Vote: UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:50 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Please? More importantly, he's
my
Crypto, and he needs to give us his findings

Vote: Albert
Satisfied?
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I don't mind, but who are your top candidates to lynch this very hour ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Spambot »

I'm sorry guys, I've been really busy because I'm moving to a different state this weekend. This doesn't really excuse my poor contribution early, but lately things have been even worse and I hope to be more active starting next week. I'm still reading when I have a chance, but I haven't had much time for posting or analysis. I absolutely hate replacements and I've enjoyed this game, so I didn't think being replaced was necessary.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:59 am

Spambot we have to lynch someone, would you agree to put your vote somewhere ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok. That was an interesting discuss with Guardian.

By the way,
mod, are we allowed to quote conversations we had with other players in my office in the thread, or should I just paraphrase?
Not guardian, actually; this is in referecne to some things Albert said a while back, just talking with Guardian made me think about it.

Also, Spambot, I do want to hear your suspicions. I'm also interested about any crypto results you might have, but we can discuss those in private if you'd rather.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Spambot »

I'm currently most suspicious of Eyceking and Guardian. Eyceking did a couple of things early on that kind of bothered me, but nothing too major.

Guardian, on the other hand, is who I'd be happiest lynching. I'm not too sure about the reasons others have listed against him, but here are mine. A bunch of pages back, he voted me, saying it was based on what others had said. I called him on that and he moved his vote pretty soon after. In another couple pages, he was discussing who he was suspicious of and didn't even mention me. That makes me think he is just happy to lynch whoever is convenient at the time (CTD and a few others had mentioned suspicion of me at the time). I also don't like how dismissive he has been of attacks on him, saying he might answer an attack if he "feels like it."

I've holded off voting because I don't think my case on him is completely damning, and I think losing any townies is a huge issue right now. Yeah, we want to find the scum, but we don't want to mislynch to the point where we can't gather info effectively. I think it might be better to wait for more info so that we definitely lynch scum the next time. Lynching like mad is going to severely hurt our ability to help Jack and find the bomb. I'm not advocating no lynching for the rest of the game, but after we lynched Yogurt I realized that we should be much more cautious.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I've got to say I strongly disagree with you there, spambot. If we don't start lynching, and use all our lynches, we're basically betting the whole game on our ability to find the bomb. I frankly have no idea what our odds of doing that are or even quite how to do it and betting on that seems like a bad gamble to me. I'd rather actually play mafia here; lynch, try and find the scum, and use the bandwagons to get info, instead of just hoping that we find the bomb.

Should we try to find the bomb, with field agents or SIA's or whatever? Sure. But not at the expense of scumhunting.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:47 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:I've got to say I strongly disagree with you there, spambot. If we don't start lynching, and use all our lynches, we're basically betting the whole game on our ability to find the bomb. I frankly have no idea what our odds of doing that are or even quite how to do it and betting on that seems like a bad gamble to me. I'd rather actually play mafia here; lynch, try and find the scum, and use the bandwagons to get info, instead of just hoping that we find the bomb.

Should we try to find the bomb, with field agents or SIA's or whatever? Sure. But not at the expense of scumhunting.
QFT

I would rather put my life on the line and lynch every hour than staying idle and letting the scum get away as time passes by.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, I also notice you didn't answer my other question, Spambot, which is about what information you've recently deciphered. But I suppose that would better be discussed in private, at least for the moment.

spambot, I'd like to see you in my office
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Unvote

Yea, I really don't like my case on Spambot much either. Most of the reason I voted for him was so I could see if
something
happened, but nothing really did.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

It's hard to stay suspicious of Yos when he keeps making so much pro-town sense. Totally agree with him on the lynching situation.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Yeah Yos is definitely a strong player. If we could just get to lynching someone...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

You are allowed to quote anything that is not from me.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okey-day!

Just got my role PM, and from what I understand I'm replacing EyceKing. Peremptory *huggles* for Ibs. <3

I'll get to reading through this game ASAP, but two notes:
1.) I have an important game on deadline elsewhere I will be focusing on; and
2.) Once I get a hold of the HP book this weekend it will almost be impossible to tear me away from it until I'm finished with it

No worries bringing me "up to speed"; I'd rather read through the game on my own time than have somebody tell me their version of events. I expect to be done reading through the game by Monday, and Wednesday at the
absolute
latest.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by ibaesha »

PJ wrote:No worries bringing me "up to speed"; I'd rather read through the game on my own time than have somebody tell me their version of events.
Same here. However:
I'm replacing CTD. I did get a chance to speak with him about the game before he went on vacation so I know his general thoughts on some things and will be keeping that much in mind while I read along. Also, because of this, until I do my readthrough, my vote will be staying where he left it. (Despite the fact that I'd find it so much more fun to just lynch FA without having to read 40 + pages :P)
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

He let out a gurgling, grumbling chuckle. "And to think I was about to say something nice about you..."
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, good, glad I'm allowed to quote stuff from my office meetings with other players.

