Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 1343, Errantparabola wrote:Highly active?!?!? Wtf?
Got anything of value to say?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:00 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1350, Grib wrote:Kill, as in cause you to die.

Are you claiming vigilante? Maybe I missed it but I didn't know you'd outed.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:Creative and ricastle are virtually unreadable. they don't bleed town and don't bleed scum. both interact with others minimalistically and leave reading them near-impossible.

Hm. I wouldn't say this is my impression of either of them.

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:He also votes very opportunistically and barely at all.

What seemed opportunistic about his votes?

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:They seem genuine at a face level but what he's actually saying never adds up to what I presume si truth.

I dunno man, this sentence is like a textbook example of words that sound meaningful but actually mean nothing.

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:Skold and Klingon seem equally scummy to me. Neither seems to be paying much attention and both seem to not relate well with anyone else (yet, despite being abrasive, neither is being lynched indicating partners looking out for them).

I'm guessing you've only read part of the game by this point. :wink: But then, the last part is kind of a weird conclusion to reach based on only reading part of the game.

So yeah, there are some things about this post that strike me as off. I do like that you're diving right in and sharing your thoughts though.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:23 am

Post by RationalMadman »

okay i'll defend give me some time

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:35 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1353, Rubicon wrote:
In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:Creative and ricastle are virtually unreadable. they don't bleed town and don't bleed scum. both interact with others minimalistically and leave reading them near-impossible.

You are actually the one who needs to show anything of either that wasn't pure fluff or unreadable garbage.

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:He also votes very opportunistically and barely at all.

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:They seem genuine at a face level but what he's actually saying never adds up to what I presume is truth.

I dunno man, this sentence is like a textbook example of words that sound meaningful but actually mean nothing.

In post 105, Garmr wrote:
In post 16, jbomber732 wrote:I'll take a nice townread on me, if you don't mind.

VOTE: Garmr

Voting the towniest player is just going to get you wagoned :P.

VOTE: jbomber

For example here, there was no way on Earth that warranted an actual Lynch. He didn't even give the guy a chance to defend.

His actions are never linked to what he's saying and what he says often makes little sense and is nonsense.

Here are other examples:

On the SAME PAGE as he just voted jbomber he suddenly suspects Grib and does this:

In post 113, Garmr wrote:I don't understand the boon wagon but

In post 112, Grib wrote:
In post 109, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you so against a Boons lynch?

I am an uninformed townie and he has made literally one post.

fake edit: Hm.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Boonskiies

This had better be entertaining.

Scum just jumped on it

VOTE: grib

That makes absolutely no sense and is a totally unwarranted read?!

He says this:

In post 145, Garmr wrote:Hey nero are you scum man. Because the nero I know is at least smart not just arrogant :p.

Yet he clearly has no meta that links nero playing dumb meaning he's scum. He randomly notices a change in nero's normal play and says Nero si usually smarter (is that as scum he's smarter or town?) It's a totally nonsensical thing to say and is a read of nothing at all in terms of Mafia.

Actually Megalo merely leeches this and mirrors the nonsensical read stating further about his stupidity:

In post 147, Megalo wrote:Nero you're being really stupid and Grib is town. I'll have to come back later.

Neither Garmr nor Megalo discuss this further, whereas if they'd truly believed it they'd have passionately hounded him and pushed Nero to explain his sudden dumbtelling.

In post 148, Nero Cain wrote:No, I'm really not.

Nero replies this and Garmr ignores it. Only later does Garmr address Nero by replying to a different post:

In post 171, Garmr wrote:
In post 146, Nero Cain wrote:I know what I'm doing, bae. Don't be the scums helpers this game plox.

I will try to listen to you more this game but I really don't agree with boon being a scum lynch as he hasn't done anything scummy. Through he isn't that bad of a policy lynch if we have nothing but we do have something grib.

Oh he's suddenly his best friend? He'll suddenly listen and Nero si smart and arrogant again? What the hell?

