BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1597, Quilford wrote:Now that we're here though and you're being really scummy, your earlier scumminess is emerging as considerably more relevant too.

Without using "not scumhunting" (which is ducking scum reasoning you used in marketplace) what scumminess
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Quilford »

I haven't described you as "not scumhunting" once this entire game, so you can drop that angle. I've said your scumhunting has been poor. One example of how your scumhunting has been poor was your reasons for voting Alchemist, which I will get to (they are the brunt of your "earlier scumminess".) You know what's funny about the fact that the phrase "not scumhunting" is raising such red flags for you? It's that I used it repeatedly to describe Alchemist earlier in the game, and you didn't care about it at all then.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 1599, BBmolla wrote:So suddenly the town sounding stuff doesn't count?

Of course it does. It always has. It's the difference between you being my top scumread and me baying for your blood.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Quilford »

Right now, that is.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1601, Quilford wrote:I haven't described you as "not scumhunting" once this entire game, so you can drop that angle. I've said your scumhunting has been poor. One example of how your scumhunting has been poor was your reasons for voting Alchemist, which I will get to (they are the brunt of your "earlier scumminess".) You know what's funny about the fact that the phrase "not scumhunting" is raising such red flags for you? It's that I used it repeatedly to describe Alchemist earlier in the game, and you didn't care about it at all then.

Reading Alch and reading me should be different.

Not scumhunting is a legit scumtell on some people.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Patrick »

Looking over dead scums posts, the great thing about rereading serra is it takes so little effort :D

I still think serra looks like he's buddying with ETL. Also calls Quilford town in his first post. Says the bbmollas opening looks weird/fake according to his team, but doesn't follow up on it at any point. This puts me in two minds:

serra, addressing Mina wrote:I'm worried that you think Quil with Reck and UT on his team would be readable by activity alone. I presume that you're right, but I think you're being too simplistic and disregarding context.

Could be critisising Mina's read of Quilford because he knows it's wrong, but wording of "presume its right" kinda makes me think Quilford is town. Donno though.

Pretty bad attack on Mina, sort of uses BPC as a foil for that. Back and forth between serra and Mina doesn't look especially faked.

serra wrote:I don't disagree with mina's read, just with her reasons. I really liked Quil's early argument with alchemist and he was pretty unapologetic in some of his interactions with Mina. Also, I don't really see scum making up the detailed story about posting a readlist similar to Mina's in his PT before she did.

Sort of looks like Quilford is town. Unless serra has a big tendency to side with his partners and call them town, but this doesn't feel natural between partners. Looks like cuddling up to town-Quilford to try and push mislynch on Alchemist.

Signs out calling Mina scum and ETL and Quilford hard town. More of the same, basically.

Johnny's reads on Quilford feels like smooching as well. Plenty of mentions, but the tone is quite full on when he calls him town:
Johnny wrote:I can't think of Quil as anything but town thanks to Mina's convincing.

Johnny wrote:Alch's 753 is another good argument for Quil town. That read's probably not going away

Johnny wrote:and you can try to convince me that Quil's scum but you'd better have a detective hat on.

Johnny wrote:My townread of Quil is probably bigger than I even originally stated. What I said was something along the lines of "Mina has convinced me that Quil is town," but the more I think about it the less scum Quil makes sense. I don't particularly see scum going so hard at a newb townie day one, when he cracks it looks like genuine anger, and that semantic argument with Espy day one looked like quality "scum wouldn't keep this going" work

Johnny wrote:And then Quil stated my own case better than I could.

There's probably more but this sums up Johnny's approach to Quilford. He was pretty critical of every other player in some way or another. Did Johnny under pressure decide to roll into the thread and try to paint his scumbuddy as the best thing since sliced white bread? I don't want to close my mind entirely to unusual scum play but I'm not feeling it. Would like to hear some other views on this.

Reading through Johnny's posts I think his stance on bbmolla was all kinds of awkward. I won't quite a fuckton in here because this post is getting long already, but my general impression is he tries very hard to read bbmolla as unreadable/not even playing, which was an exageration that a few people called him on.

Johnny wrote:That's a false dichotomy if I've ever seen one. I've already said that I came into this game looking to pick holes in people, and BB getting town reads left and right is fucking baffling. I don't know what his alignment is because he hasn't done anything in this game to really tell me what his alignment is. The things I know are:

1. He's put forth more emotion than content
2. If he's town he's bad at it
3. If he's scum he's winning

See my problem with the slot? It's not a scumread, but it's definitely not a townread. So how 'bout this, anyone who has any read on him whatsoever, tell me what and why, and until then I'll just be stating lovingly into his eyes waiting for him to actually do something.

