tries to correct him on what he perceives as incorrect behavior - this attitude usually makes more sense coming from a town player, especially when he as scum doesn't have much of a reason to bother given the only reason he even thinks this is his teammates convincing him.

<gap>

Egg [Peruvian Flute Band] - not as town as I originally thought before I started collecting all my reads. I think more likely to be town, but need to go and reread this slot in-depth (probably tomorrow), especially since I doubt Thor and sthar are both scum.
Fenchurch [God Save the Black Goo] - ^
Micc * [The Athenians] - has done fucking nothing. I want to see actual content here.
Malakittens [The Unviggable Vegetables] - I still say scum (or at least has done nothing town), both GIF and notsci appear to think she's town. either way, off the table for now.

<gap>

sthar8 [Marshmallow Pillow Fort]
Thor665 [Gestalt]
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 678, pieguyn wrote:
In post 668, jasonT1981 wrote:I am a town bodyguard.

shit, I didn't even see this.

WE DO NOT LYNCH JASON TODAY.
his role is a death sentence if scum. if jason happens to be alive on D4, then we can reconsider it, but this is one of those roles that naturally works itself out either way.

(also I really wish people wouldn't use bodyguards in games because it's a shit role)

I know we're not supposed to outguess the mod, but if bodyguard is such a bad role, do you really think it would've been used in Team Mafia? I doubt it. Jason's claim looks like an attempt to claim a power role that won't be counterclaimed.

My knowledge of current site meta is pretty much nonexistent (having not played for three years), so let me ask the group: is it common these days to use bodyguard in normal games? I'm guessing the answer is no...
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.13:

jasonT1981 (5)-
Thor665, Fenchurch, Trojan Horse, Egg, SleepyKrew
Thor665(4)-
pieguyn, Save The Dragons, sthar8, jasonT1981,
Save the Dragons (1)-
DeltaWave
Trojan Horse (1)-
Boonskiies
Fenchurch (1)-
Malakittens

Not Voting (1)-
Micc,

The deadline is at 6pm on Tuesday 14th April 2015. Two days! With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Malakittens is v/la indefinitely
Egg is v/la until the 12th April.
Fenchurch is semi-v/la until 18th April.
Trans rights are human rights.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 679, pieguyn wrote:this angle continues to be good, and
I don't know why people (THOR) are attempting to write this off as "playstyle" when it quite obviously is not.

the logic here is sound. Boon shouldn't have voted in the way that he did if he actually had jason as a scum read. there were other things that made me think Boon's post there came off as forced, ex. him saying "obviously" when he made no mention of jason being scum before this nor commented on any of the reasons for jason being scum - but either way, you usually don't wait until prompted to act on your scum reads.
the only reason I would not be writing this off as a scum tell is that it's Boon and I can see him playing in a chaotic enough way to just not think about it.

I feel like the bolded points are kind of relevant to each other - are they not?
I mean, *you* apparently understand that Boon's playstyle does this.
Jason either does not...or is lynching over playstyle, or both, yeah?

In post 679, pieguyn wrote:
In post 450, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 449, Thor665 wrote:Nacho agree with me that your case is playstyle based.
No, he didn't sudden speed read something I saw in a preview post - that doesn't prevent him from having assessed your case though.
You are literally quoting me playstyle based attacks and acting like they are somehow not. Are you serious that
comments along the lines of "he's so terrible"
somehow are *not* playstyle based? Because that's what you're handing me.

If you believe any of the crap you are spewing, you're deluded. But then again your 'case' on me is pretty deluded too, so I would expect that from you. You're so hard on for my lynch you will distort anything to fit your deluded 'case'

I've quoted everything I have said on Boon, and if it took you less than 2 mins to respond, I call bullshit you even bothered to read it.

My posts against him are based on things he has done in game, most are quoted and responded to.
I never actually said he is terrible
And I challenge you to show me exactly where I said those words.
Go on, I bet you can not find them. Show me where I said he is terrible, because this is yet more bullshit you are throwing to buff your 'case'

this in particular I liked bc it takes a lot of balls to pull off the "I CHALLENGE YOU TO DO THIS" as scum. it reminds me of the kinds of posts I used to make as town a lot.

I added some bold of my own here.
Note that my initial stance was not (and never) you said these exact words.
Note that he "challenged" me to provide those *exact* words.
Note that I still provided quotes where, functionally, he was just calling Boon terrible (albeit, without using the word terrible he was *assuredly* calling him bad/terrible.a liability. et al)
And note that Jason never responded to that challenge.

