Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Marquis »

V O T E C O U N T
3 0 3

He was lying when he said he moved to L.A.
He's just hiding out on the other side of town
with his head in his hands and she's just 7 miles away.

— "Dark Blue Tennessee", unreleased

(3)
Aristophanes
— Not_Mafia, killerjester, Soren
(L-3)

(0)
Bookitty

(0)
Empking

(0)
Endless Possibilities

(0)
Espeonage

(0)
killerjester

(0)
LucianRoy

(0)
Not_Mafia

(0)
Soren

(0)
DarkLightA

(8)
Not Voting
— Aristophanes, Bookitty, Empking, Endless Possibilities, Espeonage, LucianRoy, DarkLightA

With
alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2015-04-30 16:30:00)
(Thu Apr 30 @ 16:30:00 EST).

Thank you to
killerjester
for the higher-quality audio link!

Note that this votecount is identical to , and is only here for visibility.
Last edited by Marquis on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
link in bio
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Espeonage »

I'm talking me personally. I'm not sure if it is the best to do a full massclaim today tbh. I think it comes down to if you think there are one or two scum left. If there is 1 scum left, the game might be solvable, however if there are two scum left they might have outs if they are smart enough to be able to hide in any plans that are made. If it's the latter massclaim is a probably a bad move, if it's the former then we probably want a massclaim.

Considering the fact that town so far has a flipped universal backup and mafia had a compulsive faith healer traitor, that would lead me to believe we are probably dealing with two mafia still alive, two types of negative utility on the same role that compound on each other v swingy and potentially very strong pr already seems lopsided.
Don't @ me.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:22 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 1037, Soren wrote:In response to your question. There is a paranoid dog owner who is confirmed town at this stage of the game. While there is also you who has claimed self watcher which is seemingly the same role as DLA. I don't really see why there would be two incredibly similar roles in a game. As I said before, given the nature of the roles, anyone can claim their role without the role screaming scum at someone. In my Greatest Idea Mafia game, someone claimed an investigative role. Did I assume he was town based on that? Yes. Why? Investigative roles are usually town. In my experience at least. But what did this guy's alignment turn out to be? Werewolf. So given such a past experience I can no longer safely assume that someone is town simply based on a role claim that is generally a townie role. So I begin to ask myself two questions: 1. Why are there two similar [town] roles in a game? 2. Can I safely assume that Bookitty is a townie self watcher simply based on her claim?

Under close inspection, there's two response to the first question. Perhaps there are two similar town roles in the game, I mean, they're not entirely the same role anyways. And there appear to be multiple of the same roles in the game anyways due to ika's role description saying that there is another faith healer. But the difference between ika's case and yours, is that you don't share the same role name as DLA. But of course, everyone has their own role catered to them based on their song choosing.

And the answer to question 2 is that I cannot safely assume that Bookitty is townie simply based on your claim. This is because I can imagine a self watcher who is mafia aligned because it is an informative role and is useful to mafias too.

Anyways the point that I am trying to make that:
1. It seems odd that there are two similar roles in the game and
2. I cannot safely assume that you are town simply based on your claim.

This is a good line of thought, and I have considered the same.

For Bookitty it was basically the worst case PR-scenario that I became a conftownie because of her play yesterday. She was pretty set on me being scum and the non-possibility of our roles both being in the game:
In post 817, Bookitty wrote:I'm happy with my vote given what I know about my own role PM.

I have several issues with Bookitty from yesterday, and I'm sort of glad that I'm conftown now because it means it doesn't look as much like OMGUS as it did yesterday. Ignoring the misrepresentations yesterday for now, this struck me:
In post 982, Bookitty wrote:
In post 980, DarkLightA wrote:
Spoiler: DLA
First things first: In light of Ika's flip I clearly look bad. And me looking bad from Day 1 doesn't help either. However, I stand by my play. I felt like it was much more likely for me to be targeted by town than scum, and a "compulsive faith healer" was basically one of the few roles in which scum would target me, because I looked bad. I'm happy to answer anything that people feel like I haven't cleared up sufficiently.

This is the opposite of true. If you had been scum, Ika targeting you would have killed him. You're now conftown.
Bask in your well-earned limelight.
:)

What's well-earned about it? Just at the end of day 2 Bookitty said:
In post 801, Bookitty wrote:If you think someone is town AND a power role, which DarkLightA claims he did, then pressuring that power role for a claim is one of the worst possible moves. Lying to try to force that claim
is inexcusable from town

Clearly, Bookitty is trying to get on my good side after yesterday, but it strikes me as scummy that she completely ignores what's happened and doesn't acknowledge it, rather trying to pretend that everything is nice and dandy.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:23 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 1047, Espeonage wrote:It would be funny if ika's target was the reason the kill got blocked.