In fact Garmr's entire gameplay is utter BS. Megalo could just be lazy town as opposed to scum but House's replacing of them and his sudden tryharding implies they may be lazy town since their replacement is not as lazy and clearly seems to contribute more.

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:Skold and Klingon seem equally scummy to me. Neither seems to be paying much attention and both seem to not relate well with anyone else (yet, despite being abrasive, neither is being lynched indicating partners looking out for them).

I'm guessing you've only read part of the game by this point. :wink: But then, the last part is kind of a weird conclusion to reach based on only reading part of the game.

Has either been led on? I'm not sure, I skimmed votes too. Not sure what to defend against that.

So yeah, there are some things about this post that strike me as off. I do like that you're diving right in and sharing your thoughts though.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:36 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Sorry I formatted this wrong...

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1353, Rubicon wrote:

You are actually the one who needs to show anything of either that wasn't pure fluff or unreadable garbage.

In post 1341, RationalMadman wrote:They seem genuine at a face level but what he's actually saying never adds up to what I presume is truth.

In post 105, Garmr wrote:
In post 16, jbomber732 wrote:I'll take a nice townread on me, if you don't mind.

VOTE: Garmr

Voting the towniest player is just going to get you wagoned :P.

VOTE: jbomber

For example here, there was no way on Earth that warranted an actual Lynch. He didn't even give the guy a chance to defend.

His actions are never linked to what he's saying and what he says often makes little sense and is nonsense.

Here are other examples:

On the SAME PAGE as he just voted jbomber he suddenly suspects Grib and does this:

In post 113, Garmr wrote:I don't understand the boon wagon but

In post 112, Grib wrote:
In post 109, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you so against a Boons lynch?

I am an uninformed townie and he has made literally one post.

fake edit: Hm.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Boonskiies

This had better be entertaining.

Scum just jumped on it

VOTE: grib

That makes absolutely no sense and is a totally unwarranted read?!

He says this:

In post 145, Garmr wrote:Hey nero are you scum man. Because the nero I know is at least smart not just arrogant :p.

Yet he clearly has no meta that links nero playing dumb meaning he's scum. He randomly notices a change in nero's normal play and says Nero si usually smarter (is that as scum he's smarter or town?) It's a totally nonsensical thing to say and is a read of nothing at all in terms of Mafia.

Actually Megalo merely leeches this and mirrors the nonsensical read stating further about his stupidity:

In post 147, Megalo wrote:Nero you're being really stupid and Grib is town. I'll have to come back later.

Neither Garmr nor Megalo discuss this further, whereas if they'd truly believed it they'd have passionately hounded him and pushed Nero to explain his sudden dumbtelling.

In post 148, Nero Cain wrote:No, I'm really not.

Nero replies this and Garmr ignores it. Only later does Garmr address Nero by replying to a different post:

In post 171, Garmr wrote:
In post 146, Nero Cain wrote:I know what I'm doing, bae. Don't be the scums helpers this game plox.

I will try to listen to you more this game but I really don't agree with boon being a scum lynch as he hasn't done anything scummy. Through he isn't that bad of a policy lynch if we have nothing but we do have something grib.

Oh he's suddenly his best friend? He'll suddenly listen and Nero si smart and arrogant again? What the hell?

In fact Garmr's entire gameplay is utter BS. Megalo could just be lazy town as opposed to scum but House's replacing of them and his sudden tryharding implies they may be lazy town since their replacement is not as lazy and clearly seems to contribute more.

Has either been led on? I'm not sure, I skimmed votes too. Not sure what to defend against that.

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1326, Ricastle wrote:So how the fuck is that grounds to FoS him? What was your motive behind making that statement?

His obsession over a trivial post. The paranoia's ridiculous.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by elusive »

Strike 2 for the madman
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

PeaceBringer wrote:oh and bella, this is a game where all are suspects... you were a name brought up, you are worth exploring, others are as well... why the "why me" response?

It's not really a 'why me' response, it's a 'can you be clearer about people who did a similar thing and have avoided the same attention'. Take it as curiosity. All are suspects, after all.

