Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

Vote Count 2.3
Reubus Swagrid replaces saad.

Reubus Swagrid 1 (Plotinus)
Plotinus 1 (Wyvernite)

Not Voting 5 (Argos, Reubus Swagrid, Skold, Wanderer-nl, singersigner)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2015-05-02 10:00:00)

Last edited by Cephrir on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:00 am

Post by Plotinus »

Welcome Reubus
Argos
Argos
Townie
Argos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 am

Post by Argos »

In post 297, Plotinus wrote:Wanderer, what makes you think I'm still doing that? I gave reasons for voting saad. They're genuine. When I'm sheeping, my reason is going to be given as "I dunno" or "I thought ____ knew what they were talking about". I was the first to bring up Argos. It's true I didn't vote Argos but only because my suspicion of Argos is relational to saad. I don't know if I should keep my vote on saad so whoever replaces him knows we're serious (L-2 is more serious than L-3, which is where he'd be if I invoted).

I don't know whether it is better strategy to keep my vote on saad or switch to argos while we wait for saad to be replaced. If I thought it was better to switch to Argos I'd do that right now because Argos has had 11 posts so far, less than 4% of the thread. Argos gives reads when asked but otherwise hasn't been talking very much, hasn't been asking questions of everyone or trying to get to know us. The reason I'm not switching is that saad asking to be replaced has only made me more suspicious of his slot because:

In post 108, saad wrote:people only wanna play as town, if i replace i'd likely get a scum slot from a guy who lurked because he flipped scum.

In post 289, saad wrote:actually just replace me, get someone who will play the game, sorry for the inconvenience.

its singer and wyvernite

Yeah, I haven't been putting as much work in as I should. No excuses, I need to start doing a deep read of the thread. I've been playing kinda defensively so far, trying to make sure we aren't lynching town rather than looking out for scum, and I need to fix that.

I wish I could say I was excited to hear from Reubus but honestly this whole thing is a bit of a cock-up - Reubus can't read minds, after all, and won't be able to answer for a lot of the questionable things saad has done. I suppose that's the same for most replacements, but it feels especially acute here considering all the questions left unanswered. If saad was town after all though, it would be nice to have some fresh eyes shed some light on the whole situation.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Hey all, glad to be here. Anyhow I have a catchup post in the works, I've yet to read the thread so I'll do that now.

And hello again BBT
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

If anyone has any questions they might want to ask from a different player in the ex-saad slot go ahead.

After a quick ISO check nothing seems ultra scummy to me so let's start afresh.

UNVOTE: Plotinus
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:58 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

From what I've seen on this site saad has a problem not being scumread and I can kinda see why. Some of his posts would've made me lean scum on him but I've seen my role PM.

In post 289, saad wrote:actually just replace me, get someone who will play the game, sorry for the inconvenience.

its singer and wyvernite

He didn't even vote :/

My slot seems to be tainted, anyone intending to hold saad's actions against me?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

D1 was stupid. People massed onto each wagon presented to them without hesitation or questioning of motives. Then for NO REASON WHATSOEVER mofo was lynched. RVS votes on mofo weren't changed and we let that slide, noted.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

The wagon- Argos, singersigner, saad, BlueBloodedToffee, Plotinus

I'm certain there's scum on this wagon

I've seen town derphammer so this doesn't give me much of an indication of alignment tbh

@Argos & singersigner
Why didn't you shift your RVS votes or justify why they sat there for the entire duration of D1?

How has no-one addressed this?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

I've looked at Argos ISO and I've almost made half the amount of posts he has in 10 days. He hasn't given us much to work with, just analytical opinions and no reads whatsoever. He claims that he was going to pressure BBT but he's actually failed to post ANYTHING D1. During those 5 days when did you decide you were going to pressure BBT and why did you abstain from saying anything. You claim you were thinking about the game but you never came around to acting out your plan or actually playing the game at all.

And you let your vote sit lazily on mofo whilst you have these intentions of pressuring BBT. Yep, this doesn't add up. A great place to start I think.

VOTE: Argos

Your sympathy for me is well conceived but this is where digging gets me, I don't see how something this unordinary has gone unnoticed until now
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

@singersigner
Can you explain your actions during D1 and how it has helped your win condition? Do you agree with my statement about scum being on the D1 wagon? If so, who on that wagon is most likely scum?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:09 am

Post by singersigner »

First of all,
vote: Reubus Swagrid

Second of all, I'm at work posting on a cracked phone so I'll be home in a couple of hours to address your questions. I just want my vote to marinate with you a bit. :]
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Skold »

In post 307, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Why didn't you shift your RVS votes or justify why they sat there for the entire duration of D1?