It's a shell game - why are you buying this?
Seriously - this makes no sense to me, it was an obvious gamed play on Jason's part, and you're town reading it?
Look at it again, seriously.

In post 679, pieguyn wrote:if you go back through his ISO and cross reference this, what he is saying here is consistent. he is not pushing that Boon is scum for self-meta'ing. he is pushing that Boon is scum for explicitly *boasting about* his self-meta of hammering town reads and that this is not something he has done as town.

I agree that he has done this and will even agree that it is a non-playstyle based element of a meta case with one counter example based off Boon being scum for bringing up a game.
I don't think it means what Jason is telling me it means - and he assuredly coached it in liability language until after I started attacking him about it.

In post 679, pieguyn wrote:now, this obviously isn't a town tell. it makes as much sense coming from either town or scum. the reason I think this makes him town is that, when you look at it from this POV, his frustration and indignation the entire game makes a lot more sense. it's a town player who is annoyed at having to constantly repeat what he's saying, while not realizing what he's saying isn't actually clear.

I could buy that except for the skeevy stuff, like the aforementioned shell game. He feels annoyed, but it feels like 'I'mma caught!' annoyed more than 'why don't you get this!?!' annoyed. Like how he's complaining that I want claims? Do you actually think he buys that as a scumtell, much less a scumtell on me? Yet he keeps tossing it up as chaff to support his vote on me (as far as I'm aware it *is* his case on me). That feels like the same shallow no-hunt he's using on Boon. He finds something that "looks bad" and then pushes it without actually justifying the scum concept.

Like take his meta case on Boon. Okay, in one game Boon, as scum, brought up a game where, as town, Boon hammered a town read...okay...and he brought up that game here as well.
That's not actually much of a case. I *don't* believe Jason really made the connection of 'mentioning this game is a scum tell'. I don't buy that, especially since if you look at it in context, Jason attacked Boon for a sloppy and strange read (a read I think Boon did a good job of defending, honestly) and Boon also responded with a tongue in cheek toss up of 'here's how I play, I admit it's derpy, but...' and did so *after* offering an otherwise solid defense. Jason was already on him and already attacking him for weak reads and play when Boon did the 'scumtell' that you (and he) are wanting me to buy as a center of his issue. No, it was playstyle with the attached issue, but the commentary literally came up because his playstyle was being attacked (and, in my opinion, being unfairly attacked at that time)

In post 682, Trojan Horse wrote:My knowledge of current site meta is pretty much nonexistent (having not played for three years), so let me ask the group: is it common these days to use bodyguard in normal games? I'm guessing the answer is no...

Define common?

It is assuredly not 'Doc' or 'Cop' or even 'Tracker' or 'Vig'.
But I have certainly seen it off and on in games. I would call it a common uncommon role...? It's not likely, but its appearance wouldn't make me auto-doubt it. I will agree I think it's a safe scum claim role, as, literally all you need to justify is targeting someone who wasn't nightkilled each night and it's only hindered by trackers, and has logical built in excuses of roleblocking/redirecting. But I would not argue oddity as an issue with it beyond the 'unlikely counter' aspect.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, I suppose my unmoved vote makes my opinion clear (especially with me as the top counter) but I don't particularly buy the Jason claim.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

(And forgot this in my tabs;)

In post 678, pieguyn wrote:his role is a death sentence if scum. if jason happens to be alive on D4, then we can reconsider it, but this is one of those roles that naturally works itself out either way.

This is a mini, aren't you kind of self-defeating your own logic here? Day 4 might not even happen, and even if it does it's kind of a questionable time to then assess. The real suggestion is keeping him alive up until massclaim time/another defensive role, yeah?

And his claim is practically a defensive role soft hunt in addition to being protective if he's scum.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

The fact that after a protective claim, there has been 0 unvotes HEAVILY implies this wagon is scum driven and want to see it through. Town would, at least in some way be doubting their reads. In fact, it has made three people even more determined to see it through. (Thor, Horse and SK)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:15 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Trojan - What are Tammys thoughts. Over a week after being asked about Tammy's read on me, you still have stalled on it.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:29 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 688, jasonT1981 wrote:Trojan - What are Tammys thoughts. Over a week after being asked about Tammy's read on me, you still have stalled on it.

No further word from Tammy yet. She is getting ready to defend her dissertation; given that, I'm surprised she has enough time left for her own game, let alone the rest of the games.

