Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 906, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 816, Quilford wrote:
In post 815, BBmolla wrote:Shos said quil unvoted to prevent frustration hammers and hammered later on the same page.

Yes. I wanted a response from ETL, she was threatening to hammer out of frustration, so I unvoted. Then she answered me, so I hammered (because Mina had voted in the meantime).

I feel like you skipped part of BB's issue here. There was time left in the day and players had said they'd like to make catch-up posts. Why not wait for that at all?

BPC, I'm assuming you're referring to yourself (and maybe serra) when you say 'players' in the quote above. I can't find anyone else who mentioned intending to make a catch-up post or something similar.

So I reckon you're being disingenous, because at the end of the day you said
In post 774, BipolarChemist wrote:I'm fine with the hammer, I can respond to things tomorrow, I don't think anything I had to say was super pertinent.

And to Mina, who thought she had hammered, you said
In post 778, BipolarChemist wrote:I did want to catch up, but im probs busy until tonight or tomorrow and won't be able to get a proper catch up in, so it's okay. This is also about my rate of play in any game :P

So it appears you were okay with the hammer despite not being caught-up and despite having wanted to make a catch up post. But now you're going after me for not having waited?

VOTE: BPC
asplain pls
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Patrick »

BPC wrote:
Patrick wrote:BPC looking more town. Hit on alot of my trains of thought just there. Serra no clue, can easily see as either alignment. Mara and ETL look decent to me early on, just on gut. I can tell I'm going to have to be not lazy and actually read some people's other games over the Easter break, because I feel like I know very little about all of your forum games.

This was a while back, but could you elaborate on me hitting on your trains of thought? At the time this just seemed like a nice compliment that made me feel all warm and fuzzy, but it feels a bit awkward without pointing out which trains of thought.

Can't remember it perfectly but you brought up some Mina doubts about the time I was having some, such as odd serra town read and overconfidence, and I was pleased to see you starting to look at Alchemist. I don't know why looking back makes it feel awkward.

BPC wrote:Maybe more of a curious thought, what do you see when you look at alchemist's post now?

A townie who had an off game? That's about all I can think.

BPC wrote:@pat: 412, were you townreading me at this point?

Vaguely that, also just didn't have much to say about you.

Mina wrote:1) Patrick, asking about your absence was moreso trying to reassure myself about you (in part because I'd followed some of the links in JF's catch-up and was suddenly getting the same "boring and reasonable" vibe from a few of posts, in part because Ether described you as "tricksy" at the Montreal meet, and in part because I thought I was wrong about everything at the beginning of D2). It's not like anyone would follow me even if I was scum pushing a mislynch based on that reasoning. That last post (along with a dose of sanity from Regfan) made me feel much better--my one question (which I'm asking mostly to dot my is and cross my ts) is what reasons your teammates gave for scumreading me, unless there's a strategic reason for you not to reveal it. Do you mean "heading in the right direction" reads-wise/partnership-wise?

I think if scum have any plans on getting me lynched, they wouldn't attempt it straight away anyway, but would try and chip away at my credibility. But my latest read makes me inclined to believe what you've said here.

CES didn't like your early move on BPC, who he read as town early; I suspect had CES been playing in my slot he'd have voted you at that point, though it's hard to tell with him. Neither CDB nor CES think you've done anything that you couldn't fake as scum, and that alone puts you in the frame if bbmolla and Quilford are assumed town. CDB and I briefly discussed last night what your 902 means about you, with him thinking your reasoning didn't make alot of sense, and me thinking it doesn't make alot of sense but wondering if it makes you town.

And yes, right direction meant reads/pairing wise. I've been burned before focussing too much on pairings, but this seems like a time where we should at least be considering them.

BPC wrote:Yes, this. I don't understand where patrick is coming from with that and that;s about the first time this game he's said something questionable. I'm chalking it up to half assed read coming back but I would like to hear more on this

Reading more carefully, I don't think this pairing is that likely anymore. I had in my head Mina's rather high level of suspicion of you early on, which both CES and I felt was unwarranted, and wondered whether this could be scum disproportionately attacking a partner's "scumminess".

