Mini 1665: Papers, Please Mafia (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.27ChaosOmega (5) - Kop, Quilford, Dinare, Wrong Song, PeaceBringer
elusive (4) - xRECKONERx, ChaosOmega, hitogoroshi, Cheetory6
PeaceBringer (2) - Stabulous, Untrod Tripod

Not Voting (2) - Ankamius, elusive

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, May 9, 2015, at 11:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-05-09 23:30:00).

Moderator CommentsSearching for a replacement for Cheetory6...

Per post 1, insurgents have been provided flavored fake claims.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

elusive wrote:Because on wiki it said the character was a smuggler and also illegal or not a citizen.

Who cares. Read. The. Rules.

elusive wrote:I'm sorry that my level I'd discourse isn't to resort to name calling and inflammatory and meaningless phrases like "throwing shit to the wall".
While not everyone can be erudite, my first game on here was with intelligent players capable of making reasoned arguments using logic and evidence and explanation of motivations so my Standards for the rules of engagement are high.

Try using evidence from the game. Explain your scum read on me in your own words using a developed.case.

Me town. You scum. Fire bad.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 am

Post by elusive »

I'm not scum and fire is necessary for civilization to exist

I'm not sure why if you're town you would be unhelpful and not provide actual reads or cases or respond to my points. Just why?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 7:10 am

Post by elusive »

Oh and per the mods post you didn't flavor claim or could have fake claimed that based on the sample pm. Which days glory.

I don't want to mislynch town but if you'd rather be at l1 because you refuse to respond to cases or provide reasoning then be my guest.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Equinox »

Mac replaces Cheetory6. Thank you!

The deadline has been extended by 48 hours. The deadline is now Monday, May 11, 2015, at 11:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-05-11 23:30:00).
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 8:34 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

seriously...
so we have a claim a of "protown" who does something unspecified for an unspecified # of slots...
If Chaos is town I may just need to bang my head against wall repeatedly...
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Mac »

hey guys!! I'll be reading this tomorrow as I have to power through sleep and work before then. in the meantime, I'd appreciate not lynching anyone

UNVOTE:
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 10:42 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Skimmed the new stuff, haven't been able to totally dig.

Peacebringer
, why on earth does cheetory/elusive being a seeming town on town make you unvote *kop* and take Chaos to L-1? That seems like precisely the situation to push a kop wagon.

as for cheetory vs elusive - well cheetory is pretty obvtownie. elusive is still doing the same scumtell of focusing way more on arguments than alignments. She frequently alludes to Cheetory as doing "faux theatrics" and similar, but with very little followthrough on trying to figure out his alignment. Like she did with me, throwing a ton of venom but the read of "well gosh you could be scum or dumb town". Those would be two pretty different game states! CO-scum doesn't sheep hito-scum on elusive here, for one thing, y'know? And from what she's said, I think I should be more likely scum than CO from elusives perspective. Or reck! elusive loves pushing lurkers, why not vote the lurker voting for her? It really feels like elusive is just yelling at everyone voting for her and trying to lynch the easiest one to lynch (CO). I'm in full hito mode and have like zero chance of a mislynch; I definitely feel like elusive's read of me is cursory because of that. if that makes sense. most of my dislike of elusive stems from an over-focus on "good" vs "bad" cases and not "what role pm does that person have".

THAT BEING SAID. out of game stuff is always annoying and tunes out scumdars, and in those situations I like to step back a bit and see what happens when the person involved re-normalizes. even though I think elusive has been playing pretty scum motivated, after a big old throwdown like that, it throws a bunch of noise in trying to interpret her latest stuff.

anyway. CO claimed confirmable so his wagon is off the table today. let's just lynch kop.

Unvote, Vote: kop

wheeee
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 10:43 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

hey elusive, please give your top two guesses for scumteams. I know it's hard to call a whole team, but just try your best. #1 and #2 can be totally independent, just need to make holistic sense as a 3-person.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 10:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: kop
green shirt thursdays
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

Reck can you go into it for me please?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:03 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i wish
green shirt thursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:38 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 682, hitogoroshi wrote:Peacebringer, why on earth does cheetory/elusive being a seeming town on town make you unvote *kop* and take Chaos to L-1? That seems like precisely the situation to push a kop wagon.

