Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3875 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3852, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 3848, Oversoul wrote:I really dislike the strength of CDB's role.

Tracker + Rolecop?

Yeah, but the chances of that actually coming together are not that high

1) I have to correctly match sign on my target
2) My target has to be using an active ability
3) They have to be submitting the same sign as I am (i.e. their own)

Wait, what? I don't understand point 3.

Point 1 is not that difficult if you are scum seeing as how there's 4 people who can all get a sign. Not mention you can all target one individual one major night and pretty much guarantee their death, so... not that far fetched.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3876 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Oversoul »

Bleh, that post made no sense. You can all detect one person on a minor night (guessing all 3 signs) and then guarantee their death the major night.
I don't understand the interaction for point 3?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3877 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:22 am

Post by singersigner »

Man, every time I'm willing to ease off Titus she says something INCREDIBLY STUPID. She's a much better lynch than ether AD or CDB.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3878 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Oversoul »

Stupid means she is scum, Singer?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3879 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:25 am

Post by singersigner »

Stupid means she's making calculated efforts not to do her research after consistently getting on everyone's butt hole about "not reading." But it's apparently ok when she does it and uses it to purposefully say inflammatory remarks just to make someone else look bad/worse. Ugh.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3880 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:27 am

Post by singersigner »

Also, what's so strong about a 1/3 ability to track and 1/9 of an ability to do both track and role cop?

I like tomatoes.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3881 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:27 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Oversoul, you're thinking about it as if it's a scum ability, I'm not - because it isn't. I agree that power roles for scum sound pretty strong when they can all detect the same person. But ask yourself if this is appropriately powered for town who can't detect more than one person per major night.

Re: how point 3 works, I only get told the name of the ability that my target is using if the sign they submit to use it is the same as the one I submitted to track them

so let's imagine a world in which someone has the sign Horse

If I track Gary, whose sign is Horse, I have to submit Horse on him or I don't get any result. Then, if I successfully matched sign on him, if he uses an ability called Badger on somebody, trying to match sign on his target by submitting Horse, then I also get hold that his ability is called Badger. If he submits the sign Potato on his target, I don't get told that the ability is called Badger, but I do get told who he targeted.

I don't know if I can put it more clearly than that
#greenshirtthursdays
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3882 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Gamma
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3883 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:28 am

In post 3882, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Gamma

#greenshirtthursdays
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3884 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Oversoul »

That was very clear, CDB. Thank you

Reading through the TSO wagon, Gamma's vote was quite possibly the worst one. My takeaway from Gamma's play is to try and push as many people as possible to get as much power role information and understanding of who finds what scummy for later lynches.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3885 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Oversoul »

Also, to put something in perspective...

TSO was lynched from his first vote to death in 11 hours. The fact that no one tried to prevent that wagon is astounding.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3886 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:31 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I'm gonna read over two things of my own volition and then people need to explicitly tell me to look at things or else I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to do it.
i) Looking at CDB's claim and things. Initial kneejerk reaction on the readthrough without ISOdiving is that it looked townish to me, but I'm being really fucking lazy when I say that so whatever.
ii) Looking at FF/Marquis because I have pings that he might be scum and I dislike saying it because I know he's VLAish and it's probably rude as fuck to consider pushing him this late in a day cycle when he probably won't be here, but beyond Titus I think that's who my gut wants me to look at the most right now.

Espe is kind of leaning townier to me now? I think?
Mostly because he's still not giving a fuck when everyone has explicitly been scumreading him for not giving a fuck.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3887 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

Oh wow we only have 8 hours left. I thought we still had a day and half to lynch someone. Hmm...
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3888 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3884, Oversoul wrote: My takeaway from Gamma's play is to try and push as many people as possible to get as much power role information and understanding of who finds what scummy for later lynches.

how many people do you think i've been pushing? because I've pushed REAL hard but not on very many people.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3889 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I might be about to change my vote and sort of push someone else to be fair but I don't really see how that conclusion makes sense.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3890 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Oversoul »

My vote mainly stems from the way you completely discounted your read own town read on TSO in favor of his lynch.
TSO was someone you were willing to boon early in the game and up until his wagon, you thought was town.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3891 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

To be fair, I also voted TSO and voted to boon him at one point too.
I don't think it's awful to change your mind on someone and there were inconsistencies about TSO's re-entry that made him seem sketchy.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3892 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Gammagooey »

i discounted it when he didn't actually show up and do anything except bluster about actiondan and post a team member's reads list and his responses to ffery seemed pretty bad.

