Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also, I've never seen that happen in a normal game.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 1749, Boonskiies wrote:Funny how he's deciding to go after me now that I've figured out he's scum.

Huh? Are you talking about me? Where did I say I was going after you?

If you're talking about what I said yesterday, my reads have shifted.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

And I mean yesterday as in game days, not RL days.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by Egg »

Sleepykrew, you don't get to do that. If you make a point and I show it sucks, don't just make a dumbass comment and write it off.

Trojan, which of your reads have changed?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Okay let me know when you address my point (which I've barely even made) instead of whatever it is you're pretending to think I said.
To be clear: quack
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Egg »

Clearly, we have different definitions of opportunism. I've shared mine. What's yours?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1743, Trojan Horse wrote:
In post 1723, Zachrulez wrote:Also the whole thing with the night actions I am going to take the blame for. I intervened because Jason thought STD might be scum and I thought it would be better to protect Obv town pie over maybe scum STD. So to some level it's not fair that he gets the heat for that because he actually was originally going to bodyguard STD and I convinced him to bodyguard Pie instead.

So, jason was going to protect STD, you convinced him not to... and instead of telling us that, jason took the blame himself?

Would it matter if he did or would he have just gotten heat by trying to avoid responsibility himself? This isn't really a productive line of questioning.

In post 1723, Zachrulez wrote:The whole thing is stupid anyway as I feel there's a very good possibility STD roleblocked us anyway. (If that did happen that means STD dies anyway and A KILL WENT THROUGH. That last part isn't a minor point.)

In post 1724, SleepyKrew wrote:STD did not block you please stop

This. STD was joking, obv.

Neither side of this argument can say anything for sure, so it's not productive to continue this argument either.

In post 1729, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 1665, Trojan Horse wrote:
In post 1663, jasonT1981 wrote:
As for saying who I protected - go fuck yourself. Not saying anything more, not going to give out any more information that can help scum work out who I may or may not protect in the night.

I admit, this surprises me. I thought you were going to say that you protected pie again. I guess your line is going to be that you protected someone that you think is a power role, and you don't want to say who that is. Fine, but I don't buy it.

Given that the scum are killing around the body guarding of pie, I find it incredibly interesting that your thought process seems to line up perfectly with what the scum thought process apparently was.

Also that throughout several points in the game you seem to be giving Tammy's read on Jason minimal weight even though she is reasonably good at doing so.

Eh. I think it was crystal clear who jason would've protected, if not STD. There were no other claimed power roles to protect, so jason would obviously protect the strongest town read. And that's pie.

As for Tammy's reads on jason... I'm torn. She figured out that Thor was scum, while I was still townreading him. Then again, I had a more solid scumread on Mala than Tammy did. So I'm not sure whose read I should trust. Tammy's a strong player, but going against my own reads is so hard...

I will point out that Tammy now has a stronger townread on your slot, Zach. She doesn't think you would swap into the last scum slot. Me, I don't know.

A question for those with more experience than I: how common is it for scum to be provided with safeclaims in a normal game? I know it is often necessary in themed games, but what about normals? Would it be normal for the mod to tell the scum "there are no doctor-type roles in the game", so that scum can safely claim a doctor-type role? If not, then that greatly lowers jason/Zach's chances of being scum.

It's encouraging that Tammy is talking about this game I suppose.

Also scum don't get safe claims in normals.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1739, Egg wrote:Zach, so you swapped in to defend yourself better than Jason was? It seems like a survivalistic move to me.

This slot being lynched lowers the odds of a town win so it's something I would like to not see happen.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

OH RIGHT, Deltawave is still alive in this game.

Why?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1589, DeltaWave wrote:Anyone have anything else to say or are we done for today?

Holy shit
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

What was wrong with that post?
To be clear: quack
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Or are we done for today?

That statement presupposed the game wasn't going to end.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Here is Delta's entire itinerary of posts for today. I'm having a hard time seeing the scum hunting. Clearly his interest is fully on Jason, but do any of the lines of probing he's going into actually accomplish anything in sussing out Jason's alignment or are they just attacks designed to roll over a player who's admittedly losing his composure in the game and putting his foot in his mouth.

I'm not seeing an interest in actually wanting to find scum here.

In post 1621, DeltaWave wrote:Jason who did you bodyguard N1?

