Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Off the Mark »

We still should lynch hour 8. We're going to miss an hour at some point.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote: Hey, I admitted it was possible we used it as a whacked out WIFOM exercise, but I think that could EASILY backfire and I don't think that's realistic. Do you honestly think that's what was going on? We're back to Occam's razor now.
My general solution to the whole problem of WIFOM is to think "Well, if a scum thought he could get away with doing X, would he want to?" and that way to ignore all the "But a scum wouldn't do something scummy because it would make him look scummy" logical circles. In this case, a scum would want to try to get his partner into a power role by pretending his partner was a "confirmed innocent", IF they thought they could get away with it.
Off the Mark wrote:We still should lynch hour 8. We're going to miss an hour at some point.
There, I agree with you 100%.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Guardian »

Yeah, anyone who doesn't vote before deadline is really scummy. I would consider self hammering if an FA wagon isn't gonna happen, because the town just needs confirmed accurate information. We need to not miss lynches, missing lynches is absolutely ridiculous. If we miss an hour 8 lynch and there are six people on me, I will still be around as a red herring -- ditto with FA.

We MUST lynch to use our maximum number of lynches.

I'm town, I find FA scummy, but whatever. Ibby, PJ, UA, you need to vote me or FA, and quickly.

Ibby, this is a deadline. Your not voting will be horribly detrimental to us by the end of the game. FA and I may not even be two ideal candidates to select from, but we need to lynch
someone
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:13 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Somebody tell me why I should vote for FA, because PJ is the only one thats given a real reason and its still minor compares to Guardian's actions
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Guardian »

Gah. If I am this scummy just lynch me. I can be done with this game, and you can be done with a red herring.

I am sorry but I am not going to go back and give the town a better read on my current suspicions and reasons for them right before getting mislynched. Read my last few posts, if you think they come from a scum about to die, go ahead. I can guarantee I'd be loving the game if I were scum, or even if I was town and had any idea at all what was going on. Oh well.
Do not lynch me.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:27 am

Post by ibaesha »

I'm keeping an eye on the clock as I read. I will make a decision before the deadline. I'm up to page 37 right now and if I had to make a choice between Guardian and FA, it would be FA.

While I don't necessarily like/agree with some of Guardian's play, I do feel that he has genuinely been trying to help the town. The appeals to emotion throughout somewhat bother me - this recent event isn't the first time he's gone on about being replaced. At this point I tend to believe it's more frustrated town than squirming scum.

As for FA - while the rp thing is cool or whatever, most of it is just fluff and I have difficulty determining what he's trying to say. That bothers me. Even with RP, there's a way to express oneself clearly. That said, the only thing clear to go off of with FA is his actions. The vote he placed on YB is highly suspect IMO (so is Spambot's FTR) because it seriously was nothing more than a jump onto a fast moving bandwagon. A bandwagon, mind you, that resulted in the lynch of a townie with amazingly little discussion in comparison to discussion of other topics.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Gee whiz, UA, I've made my case against FA several times. And I admit, it is not the strongest case in the world, but I think it's the best one we have:

1. The early CDB post where he tries to stop townies from confirming themselves.
2. Suspicious vote on YB
3. Roleplaying to say a lot while really saying very little
4. Generally unhelpful to the town
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok. Just finished a (long, heh) chat with PJ, want to get a chance to talk to Ibby before the deadline hits.

ibaesha, I'd like to see you in my office
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

The first point is irrelevant, as, I believe,
all
townies are PM-less townies, and would've been a waste of time in a deadlined game. Remember, Hour 0 was only supposed to last a week.

Agreeing with a bandwagon is scummy now? Well, maybe I should keep my vote on Albert then.

Maybe its because I've been roleplaying for a while, but I can generally see past it and read the important parts. Mind, it is slightly annoying, but there's nothing wrong with a little flavor

And last but not least: I'm sorry, but the only thing I've seen FA do thats detrimental to town is backlogging my crypto-bitch, but that'll be alleviated in an hour anyway
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Off the Mark wrote:1. The early CDB post where he tries to stop townies from confirming themselves.
Which is barely anything other than he didn't want townies giving the idea to scummies, unless they already used it
Off the Mark wrote:2. Suspicious vote on YB
According to everything I've read on vote mechanics, it is the third fourth, and in early games the fifth votes that are the most suspicious. [ 7 YogurtBandit(Albert, Yosarian, OffTheMark, CrashTextDummie, EyceKing, Frozen Atlantic, Spambot) ] In this case, this puts OTM, CTD,and Eyce(PJ)more suspicious than FA. The only reason FA's vote is 'suspicious' is because it was done while RPing.

