Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:13 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 899, Creative wrote:Kitz has managed to post zero content and game solving during her posts. She didnt gave any position about someone on the game, and the active lurking bothers me.

Day one, all my opinions, thoughts and whatever, are very foggy as none either takes it serious, or doesn't properly read it, or just plain "I don't agree no matter what".
This encourages my normal lurk for the first day of all games, I end up being silent, which is a norm.

Why are everyone saying that I have done absolutely nothing?
I have done something, but not nothing at all.

Spoiler:
In post 295, Kitz wrote:@Creative: I think you're my first townread.

In post 306, Kitz wrote:Maybe. I'm reading him as potential neutral based on this.

In post 306, Kitz wrote:Why would one have nullreads in this fashion?
If everyone's a nullread and I come to be read as a town, would all the nullreads become an actual read? What if I were scum, would all nullreads become a read?

This seems rather influencial, and I read it more like "I actually have reads, but I prefer to keep quiet until some posts so I can change my reads appropriately".
And the fact that I'm picked randomly for the sake of "just because", I'm pretty sure if I wasn't picked then another would have been treated the same way.

It could be one of those meta thingies and playstyles tho, he seems rather agressive, but that behavior pretty much prods as neutralish.

In post 362, Kitz wrote:I found this section to be the most interesting. I'd like to townlean on this one because the thing pointed out are toxic.
It's a pointer on the two factors of Nero, neither are good and are toxic. Rather concerning, regardless of town or scum.

In post 522, Kitz wrote:Everyone's doing wall texts of eachothers because of Meta, and I just cannot argue with Meta.
Meta sucks, I don't interpret that thing and I don't understand it. Thus I am silent for now.

What confuse me the most is the "town block" thingie, like, why is it even a thing this early? I also don't know the player's playstyle, yet.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:25 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 897, Bellaphant wrote:
House wrote:

Ricastle: I was originally scumreading him while I was catching up until , as explained in .

KlingonCelt: is where I got suspicious of her. She's not the type to typically sit back and wait when she's convinced she's caught scum. rubbed me wrong, too. This is more like KC's usual town meta, but it doesn't match up with her cautious tone in 686.

re:Ricastle, yeah, that makes sense, but how easy are catch-up posts to fake? He was my top-scumread reading through, but on the other hand there is some analysis in that post...
re:kc, her posts over the last page or so have also seemed really off.She's pinging hard for me. Thanks.

Ricastle wrote:I'm suggesting you stop sheeping and attacking random people over minor shit, and start actually scumhunting. You know, that thing town does to try and lynch scum?

Do you even have reads?

@ric, was that to PB or Skold? I can't quite tell!

Nero Cain wrote:
yea, atleast 5 of them are just bad town. At the point that I wrote that I didn't feel very cofident that scum were in Errantparabola, Rubicon, PointYBagelS, elusive, Grib, davesaz, Creative or PeaceBringer so its p much POE and I know its a big list but if I am correct that all the aforementioned names are town then putting town in a 50/50 is a p good start me thinks.

Klingoncelt
-I am pretty meh here.
Kitz
-hasn't really done anything
jbomber732/Vampirate
-I think that contradiction between "as town, I always say whats on my mind." and "well I didn't say it this time b/c it would make me look scummy." is p awful. House IS correct that town are (though I think its poor town play) survivalistic but in this case I think if his self meta is "I am not survivalistic and always say what is on my mind" it is p damning that he wasn't playing to his self meta. Its also hard to NOT read into that replace out.
bewilderbeast/Bellaphan
t-beast was hitting on one of my fave scumtells and posting it up elsewhere
Garmr/Xayzeck
-
In post 598, Nero Cain wrote:So he replaces out, people are upset and the wagon continues on him. You then light push against his wagon and when questioned about it you are all like "yeah his replace out was scummy".

If you feel like his replace out is scummy why were you questioning the wagon?

Also I feel like you pushing on Elusive means shit all.

