Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

And, as an afterthought to my last post, I would like to add that JDodge turned out to be a townie in that game. So, I presume making comments and not disclosing his reasons is JDodge's usual style... right? (has anyone played with him before?)
I'm back!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 am

Post by JDodge »

I think you'll find that attempting to metagame me is a waste of everyone's time.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

JordanA24 wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:Jordan do post a decent case. At least something for me to respond too which is worth my time.
I think my previous case was good enough. And you responded to it with WIFOM and over-defensiveness.
theopor_COD wrote: You know your not exactly smelling of roses yourself.
How so? I'm guessing here you're just trying to distract me from getting evidence against you.
Your previous case was just based on my lack of posts so far this day. I'm not the only one, am I?
From viewing the front page these guys have been just as quiet - even more so

ChannelDelibird
bethelmark
Rand Althor

You also seem to throw suspicion at those who boarded the Ryan wagon late.
JordanA24 wrote:With 2 deaths, it looks like one of the SK's targetted another one, that makes me doubly certain that at least one of Butte, Yagami, Theo and Sir Tornado is an SK. I'll reread ASAP.

The reasoning is that those four made themselves look especially scummy with Ryan's quicklynch (or at least to me), making them, if SK's wanted to know the identity of another SK, prime targets.
I disagree. Those at the end of the wagon are more likely to be townies as doing such thing would attract attention for today - hence be possible lynch candidates. I'd hedge my bets the serials started the Ryan wagon or avoided it completely.

Infact I'm going to raise my theory on the serials, it's probably totally crap but here goes anyway.

The serial killers are more likely to have not been replaced. I can see newbie townies flaking through boredom, however I think newbie serial killers will keep playing due to the excitement, hence anyone who's replaced in . . . I'm not going to look at voting, thus I'm looking at these chaps. I'd guess 2 serials in here . . . one may have flaked.

ChannelDelibird
ButteBlues
YogurtBandit
bethelmark
Rand Althor
Qman
DYH
Sir Tornado

My second point for catching the serial scum is that they'll still be active and more prominently playing pro-town, yeh I guess one could be hardcore lurking but I think it's likely they're acting as pro-town as possible, which means probably avoiding suspicion and hence not joining the late wagon on Ryan. They will also avoid making incredibly scummy posts which attract attention like Lowells.

Of these guys CDB, Bethelmark and Rand Althor are on uber-lurk.
Qman has popped up recently with some maths stuff.
DYH prominent in the early push at Ryan
ButteBlues has been aggressive most of the game, looks pro-town (exactly how the serial wants to look)
Sir Tornado - another who seems to be escaping criticism.
Yogurt - just seems to be playing Yogurt.

Of these guys I think I'd rather lynch of the bottom four.
unvote, vote ButteBlues

Thoughts?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Meh just noticed ButteBlues was one of those who leapt onto the Ryan wagon at the death. I feel happier about him and Yogurt.

unvote, vote DYH
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

THeo, I agree with you about the end of the wagon, and would like to add to it. I would think they are people who thought like I did about it not being likely we would get scumtells day one.
I would also agree with you about the flaking, but it is still possible that an SK has flaked, so don't close your mind to those people who have replaced in, maybe focus a little more on the others, but look at the replacements too,also your 2 in this list thing doesn't mean too much, because that's a little more than half of us now, so the chances would be good with any 8 that there are 2 in there.
The pro town bit, everyone is trying to look pro-town, SK and Townie alike. Judging people off that is a logical fallacy.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

I'm not sure about the theory that SK's would not want to join the end of a wagon, SK's want the day ended quickly. Maybe they wouldn't be the very last ones, more likely the few before the last couple, which in this case is:

Yogurt, Sir T, Theo

I agree with you about the replacements though, I know if I had an SK role, I wouldn't want to be replaced, IMO SK is the coolest role you could have, you get to kill every night without having to cover up for scumbuddies. We shouldn't ignore those who have replaced in completely, but I think it's more likely that SK's would be among those who have not been replaced.

But then again, both Sir T and Yogurt have posted loads today, I'm not sure which evidence is stronger, mine about posting today or replacements. For now,
FOS: Yogurt & Sir T
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

theopor_COD wrote:My second point for catching the serial scum is that they'll still be active and more prominently playing pro-town, yeh I guess one could be hardcore lurking but I think it's likely they're acting as pro-town as possible, which means probably avoiding suspicion and hence not joining the late wagon on Ryan. They will also avoid making incredibly scummy posts which attract attention like Lowells.
I find this entire part very WIFOMish.

I don't know how you play the game theo, but I treat my games a commitment. I try to sign up only those many games which can be handled by me keeping in mind my RL schedule. I am deeply offended by your comment that I am SK because I have not asked for replacement yet. I have not yet asked for replacement in any of my games so far on this site, because I feel asking for replacement is bad and causes some inconvenience to the mod and other players and should be avoided as far as possible. I have never been replaced in any of my games; so, are you trying to say that I am scum in all of my games?
JordanA24 wrote:I agree with you about the replacements though, I know if I had an SK role, I wouldn't want to be replaced, IMO SK is the coolest role you could have, you get to kill every night without having to cover up for scumbuddies.
Do you want to be replaced Jordan? If you don't, then is this an admission that you are a SK?

Personally, I feel SK role sucks. You are all alone by yourself in the game without anyone on your own side with a very low chance of winning the game.