No, I wasn't targeted.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Espeonage »

?
Don't @ me.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:28 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Ika targeted me, and I wasn't targeted by anyone else. Hence, the kill wasn't blocked by Ika.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Espeonage »

Ahk
Don't @ me.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:31 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I'd like to suggest an alternative to a massclaim. I could pick a select group of people to claim that I think are most likely to be scum, and only they would claim. Then a massclaim could happen later.

I think that would provide more information compared to the relative increase in knowledge of scum.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1052, DarkLightA wrote:What's well-earned about it?

It was humour. You had nothing to do with Ika targeting you, ergo, you didn't do anything to prove yourself as town. You just are.

I don't care if you guys want to lynch me, either. We have two scum down and only one left to go, so we can afford a couple of mislynches if it narrows down the possible scum pool.

I would think that my pushing of the Antihero lynch and my arguments on behalf of the Ika lynch would have proven my good intentions sufficiently, but if not, I don't really feel the need to defend myself against pushing you yesterday, DLA. I think you earned the push. If you really think I am scum who pushed the lynch of two of my partners for towncred I didn't even claim, then please lynch me. I promise to point and laugh at you in post-game :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Espeonage »

Boo, why are you so sure it's 1 left?
Don't @ me.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:47 am

Post by DarkLightA »

^ That is a
very
good question.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

@mod Was ika recruitable?
What would happen if ika was targetted with the scum night kill?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:49 am

Post by DarkLightA »

If Ika was recruitable that's a very odd way to word the role PM.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Bookitty »

Balance issues, primarily?

I guess it could be two left, but looking at it like this:

4 Mafia (informed traitor can vote with Mafia) out of 13 players is just a bit under one third.

I haven't seen many setups with that kind of power, but I guess given the negative utility of Ika's faith healer role, maybe.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Town could have a few negative utility roles for all we know, and nothing claimed has been paticularly powerful, there's almost certainly a town faith healer at the least, I'll go dig up the set-up for the T-Swift Upick Marquis ran on our homesite, that one was pretty townsided
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 1062, Not_Mafia wrote:
@mod Was ika recruitable?
What would happen if ika was targetted with the scum night kill?

• [REDACTED]
    [REDACTED]
link in bio
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Bookitty »

Marquis is a tease.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Soren »

In post 1065, Not_Mafia wrote:Town could have a few negative utility roles for all we know, and nothing claimed has been paticularly powerful, there's almost certainly a town faith healer at the least, I'll go dig up the set-up for the T-Swift Upick Marquis ran on our homesite, that one was pretty townsided

What is this homesite?
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Soren »

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1044, Soren wrote:Did you have a read on Empking, Bookitty? He's been quite a concern to me throughout the game because he has barely contributed and doesn't exactly explain much.

I've already answered this question too. But since you're apparently in frantic overdrive question-mode, here:

In post 476, Bookitty wrote:Empking said he wouldn't ever vote Antihero AFTER Anti went to L-1 and looked to be the most likely lynch. That doesn't look like a scum move to me. Why make a stand-out remark like that when Anti was clearly on the way down? It would make more sense to vote Anti as scum since he was a lost cause anyway, right?

So I'm reading Empking as town after looking at the chronology there.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Pokemon Online

Spoiler:
Town Dreaming God Who Really Wants to Make Friends
Had a bunch of lyrics they could use to do stuff make someone unable to post until someone reached L-1, or commute for the night, or get someone modkilled if they made a post with less than 22 words
Town Unlimited Neighborizer
Could share his QT link at any time
Town Gambling and Very Unconscious Reader
He could pick numbers and different things would happen, died night 1 so we never found out what he'd do
Town Kidnapper

Town Flavor Reporter and Announcer
Got told who was being targetted for NKs and could announce it
Town Mostly Trustworthy Multi-Firefighter
% chance dropped the more people he targetted
Town Mysterious Informant
Amnesiac cop basically
Town Bitchy Bodyguard

Town Poisonous Governor
We had a delayed flip and a twilight phase after the lynch happened, could save the lynchee for that night only

Fire Mafia 2-shot Janitor

Fire Mafia Reclusive Ascetic
Was Asetic if they didn't target anyone

Ice Mafia Arsonist

Ice Mafia Not Very Detail-Oriented Follower
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm having trouble seeing anyone but Aris as scum here, I have some form of townread on everyone else apart from maybe 1 or 2 people
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 1058, DarkLightA wrote:I'd like to suggest an alternative to a massclaim. I could pick a select group of people to claim that I think are most likely to be scum, and only they would claim. Then a massclaim could happen later.

I think that would provide more information compared to the relative increase in knowledge of scum.

Aristophanes, Empking, and Espeonage required. Bookitty and Endless Possibilities too if they have anything to add to Self-Watcher and Hated Double-Voter claims, respectively.

Rest are town.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 am

Post by DarkLightA »

There could be a SK.
However, that would require some insanely good work on the part of docs/blockers.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”