In post 603, Garmr wrote:@nero go fuck yourself and your elitist attitude

Not a big fan of this overreaction + Zay asking to be caught up so he doesn't have to read 30 pages is p meh.

Megalo/House
-light defends Boons. Would policy lynch House based on artifically inflating his post count. His trying to get votes off jbomb feels weird to me.
Skold
-chainsaw defends buddy Boon?
Ricastle
-sk hunting as scum is a possibility.
Boonskiies
-Don't really like his reactions to getting wagoned.

Who are your scumreads and why?

Thanks for this. Just for the record, you are one of my top town reads. Currently, skold, KC, jbomber are scum. PB and ricastle are slots that really confuse me, I'm gonna re-read their Isos, as on my read-through my gut took against them but this mayn't be justified. Boon and the megalo/house slot I need more content from, but that won't be a problem with house :P Gamr looks terrible, but I'm willing to give his replacement a bit of time.

Also, elusive, errant and pointy are prob!town.

Shouldn't you be voting myself or Skold then if we are on your top 3 scumlist? We only have a limited amount of time to hammer this lynch.

If you think Gamr looks terrible but are willing to give his replacement some time, why not my slot? By my impression, we both look bad to you, what makes my slot any different than Gamr's in that respect?
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Hey Vamp.

Sorry, I could've been clearer: I'm much happier with a skold lynch today, as I am pretty sure he is scum. It also has the advantage of giving all replacements a bit of time to settle in.

I don't want you lynched today. I'd also not quite twigged how close deadline was, so thanks for highlighting that!

VOTE: skold
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:36 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

Skold is one of my stronger townreads right now...
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@pb, why? Also, top scum-reads?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:03 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 904, Bellaphant wrote:@pb, why? Also, top scum-reads?

why what?
right now I have suspects which I vote and probe, I have no assurances or high confidence of who is scum... I have some confidence on who is not likely scum...
my philosophy is identify suspects, run them up, get a claim, evaluate. So I take who I trust and look for suspects in those I do not trust. And this by and large is what everyone does, some just like to be bang loudly who they think is scum and proclaim their scum reads.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Oh lord, two PB's in the game. Sorry, my questions was at PYBS (pointybagels!)

Peace-bringer, thanks, I'd understood most of that from your last couple of posts. Do you have anyone you are particularly town-reading? Do you generally prefer to 'town-hunt?'

Out of game info
I have dyslexia and dyspraxia and shortening everyone's names to something manageable helps me keep all the info in my head.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:27 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

Most of Skold's questionable actions seem more like poor play than scummy play, as I've said in earlier posts. Working on this assumption, I think if Skold was scum it would be more obvious. Even if he arrives at odd conclusions, Skold's motivations seem to be much more based on the intent to scumhunt than the intent to misdirect.

As for scumreads, my vote is currently on Vampirate so I obviously find him (or rather his slot) scummy.

I also don't like the way that House seems to be trying to take control of the game, but I get the impression he does that in every game anyway. Still, I don't like the way he just dismissed the Vampriate wagon without really giving a reason other than "I think he's town so he's town".

I don't like the way Kitz is playing but again I get the impression she does that in every game. Day 1 may be not that useful in and of itself, but not contributing to it makes it impossible, later in the game, to read past actions based on new information. I'll be watching her because even if it is her general meta, it is a good way to conceal information.

I'm still relatively null on Klingon and Errant but I think there's a chance one or both of them are scum as well.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Bagels (that's what we are going to use this game) what do you think about lynching the garmer/zay slot?

Also, it very likely means nothing but all our replacements have been the 10, 11, 12 and 13th slot.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:20 am

Post by davesaz »

All my reads are very weak, as can be expected on d1.
This is all from accumulated memory and will need some rereading.