I'll get onto that catchup soon but this is kinda dumb. Seriously, the day lasted 24 hours, how can you expect them to shift the RVS votes? The idea that D1 lasted 5 days as the phrasing ''During those 5 days when did you decide'' implies is dumb. It lasted little more than 24 hours. I will still make the post I was planning to, but this is too much to ignore.
Vote: Swagrid
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

@Skold
Do you have any analysis or preferably reads for us?

What were the said cases that you had in mind?
saad is gone now, does that mean all the content you've posted has been useless filler?

Why don't you read the thread? (Post 157)

You say your gut feeling is that scum hammered (which 9/10 doesn't count for shit no matter who you are), why is town hammering so implausible? My view on gut feelings is that they really don't apply to everyone else around you, having a gut feeling is nice and all but it's only credible to you, unless someone trusts your gut more than their own (which would be pretty fucked up in any case) or shares similar views.

Considering the above would you still scum read Plotinous for derp hammering on D1?

Do you consider yourself productive? If not, do you think it's possible to change the errors of your ways and strive towards achieving your win condition rather than intending to and waiting for it to happen?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:30 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 311, Skold wrote:
In post 307, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Why didn't you shift your RVS votes or justify why they sat there for the entire duration of D1?

I'll get onto that catchup soon but this is kinda dumb. Seriously, the day lasted 24 hours, how can you expect them to shift the RVS votes? The idea that D1 lasted 5 days as the phrasing ''During those 5 days when did you decide'' implies is dumb. It lasted little more than 24 hours. I will still make the post I was planning to, but this is too much to ignore.

What did I just read? First of all, the 5 days comment is aimed at Argos, not you
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Oh my fucking god. I read my timestamps wrong ;_;

Rip
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 311, Skold wrote:

Ok, the basis for a fair amount of my argument is gone but that's ok, I wasted an hour and a half but that's ok. Too much to ignore hardly warrants a vote though, unless you're certain that I am scum because of the above in which case you should put forward reasoning rather than lazily calling it dumb and throwing a vote on me.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Well obviously that was one of the largest fuckups I will probably ever have on MS but is it really alignment indicative?

It almost wants to make me curl up into a ball and cry and request a replacement but hey, I gotta learn don't I?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

/undo 306 onwards god that's embarrassing. I thought I could handle another game but I could hardly enter right.
I'll just go to bed now....

Don't bus me while I'm asleep, that would be just silly
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

@MOD requesting replacement

I'd rather get a replacement than fuck this game up for town. I really goofed, my sincere apologies to town, anyone I may have offended and my replacement.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Skold »

You went from being voted twice to replacement.. Yeah you dun goofed but I don't see why you should leave. Reconsider? Reason for voting you is that I've seen town killed over fabricated evidence. I've seen scum in newbies just flat quote things that were never said or say something happened that didn't because nobody is going to be arsed looking through the whole thread to call bullshit. Some of this foolproof ''evidence'' caused me to believe that a case on me was deadset in stone on my first game, so I gave up.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Plotinus »

Guys Reubus is at L-1 again be careful about hammering

pedit: Reubus, really? If you're town, you can recover from this. You're not dead yet. You misread something. It could happen whether you're town or scum. You haven't wasted an hour and a half if it was time spent reading the thread. Just take in the new information and adjust your reads accordingly. it's not an easy slot you've replaced into, but do your best, that's all we want from you-as-a-person whatever your role pm says (don't quote it for us).

The first day was actually about 13 hours long (i just counted) from first non-mod post until hammer. I'm not sure why we were saying 7 earlier (i think i took singer's word for it). Now you know. day 2 has been longer with more content.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 317, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Don't bus me while I'm asleep, that would be just silly

I mean, if he knows what bus means this is a really unfortunate comment to make even in jest at this stage in the game from that slot, and it's going to take quite a bit of work to get me to unvote at this point, but I can kinda relate to feeling like you've fucked up an entire game for town here, so I do have empathy and I will respect him more as a person if he stays even though I still think we should lynch him during this game day.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

deep-city-lights replaces saad/Reubus.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
deep-city-lights
deep-city-lights
Goon
deep-city-lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:49 am

Post by deep-city-lights »

I am town.

Please take Reubus off L-1 for the time being. I like to vote my scumreads as I catch up, and don't want any accidents. Thank you.

That being said, I am currently preoccupied but will be around in a few hours. I hope the thread will still be open when I get back.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Skold »

I'm not taking the slot off L-1 for now. Reubus' ''don't bus me'' statement is likely a joke but I still can't see it coming from town. In fact I don't see much of him coming from town. I'm feeling tired and will abandon the thread for tonight. Don't hammer without me, and let deep-city-lights get her say in.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”