Hi Rational Madman! Interesting entrance. Any thoughts on the replacements? Also, am I right in thinking that on your read through, your top scum-reads were skold/klingon?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1331, Vampirate wrote:

I really don't understand why you think it's suspicious that Nero is confident that House is scum. On the same token, House was pretty damn sure that I am town. It would be easier for scum to clarify someone is town than mafia because the mafia knows which is which, town don't.

In your logic shouldn't you be FoSing House over Nero on this point?

Also, to clarify i'm not scum reading House here, just pointing out the confusing logic in Klingoncelt's posts.

Jesus Christ on a crutch.

I think that Nero's confidence could be
faked
, get it?

Like a Scum player saying they think another player is Scum. Do they really think that other player is Scum? No. They're faking it.

Nero's "read" may
OR MAY NOT
be genuine and from the heart. Therefore, it's null.

However, since he's flogging it until there's nothing left but blood-soaked skeletal remains, he's either the most dedicated Townie ever, or he's Scum.

Have none of you rolled Scum in a Mafia game before? Do you know nothing of Scum strategy?

FoS basically means that you have someone
LEANING
Scum.

If I were sure he's Scum, I would have voted for him.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

And I'm known for having confusing logic.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

@Rational Madman, here's a list of the current players:

1. (Bewilderbeast)/replaced by Bellaphant
2. Boonskiies
3. Creative
4. Davesaz
5. Elusive
6. Errantparabola
7. (Garmr)/replaced by Xayzeck
8. Grib - Townblock
9. (Jbomber7320)/replaced by Vampirate
10. (Kitz)/replaced by Rational Madman
11. Klingoncelt
12. (Megalo)/replaced by House
13. Nero Cain
14. PeaceBringer
15. PointYBagelS
16. Ricastle
17. Rubicon

And here's a list of the Dead:

Skold, Vanilla Townie - lynched D1
-
MiniDeathStar
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by PointYBagelS »

I've been busy and I think I'm going to go V/LA until Tuesday. I'll try to post as much as I can though. Anyway here's my reply to Vampirate

In post 1265, Vampirate wrote:
In post 1259, PointYBagelS wrote:
I've now reread both of their ISOs, and it is pretty clear that Vampirate is scum.

Well that's just your opinion man.

Vampirate seems to have legitimately scumread 2 people, Skold and Xayzeck (plus Ricastle, to an extent). Despite calling Xayzeck out for being anti-town, he never changes his vote. While I understand the worry that Xayzeck might be an easy mislynch due to his lurkiness, I don't understand why a town-Vampirate wouldn't think the same of Skold, who also lurked through most of his wagon. This double standard to me implies that he's not legitimately scumreading anyone, and is just putting up appearances.

You're twisting the story here. I voted Skold on the basis of survival, period. I didn't know one way or the other if he was scum but it was better than voting myself here, I was null on Skold, I didn't Scum read him. As for Xayzeck, I said he was the easy lynch straight away due to his lurky anti town behavior, I NEVER SAID I WAS SCUM READING HIM, AND THEREFORE DID NOT VOTE HIM. If I scum read him I would have switched my vote, 0/2 here. Are you referring to my reply to Elusive's post? Obviously, pretty much anyone would say that lynching someone they don't know the alignment of would be better than lynching themselves. How is this scum reading Xay? The only part you have right was I was scum reading Ricastle at the time due. I've since been pretty null on him though.

Additionally, Vampirate has done very little, if any, actual scumhunting. He's asked questions but nothing really substantial. Mostly he's just asked people to clarify what they were saying.

Fair enough but why are you signaling myself out when you already said you find House scummy, and are blaming me for the things Xayzeck has done.

So we have someone who reaches questionable conclusions, has not scumhunted, replaced in for someone who was already scummy, is borderline lurking. If quacks like a duck...

