Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Ricastle »

House's actions yesterday would be truly awful play if he is scum, which makes me unconfident in that respect. But I really don't like Kitz's opening here, so for now

VOTE: Kitz

Rubicon: That's not relevant in this angle of discussion. Elusive merely contested that I was not even close to being the most townread player D1 and I responded as to how I evidently was.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 1125, Ricastle wrote:Rubicon: That's not relevant in this angle of discussion.

Consider it a new angle, then. My question stands.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Kitz »

What makes me more Meh than anyone else here for an opening? What makes me so much more troubling?
I even freaking contributed by sharing my thoughts about the possibilities.

These could be Meh.
In post 1106, Grib wrote:What? You mean I
didn't
Serial Kill anyone to the face?

Sorry, Ricastle. I'm disappointed too.

In post 1109, Rubicon wrote:Hm, I have a lot of townreads off that wagon.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:10 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

In post 1127, Kitz wrote:What makes me more Meh than anyone else here for an opening? What makes me so much more troubling?

Nightkill speculation, is not inherently towny, though the way you did it isn't scummy either. It accomplishes nothing, much like everything else you've posted.

That said I'm not entirely unconvinced that you're not lined up to be the next "easy lynch". I'll have to look into it though, because I have had a minor scum read on you for a while.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

Wow, that triple negative is both impossible to read and means the opposite of what it was supposed to. To clarify: I think Kitz might be an "easy lynch".
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 1128, PointYBagelS wrote:Nightkill speculation, is not inherently towny, though the way you did it isn't scummy either. It accomplishes nothing, much like everything else you've posted.

I don't see how speculating what happened in the night is particulary scummy or towny other than the sake of contemplating what may have happened, and give the others an idea if they have some feedback themselves.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 1126, Rubicon wrote:
In post 1125, Ricastle wrote:Rubicon: That's not relevant in this angle of discussion.

Consider it a new angle, then. My question stands.
No it doesn't. I already explained the only reason I had for making that statement. The point was specifically about material townreads, their legitimacy be damned. I'm not assuming anything as it is not a decisive take on the game, merely a counterpoint to elusive's.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 1127, Kitz wrote:What makes me more Meh than anyone else here for an opening? What makes me so much more troubling?

These could be Meh.
In post 1106, Grib wrote:What? You mean I
didn't
Serial Kill anyone to the face?

Sorry, Ricastle. I'm disappointed too.

In post 1109, Rubicon wrote:Hm, I have a lot of townreads off that wagon.

say something not-meh

In post 1131, Ricastle wrote:No it doesn't. I already explained the only reason I had for making that statement. The point was specifically about material townreads, their legitimacy be damned. I'm not assuming anything as it is not a decisive take on the game, merely a counterpoint to elusive's.

The point I'm making has nothing to do with your reply to elusive. It's actually something House pointed out as early as yesterday, . You can't say "their legitimacy be damned" because you wouldn't be killed if they were illegitimate.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:24 am

Post by elusive »

In post 1130, Kitz wrote:
In post 1128, PointYBagelS wrote:Nightkill speculation, is not inherently towny, though the way you did it isn't scummy either. It accomplishes nothing, much like everything else you've posted.

I don't see how speculating what happened in the night is particulary scummy or towny other than the sake of contemplating what may have happened, and give the others an idea if they have some feedback themselves.

Speculating about the night in general terms, not role fishing or role slipping. Probably speculation would be useful later on, rather then now.

Kitz, you're circumspect this game and usually I expect you to state what you think and be on target with at least some of your reads and thoughts.

Wagon analysis though is of interest to me.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Ricastle »

Well, the only non-townread of mine I mentioned was Grib. I'm hardly going to downplay the reads based on that alone. 5-6 v 1 is no contest and shouldn't have an impact on wether or not I deserve to be NKed.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:38 am

Post by elusive »

I'm not sure why in a game of such proportions and a stable of at least half-way competent players you keep making it seem like you're getting NKed is a given or that the possibility of being NKed would somehow townfirm a player.

Scum could cry and I have seen a scum spend a ton of a game going, "Boo hoo I'm going to be NKed" and miraculously survive night after night.

However, what I would like to see from you Ricastle is a logical thought process. Therefore, can you build a case on Kitz?

Do you see anyone on the Skold wagon who tips of your scum radar?