Why bother to specifically point out that this is the first thing I've said that you find questionable? Is this what has turned me from being your top town read to being unsure on me?

Quilford wrote:Because when fakehammers are obviously fake, it becomes much harder to tell whether disbelieving reactions are genuine or not? So there's not much point to them? I don't understand.

Its obvious that a ton of stuff happened at the end of the day that had nothing to do with the fakehammer - most of it stemmed from Mara's ridiculous claim. Do you think bbmolla looks like scum in that episode?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

And then Quil stated my own case better than I could.

I'm gonna have to put my reading glasses on because I'm not fully certain what Quil/Patrick are talking about in regards to BB's fake hammer
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 2

BipolarChemist ( 2 )
JohnnyFarrar
Quilford
[/color]
(L - 2 )

JohnnyFarrar ( 2 )
EspeciallyTheLies
BBMolla
[/color]
(L - 2 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
Patrick BipolarChemist Mina

Total Votes ( 7 )

Needed to Lynch [ 4 ]

Deadline: April 26th at 20:00 EDT
(expired on 2015-04-26 20:00:00)
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:24 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 923, Mina wrote:
In post 917, BipolarChemist wrote:2) Coming in a bigger way when I read through ISOs in a more detailed fashion. My current stances are lean scum on you, lean town on Johnny, town on ETL, not sure on Patrick, not sure on Quilford, lean town on molla.

And I'm asking you to clarify read on serra, like why do you think scum is there exactly, or at least at that point.

So you think the scumteam is me/Patrick or me/Quilford? If you were reading the posts of your top suspect, then you'd know why I suspected serra, and you'll see it when you read my ISO, anyway.

I couldy se eother of those scumteams as a possiibility, but my reads were more based on individual reads rather than making pairings. As for my asking for you to clarify serra read, I was looking for any update maybe based on the lynch flip or update coming into the second day. The just of the scumreads on serra I found yesterday were a little bare or just that he was lurking a lot and I'm curious how your read had evolved, especially given the immediate vote at the start of the day.

3) I'm probably still misunderstanding, but I don't think any scum team would have not killed mara in this instance? She was basically conf tracker and anybody leaving a PR in would probably be crazy.

Also, how is this a scumtell?

Town go, "Omigod, I wonder who's going to die tonight and what it means!" Scum have less curiosity about the kill, and go, "Omigod, I hope the claimed tracker actually flips tracker!"

Mara claimed tracker. When were scum ever not gonna kill Mara? Like I don't understand how this wasn't everyone's assumption that she was gonna be killed last night. There was next to no question in my mind that Mara would be killed last night and hoping for any other kill is basically wishful thinking. This is no where close to a scumtell in this case. I could see it where a night kill target was maybe not so obvious, but come on, it was like the most obvious this.

4) What do you mean drawing me out of the woodworks here and voting me? Would me posting right after that post have been a scumtell for you?

And yes, I pretty much always lurk, you'll see this from...every game I play in

Yes, it would have been a massive scumtell. And I know much of your inactivity is shitty real-life stuff outside your control. But I still don't like that originally, you were defending yourself by saying you'd be lurking if you were scum, but now that you've lurked, you're saying it's a null tell for you.

This was not a defence by saying I lurk a lot this is an explanation of how I usually play/me feeling bad that this is how I usually play.

Also, from what I'm getting from this, were you thinking that I was scum reading the game and just not posting on purpose?

In post 925, Quilford wrote:
In post 815, BBmolla wrote:Shos said quil unvoted to prevent frustration hammers and hammered later on the same page.

Yes. I wanted a response from ETL, she was threatening to hammer out of frustration, so I unvoted. Then she answered me, so I hammered (because Mina had voted in the meantime).

I feel like you skipped part of BB's issue here. There was time left in the day and players had said they'd like to make catch-up posts. Why not wait for that at all?

BPC, I'm assuming you're referring to yourself (and maybe serra) when you say 'players' in the quote above. I can't find anyone else who mentioned intending to make a catch-up post or something similar.