In post 1633, DeltaWave wrote:Wouldn't it have made more sense for scum Jason to say that STD blocked him?

In post 1637, DeltaWave wrote:Well I need a full list of what Jason did each night for my read assessment.

In post 1654, DeltaWave wrote:I want to know who was such a better BG target than the claimed RB.

In post 1656, DeltaWave wrote:Actually I want full disclosure of who Jason targeted each night. I've asked this before, but Jason ignored it.

In post 1688, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 1663, jasonT1981 wrote:As for saying who I protected - go fuck yourself. Not saying anything more, not going to give out any more information that can help scum work out who I may or may not protect in the night.

That's funny. On D2 (post 896) Trojan asked you who you protected, and you readily said Pie (post 901.) Why withhold this information now, when you easily gave it up in the past? Are you afraid that someone might call BS on it? :mrgreen:

If you're town, you should have no problem complying with this request. Explain to me how providing these night actions would help scum.

In post 1693, DeltaWave wrote:His protection choices are suspect because he missed the obvious choice. I think we deserve to know how he's acted so far.

In post 1725, DeltaWave wrote:Uh wouldn't you know if you were role blocked?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

At a glance at Egg, it looks like he's actually trying to figure out the alignment of this slot.

I'm sure we could debate the many many points he's made for days, but I do see thinking and considering of things.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by Egg »

Zach wrote: Neither side of this argument can say anything for sure, so it's not productive to continue this argument either.

No, the "not really" pretty obviously meant he was joking. I'd say that's "for sure".

Zach wrote: Or are we done for today?That statement presupposed the game wasn't going to end.

Ehhhhh that's kind of a stretch I think.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1764, Egg wrote:
Zach wrote: Neither side of this argument can say anything for sure, so it's not productive to continue this argument either.

No, the "not really" pretty obviously meant he was joking. I'd say that's "for sure".

Honestly I never bothered to read the small text.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Zach wrote: Or are we done for today?That statement presupposed the game wasn't going to end.

Ehhhhh that's kind of a stretch I think.[/quote]

It's a really odd thing to say at that point in the game, particularly in a situation where it looks like a slam dunk victory for town.

What about the volume of his play for today or et all?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

How did I butcher that quote? Argh.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1764, Egg wrote:

Ehhhhh that's kind of a stretch I think.

It's a really odd thing to say at that point in the game, particularly in a situation where it looks like a slam dunk victory for town.

What about the volume of his play for today or et all?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Then didn't vote for Bins in the midst of all that?

Come on man.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Egg »

I wouldn't say it looked like a slam dunk. I mean Bins felt like an obvious lynch with Occam's razor and all but there was still the no kill frame job possibility which seems to be what happened. In fact, I feel like Jason was far too confident that scum would never do that. It feels fake.

As for Delta, this is kind of just how he plays. He'll occasionally put effort into a post or two here and there but he's mostly in the background not doing much. I wouldn't consider contribution an alignment tell for him.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1769, Zachrulez wrote:Then didn't vote for Bins in the midst of all that?

Come on man.

Lol I hammered one post later. He didn't have a chance after that post.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1770, Egg wrote:I wouldn't say it looked like a slam dunk. I mean Bins felt like an obvious lynch with Occam's razor and all but there was still the no kill frame job possibility which seems to be what happened. In fact, I feel like Jason was far too confident that scum would never do that. It feels fake.

As for Delta, this is kind of just how he plays. He'll occasionally put effort into a post or two here and there but he's mostly in the background not doing much. I wouldn't consider contribution an alignment tell for him.

I've never seen scum do that until this game. So why exactly would being confident in that be a scumtell?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by Egg »

Quick fact: Jason was the only one OFF both scum lynches but ON the mislynch. Just realized that.

Preview edit: I'm pretty sure I've done it before. It's not so insane of a possibility that it should be ruled out entirely.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1773, Egg wrote:Quick fact: Jason was the only one OFF both scum lynches but ON the mislynch. Just realized that.

Preview edit: I'm pretty sure I've done it before. It's not so insane of a possibility that it should be ruled out entirely.

If it was lylo there'd be a lot more reason to be cautious, but on day 3 of a game with 3 scum after 2 scum lynches... not so much.

Obviously it happened, but it's not a game ending play.

What's the significance of being off the scum lynches and on the mislynch?

Wasn't he analyzing the claims in both situations?

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”