Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

Vote Count 1.1
saad 2 (Wanderer-nl, BlueBloodedToffee)

Wyvernite 1 (Plotinus)
Plotinus 1 (Skold)
Mofonugen 1 (Argos)
Skold 1 (saad)

Not Voting 3 (Mofonugen, Wyvernite, singersigner)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline will be edited in when I'm not at work.
Last edited by Cephrir on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:56 am

Post by singersigner »

vote: Mofonugen

Preview Edit:
I think you replaced into like two others or something? You replaced into Nobody Special's game, but that might be the only one. Not really that important.

As far as saad goes, I like my vote where it is right now.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:58 am

Post by singersigner »

From your friendly IC, a few things that might help you in your time here:

Read this, this, and/or this. They will help explain things that I might over look or not think I need to explain. If you have any questions about navigating the main page of the wiki, or anything else that happens in-game, I’d be more than happy to answer them.

Claiming:
Do not claim, except in the cases of L-1 or LyLo (if you don't know what these terms mean, where are you going to find them? If you answered "the wiki", you win. What you win is irrelevant). Claiming only serves two purposes: it gives scum more information than they need to have, and it distracts town.

Please note:
"Town" is an alignment. By being town-aligned, you can have one of a few roles: Cop, Doctor, Jailkeeper, Bullet Proof, or Civilian (also known as Vanilla Townie - VT - or townie). Saying that you are townie, VT, or civilian means that you are claiming a role, even if not a power role. You don't want to do this, as it can narrow the field on potential legitimate power roles, thus making it easier for the scum to pick them off.

Voting:
You should do it. Do not be afraid to vote. Voting can and does create discussion. Even if you think you don't have enough evidence for a vote, feel free to lay out what you do have. More discussion helps town. Less discussion hurts town. If you still don't think you have enough for a vote, lay out your evidence and add a FoS - finger of suspicion, meaning you find the person suspicious but aren't ready to vote.

Please note:
DO NOT BE AFRAID TO DIE. Remember, you win if your alignment wins,
NOT
if you survive until the end. Yes, it sucks to get killed, but the goal is to win, not to survive.

Posting:
You should do it. You should always do your best to post your thoughts as often as possible because posting generates discussion.

My suggestion:
Go for posting at least once a day, if not more. Sometimes games vary in discussion levels, but the easiest way to catch scum is by getting them to talk, and the easiest way to catch those who don’t talk is by posting. The scum are not going to sit around with signs over their heads asking to be caught. You have to ask the hard questions and get them out into the open and make them mess up or say things they shouldn't. And I don't mean ask questions like, "How are you doing today?" Ask people about their motivations for doing things, or why they said things the way they did. Mafia is a game of details, and sometimes you have to be nitpicky.

Wall posts:
Theoretically this helps the town because you’re getting your ideas out there for the town to see, read, and ultimately assess and analyze their own reads from; however, the more that’s written, the less people want to read, and the more that gets lost in translation.

My suggestion:
Preview your posts to make sure only what needs to be said is said. Also, separate ideas by paragraphs, with a couple sentences each. This allows longer posts to be read with ease, and will more likely help others see all the information you/d like to say as opposed to potentially glossing over something that could be really important. Note how I’m formatting this post, though a little paragraphy as it is (also note that I don’t expect everyone to all of a sudden post this way ;) ).

I like tomatoes.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Skold »

In post 21, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't see the point in random questions that lead to random, non alignment-indicative, jokey answers. Do you?

Back from my food and this jumped out as a massively...kill-joyish. It's the early stages of a game, I damn well EXPECT joke questions. AND joke answers.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Skold »

And no I didn't get the role I wanted. Was hoping for Serial Killer, now I just got Survivor.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:07 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Trying to prolong RVS ^^.

Scummy.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Skold »

In post 30, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Trying to prolong RVS ^^.

Scummy.

I have no bloody clue if this is serious. But it shouldn't be. Can't we wait until a couple more people have joined? Jesus I have to have OPINIONS already? Fucking OPINIONS? What is the world coming to?
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 21, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Everything he has posted so far looks scummy.

I will elaborate when more people have posted.

You're talking as if you're not a newbie. So this is an alt?

I don't see the point in random questions that lead to random, non alignment-indicative, jokey answers. Do you?