In post 774, BipolarChemist wrote:I'm fine with the hammer, I can respond to things tomorrow, I don't think anything I had to say was super pertinent.

In post 778, BipolarChemist wrote:I did want to catch up, but im probs busy until tonight or tomorrow and won't be able to get a proper catch up in, so it's okay. This is also about my rate of play in any game :P

So it appears you were okay with the hammer despite not being caught-up and despite having wanted to make a catch up post. But now you're going after me for not having waited?

asplain pls

I didn't like your response to BBmolla's stuff. I wanted to see more from you on the matter.

As for me not really giving a shit about the hammer yesterday, I didn't, that doesn't mean there might be something to pick up from other player's action around it.

This feels like a weird defence from you, Quilford. My first thoughts on your hammer and seeing the flip was you were excited town who just went for it because you didn't want to wait any longer, and now I'm trying to see if my initial thought was wrong.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:33 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 926, Patrick wrote:
Why bother to specifically point out that this is the first thing I've said that you find questionable? Is this what has turned me from being your top town read to being unsure on me?

I've been fairly hard townreading you the just of the game and I'm trying to be a bit more skeptical of it. I've been told that you're generally very chill and likeable with that attitude, so I don't want to associate that with alignment, which I feel like I may have been doing.

I did like your lines of reasoning in 926 though.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 929, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 925, Quilford wrote:

asplain pls

I didn't like your response to BBmolla's stuff. I wanted to see more from you on the matter.

As for me not really giving a shit about the hammer yesterday, I didn't, that doesn't mean there might be something to pick up from other player's action around it.

BPC, this is a massive dodge and we both know it. You asked me why I hammered, saying that "players had said they'd like to make catch-up posts" and that you want to know why I didn't wait for them. I've pointed out that you and serra were the only two people who had indicated that they wanted to make such a post, that at the time you were fine with the hammer, you said that what you were going to say probably wasn't super pertinent and could wait for Day 2. You didn't express any concern for serrapaladin at the time. Your original question was therefore disingenuous and hypocritical and seems like an opportunistic scum thing to post.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 926, Patrick wrote:
Quilford wrote:Because when fakehammers are obviously fake, it becomes much harder to tell whether disbelieving reactions are genuine or not? So there's not much point to them? I don't understand.

Its obvious that a ton of stuff happened at the end of the day that had nothing to do with the fakehammer

Yeah... the obvious fakeness of the fakehammer obviously only means that the reactions to the fakehammer should be discarded, not the reactions to Mara's claim or anything else.

I see now that you have gotten confused when I said "I'm unwilling to really trust anything that came of [the fakehammer]" earlier. You misread it as "anything that came after [the fakehammer]".

In post 926, Patrick wrote:- most of it stemmed from Mara's ridiculous claim. Do you think bbmolla looks like scum in that episode?

No. But I don't get a strong townread off it either.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:35 am

Post by Mina »

Sorry, I was completely drained after work the past couple of days. Also, now I'm no longer sure of the stuff I'd reevaluated on, so...blah. I should have time for this today.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:43 am

Post by zoraster »

ETL and BBMolla have been prodded
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

i'm here.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 am

I am generally NOT here on the weekends.
Art is cool.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:35 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Checking in, trying to think of something I can say to get this game going that I haven't already said....

HEY YOU FUCKS GET IN HERE
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:08 am

Post by BBmolla »

I'll make a post tonight
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Back with a new avatar, waiting with bated breath
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Patrick »

Well this feels very flat. Currently if I had to pick between them, I think I'd lynch BPC over Johnny, because Johnny made quite a few decent observations and sounds like he might be trying to work things out, whereas BPC in the last page or so feels more like he's doing busywork. Though if Johnny is scum he knew he had to come in strongly. I don't know where ETL fits into all of this, and I don't get strong protowness from her today. I do get strong protowness from Minas posting today, especially the frustration at the game.