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Vampirate

It's a moose : P

Judging by this, you're scum reading House but you want to vote myself over him, you're also twisting the story to suit your own purposes and while reading Xay's and my ISO are scum reading me for the same things Xay was doing? This feels like you're setting me up to be honest, smells of manipulation. I haven't voted for you....yet.

Since you think i'm the most obvious scum over Xay, what is your take on him?

You never said you were scumreading Xay, but in you did say that Xayzeck was doing something anti town. Admittedly anti town is not scummy but they go hand in hand.

As for house, I'm still null-scum reading him, but at the very least he acted in a way that isn't impossible for town.

I'm absolutely also scumreading Xay, for many of the same reason. Don't think that just because you're the one I voted for means he's off the hook. If people would rather wagon him I'd probably switch, but at the moment I am finding you scummier.

What are your thoughts on Xay right now?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 1358, Klingoncelt wrote:His obsession over a trivial post. The paranoia's ridiculous.
The FoS came before Nero's "obsession". You initially FoSed him based on the reasoning that he could be scum; why did you do
that
?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1352, RationalMadman wrote:

Haven't you heard? Apparently I'm a Serial Killer.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1365, Ricastle wrote:
In post 1358, Klingoncelt wrote:His obsession over a trivial post. The paranoia's ridiculous.
The FoS came before Nero's "obsession". You initially FoSed him based on the reasoning that he could be scum; why did you do
that
?

The trivial post is why I FoS'd him. It was meaningless for him to say what he did. And there was all the arguing with House.

I have them both at Null right now. House is looking Townish kinda sorta. Nero is looking Scummish kinda sorta. But they're both grey right now.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1366, Grib wrote:
In post 1352, RationalMadman wrote:

Haven't you heard? Apparently I'm a Serial Killer.

That's twice you've said that.

Why?
-
MiniDeathStar
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Grib »

I occasionally like to tell jokes.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1360, Bellaphant wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:oh and bella, this is a game where all are suspects... you were a name brought up, you are worth exploring, others are as well... why the "why me" response?

It's not really a 'why me' response, it's a 'can you be clearer about people who did a similar thing and have avoided the same attention'. Take it as curiosity. All are suspects, after all.

Hi Rational Madman! Interesting entrance. Any thoughts on the replacements? Also, am I right in thinking that on your read through, your top scum-reads were skold/klingon?

I'm really sorry for my mess up I had no idea Skold was dead.

Klingon yes, he's very scummy to me but I don't know if he plays 'middle' even as town or if this is specifically his scumplay. I'd be willing to lynch him though, but would much prefer a Xen/Graf lynch as despite Xen being an okayish player post-replacement, Graf did not towntell at all. He made consistently no sense and contradicted himself over and over.

I'd most like a Xen lynch but there doesn't seem to be the consensus for it so I'm not sure to lead a bw or not.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Well I had idea following it, but I wrote that reading only like the first 20 pages.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1367, Klingoncelt wrote:The trivial post is why I FoS'd him. It was meaningless for him to say what he did.

Why are you changing your story here? If you thought my post was trivial and uneeded why not just say that? Instead, you've been pushing this "oh Nero could be faking his read on House!" so it looks to me like you are changing your story b/c what you were saying wasn't sticking.

but I mean, if your reason for light scum reading me is effectively "he could be scum, he could be faking his read on House!" How does that not apply to anyone else? We all had the same 5.5% chance of getting a scum pm, and you could apply the same reasoning to anyone else so why am I special?

Also, if you think that I could "fake" my scum read on House why are you not concerned with the, yknow, folks (like House) that pushed a mislynch?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1252, House wrote:Can you tell me why Boon is scum?

Because he's done shit this game.

He's either just super lurk town or scum, but his content doesn't suggest he's gotten reads or he's trying to figure out something, he's posting for the sake of
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1268, Bellaphant wrote:Why? KC is catching a bit of heat today, and this all seems to come out no-where?

Based off Nero's list yesterday I slotted him under scum kinda because nothing really stood out, but I feel his recent posts have been more pushing and towny, so I feel better about him not being scum.
GMT+8

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”