Town lean

Nero Cain
PeaceBringer
Creative
Ricastle
Grib
elusive
House

Null - Conflicting data

PointYBagelS
Errantparabola
Vampirate

Null - insufficient data

Bellaphant
Xayzeck
Boonskiies

Scum lean
-- these are the ones I need to focus my rereads on, along with the conflicting data ones
Klingoncelt -- gut, closest to null of the scum leans
Kitz -- my memory of Kitz is choppy play that seemed to lack an inquisitive nature
Rubicon -- I remember a lot of simple posting and don't remember a lot of stands
Skold -- what I remember is finding reasons to take positions, vs finding things and taking positions where they lead

VOTE: Skold
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 907, PointYBagelS wrote:Most of Skold's questionable actions seem more like poor play than scummy play, as I've said in earlier posts. Working on this assumption, I think if Skold was scum it would be more obvious. Even if he arrives at odd conclusions, Skold's motivations seem to be much more based on the intent to scumhunt than the intent to misdirect.
Your chain of thought is logical. However, it only applies under the assumption that Skold is a generally bad player. I find it more likely that he's playing badly because he's scum.

His actions to me seem like he has no intentions other than to fan flames and get as many people under suspicion as possible. He's just attacking people for the sake of attacking and I don't know if he's actually gained anything from it himself. Considering he still apparently has no idea who's scum () it makes out more like he's pretending to scumhunt rather than actually doing so.

In post 907, PointYBagelS wrote:Still, I don't like the way he just dismissed the Vampriate wagon without really giving a reason other than "I think he's town so he's town".
jbomber's RQS answers did it for me (specifically #2). I highly doubt he'd try anything manipulative as scum in a post nobody will even read or take in. And I also doubt someone who'd concoct a scheme like that would cave in and give up if they got wagoned.

Speaking of that, it's possible that jbomber didn't ask to be replaced at all - the OP stated that if a player did not respond adequately to a prod, they would be replaced. jbomber may have effectively shrugged at the prod, having not bothered to keep up with the game, and be replaced that way.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Mod, did jbomber ask to be replaced?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:39 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

In post 910, Ricastle wrote:
In post 907, PointYBagelS wrote:Most of Skold's questionable actions seem more like poor play than scummy play, as I've said in earlier posts. Working on this assumption, I think if Skold was scum it would be more obvious. Even if he arrives at odd conclusions, Skold's motivations seem to be much more based on the intent to scumhunt than the intent to misdirect.
Your chain of thought is logical. However, it only applies under the assumption that Skold is a generally bad player. I find it more likely that he's playing badly because he's scum.

His actions to me seem like he has no intentions other than to fan flames and get as many people under suspicion as possible. He's just attacking people for the sake of attacking and I don't know if he's actually gained anything from it himself. Considering he still apparently has no idea who's scum () it makes out more like he's pretending to scumhunt rather than actually doing so.

In post 907, PointYBagelS wrote:Still, I don't like the way he just dismissed the Vampriate wagon without really giving a reason other than "I think he's town so he's town".
jbomber's RQS answers did it for me (specifically #2). I highly doubt he'd try anything manipulative as scum in a post nobody will even read or take in. And I also doubt someone who'd concoct a scheme like that would cave in and give up if they got wagoned.

Speaking of that, it's possible that jbomber didn't ask to be replaced at all - the OP stated that if a player did not respond adequately to a prod, they would be replaced. jbomber may have effectively shrugged at the prod, having not bothered to keep up with the game, and be replaced that way.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 894, Ricastle wrote:
In post 889, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 887, Klingoncelt wrote:Umm, no.

You aren't gonna mislynch me this game.

I'm looking more towards Xayzeck, Ricastle, maybe Davesaz...

I'm thinking Grib now too.
I thought Grib was obvtown? :roll:

Being fine with lynching both me and Grib when the reason you want to lynch me is because I want to set up/am too eager to lynch Grib is also laughable.

Just some of the stuff Grib says, is he being sarcastic or does he actually want to be lynched? I'm sure he's Town... but I've been wrong before.

I'm focused mainly on you and Xayzeck right now.