I think this could be Johnny talking about his scumbuddy. It commits him to nothing and gives him an excuse to duck out of giving a stance. It's also plausible that he's pissed off at how many people are correctly reading town-molla. I don't know how much of my read on this is because I found bbmolla scummy coming into this reread, but Johnny definitely feels pretty evasive about giving a read on this slot throughout his entire time alive.

His reads on Mina and ETL don't stand out to me as much. He shoves ETL into rough second place on his list, and it's entirely plausible he came in with a gameplan of mislynching town-BPC and town-ETL for the win. I'm a bit wary of his lack of attempt to get ETL lynched instead of himself on the Sunday though. If ETL is town, this was still a plausible mislynch for him. If they're partners his lack of motivation makes sense, I guess if they aren't Johnny just decided he was done for and clammed up.

Overall I think bbmolla would make a fair bit of a sense as the scumpartner, though the evidence isn't exactly damning - Johnny didn't say much of anything about me or Mina either and then fell away as the day went on longer. But I do feel a bit of awkwardness there, as though he made a conscious effort to not comment on bbmolla's alignment. I think both players in the scum role looked like they were trying to befriend Quilford, Johnny moreso. I came into this thinking Quilford is town though, and if he's not he's got a great shot at winning this game, so I'd really like some input from others. I'm especially interested in Mina's thoughts because I feel like I can predict what the others will say, heh.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 am

Post by BBmolla »

do you think im scum or not patrick
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 1604, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1601, Quilford wrote:I haven't described you as "not scumhunting" once this entire game, so you can drop that angle. I've said your scumhunting has been poor. One example of how your scumhunting has been poor was your reasons for voting Alchemist, which I will get to (they are the brunt of your "earlier scumminess".) You know what's funny about the fact that the phrase "not scumhunting" is raising such red flags for you? It's that I used it repeatedly to describe Alchemist earlier in the game, and you didn't care about it at all then.

Reading Alch and reading me should be different.

Not scumhunting is a legit scumtell on some people.

Not buying it. You said "not scumhunting" was "scum reasoning" earlier. Now you're saying it's only scum reasoning when it applies to you. Which it never did, anyway, because I never described you as "not scumhunting".
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

holy shit captain semantics fuck off thanks
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

shos has more stuff on Quil so before you mislynch me let me post that shit you fuckwits.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 1608, BBmolla wrote:holy shit captain semantics fuck off thanks

You were drawing a direct comparison to my scum play in Marketplace Mafia. I'm telling you that that comparison is based on shit all. That ain't semantics.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1610, Quilford wrote:
In post 1608, BBmolla wrote:holy shit captain semantics fuck off thanks

You were drawing a direct comparison to my scum play in Marketplace Mafia. I'm telling you that that comparison is based on shit all. That ain't semantics.

You're saying my argument is wrong because I said "not scumhunting" instead of "poor scumhunting"

semantics bullshit

I'm walking away, I'll be back after the show tonight to post shos stuff, I'm hoenstly just done with this stupid fucking game.

IT SHOULD BE FUCKING OBVIOUS IM NOT SCUM

WHY WOULD I RANDOMLY STOP BUSSING MY BUDDY

LIKE HOLY FUCK HOW BAD DO YOU THINK I AM
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I feel like I'm in a god damned newbie game holy shit
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Patrick »

bbmolla wrote:do you think im scum or not patrick

If I had to call it now, I'd guess its you, yeah. I'm not happy enough with that for me to just want to yolo this day though.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

gl to ETL to figuring out if scum is between Quil or Patrick in LYLO, I don't envy your position.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Patrick »

If you're actually town, can you do something worthwhile instead of just screaming about how obviously town you are. Because atm I'm lynching ETL in that endgame, so if Quilford is actually scum, you need to convince me that my read of what serra/johnny were doing is wrong.

Quilford, whats in your head? You must have more than just boring back and forths with ETL and now bbmolla.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'll post shos's shit after the show tonight

clearly posting relevant shit just makes people think I'm scum so I'm not exactly excited to do that more.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

why the fuck would you lynch ETL
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

LOOK AT THE BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN QUIL AND ETL

DOES THAT SEEM LIKE ETL TOWN DONE WITH BULLSHIT

OR CALCULATED SCUM

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWER
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I guess it's also largely in part that me and ETL are on the same page

so I guess I can get your scumread on her
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Quilford »

Ok, here's the big problem I have with BBmolla's Alchemist vote.

The following is essential context—Alchemist's #29 comes as part of a discussion about RVS that has taken place from about the middle of page 1, a handful of players have been involved
and
the discussion has just lead to ETL putting down a serious-sounding vote.

Spoiler: the preceding discussion, edited down (do have a quick look tho)
In post 12, Ms Marangal wrote:Skipping RVs and going straight to business.

In post 14, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Mara!

Why do you want to skip RVS?

In post 19, Mina wrote:

Why don't you want to skip RVS?

