Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 pm

Post by Aquanim »

@Toolenduso
: I assume you think Eektor and Metal are two of the three scum (if that is not true, say so). Who do you think the third mafia is?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:52 pm

Post by Elyse »

Go ahead
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:21 am

Post by Aquanim »

In short, if Boonskiies is scum I wonder if he made that vote as a distraction from the pressure on Bellaphant. He might well have thought that the vote would be likely to make you refocus on Metal's vote for you; it is an outcome I expected from Boon's vote.

If he's town then he probably simply doesn't give a damn. I don't know how to read townies that simply don't care about their wincon. There's an outside possibility it was a reaction test.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:33 am

Post by eektor »

Maybe we should all give 2 names we are willing to vote today. If you have more than 2, feel free to say all of them.

What do you guys think?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:38 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1778, eektor wrote:Maybe we should all give 2 names we are willing to vote today. If you have more than 2, feel free to say all of them.

What do you guys think?

Okay, but unless someone would like to FoS me I intend to go last (or when I get bored).

I'd be okay with going before Elyse but I think her cards are on the table already.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:49 am

Post by eektor »

Well my number one is Bella but I have a tie for 2nd which is Boon and tool. The way I see it one of them is scum, the other isn't. I really want a Bella lynch but I'll join one of those two wagons. The only one I trust to be town right now is Aqua.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1780, eektor wrote:Well my number one is Bella but I have a tie for 2nd which is Boon and tool. The way I see it one of them is scum, the other isn't. I really want a Bella lynch but I'll join one of those two wagons. The only one I trust to be town right now is Aqua.

What's your reason for saying it's exactly one of those two?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Aquanim »

Oh, and whatever you do, townies, don't throw down any stupid votes. If we lose, that is not the way I would want it to happen.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:41 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1720, toolenduso wrote:
In post 1713, TheDudeAbides wrote:I think that MC believing the cute cop ... (isn't) scummy.

Why not?

Well, I don't think that there is any validity to Eelyse's argument - I doubt that there is any reason to think that scum are more likely to believe a crazy claim than a townie, and on top of that, I think that MC's explanation is reasonable - that he played on a site where sometimes standard roles have funny names or something like that.

Why do you think that it's scummy.

In post 1721, Bellaphant wrote:if that was tVs I know who I'd be lookinh at.

What does this mean?

In post 1721, Bellaphant wrote:But how does this mkae sense as town, either?

I don't think that it matters. The point is that he would not have done it as scum, and townies will do pretty much anything.

In post 1724, eektor wrote:Then you say I must be scum because you are acting different than in the newbie game we were scum together and I'm still scum-reading you? Well, shouldn't you be acting different in this game if you were scum when I knew you were scum in the other game?

Could you explain this using about 3 times as many words?

Anyway, I don't think that these meta arguments hold much water. There's just not enough data.

In post 1725, eektor wrote:
In post 1684, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 1660, eektor wrote:I think Bella and TDA would be the most likely to be scum on that wagon

Why?

In post 1663, eektor wrote:Because their reasons for joining the wagon is more suspect than the other 2 (you and metal).

This doesn't cut it.

Would you agree with me that there is at least one scum in the myko wagon?

This isn't a reasonable response, even if there is scum on the Myko wagon.

As to whether there is scum on it or not, I'd bet that there was scum on the wagon, but I wouldn't bet that there is more scum on the wagon minus mike than in any other randomly selected group of players.

In post 1734, Bellaphant wrote:I've re-read his interactions with Taly, which look way too...invested for him to be scum

Have you ever used this sort of reasoning before?

In post 1767, Elyse wrote:I am fine with lynching Boon today.

Scum team is Boon/metal and {Bella, eektor} most likely with TDA as an outside possibility.

Your going to have to stop just throwing me into lists and justify your suspicion of me.

I still think that we should no lynch today.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:54 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1781, Aquanim wrote:
In post 1780, eektor wrote:Well my number one is Bella but I have a tie for 2nd which is Boon and tool. The way I see it one of them is scum, the other isn't. I really want a Bella lynch but I'll join one of those two wagons. The only one I trust to be town right now is Aqua.

What's your reason for saying it's exactly one of those two?

Because I can't see Boon and tool as scum buddies. I also think both of them make excellent scum buddies for Bella but not both of them together.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:04 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1783, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 1724, eektor wrote:Then you say I must be scum because you are acting different than in the newbie game we were scum together and I'm still scum-reading you? Well, shouldn't you be acting different in this game if you were scum when I knew you were scum in the other game?

Could you explain this using about 3 times as many words?

How about me replacing the pronouns:

Then Bella said eektor must be scum because Bella is acting different than in the newbie game where Bella and eektor were scum together and eektor is still scum reading Bella? Well shouldn't Bella be acting different in this game if Bella were scum when eektor knew Bell was scum in the other game?