I see absolutely no correlation between replacements and having specific roles. As per my understanding of replacements, they should be asked if you have problems with playing the game (RL issues, problems with other players, w/e) not for signing off from games where you don't like your roles. If the rest of the players don't agree here, and are going to accuse me of being an SK only because I have not asked for being replaced, I will ask to be replaced, just so that the town can have one person less to consider as a possible SK.
JordanA24 wrote:But then again, both Sir T and Yogurt have posted loads today, I'm not sure which evidence is stronger, mine about posting today or replacements. For now, FOS: Yogurt & Sir T
I am not sure if I understood what you were saying here. Can you repost this in more clearer terms?
I'm back!
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Sir Tornado wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:I agree with you about the replacements though, I know if I had an SK role, I wouldn't want to be replaced, IMO SK is the coolest role you could have, you get to kill every night without having to cover up for scumbuddies.
Do you want to be replaced Jordan? If you don't, then is this an admission that you are a SK?
Of course it's not, I'm very happy with my townie role, and I certainly wouldn't admit I was an SK if I was one under no pressure at all.
Sir Tornado wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:But then again, both Sir T and Yogurt have posted loads today, I'm not sure which evidence is stronger, mine about posting today or replacements. For now, FOS: Yogurt & Sir T
I am not sure if I understood what you were saying here. Can you repost this in more clearer terms?
I'm saying that I'm not sure whether to stick with my vote on Theo, or put it on you or Yogurt because of the replacement thing. But I think it'll stay on Theo, since someone may want to be replaced for issues outside the game as well.

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:51 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

JordanA24 wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
Of course it's not, I'm very happy with my townie role, and I certainly wouldn't admit I was an SK if I was one under no pressure at all.
Sir Tornado wrote:
I'm saying that I'm not sure whether to stick with my vote on Theo, or put it on you or Yogurt because of the replacement thing. But I think it'll stay on Theo, since someone may want to be replaced for issues outside the game as well.
Don't you see the contradiction in your own post?

1. You claim that you don't want to be replaced and are perfectly happy with your townie role

2. You contemplate voting me or YB because we haven't been replaced yet.

From this, I can draw 2 inferences:

1) You are incapable of imagining that I or YB or both of us can be happy with our own townie roles.

2) You actually don't have a townie role, which is why you are happy with it, and feel I and YB don't have the townie role because we are happy with our roles.

Which one is it?
I'm back!
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

See the end of my post, my vote stays on Theo because I think replacements can happen for things outside the game. And also, they do have much less to do with roles than ingame activity.

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

EBWOP:

There should have been an "OR" connector between the 2 inferences I draw in my post 708
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

JordanA24 wrote:See the end of my post, my vote stays on Theo because I think replacements can happen for things outside the game. And also, they do have much less to do with roles than ingame activity.
So, why did you FOS me and YB? My post 708 still stands because of this.
I'm back!
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:01 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Well, my point is still sort of valid (though less so since I thought about the replacement issue), so I FOSed you, but those FOS's are rather less important now that I've thought about the issue.

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:07 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Unvote

Vote: JordanA24

Don't find your replies satisfactory, sorry. I don't buy that you changed your opinion so much in 140 minutes.

FOSes are quite a serious matter, I assure.
I'm back!
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:10 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Of course my opinion can change in 2 hours, it's not that big a difference, thinking replacements are quite a big tell to it not being such a big tell.

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:18 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

JordanA24 wrote:Of course my opinion can change in 2 hours, it's not that big a difference, thinking replacements are quite a big tell to it not being such a big tell.
It is when you were considering voting for me and YB and now say that even the FOSes don't matter.

I think that you never thought that replacement was a scum tell at all. You were merely trying to build up on theo's theory and try to get us lynched. You did not vote for me or YB because at that point you were waiting to see if anyone else supported that theory. Had no one done so and counter accused theo, you already had your vote on him. Had they supported the theory, you would have turned that FOS you had on both of us into a vote on one of us.
I'm back!
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:29 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Sir Tornado wrote:I think that you never thought that replacement was a scum tell at all. You were merely trying to build up on theo's theory and try to get us lynched. You did not vote for me or YB because at that point you were waiting to see if anyone else supported that theory. Had no one done so and counter accused theo, you already had your vote on him. Had they supported the theory, you would have turned that FOS you had on both of us into a vote on one of us.
If I wanted to get you lynched, I would have voted for you, I FOSed not because I was waiting for someone to agree, but because I wasn't certain that you were an SK, and I liked my theory that had Theo as an SK better.

VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:57 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Random Vote: DYH
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:05 am

Post by JordanA24 »

What are you doing VH? You should only Random Vote in the first few pages, when there's no real evidence to go by. But now we've got 29 pages of potential evidence.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:08 am

Post by Lowell »

VampanezeHunter wrote:
Random Vote: DYH
Hahah I like this guy. Gutsy. He's town.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:15 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I think Sir Tornado's over-reacted a bit here . . . just my initial thoughts.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

theopor_COD wrote: I think Sir Tornado's over-reacted a bit here . . . just my initial thoughts.
I did over react and that was because you did not point out anything scummy in the way I have played so far, but you hinted that I would have seeked replacement when I got my townie role, which I felt was an unfair judgement on your part.
I'm back!
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 am

Post by YagamiLight »

I think ST is reacting reasonable, even if he has said he overreacted, because he was FoS'ed for the posting thing (which I think was something about posting more today then yesterday, or vice versa) and for the replacements thing. Like has already been said, SK's could have been replaced because of RL issues.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Lowell »

Also, I'm confused, who is vamp replacing?
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:59 am

Post by JordanA24 »

VH is replacing CDB.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”