This is my second game. I spent a lot of my first game reading the wiki and spectating randoming other people's games, including some non newbie games, so I am picking up the jargon. I'm not an alt. I know your signature says you don't like meta and I think I agree with that for figuring out if someone is scum or town, but if you want to look at my early posts in my last game just to gauge cluelessness you can do that. It's fine if you don't.

My main weakness right now are not being good at generating accurate reads on people. I also seemed to tunnel a lot last game even when I was trying not to, so I'm going to keep working on those things. I am also terrible at telling whether someone is buddying me because they're scum or because they're townreading me. (Last game the scum succeeded in befriending me and I was on the wagons of two lynched town members (one of them a cop) who were correctly townreading me and thought we could be friends). Because of all of this I still consider myself a newbie.

I agree that jokey answers aren't alignment indicative but I'm not sure it's possible to skip the tedious stage of the game where nobody knows anything about anybody else and has nothing to go on. It's page 1 of day 1 and I'm still in RVS/fluff mode. I expect I will have null reads on everyone for at least the first few pages, but once people start talking to each other and interacting with each other, it'll be easier to read people and post things that aren't fluff. People talking to each other can only help with getting to that stage, though. Even the non newbie games I've spectated spend their first few pages doing /confirm and rvs and random chatter.

In post 24, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Singer & Plotinus; are either of you interested in voting saad?

Meh, maybe later. Are you trying to create a town voting block with singer and I?

pedit: hi singer! huh, I thought townie meant town aligned. It happened in my last game that I was trying to talk from the perspective "us town aligned people" and probably did use the word townie and people thought i was roleclaiming. It was true that I was a vanilla townie in that game but I didn't think I was roleclaiming when I wrote it and I didn't understand until now why they thought that.

I am really bad about making walls (and there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the length of my wall and the accuracy of my read), but I am getting better at just hiding them behind a spoiler tag and posting a tl dr at the end.

pedit:

In post 31, Skold wrote:
In post 30, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Trying to prolong RVS ^^.

Scummy.

I have no bloody clue if this is serious. But it shouldn't be. Can't we wait until a couple more people have joined? Jesus I have to have OPINIONS already? Fucking OPINIONS? What is the world coming to?

Said it much better and more succinctly than I did!
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Wyvernite »

VOTE: Skold

On a sidenote, what is your favorite kind of pasta?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:18 am

Can we stop with trying to continue pointless discussion?

The game has relevant information that needs to be discussed.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:20 am

In post 31, Skold wrote:

Yes, it's serious.

Why wait when we have serious things to discuss? RVS is an ice-breaker, we have broken the ice and I have found scum.

We should be discussing this.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:34 am

- Singer, it's still role-fishing. It's just a little more subtle. Nothing stops someone from replying with something like 'I rolled town and I'm glad because I hate playing as scum.'

- You're right Skold, I am trying to kill the early jokes/random bullshit. There is a reason for that and I have expressed it. Tell me what you think about what I have said regarding saad.

- This post feels town and I'm going to go ahead and say that I won't be lynching Plotinus toDay.

I'm not creating a town bloc with you and Singer, I'm not town reading Singer. I would like to work with you though.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

saad's reason to vote looked a little too fabricated to me. Definitely on the scum-side of null for me. But I am considering the fact that he's new and that the first random vote fell on him, which could have scared him a little, so I'm very curious to read more from him. So my vote stays for now.

BBT wants to get out of RVS, that looks very townie to me.

Skold isn't in a rush to get out of RVS, and at this stage this doesn't really alarm me. Not much more content to work with. Still null.

About plotinus: let me say right now we just finished a game together (I'm not a big believer in meta myself but if anyone is curious, here it is: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61104)
@lotinus: I don't really understand what you mean with town voting block. Didn't want to ask before you got an answer, but that is still not making it too clear to me. And I also can't find it at the wiki.

Everyone else still reads null to me, so I hope they start posting (more) soon.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:00 am

Post by saad »

ok bluebloodedtoffee, now it's time to get down to business.

why the vote on me?
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Wyvernite »

Why wait when we have serious things to discuss? RVS is an ice-breaker, we have broken the ice and I have found scum.

