Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 680, pieguyn wrote:
@sthar:
whatever happened to our Q/A session? I'm also wondering if you're town reading me now (and if you are, what in that exchange made you read me as town) or for specifically what reason you've stopped pushing me, notably given the fact that I still haven't responded to your last set of questions re: me from a while back.

I'll have full thoughts later, but I worked a 12 on Friday, did homework with the boy yesterday, got called to bus around the end of a teenage party last night, and I'm working a 12 today. I feel like you would know at least some of this if you were reading my posts. Please be patient.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 am

Post by sthar8 »

In the meantime, vote thor with me
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:31 am

Post by pieguyn »

OK hold on - when I say I wish bodyguard wouldn't be used, that is not me saying bodyguard is an uncommon role or unlikely to actually be in the game. the last mini normal I played had a bodyguard in it as well. it's a perfectly common role, I just don't like it.

anyway, we're lynching Thor today. and if jason somehow gets lynched, we're speedlynching Thor tomorrow
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:36 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 662, Malakittens wrote:Pie I know you have mentioned that Notty is reading this game, but how much has Mara and Mastin read? Whats their take on things?

I don't think either of them are reading this game. notsci hasn't really read much of it, either, the only read he gave me was that you were town.

In post 694, Fenchurch wrote:pie - your extended reads list has an asterisk next to Micc and Delta. What did this mean? Sorry if the reason is obvious but I missed it.

I literally just copied the OP's player list and didn't bother to remove the asterisks. :p
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:38 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 686, Thor665 wrote:The real suggestion is keeping him alive up until massclaim time/another defensive role, yeah?

yes

and part of the reason you're scum is because town-you would realize how fucking basic this is instead of ignoring it
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:37 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 682, Trojan Horse wrote:I know we're not supposed to outguess the mod, but if bodyguard is such a bad role, do you really think it would've been used in Team Mafia? I doubt it.
Jason's claim looks like an attempt to claim a power role that won't be counterclaimed.

Want to make a note here as I believe you have this backwards- surely if I was going to claim something, as scum, it would make more sense to claim something that
WOULD
be countered to out a more powerful role?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 704, pieguyn wrote:
In post 686, Thor665 wrote:The real suggestion is keeping him alive up until massclaim time/another defensive role, yeah?

yes

and part of the reason you're scum is because town-you would realize how fucking basic this is instead of ignoring it

You're ignoring the more pertinent information I discussed with you to debate meaningless gak.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 691, Save The Dragons wrote:The conviction over his boon meta tell looks town, the logic behind it is lacking.
The idea that Thor is trying to out power roles is an empty argument

I want to bring this to your attention.

In post 543, Thor665 wrote:

In post 532, jasonT1981 wrote:He has a few times posted about forcing through the lynch or at least to the point of a claim. It does seem he wants to out roles partly.

This is true - I do wish to out some roles.

This is why I am saying Thor wants to out roles... as it came directly from Thor himself.

Thor, what roles are you trying to out, exactly?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

Eh, whatevs.

@Mod - v/la till Wed 15th April

@Game - you all suck.

Claim: Hider

And I'll be protecting Jason if neither of us are lynched because, yeah, I don't like his claim.
If Jason is lynched then I'll hide behind STD because, frankly, if scum wants me and is happy to shoot him I suspect it helps town regardless.
I also loathe that this took so long and I have a derp speed wagon on me that sprung out of nowhere at the 11th hour that lacks a hammer intent prior to my work schedule going screwy *paired* with my total inability to describe the case on me beyond "Thor is a mean face! Wah!" Seriously.

Also; my wagon is comprised of three players I called scum long before they ever voted me; thus ends my wagon analysis.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 707, jasonT1981 wrote:Thor, what roles are you trying to out, exactly?

You are either playing dumb, are scum, or both. I am not discussing that with you and if you really don't grok it click my wiki and "learn" abotu forcing claims as a scumhunting tool.
:roll:
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:51 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 684, Thor665 wrote:Like how he's complaining that I want claims?

Except, you have.....

I want to note - thor has been pushing for claims from the start.. this was 5 (real life) days into the game. 4th April.. He stated he wanted it pushed to a claim

In post 327, Thor665 wrote:am fine with the Jason push and find the wagon to feel mostly good, I'm honestly kind of worried that it still remains the best wagon - I think we need a hammer intent and claim soon just to clarify ourselves on the wagon

Again, calling for a claim, saying it was needed a week ago

In post 590, Thor665 wrote:here is zero evidence to suggest that I would bend to Nacho's wishes - especially over a read based on "he has energy" especially in this game of all ruddy games. We needed a claim a week ago
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:52 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 709, Thor665 wrote:You are either playing dumb, are scum, or both. I am not discussing that with you and if you really don't grok it click my wiki and "learn" abotu forcing claims as a scumhunting tool.

in your own words, you were looking to out some role... why do you not want to discuss this
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:53 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

argh fuck to the claim...

unvote
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

well this is a shitfest. I'll figure out who I want to vote later today once I finish writing this paper and can reread some.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Urgh - I do have a thought.. but its very close to deadline and already after 10pm here

Look at both mine, and Thor wagons... look at who was on them at the height of the wagon pre claim. See who was on them both.