i get why you'd scumread me for that but my singer and cdb pushes are not similar things.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3893 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Gammagooey »

sigh

i'd be voting one of shadoweh and mastin right now if i didn't have so many opinions on why singer looks like scum

i'm going to go eat lunch and maybe do something when i come back
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3894 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:39 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 92 (Major Day 1, VC 54)

(8)
ChannelDelibird:
Titus, Formerfish, Bulbazak, TellTaleHeart, Untrod Tripod, vezokpiraka, ActionDan, Espeonage
(Gammagooey)
[L-2]
(3)
ActionDan:
ChannelDelibird, DeasVail, singersigner
(1)
Titus:
Aronis
(1)
singersigner:
mastin2
(1)
Aronis:
Shadoweh
(1)
Gammagooey:
Oversoul

(3)
Not Voting:
Cheetory6, GuyinFreezer, Gammagooey
(Oversoul)

With 18 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)

Bulbazak is V/LA until April 27th. GuyInFreezer is V/LA until April 27th.

Seven hours and some change until deadline.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3895 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 am

Could somebody please do something about this, please and thanks
#greenshirtthursdays
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3896 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:00 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2534, Bulbazak wrote:I feel as if this is a reference to Joss Whedon Mafia, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get.

before I go, I just want to say I'm still kinda amazed that you didn't get what I was talking about: the interaction of two scum with an IC.

I'll quote a couple, but all you have to do is double iso greyice and AA9 and ctl-f "serra" to see a very strong pattern.

Subject: Mini 1624: Joss Whedon Mafia: The Musical (Game Over)

GreyICE wrote:Sure. You are the most fucking worthless innocent child ever. Handed a wonderful opportunity to actually be a town leader, you have... lets see... actually, you've done nothing wrong besides bitching. And stomping your vote on Murder, which, well, I wouldn't cry if they were lynched, but I think they might be town. Certainly there's better places for a vote, I could virtually guarantee you that, serra.

Riddleton is just going to linger in this game like a bad smell. He's probably town, he's obviously incompetent, it's obvious the scum aren't going to shoot him for a thousand years, it's obvious that he's never going to listen to anything long enough to modify his inane blather and all he's going to do is lash out at people and spam away.

Anti... is doing something this game. I liked the last few stuff, but it's generally fairly weak. Again time to evolve, because this game opened YESTERDAY.

Anatole can continue to be the poster most in need of biting me.

Would really like to know why people were so impressed with Egg too, there's a lot of White Knights following that vote, which as I said, quite interesting.

ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 289, serrapaladin wrote:Yeah, he probably is, and AA9 actually looks pretty bad.

What do you mean you by this. Details please
And for your record. you're a horrible Innocent child. Practically useless!!!

ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 313, serrapaladin wrote:I will probably go back and forth on this, but I quite like my AA9 vote for now.

Too bad that i am living in the world with a dumb person like you.

There hasn't been anything quite so blatant in this game, at least not before the TSO lynch, but it was a behavior I was looking for.

tth stands out as being overly hostile at nearly every turn. I intentionally went limp against the hostility and just probed for understanding of her stances, rather than take the tack serra did in the Whedon game, to see how she'd react. And her reaction has been to discredit nearly every comment about reads/who I'd vote/not vote that I've made since TSO's lynch.

Shadoweh in a way seems to almost take the greyice approach - one well aimed and well timed riposte and then backs off and plays more nicely. Nacho is townreading her very strongly, though, and I feel like her criticism had some validity, but she didn't take it he extra step of who on that wagon looked opportunistic rather than "yea, ok whatever". She's suggesting that there will be nothing to gain from looking back at the wagon because "led by ffery".

It worries me that you have such a strong townread on tth. If you're town, then I think you should be looking back at the whedon game and thinking about how scum might handle having a known inno child in the game.

And I think Mollie should have understood what I was driving at.

I'd like to see oversoul and gammagooey sort each other - come to the same conclusion I have - and work together on day 2. That's a town core I'd be willing to follow.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3897 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

i think oversoul's looked decently town

VOTE: mastin2 this is the best thing i can come up with after rereading things and people for like 90 minutes
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3898 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Gammagooey »

i'll be around AT deadline and not much sooner to hammer if necessary.

I don't really want to lynch CDB after his posts thinking he got hammered, I don't think it's likely he faked it but much more importantly if he had actually posted those types of last minute THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT I FEEL reads like 5 days ago I would have basically never been on this wagon. They look actually legitimately genuinely town.

CDB, ActionDan isn't happening. There is no way he is getting lynched over you today. Either join me on mastin or hop on one of your other non-lurkfuck scumreads with some details on why you'd rather lynch them.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3899 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:24 am

VOTE: mastin2

I'm going to be checking the thread intermittently but not a lot of time to post things other than votes for the foreseeable
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”