I should be pretty around tomorrow if people want to try and get this game moving again. I do not plan on it ending in the same way as day 1.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Mina »

In a normal game, people should be bitching me out for not having done anything I promised. However, I'm sorry for being all self-righteous and hypocritical about how everyone should contribute, but then not doing anything to help. I'm still at {JF-BPC-ETL}, but doing anything more to break the stalemate in my mind between them involves analysis and meta research rather than just posting off the top of my head, and I had trouble concentrating on it yesterday. (On Friday, I'd actually downgraded JF below BPC and ETL as a suspect, but then I lost my confidence in this again. Also, BPC having ETL as the only person who's solid "town" instead of "leaning town" is weird if she's his scumbuddy...although it's pretty weird if she's NOT his scumbuddy--uh, BPC, why the fuck are your reads? Yes, that's an actual question. Why are your reads?)

Molla and ETL, though, please talk.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:05 am

i dont know what to say.
Art is cool.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:05 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Patrick should be here soon? To like, vote or ask questions or something?

Mina, is that you saying you're not going to make any more progress?

Esp, remark on Mina. Or Patrick. Or make a vote. Or better explain your current one. Something.

Quil, still waiting?

BB I miss you.

BPC I'm fairly confident you're scum. Do you have anything that may convince me someone else is scummier?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 am

I'm fighting depression? and would rather not subject my team to a replacement when I'm the one that brought it all together in the first place. I will kick out of it soon. just need to get through one more final exam. I'm sorry.
Art is cool.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:05 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 941, Mina wrote:Molla and ETL, though, please talk.

I have three hours

time to get back in the game
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Patrick »

Johnny wrote:Patrick should be here soon? To like, vote or ask questions or something?

I'm here, if we want to do some kind of RT thing again that outs our second powerole and lynches a townie.

Sorry to hear about the depression ETL.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by Patrick »

Sad, I was going to ask Johnny a question and I literally can't think of one.

Earlier I mentioned scum being in (BPC, ETL, Johnny, Mina). I feel happier about Mina being town now, so looking at what's left:

BPC has given me a vague town vibe for most of the game (well, day 1 really). Today his play has been meh; asks alot of questions, pushes Quilford a bit for hammering despite being OK with it himself at the time. I'm not sure this deserves the vote Quilford gave in itself, but it doesn't leave me the impression that BPC is trying to discern Quilfords alignment, more like he's looking for things to nitpick and sow doubt with. His questions to me in 907 sort of feel the same to me. This isn't a very strong feeling, but I could see him as the scum playing it cool and keeping enough options open. Nothing much about his posts screams town.

ETL feels very erratic. Didn't like her vote on Mara towards end of yesterday, didn't like the vote on me, don't like her vote on Johnny today. Her tinpot theory of Johnny/Mina feels town to me on a gut level - after calling Mina protown all game, I think scum would be less likely to U-turn like this. I'd like to know whether ETL still thinks this might be the team.

Johnny's catchup play feels decent. I'd like ETL to elaborate on her vote on him. Do you not like his play as a whole or is it just the points he made against you feel scummy?

I think any scumteam within those three players is possible. ETL/BPC would mean they've both been ignoring each other so far and trying to incriminate a bunch of town, ETL/Johnny requires a bus today that I could see being true, BPC/Johnny means Johnny is trying to save face after serrapaladin didn't do shit. I'd really like to say that the scumteam is one of these three because the other three players feel like town to me, but I think they're all skilled enough to be playing a good game as scum (more worry about Mina and Quilford in this regard).

I think if forced to place a vote between my 3 suspects now I'd vote BPC, but I'm not happy doing it now. ETL and Johnny both have stronger flashes of towniness at times, whereas BPC would just have had to play a level-headed game as scum on day 1. But really, we need some more people talking, even if it's just some thoughts without immediate conclusions. I'm not super satisfied with my world view in this game, and I think it's because I keep having to re engage whenever making a post rather than having an constant dialogue. Partly my fault too, but atm half the players are dragging their feet.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 883, Mina wrote:1) pointing out small reasons of varying quality to call people scummy.

Yeah I noticed and disliked this too, it reads like keeping mislynches open.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

This game is pretty painful to watch, huh

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”