Anyways, I am having serious doubts about you. All you have done today is ask questions and not contribute any reads or even thoughts about the alignment of people in the game. It is like you are sitting back waiting for a wagon to form and then you are ready to join the one you like. You are either a completely clueless town which I find hard to believe since you said you are an alt and you have a main, or you're just scum trying to bide your time to join the wagon you like.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:17 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Where do you think that Bella said that Eektor must be scum because Bella is acting differently? That makes no sense at all.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:18 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1785, eektor wrote:Then Bella said eektor must be scum because Bella is acting different than in the newbie game where Bella and eektor were scum together and eektor is still scum reading Bella? Well shouldn't Bella be acting different in this game if Bella were scum when eektor knew Bell was scum in the other game?

This entire thing makes no sense on so many levels.
-Thompson.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:20 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1721, Bellaphant wrote:

Anyway, one of the reasons I'm happier town-reading tool is that he is again highlighting eektor as being scummy. While his push on eek rung alarm bells for me when I replaced in, I think he's got some good points.
Also, I've just won a scum-game with eek as my buddy in the newbie queue where my activity/posts were nothing like this, but he's still scum-reading me?
I'd be happy with a metal/eek lynch today.

(If Aqua and Elyse are scum together, they have done a brilliant job and we should probably give up :P)
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:21 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1785, eektor wrote:Anyways, I am having serious doubts about you. All you have done today is ask questions and not contribute any reads or even thoughts about the alignment of people in the game. It is like you are sitting back waiting for a wagon to form and then you are ready to join the one you like. You are either a completely clueless town which I find hard to believe since you said you are an alt and you have a main, or you're just scum trying to bide your time to join the wagon you like.

I think that we should no lynch today.
I've certainly given thoughts and reads.
How does me being an alt have anything to do with me being clueless?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:23 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1788, eektor wrote:

Anyway, one of the reasons I'm happier town-reading tool is that he is again highlighting eektor as being scummy. While his push on eek rung alarm bells for me when I replaced in, I think he's got some good points.
Also, I've just won a scum-game with eek as my buddy in the newbie queue where my activity/posts were nothing like this, but he's still scum-reading me?

(If Aqua and Elyse are scum together, they have done a brilliant job and we should probably give up :P)

I think Bella's reasoning is terrible, but I don't think that she means what you think she means.
-Thompson.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:24 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1789, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 1785, eektor wrote:Anyways, I am having serious doubts about you. All you have done today is ask questions and not contribute any reads or even thoughts about the alignment of people in the game. It is like you are sitting back waiting for a wagon to form and then you are ready to join the one you like. You are either a completely clueless town which I find hard to believe since you said you are an alt and you have a main, or you're just scum trying to bide your time to join the wagon you like.

I think that we should no lynch today.
I've certainly given thoughts and reads.
How does me being an alt have anything to do with me being clueless?

Since you are an alt and have a main, I expect you to be more experienced and therefore not that clueless.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:26 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1790, TheDudeAbides wrote:

I think Bella's reasoning is terrible, but I don't think that she means what you think she means.

That is her main arguement for scum reading me. Look how she went from leaning town on me and then after I was pushing her, then she switched to scum reading me.

Also, that is one of her arguements for town reading tool.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:27 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Plenty of experienced players are clueless, but anyway, why do you think that I am clueless?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:31 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1792, eektor wrote:

That is her main arguement for scum reading me. Look how she went from leaning town on me and then after I was pushing her, then she switched to scum reading me.

I see now. I don't know what threw me off.

Anyway, I think that people need to stop using one game's worth of meta try reading people.
-Thompson.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:35 am

Post by eektor »

So what are your thoughts or reads in the game? If you had to vote right now, who would be the people you would want to vote for?

In post 1793, TheDudeAbides wrote:Plenty of experienced players are clueless, but anyway, why do you think that I am clueless?

Actually I'm starting to think you are scum. But if your town, let's figure this out. Only way to win is if town comes together. I wanted a no lynch but then I realized it isn't going to work. I'm pretty sure I know who will die at night and it's most likely the only one that is engaging everyone and the person that most of us trust as townie. If he's gone, I don't think town can get together the next day. Which is frustrating me, because I think town has basically given up this game and scum is content to sit back and watch this train wreck happen. So no I don't think a no lynch is a good idea.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:36 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1795, eektor wrote:I'm pretty sure I know who will die at night

What if you are wrong?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:37 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1795, eektor wrote:So what are your thoughts or reads in the game? If you had to vote right now, who would be the people you would want to vote for?

I think that the most likely scum are Boon and Bella.
-Thompson.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:38 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1794, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 1792, eektor wrote:

I see now. I don't know what threw me off.

Anyway, I think that people need to stop using one game's worth of meta try reading people.

I guess what I was trying to say is that reason she has for scum reading me is not hard to change and since I knew how she acted in that game, she can easily change it. So there is no reason why I would see that change in her behavior and think she wasn't scum.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:39 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1796, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 1795, eektor wrote:I'm pretty sure I know who will die at night

What if you are wrong?

If I'm wrong, that would be great because it eliminates one of the person that I'm not so sure about.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”