PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:21 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Talking about ditching ship at this crucial moment is treasonous!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Besides, it dosn't seem fair to make a replacement show up and read 50 pages of thread when we're going to lynch you in the next few real life days, Guardian.

I know you said the same thing to me in our private chat, but I really don't like this; it almost seems like you (or your scum mates) are just hoping that we all say "Ok, let's give Guardian's replacement a chance to read" which would probably mean that we'd either miss the hour 9 deadline or else FA would be lynched instead.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Off the Mark »

This is a bit of a WIFOM argument, but I have found that scum usually kill someone in order to make their wrong accusations look stronger. They will usually leave players alive who suspect them because they fear looking suspicious when their accusers die.

Xdaamno - suspected me and Guardian - he's dead

Me and Guardian - suspect FA and Yos - we're alive

It's not proof, but it's interesting. Of course, now that I've posted this, this theory can no longer be used to apply to future deaths, due to WIFOM.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos wrote:it almost seems like you (or your scum mates) are just hoping that we all say "Ok, let's give Guardian's replacement a chance to read" which would probably mean that we'd either miss the hour 9 deadline or else FA would be lynched instead.
Wow, that feels like a huge reach to me. Scummy!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Guardian »

ok, whatever. lynch someone, preferably... eh no preference. I am town if that helps your decision. :P

I am really not going to bother putting up much of a fight. If you let the scum (or foolish townies) convince you that my play is most likely to have been scum play, so be it.

Any specific questions you have that you want me to ask I will address, I have done so at all times and I believe answered all questions in a reasonable/convincing manner.

interesting to note: yb supported me, and xdaamno backed off his suspicions of me and was at worst neutral towards me.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Guardian »

Off the Mark wrote:
Yos wrote:it almost seems like you (or your scum mates) are just hoping that we all say "Ok, let's give Guardian's replacement a chance to read" which would probably mean that we'd either miss the hour 9 deadline or else FA would be lynched instead.
qft, yos...
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote:
Eh? It's a reach to wonder about the motives of someone who asks to be replaced right before he's about to be lynched?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Guardian »

Who says I am about to be lynched. What I worry about is if I don't get lynched, I'll have to re-read all this and try and find scumminess when I see no legitimate cases to be had.

It's about even at the moment, and the new players need to read. Probably FA or me will be lynched, but we don't know that for sure.
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote: Me and Guardian - suspect FA and Yos - we're alive
Um, you didn't start to "suspect" me until AFTER the murder happened. In fact, it's interesting to note that it was right after I started being suspicious of Albert that you suddenly started attacking me, and you've been going way out of your way to try and make everything I say sound scummy since that point.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Are you serious, Yos?

I suspected you waaaaayyyy back when I first called out CDB's post. I revealed my suspicion of you a little while later while discussing FA with Albert, but I've been saying you've been consistently pro-town. Like I said recently, the only reasons I suspected you were CDB's support of you and the possibility that you faked the hacking.

Lately, though, I've been seeing possible scum motivations in your posts.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Of course I'm serious. Your whole argument was that you could WIFOM the kill into saying that me and FA are scummy because the scum killed Xdaamo rather then you or guardian.

Never mind that the whole argument is completly dumb to start with, as there's no WAY the scum would rather kill a field agent or a highly suspected deputy director instead of the FBI agent who was most likely in the middle of an investigation. Never mind that scum often do, in fact, have reason to kill people who want to get them lynched, especally when there's a deadline coming up and they have a chance to daykill someone voting for them. My first point there was just that your argument was flawed anyway, as you had not been saying you were suspicious of me before the kill, recently you had been saying that you thought I was pro-town, so that invalidates that whole half of the argument anyway, at least as far as it deals with me.

My second point, which I honestly only really thought of when I went back to see exactally when you did start attacking me, was that the moment when you recently turned to attacking me in nearly every one of your posts was the point when I started being seriously suspicious of Albert and started to consider not having him in a position at all. That was when you suddenly started attacking me, and have been doing so in nearly every post of yours since, using everyting I say as an excuse to suspect me. It might just be a co-incidence, but between that and the possible link between you and Albert way back in hour zero (when you both showed up late, and you made such a big deal about how that "proved" you were both town), if Albert does come up scum I'll definatly be looking at you next.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I said your behavior was pro-town. I have always been a little suspicious of you, ever since I noticed the CDB link. But there's no sense in exploring that further before CDB/FA is lynched.

I started attacking you when I saw scummy posts. It had nothing to do with Albert. Interesting that you are pushing that connection again, though. If Albert and I were both scum, do you really think we'd call attention to ourselves during Day 0 that way and call ourselves a mason group? Sure, it's possible, as a whacked out WIFOM attempt, but not realistic.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

So you can't be scum with Albert because hour zero you were arguing that the latecomers are probably all pro-town, and you and he were both latecomers, and you wouldn't have done that if you were scum-partners with him? That's got to be the worst example of a bad WIFOM defense I've seen in a while. Especally as, if you were his scumbuddy, you might be willing to take a risk like that to try to convince us all of his "innocene" so he'd be given a good position.