In addition, this is the first I've read about this (when it was originally brought up about, O, I don't know.. the post before the one I'm quoting...)

Off the Mark wrote:3. Roleplaying to say a lot while really saying very little
Which isn't a scum tell. It is just a way of playing.
Off the Mark wrote:4. Generally unhelpful to the town
And while I agree on this to a certain point, he at least hasn't been detrimental to town.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay. Just finished talking to Yos2 for like three and a half hours. :) I'll have to review our discussion to remember everything, but a couple all-purpose notes:

1.) Seeing as the scum have been able to coordinate both a hacking and a killing, it seems prudent to assume that the scum can talk with each other during the day, likely with or without help of the Director.

2.) When I was talking to Pooky last night, it was heavily implied that the town cannot win the game so easily as "Field Agent finds nuke, send Jack Bauer to defuse, town wins". From what I understand, the nuke is probably guarded - and this comes back to the abilities of the roles we have. Yos2 and I are thinking in order to achieve that win condition, we would have to find which terrorist group we're dealing with, interrogate them/infiltrate them, and then possibly use the "military strike on US Soil" on the area with the nuke before having Jack Bauer defuse it. Of course the game is so completely vague who knows what all we have to do. In either case, it's doubtful to be as simple as I had originally thought.

3.) I have been assured by Pooky that the nuke cannot change locations.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Guardian »

FA has been lurking. I've been trying. That is, very basically, the difference.

Kinetic strongly implied that I have hurt the town by saying that "well if FA hasn't helped, at least he hasn't hurt".

Except by drawing suspicion to myself and my possible mislynch, I fail to see
any way
where I have hurt the town. My current role can do nothing, literally, and I have helped generate loads of discussion. Kinetic, I really don't like that backhanded and untrue point against me.

Also, this is WIFOM and a bit of a stretch, bud if Yos isn't scum and I am, might he not have been killed to get a scum director? Think about that one, especially Yos if you are indeed Yos-town :P.

Also, FA helped lynch YB, I didn't.

Yeah, like, I have acted impulsively and possibly give out a scummy vibe. This isn't the best I've played in mafia, by far. But I'm not a good lynch.

But it would end the misery...
Do not lynch me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Guardian wrote:Kinetic, I really don't like that backhanded and untrue point against me.
Actually that was pointed at Albert. I'm still bothered by his detrimental attitude which I have pointed out in multiple posts.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Guardian »

Ah ok. Your vote is pointed at me, though, and you were defending my main opponent for election :P.
Do not lynch me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I can have multiple suspicions though. And quite clearly I don't think FA is as scummy as the vase that has been made against him. It doesn't help that my top suspect (you), and my second highest suspect (Albert) are both the ones pushing the FA wagon.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Kinetic »

EBWOP: vase = case
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Vote: Guardian
No one convinced me to do otherwise.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Spambot »

FA watched the "brotherhood" and they took no action.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Guardian »

E tu, Brute?

random thought as I'm being lynched -- maybe UA's ego wanted to know why he came last since he was scum and wanted to know if he really was playing townlike. just think about that.

think about yos scum, and def think about FA scum.

watch the good players very carefully. oh, and put someone trustable in co-director. you don't want a mafia kill on yos and a mafia director.. or a director you could lynch.

i have no great reads on anyone left alive, excpet kinetic is prolly town.

:|
Do not lynch me.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Spambot »

The self-hammering comment by Guardian was scummy as hell. I feel pretty confident we finally got one.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by Guardian »

Spambot wrote:The self-hammering comment by Guardian was scummy as hell. I feel pretty confident we finally got one.
we need lynches.

you don't got one.

if you think it is so scummy, hammer me, so you can be blamed for my lynch

and christ, people when i am dead analyze the YB lynch. too little of that was done. fa good scum candidate.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by Guardian »

yos came off like town in our discussions, though he typed way too carefully... i think he is town but really scared about it.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Guardian »

otm also likely town. dont lynch kinetic or otm or you suck.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Guardian »

hmm. thats about all i have to say. dont miss lynches, read these last few posts of mine, and good luck. we need it, two mislynches and one kill.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Guardian »

ebwop: and switch your vote and dont lynch me, put people are idiots and never do such things in these scenarios. oh well.

I AM TOWN. bye as soon as someone makes a long "oh hemust be scum" post, and hammers.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”