Anyway, while I thought he was town earlier, Albert's been acting strange lately, so I went back and looked at the PM's of the private conversation we had a few game hours ago; remember, when he suddenly wanted to talk to me and wouldn't say why?

At the time I thought it was kind of odd, because he didn't really have any relevent info to say to me; he mostly just wanted me to assign him his own personal bodyguard, like he was also saying in the thread. However, he did say this, which looking back looks incredibly scummy to me.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I receive important information from the SIAs every hour. Actions sent to the mod from suspicious players are referred to me. You said you trusted OTM least of all the field agents, why would you hesitate to assign him to me and have Korran protect the counter-intelligence agent ?
(shrug) I guess we could switch OTM and Korran's jobs, if they both wanted to, so OTM would be protecting one of the two cybers (but not announcing which one in thread) and Korran would be protecting Xxdaamo. Not really sure why you want to make the switch, though.

Also, I can't exactally tell them what to do anyway, as you may have noticed from the fact that Yogurt apperntly ignored his orders.

If you want the bodyguard to change, your best bet is to probably try to argue it in the thread, so both me and the bodyguards can hear your reasons; I'm not sure why this is a conversation you want to keep secret. Of course, if you just wanted to make the scum think that you were giving me information so they won't feel the need to kill you to stop that information from getting out, I can understand that.
Not only that, but I will look good when the terrorists kill you and you are proven to be on our side.

I think you should keep office meetings to a minimum tough.
I didn't pay much attention at the time, but the line that he wanted to talk to me so he would look good "when the terrorists kill me and I'm proven to be pro-town" just looks incredibly scummy reading it again now. It seems that A. he knew my alignment, B. he had some idea of the terrorists future killing plans, and C. he was very much conserned about looking good. All are scum tells.
fos:Albert
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:48 am

Well at the time I had decrypted information (the actions were investigations on you) so that you would be proven town or scum either way. Truth be told I never anticipated that ALL the investigations would be interrupted. And that's why I turned 180 degrees on you, really.

We have 0 investigations, and I think we have you to blame.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Well at the time I had decrypted information (the actions were investigations on you) so that you would be proven town or scum either way. Truth be told I never anticipated that ALL the investigations would be interrupted. And that's why I turned 180 degrees on you, really.
That may be so, Albert, but you didn't sound like you were expecting me to be investigated. You sounded like you already knew I was innocent. Besides, Xdaamo investigating me was public knowlege, as he had stated it early in the thread, so even if that is true that you knew for a fact that he was investigating me it dosn't really change anything.
We have 0 investigations, and I think we have you to blame.
(shrug) I know that I didn't order the switches, but I understand that you don't have any way of knowing this for sure. Nonetheless, that's not really relevent to the point either; answering my suspicions of you by giving a totally different reason to suspect me dosn't actually answer anything at all.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:56 am

Why not state that I think your on our side ? If your a terrorist, you will keep me alive for thinking your not. If your innocent, it would have been proven by your death or by the investigation.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

But again, that's not what you said. If you said "I think you're on my side", that would be fine. "When you're proven to be on my side" sounds like you already KNOW I'm pro-town, and that's why it's scummy.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:00 am

Its best that you think that I "know" your town, even if that isn't the case. Do you see where I am getting at ?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:02 am

I would like to add that I stopped receiving SIA intel to decrypt, which I can only blame on FA. He must be hiding something from us.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Its best that you think that I "know" your town, even if that isn't the case. Do you see where I am getting at ?
No, I really don't. There WAS no way you could "know" I was town before the first investigations started to come, unless you are scum. No SIA investigation could possibly prove someone's town. Again, if you had said you thought I was town, that'd be fine.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:15 am

When was that anyway ? I seem to recall that it was only a few hours before your alignment would be found. It doesn't make a huge difference, but the exact wording is "Not only that, but I will look good when the terrorists kill you and you are proven to be on our side", I didn't say you were innocent. I said that you would be innocent if the terrorists ever got to you, which only implied that I thought that you were town, and that the terrorists would assassinate you.

At the time I thought you were town, so I made the assumption that you would be assassinated by the terrorists. Even if you weren't going to be murdered, we would still have an investigation on you. I felt that we had you pretty cornered at that time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”