Anyway, it's nothing I want to persue right now, as up to that point you've seemed fairly pro-town to me other then the early hour zero stuff, but I am noting it as a possible link for the town to look at later if Albert is scum.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

This is getting lost in the shuffle guys:

Hour 8 Begins 1:30 AM 7/23, ends 1:30 AM 7/26

We are DEADLINED to lynch in under 8 real life hours if we must lynch by hour 9. Although all these arguments are rather interesting, and will play a part later, but we need to stop with all the distractions and get down to business.

Everyone who does not have a vote on anyone is highly suspicious to me right now. Anyone who doesn't have a vote on either Guardian or FA is slightly suspicious to me right now.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Off the Mark »

vote count from Pooky's last vote count: (I don't think anything has changed)

4 Guardian (Frozen Atlantic, Kinetic, Spambot, Yosarian)
3 FrozenAtlantic (Albert B. Rampage, Guardian, OffTheMark)
1 Spambot (Ibaesha)
1 Albert B. Rampage(UltimaAvalon)

Ibby and UA need to change their votes. And someone is not voting ... who's missing? PJ - PJ needs to vote.

All 3 of you (Ibby, UA, and PJ) please vote for Guardian or FA if you care at all about town winning this game.

Then we'll see where we stand. Whoever votes last, do NOT cast a deadlock vote. (making it 5 - 5) I will consider that scummy as all get out.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Wait, Kinetic, we NEED to lynch in hour 9, not in hour 8. Still, we should really get it done in hour 8 or else we'll be pressed at deadline for the rest of the game. If we get it done in hour 8 then we have a 1-hour buffer so we can make one more screwup through the whole game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kinetic wrote:This is getting lost in the shuffle guys:

Hour 8 Begins 1:30 AM 7/23, ends 1:30 AM 7/26

We are DEADLINED to lynch in under 8 real life hours if we must lynch by hour 9. Although all these arguments are rather interesting, and will play a part later, but we need to stop with all the distractions and get down to business.

Everyone who does not have a vote on anyone is highly suspicious to me right now. Anyone who doesn't have a vote on either Guardian or FA is slightly suspicious to me right now.
Well, we must lynch by the END of hour 9 to not lose another lynch. Although hour 8 would be better.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:So you can't be scum with Albert because hour zero you were arguing that the latecomers are probably all pro-town, and you and he were both latecomers, and you wouldn't have done that if you were scum-partners with him? That's got to be the worst example of a bad WIFOM defense I've seen in a while. Especally as, if you were his scumbuddy, you might be willing to take a risk like that to try to convince us all of his "innocene" so he'd be given a good position.
Hey, I admitted it was possible we used it as a whacked out WIFOM exercise, but I think that could EASILY backfire and I don't think that's realistic. Do you honestly think that's what was going on? We're back to Occam's razor now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

O... I thought that we finish the lynch now, then it actually takes place at hour 9. Isn't that how the last lynch took place?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:52 am

Post by ibaesha »

I am up to page 23. And while I understand the pressure we're under to get a lynch in before the deadline, I -am- going to read the entire game before throwing my vote around willy nilly. As I said in my first post, since I was able to talk to CTD before he went on vacation, I am trusting his judgement (his vote on Spambot) until I can make informed judgement of my own.
Off the Mark wrote:All 3 of you (Ibby, UA, and PJ) please vote for Guardian or FA if you care at all about town winning this game.
No, I will make an informed vote if I care at all about the town winning this game.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Then we'll see where we stand. Whoever votes last, do NOT cast a deadlock vote. (making it 5 - 5) I will consider that scummy as all get out.
Actually, rethinking this... go ahead and cast a deadlock vote, if that's what you really think. Yos said he'll lynch FA if he has to, and I'd like to see him prove it.

(Yos can now say the same thing about me and Guardian, but as Yos is the one in the director chair, I think him "proving it" is a little more important than me "proving it" - besides I don't stay up that late :D)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

ibby - at this point, getting a lynch is more important than your vote being fully "informed". Read as much as you can, but please vote before the deadline.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Kinetic »

OTM: I think anyone is willing to make the hammer vote if its a choice between a possible mislynch and no lynch at all. I personally feel the same way and anyone who is pro-town should feel that way.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kinetic wrote:O... I thought that we finish the lynch now, then it actually takes place at hour 9. Isn't that how the last lynch took place?
Umm...I think it counts as the hour we actually reach lynch. From the first post:
Pooky wrote:The town may not lynch if they have lynched within the last 2 "hours"(i.e. if the town lynched in hour "1" they may not lynch again until hour "4")
So, if we had lynched hour 1, it would have happened hour 1, or that rule wouldn't make sense.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

ok, I must have misunderstood then... well that means we have extra time, but I'd hate to waste it....

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”