In post 22, Ms Marangal wrote:

Because of the nature of the game itself! It wouldn't matter as much if it were a normal game, but tm is srs biz and we must act as such

In post 23, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 19, Mina wrote:

What makes you think I do or don't? Mara stated specifically that she was trying to skip it. I asked why. You immediately assume, or at least try to make it seem like, in my inquiry I want the opposite, which seems kind of silly to me.

I don't particularly like how you are trying to switch the focus off Mara. I want her to answer the question.

In post 25, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:

Do you believe RVS holds no value?

In post 26, Quilford wrote:
In post 22, Ms Marangal wrote:but tm is srs biz and we must act as such

I don't remember getting this memo D:

In post 27, Ms Marangal wrote:I believe it is, I certainly complain about it enough in various places, and yes I do, and always have had a disbelief on the effectiveness of RVs. It is used entirely to often and getting reads from said stage has become practically non existant

In post 28, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:In my experience, scum often want to skip RVS because that is when the slightest transgressions can be hounded for a lynch.

VOTE: mara

In post 29, Alchemist21 wrote:I see RVS as an ice-breaker stage for the game where people can kinda warm up and prepare to get into the game.

Coming after #28, it looks to me like Alchemist is simply defining his position in opposite to ETL's. ETL says that RVS is a pressure-filled stage for scum that they often want to get out of the way asap because little slip-ups in tone or content can result in big wagons on them. Alchemist thinks it's a calmer part of the game; he calls it an "ice-breaker stage": you're kind of just meeting the other players and getting into gear. The implication is that he's not convinced by ETL's Mara vote.

Then BBmolla blows in:

In post 246, BBmolla wrote:
In post 29, Alchemist21 wrote:I see RVS as an ice-breaker stage for the game where people can kinda warm up and prepare to get into the game.

This was your scum post alch

It's so fucking "I'm going to post shit for the sake of posting shit"

I found this profoundly unconvincing and, in the light of what we've just talked about, you should too. Thinking that Alchemist's post is "shit for the sake of posting shit" is a pretty uncharitable portrayal which can only come from having not read closely or followed along with the preceding page worth of discussion.

Alchemist reacts, asking "How is that scummy in the least?" BBmolla replies:

In post 249, BBmolla wrote:A game filled with veterans and content and that's the post you muster? Telling us your mafia theory about rvs?

Are you serious?

This just reads utterly to me as bluster. BBmolla has described Alchemist's original post as "your scum post", he's said this is the post why he voted Alchemist in ; given that nobody else in the entire game found Al's post comment-worthy in the least, as scum BBmolla would need to pump it up and make it look like he actually found his own reasoning convincing, and that looks 100% like what he's doing in this post.

He brings up "veterans" like Alchemist he knew nothing about how any of us played. He brings up "content" as if it wasn't the middle of RVS on Page 2. He says "that's the post you muster" as if it wasn't Alchemist's third post in twenty minutes and nineteen other posts. He calls Alchemist's post "your mafia theory about RVS" as if it wasn't part of a longer discussion about RVS.

In post 256, BBmolla wrote:Your first three posts are literally nothing

Like good luck deflecting onto me, not my fault you fucking obv scummed in the first two pages.

All this reads as bluster. "You fucking obv scummed in the first two pages"? That's certainly not how either Patrick or I formed our reads on Alchemist. There was nothing obvious about Alchemist's play in the first two pages, which was kind of the whole point: it just looked like he was asking a ton of questions to appear curious. And yet BB's read of Alchemist is predicated on his first three posts. And he pushes this read for the rest of the day, without encountering any of the doubt Mina or Patrick or I did? Not buying it, at all.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Patrick »

ETL wrote:DOES THAT SEEM LIKE ETL TOWN DONE WITH BULLSHIT

OR CALCULATED SCUM

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWER

Calculated no. She sounds like she means it, but when so much of it doesn't make any sense its hard to tell. I mean, she didn't exactly sound calculated yesterday but you were happy with lynching her. All that changed as far as I can tell is you're both on the same person today
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by BBmolla »

so Quil I go super hard on alch

then the next day I do nothing and pussy out of a bus on my buddy

how does this seem remotely like a good scum strategy
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by BBmolla »

if only I had a game where I went hard on someone day 1 as scum that we could use as a reference

Oh look!

So I go hard on Piggy Gal and obviously it's wrong so what do I do? Feel demoralized?

Fuck no! I make up bullshit and move on to the next mislynch.

AND JUST FUCKING READ THE POSTS

IM A ROBOT AS SCUM ITS OBVIOUS
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by BBmolla »

The difference between town and scum is that as town I don't fucking care how I look 90% of the time, I'm trying to find scum. When I'm scum, I'm trying to look town and so I play the typical "town" game.

There is no fucking way I'd come into Day 2 and sit around and twiddle my thumbs.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”