Do you think any of the people who are town reading you could be buddying or maybe, your just not that into them?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 1135, elusive wrote:I'm not sure why in a game of such proportions and a stable of at least half-way competent players you keep making it seem like you're getting NKed is a given or that the possibility of being NKed would somehow townfirm a player.
I'm bringing it up because the Doc and the Mafia evidently thought the same way last night, so their target must have stuck out somewhat yesterday. Who do you think is an obvious enough target to have gotten protected and attacked last night?

In post 1135, elusive wrote:However, what I would like to see from you Ricastle is a logical thought process. Therefore, can you build a case on Kitz?
I don't think a single thing she's said has been genuinely progressive. She has no reads (bar saying Creative
might
be her first townread early on), hammered Skold, and the only time she's discussed about players is when that player is her and she's on the defence, attempting to excuse her passive coasting.

In post 1135, elusive wrote:Do you see anyone on the Skold wagon who tips of your scum radar?
Other than Kitz, Klingon. I believe she voted more out of obligation than anything though.

In post 1135, elusive wrote:Do you think any of the people who are town reading you could be buddying or maybe, your just not that into them?
What do you mean? I just said I was townreading all but one of them so of course I don't think they're buddying. Do you think any of them could be buddying?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1121, Bellaphant wrote:The only reason I can see house doing that would've been if the existing wagon was on another scum, and would he have been so blatant? Actaully...

Hey, guess who Skold was a counterwagon to?

XAYZEK!

like all of House, Xay, Boon seem like good lynches. Not opposed to Klitz at all. I'm also really worried with Peace avoiding the Skold wagon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:House
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Ricastle »

Are you confident scum!House would put his neck on the line to get a townlynch? Because I'm not.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Ricastle »

And why do you still want to kill Boon?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why do you think House would be unable to push a mislynch as scum?

Tell me what Boon as done and then ask yourself why you, as supposedly town, want him to remain.

Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Ricastle »

Nothing. What concerns me is how aggressive he was about both lynching Skold and defending Xay. Seems to me like a terrible strategy for the House+Xay scumteam you're proposing.

I'm under the impression Boon has been playing his standard game so far. Why would you be willing to PL over two of your scumreads?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

@Shinobi - Has Boons been prodded?

Honest ta gawd I'm ready to vote for him. Something like 14 posts the whole game, none of which say anything useful.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

It just got stupid here at my house, back later with some reads and a vote.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:04 am

Post by elusive »

Sorry, ricastle considering you heavily pushed a town lynch and such I expect that if you aren't scum scum will keep you alive and well. Errant was the player I was somewhat worried about but she's fine.

Actually Nero you forgot the wagon that was vampirate unless all three were town which I doubt.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So what, House scum lets Xay get lynched? Naw.

Its also possible that House is scum and he's defending Xay for the town cred but meh, there's no way to know the dynamic but I effectively am scumreading them both. Why do you think they are town? Just 'cause "House wouldn't do that as scum"?

Ricastle wrote:Why would you be willing to PL over two of your scumreads?

this is pretty strawmanny, bro.

elusive wrote:Actually Nero you forgot the wagon that was vampirate unless all three were town which I doubt.

I'll have to make sure but I thought it went

Boon is wagoned, then Skold, then Vamp, then Xay, then skold again.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

That was my impression of the wagons. @nero, is that assuming a scum!house and scum!xay?

I think House uses ballsy plays, so it's hard to get a definite answer right now.
Also, what does the wagon mean about your ideas on the vamp slot?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 1146, Nero Cain wrote:Why do you think they are town? Just 'cause "House wouldn't do that as scum"?
I liked House a lot yesterday. Xay, I'm null on. I think House hard defending his partner and pushing a mislynch would simply be absurd to perform if he was thinking so much as a day ahead. I find it a lot more believable for Xay to be town in this scenario, but I'd like House to say something before going further with this.

In post 1146, Nero Cain wrote:this is pretty strawmanny, bro.
Your reasoning on Boon is as good as policy. I'm simply asking, in what situation would you push for a Boon PL over two players you're actively scumreading?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1147, Bellaphant wrote:@nero, is that assuming a scum!house and scum!xay?

sure?

I kinda hate that both you and Rick are badgering me over my reads on those two when NONE SHOULD BE TOWNREADING THEM.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”