Then look at those and see who made the easiest jumps onto the wagons.

I think we will find scum in that.

It has been brought up in our team thread that it is of the thought Boon is town due to his post #676. I am sticking by the fact I think Boon is scum but today is not his lynch and I am, reluctantly at this point stepping back as he is not a scum read of any of my team right now.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:36 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 714, jasonT1981 wrote:Then look at those and see who made the easiest jumps onto the wagons.

sthar's jump onto Thor came off as really odd to me. will probably go back and check this later

either way, I want to see what he does at this point, especially given he said before he can't post as much as he'd like
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:59 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

UNVOTE:
Dammit you people are going to make me actually read.
To be clear: quack
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 716, SleepyKrew wrote:UNVOTE:

god forbid you actually do that in a game where you actually.... need to read?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:05 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

For someone who was damn adiment to push the lynch through, even with claim, so far as refusing to engage any further with me and pressing others to vote

In post 669, SleepyKrew wrote:Hmmmmm
Yeah I think I'm fine keeping my vote there.

In post 671, SleepyKrew wrote:
I promise to try to make this be my only post about not engaging jason before his bloody bloody neck death

In post 675, SleepyKrew wrote:Boon why are you not voting jason?

Why the sudden change now?

In post 716, SleepyKrew wrote:UNVOTE:
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

My case on Thor was never "he's mean." It's that I could not see a rationale pro-town reason for being not only mean, but obtuse and verbose. It looked intentional to me.

Calling me whiney and bad whether true or not doesn't refute that fact.

In post 708, Thor665 wrote:Also; my wagon is comprised of three players I called scum long before they ever voted me; thus ends my wagon analysis.

Are all three scum?

In post 707, jasonT1981 wrote:I want to bring this to your attention.

In post 543, Thor665 wrote:

In post 532, jasonT1981 wrote:He has a few times posted about forcing through the lynch or at least to the point of a claim. It does seem he wants to out roles partly.

This is true - I do wish to out some roles.

This is why I am saying Thor wants to out roles... as it came directly from Thor himself.

But the problem is that wagons form, people claim all the time; why does it make Thor scum for acknowledging that? Do you think scumthor publicly announced an anti-town desire to get as many claims as possible out into the open? That's my issue.

Unvote
for now
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:08 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 535, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 498, SleepyKrew wrote:jason
Tell me why this is an inaccurate portrayal of events:

Thor: "Your push on Boon is a policy lynch because you think his playstyle is terrible."
jason: "No."
Thor: "Here are a few examples of you calling Boon a liability (which is not something you'd call a scumread, but definitely something you'd say about someone you're trying to policy lynch)."
jason: "No. Look at the time he said he'd hammer his townreads. Who would want to hammer townreads? Only scum!"
SleepyKrew: "Wasn't he talking about a past game to defend his playstyle? That quote has nothing to do with hammering townreads in this game."
jason: "No. It was actually scummy because he mentioned the same meta as scum once."

Can you show me where you responded to this?

PEDIT:
1. A lot of posts happened since the last time I checked the thread
2. I don't think either you or Thor are lynchable today anymore
3. Quilford is fairly confident that you're town
4. I'm panicking scum
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:21 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

SK - while not responding directly to you on this, I have addressed it a few times already.

My team seem to think Horse could be a good lynch for today.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Ugh. I feel like an idiot now for explaining that I don't want to lynch a D1 PR-claim, because that is basically telling scum they ought to fake claim and increasing chances of a town lynch. I mean I guess it does at least hinder scum play by locking them into a particular claim for the rest of the game, but some claims, like the Hider one, might be hard to disprove.

Ugh ugh ugh.

I dont like Thor's claim as much as Jason's because it came after I said that, and for the claim itself. Bodyguard is a harder fakeclaim to maintain as there are likely to be points in the game where he'd be expected to die. Whereas CES thinks hider is a 'fashionable fake claim' for scum, in part because it's not hard to justify your continued survival as one. He also points out that it's no longer on the Normal whitelist, and CDB thinks it's not the type of role Nexus would use. So my team are more inclined to lynch Thor than Jason, but that's based largely on the claims as they haven't kept up with all of the game.

In post 714, jasonT1981 wrote:Look at both mine, and Thor wagons... look at who was on them at the height of the wagon pre claim. See who was on them both.

I think it'd be foolish to only look at the wagons. I've been on both, and aside from the fact that I know I'm not scum, wagons are required to get lynches, and lynches are pro-town.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 721, jasonT1981 wrote:SK - while not responding directly to you on this, I have addressed it a few times already.
In post 720, SleepyKrew wrote:Can you show me where
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:27 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 722, Fenchurch wrote:He also points out that it's no longer on the Normal whitelist

Why does this part matter?

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”