Because he decided to make a jovial post about roles/allignment? This seems unnessasarily inflammatory. It will spark discussion, but it won't exactly be produtive. We're on page two, which is only about 1 page of content, since moderator's posts take up a fair amount of page one. I see nothing scummy or really wrong with keeping RVS going a little bit longer. I'd tone your posts down. It isn't going to accomplish anything productive. We'll just have lots of posts, similar to yours, without any content.

Let the town talk for a bit, and then we can see who's inactive, and who really lacks content. Both of which are scum behavior. If we try to start super serious reads and discussion this early, we have nothing to go off of.

If you insist to start going for reads this early, your own posts seem to not be that well thought out, as you have 3 posts over the course of 30 minutes, none of which are more than 5 lines, most of which is fluff. I'm not sure if you're scum, or town just acting like an ass to draw out a bandwagon on yourself. Time will tell I guess.

Everyone so far imo is null. I will say this though
My main weakness right now are not being good at generating accurate reads on people. I also seemed to tunnel a lot last game even when I was trying not to, so I'm going to keep working on those things.

This kinda seems like an excuse for bad play, before anything even started. It's a newbie game, everyone knows you're gonna be new and make mistakes. Why point it out? Everything else seems town-leaning though.

I realize this post kinda has atone similar to Tofee's, but I think the difference between the two is the intensity of the wording.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:02 am

Post by saad »

In post 37, Wanderer-nl wrote:saad's reason to vote looked a little too fabricated to me. Definitely on the scum-side of null for me. But I am considering the fact that he's new and that the first random vote fell on him, which could have scared him a little, so I'm very curious to read more from him. So my vote stays for now.

BBT wants to get out of RVS, that looks very townie to me.

Skold isn't in a rush to get out of RVS, and at this stage this doesn't really alarm me. Not much more content to work with. Still null.

About plotinus: let me say right now we just finished a game together (I'm not a big believer in meta myself but if anyone is curious, here it is: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61104)
@lotinus: I don't really understand what you mean with town voting block. Didn't want to ask before you got an answer, but that is still not making it too clear to me. And I also can't find it at the wiki.

Everyone else still reads null to me, so I hope they start posting (more) soon.

not townie at all lol. seems like thats an excuse for an early tr to me. :cop:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:02 am

Indeed it is.

Post incoming.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:03 am

Post by saad »

nice avi wyvernite.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 am

Saad, I will ask you this; why did you not RVS in your first post?
Mofonugen
Mofonugen
Townie
Mofonugen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:12 am

Post by Mofonugen »

VOTE: Saad

As soon as a single vote fell he defended himself. A sign of a noob, yes, but a sign of a scummy noob.
That being said, I would really hate to meta down a newbie game like that. So let's hope I'm wrong.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Wyvernite »

Saad had seemed null up until this post. It could be nerves, as wanderer I believe pointed out, due to him being first vote. This however seems to be scummy. He doesn't really provide an argument/defense of his own, and instead just tries to deflect suspicion onto BBT for pointing a finger, which isn't really anything to get overly wound-up about. I feel like he's subtly trying to start a BW on BBT. All of this is theory ofc, it's a bit too early in the game to be incredibly sure of ones' reads/accusations.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:14 am

Post by saad »

In post 43, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Saad, I will ask you this; why did you not RVS in your first post?

rvs is shit, my vote was a serious vote.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 am

Post by saad »

In post 45, Wyvernite wrote:

Saad had seemed null up until this post. It could be nerves, as wanderer I believe pointed out, due to him being first vote. This however seems to be scummy. He doesn't really provide an argument/defense of his own, and instead just tries to deflect suspicion onto BBT for pointing a finger, which isn't really anything to get overly wound-up about. I feel like he's subtly trying to start a BW on BBT. All of this is theory ofc, it's a bit too early in the game to be incredibly sure of ones' reads/accusations.

you are misinterpreting what i am saying.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 am

It most certainly did not read as a serious vote. (Did anybody read saad's vote as a serious vote?)

If it was, I want to lynch you even more.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:16 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 44, Mofonugen wrote:VOTE: Saad

As soon as a single vote fell he defended himself. A sign of a noob, yes, but a sign of a scummy noob.
That being said, I would really hate to meta down a newbie game like that. So let's hope I'm wrong.

Meta down a newbie game? What does that mean?

What makes it more scummy, than noob?

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”