UNVOTE:
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:46 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

So my post got submitted early... You have a legitimate point with skold. I don't agree but I understand. I'll look over his iso again though. As for Jbomber's RGQS,answers, people are reading way too much into them He could still be scum without attempting to play anyone with them. I'll admit it makes the replace a null tell, but it doesn't make him town and it doesn't excuse past behavior.

I'm guessing jbomber did ask to be replaced, because it was early after the prod.

Also I forgot to mention in my last post that I still find davesaz a bit scummy as well.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 907, PointYBagelS wrote:

I also don't like the way that House seems to be trying to take control of the game, but I get the impression he does that in every game anyway.

Normally I'd agree with you on this, but the game was atrophied before he showed up. He brought it back to life.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

unofficial vote Count

Vampirate (5): Errantparabola, Nero Cain, PointYbagelS, PeaceBringer, Xayzeck
Skold (4): elusive, House, Ricastle, Bellaphant, davesaz
Klingoncelt (1): Boonskiies
Ricastle (1): Vampirate
Kitz (1): Grib
Bellaphant (1): Rubicon

Not Voting (3): Kitz, Creative, Skold

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline: 1 day, 18 hours, 5 minutes
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

The wagons are on Skold and Vampirate, and I'm not crazy about lynching either one.

I'll pick one to vote for in a few hours.
-
MiniDeathStar
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lol, not really. The game was pretty much stalled b/c of the inactives and they were kinda who folks wanted dead. House literally had to post and try and get some town cred for his slot. I'm not a huge fan of you sating that he "breathed life back into this game" when he really didn't.

I am not super sold on skold. I guess its possible that he chainsaw attacks me and then does this weird switch to Boon after calling the wagon shit. but he's a vamp counter wagon and that makes me feel not real happy.

I still don't think its impossible that jbomb contradicts himself like that.

I also really like the idea of lynching Garmr/Xay slot.

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 918, Nero Cain wrote:lol, not really. The game was pretty much stalled b/c of the inactives and they were kinda who folks wanted dead. House literally had to post and try and get some town cred for his slot. I'm not a huge fan of you sating that he "breathed life back into this game" when he really didn't.

I also really like the idea of lynching Garmr/Xay slot.

The game was stalled. The apathy was stifling.

Anyway, I've been unable to read Garmer/Xay as Town. I'd be more comfortable lynching him than Skold or Vampirate, but I don't think that can happen in a day.

VOTE: Skold
-
MiniDeathStar
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 913, Klingoncelt wrote:Just some of the stuff Grib says, is he being sarcastic or does he actually want to be lynched? I'm sure he's Town... but I've been wrong before.

UNVOTE:
Would you like to lynch Grib or not?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:21 am

Post by davesaz »

Xayzeck has had some activity on site since showing up and then saying he'd iso his predecessor. I think I'll move him from insufficient data to lean scum.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:33 am

Post by House »

In post 907, PointYBagelS wrote:

Most of Skold's questionable actions seem more like poor play than scummy play, as I've said in earlier posts. Working on this assumption, I think if Skold was scum it would be more obvious. Even if he arrives at odd conclusions, Skold's motivations seem to be much more based on the intent to scumhunt than the intent to misdirect.

As for scumreads, my vote is currently on Vampirate so I obviously find him (or rather his slot) scummy.

Considering your scumread on obvtown, I give your townread on obvscum 0 credence.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 920, Ricastle wrote:
In post 913, Klingoncelt wrote:Just some of the stuff Grib says, is he being sarcastic or does he actually want to be lynched? I'm sure he's Town... but I've been wrong before.

UNVOTE:
Would you like to lynch Grib or not?

Not.
-
MiniDeathStar
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 919, Klingoncelt wrote:I'd be more comfortable lynching him than Skold or Vampirate, but I don't think that can happen in a day.

I didn't realize there was a day and a few hours left till deadline. Theoretically, a wagon can happen in a day but Xay is a chronic lurker and getting folks to wagon a lurker prob won't happen. Still like a vamp lynch over a skold but meh.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”