Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

That is true. At the time, we considered the possibility that they might have put him into the deputy director position intending to either kill me or lynch me and make him director (in fact, I asked Kenetic to protect me just for hour 4 until I switched them back). However, it's probably at least as likely it was some kind of framing attempt.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Come again? Just want clarification. You're using pronouns ("him") and I'm not sure who you're referring to.

CTD was made the new Deputy Director, and Guardian was made the CIA. But the thing is, if CTD was scum trying to be the new director, I don't see why
he
would be the one switched to Deputy Director... he already would have had quite a bit of power as CIA.

Was it CTD you thought was scum trying to become Director?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Well, those three were the ony positions that have a long time restriction on their actions. SIA s and Cryptos do their business every hour on the hour. only two ideas I can think of is they wanted to put CTD in a useless role, or they hoped we wouldn't believe the hack story and kill Yos, and make sure a scum would ascend to Director afterwards. The second idea, however, assumes Guardian is town, and CTD is scum, however, so I'm going with the first one
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Am I at -1 ?

Petro's point 2) and 3) are useless. It was general knowledge that he would finish up his investigation after 4 hours. I just wanted to make sure he didn't mess up and forgot to send in his choice to the mod since he wasn't super active. It serves the scum no good to ask when he finishes, since they would terminate 4 roles with two orders regardless of when eyceking would finish his investigation.

UA gets carried away with his emotions and is incapable of reasoning properly. Yos and FA are scum.

I'm going to be away for about 4-5 days anyway, so the timing isn't too bad.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oh good, you're here.

Why did you say Yos2 should "keep office meetings to a minimum"?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

UA gets carried away with his emotions and is incapable of reasoning properly
Disagreeing with people != inability to reason. Also, when do I use emotion?
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Also [still to ABR], when you asked for your own bodyguard were you decrypting anything at the time?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Guardian: At the beginning of day 1 you voted for OTM (after proclaiming him town day 0) for ... supporting your bid for Director because you felt that he was only doing so in order to get appointed to crypto. You continued to say you were suspicious of him within your next few posts, then you made this post. How did OTM suddenly become not a priority?

Albert: I would like to know where the heck this post came from. 1. CTD did not investigate Yos. 2. The only purpose this would serve is to mislead the town towards anti-Yos feelings, who you were going after. Please explain what you were doing here and why.

FA: Please contribute to the discussion. I would like to know why you chose to watch 'The Brotherhood' specifically. If you've already said why in your rp way, please explain it again so us simpletons can understand. Also, do you have any other suspicions besides Guardian? I haven't seen much on that front from you and part of my problem with you is that I feel there's a lack of real content from you.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:06 pm

I've hinted at the reasons in another post:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug) If it had been a trap, I would have 100% known for sure that Kenetic was scum. I really doubt a scum would have been willing to take that risk.
Sure, and he would have you assassinated shortly after you received 3 more people in your office. Don't you see that this sort of play is extremely dangerous ?
It blurs up things quite a bit when and if the director gains access to crucial information and gets NK'd, basically. We won't be able to track things. Say Kenetic says "send Jack to the mall but don't tell the others", and jack and the director gets killed, the mafia have pulled a perfect stunt because any of the people who were in his office could have said that.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

petroleumjelly wrote:Come again? Just want clarification. You're using pronouns ("him") and I'm not sure who you're referring to.

CTD was made the new Deputy Director, and Guardian was made the CIA. But the thing is, if CTD was scum trying to be the new director, I don't see why
he
would be the one switched to Deputy Director... he already would have had quite a bit of power as CIA.

Was it CTD you thought was scum trying to become Director?
(shrug) It seemed possible. Perhaps not likely, but like you said, I had trouble thinking why they switched Guardian, instead of, say, one of the cryptos.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:07 pm

petroleumjelly wrote:Also [still to ABR], when you asked for your own bodyguard were you decrypting anything at the time?
Yes I was decrypting Xdaamno at the time.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:08 pm

ibaesha wrote: Albert: I would like to know where the heck this post came from. 1. CTD did not investigate Yos. 2. The only purpose this would serve is to mislead the town towards anti-Yos feelings, who you were going after. Please explain what you were doing here and why.

You mis linked, quote the post please.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Lmao you fell for that ?

Both CTD and Xdaamo were investigating Yos, killing Xdaamo wouldn't do shit.
Link worked fine for me
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I did not mislink, but here's the quote:
Albert wrote:Both CTD and Xdaamo were investigating Yos, killing Xdaamo wouldn't do shit.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I have to go now. I will be back before deadline to place a vote. The answers to my questions will help with my decision.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Not so much did it confuse the town; it wouldn't have affected the town. It might have given a few scum tells on Yosarian, though. I have no reason to think that saying this would benefit scum in any way.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I thought a lot of the switches were just chock full of WIFOM goodness. Besides the disrupting of investigations, I didn't read much further into it. And the targets were both Guardian and Yos, and for all we know both or neither are scum. But the messing up of the investigations just made it so that either scum were trying to dodge a bullet, or just make it so there were no confirmed townies. Either would hurt them imo.

Originally I thought that maybe the reason they moved Guardian was either to get him more suspected and I started to think that might make him more town. But then I thought that didn't make sense mainly because he was already one of the major suspects suspect at that point and the switch would actually take some suspicion off of him. So I dropped that line of thought mainly because it felt like I could try and read so much from it and be left with nothing at all.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok. Ibby said she'll come back before the deadline and vote. I'll most likely be asleep by then, so she might end up being the deciding vote, if isn't decided before then.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

And while we're on the subject of getting Albert to explain weird things, here's another gem that never got clarified
Albert wrote:/sign

As-Salamu Alaykum, my brother
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:15 pm

All in all I'd want you guys to keep me alive and lynch FA. I agree that I am a more "informational" lynch at the time. I thought that siding with other players would make it easier for the town to trust me, since if I were scum, OTM, Guardian et al would probably be my scum mates. But FA hasn't really made any connections besides with Yos. Anyway. It would be cool if you hammered me in the next 15 minutes.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Didn't even notice this page.... >>
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:16 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:Ok. Ibby said she'll come back before the deadline and vote. I'll most likely be asleep by then, so she might end up being the deciding vote, if isn't decided before then.
Yosarian, wtf dude...seriously. Way to defend FA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Well. I don't agree with ABR's response about the office meetings - specifically because I doubt Yos2 would let somebody determine where Jack goes if he does not know that players' alignment - but the fact that you had a somewhat logical answer forces me to double-think, because I could not think of a single reason why anybody would suggest the Director do anything
but
have as many meetings as possible. I would think that the best way to catch scum [if I were in the Director's position] would be talk to each player one-on-one and see if their attitude/behavior changes or to see if they slip up in direct discussion as opposed to forum discussion.

Unvote: Albert B. Rampage
, I'll have to give this a think. I'll prolly have more questions.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:17 pm

UltimaAvalon wrote:And while we're on the subject of getting Albert to explain weird things, here's another gem that never got clarified
Albert wrote:/sign

As-Salamu Alaykum, my brother
Islamic for May God Be With You. Somebody told me that, that day. I was practically just saying I agreed with Guardian.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Is Albert really at -1?

Bleh. For all his distracting double talk, I'm really not sure if he is scum. He's high on my suspect list, but my gut keeps telling me that Guardian is much more likely than he is.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”