After your claim, I don't need a read from Tammy. I'm ready to lynch you now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:12 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 662, Malakittens wrote:Pie I know you have mentioned that Notty is reading this game, but how much has Mara and Mastin read? Whats their take on things?

Anyways more later.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Though I have my doubts it's not enough to make me want to vote Jason today.

The conviction over his boon meta tell looks town, the logic behind it is lacking. The idea that Thor is trying to out power roles is an empty argument.

In post 682, Trojan Horse wrote:I know we're not supposed to outguess the mod, but if bodyguard is such a bad role, do you really think it would've been used in Team Mafia? I doubt it.

The rest of your post is fine, (and I cannot speak to the popularity of the bodyguard role; I have no idea)

But this line looks like the purpose of this is to discredit jason's claim based on the fact that pie's opinion is that bodyguards are bad and therefore mods wouldn't include it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 687, jasonT1981 wrote:The fact that after a protective claim, there has been 0 unvotes HEAVILY implies this wagon is scum driven and want to see it through. Town would, at least in some way be doubting their reads. In fact, it has made three people even more determined to see it through. (Thor, Horse and SK)

4 people on your wagon have voiced opinion on your claim without showing any doubts - by your definition that would make the scum team 4 people strong and all of them voting you.
I don't think your claim is as strong as you are implying here.

If you are town then, yeah, there is scum on you, I'd happily agree. I would also agree that they wouldn't particularly care to move their vote (or would jackrabbit instantly) and will agree that the 4 sitting on you are a potentially suspect set.
But this commentary is not actually analysis of what people are doing - it is fearmongering to avoid a lynch.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 676, Boonskiies wrote:I've stated why. My team, specifically GuyInFeezer, says that Jason and Mala are town.

I'm trusting it.

I couldn't really blame boonskiies for jumping onto jason, so the fact that he doesn't gives me pause wrt my previous read on him.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Okay. The first time I ever lynched a PR-claim D1 (Scumdon invitational) they were town and I really regretted it, and the second time I was unwillingly involved in a similar lynch as a hydra (Wicked Mafia), they were also town - and it made me super angry at my hydra partner. And whilst I understand the argument in favour of still lynching the claimant (otherwise scum can always fake claim to avoid a D1 lynch), I'm currently of the position that it annoys me so much if I'm wrong that I don't want to risk it.

And my scum read on Jason is not strong enough that I'd wouldn't prefer to give it a Day or two so he has a chance to confirm himself by dying in the Night.

UNVOTE:

For the people asking about bodyguards and mod-meta, for what it's worth, the last Nexus mini-game I played was a UK invitational that had Myko as a 1-shot-doc-1-shot-bodyguard. I find bodyguard a plausible role for this game.

I don't really know who I want to vote instead. I don't have any strong scum reads now, and it's basically impossible for me to re-read the game this week (I'm currently at the UK meet and aside from being busy, I'm connecting via my phone which takes about 10 minutes just to load a page).
My current reads list amounts to this:

pie - town
Dragons - prob town
Egg - maybe town
Jason - free pass for now

Trojan - mixed, not sure
Sleepy - no idea
Thor - no idea
Boon - no idea
Delta - null
sthar - null
Micc - null

Sorry; I am aware that's pretty lame, like I said I can't put as much effort into scum-hunting as I would like right now, and I'm not going to fake strong reads which I don't have.

CES thinks Thor is a reasonable lynch. The point that was made about him being deliberately aggressive as scum is a fair one (although his play is presumably similar as town). My reservation on lynching Thor is that I think he has a reputation for being good as town. But then, reputation isn't everything, and there are plenty of good players who don't have a reputation.

I'd be pretty happy lynching Boon, who I don't have any town read on and think I may never get a reliable read on. So! I'm willing to switch, but for now:

VOTE: Thor

pie - your extended reads list has an asterisk next to Micc and Delta. What did this mean? Sorry if the reason is obvious but I missed it.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:04 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I'm definitely not voting a D1 PR claim. I've basically been a non-participant with my team but I'm going to ask them what they think about what's going on, esp. Thor.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

Uf da!
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:08 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 696, Thor665 wrote:Uf da!

Someone's been reading the Ikea product catalog.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

No, just this game, they're easy to confuse though.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Boonskiies »

@Fenchurch - I become easier to read as the game goes on. Don't worry about that. I just suck at Day 1's.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”