Kop was cheetor's push... there is nothing about that drama behind push. I could have sat and parked and saw what happened but, hey a suspect was at claim point. At no point did I clear Chaos...
his claim is absolute shit... you are comfortable Hito with the claim of Chaos, Really? You think that is a pro-town claim? If so I will have to remember that, just claim I am pro-town and I do something and I won't say what... :roll:
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:39 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

reck, please explain to me what you think is "protown" about chaos's claim. TIA...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

he claimed confirmable, so
green shirt thursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 689, xRECKONERx wrote:he claimed confirmable, so

noting this, nothing is confirmable unless you know there is something to confirm... there is not one ounce of the claim that is protown at all...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

an you know as well as I do, that many actions are confirmable and many confirmable actions can be given to a bad guy... nothing pro-town about that claim at all...
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Hey PeaceBringer, that's really great, but why don't you stop making bad posts and join us on this totally fantastical Kop wagon.

unvote, vote: Kop
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

May be here later; may not depends on if my mood gets any better, apologizes.
I'll give you something to believe
nothing on me says defeat
no I'm not looking back so you better think fast if you think you can cut me deep
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I have a pretty bad migraine from work today, so I'm going to skip on posting in games today. I'll get to this tomorrow.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

given that the suspects who ran up elusive are now on Kop after avoiding it previously, eh, not as comfy with it...
surprised at Reck moving in that direction as he called my "reads" 100% wrong...now he is voting cop...
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 687, PeaceBringer wrote:
Kop was cheetor's push... there is nothing about that drama behind push. I could have sat and parked and saw what happened but, hey a suspect was at claim point. At no point did I clear Chaos...

Wait, so you pushed Chaos literally just because you could make him claim? Going on the gamestate at the time (i.e pre-claim), how would you rate kop vs. CO for scuminess?

his claim is absolute shit... you are comfortable Hito with the claim of Chaos, Really? You think that is a pro-town claim? If so I will have to remember that, just claim I am pro-town and I do something and I won't say what... :roll:

It's D1. Obviously this kind of claim doesn't fly past in LYLO or LYLO - 1. But when someone claims confirmable D1 they're sort of nailing their foot to the floor as scum. Obviously if CO comes empty-handed D3 it's pretty darn suspicious! But having one non-vanilla claim in the night mix actually does some pretty healthy things for the nightgame. Let's not talk about it anymore!

In post 695, PeaceBringer wrote:given that the suspects who ran up elusive are now on Kop after avoiding it previously, eh, not as comfy with it...

Why does that make you uncomfortable?

We weren't avoiding kop previously because we had love of kop in our hearts. The wagon just defused because I wagon-banned kop vs. CO, since it had gotten extremely calcified and a lynch wouldn't tell us much regardless of who was lynched or what they flipped. Which actually turned out excellent and got us a ton of good stuff. Now, with how things have flowed, I want kop again.

Also, CO certainly didn't avoid kop previously. So you're essentially saying "Kop was my biggest suspect, but hito and/or reckoner voting for kop makes me not want to vote kop." Which is implictly claiming at least one of us is scum. Which one? Or both?

Regardless, CO wagon is off the table, so if you don't want kop, let's hear your alternative...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 696, hitogoroshi wrote:We weren't avoiding kop previously because we had love of kop in our hearts. The wagon just defused because I wagon-banned kop vs. CO, since it had gotten extremely calcified and a lynch wouldn't tell us much regardless of who was lynched or what they flipped. Which actually turned out excellent and got us a ton of good stuff. Now, with how things have flowed, I want kop again.

you and reck are sure buddy buddy so we is probably the right pronoun there... and you are full of crap on it being Kop vs CO. It was me vs CO and then I moved to KOP based on Cheet logic whereby putting me at the lead. We then go from nearly lynching me and poking around more. So then you, reck, and CO go and vote elusive for shit reasoning... then CO gets run up and makes the worse claim ever. Don't give me the bull that he is "nailed" down. It is crapy anti-town claim. Reck told me specifically that I was dead wrong, and now suddenly oh, it is right. Something stinks here. And yes, you and reck can sure as hell be scum together and one can be scum and buddying up, WTF would I know? But this play is super dodgy...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 696, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 687, PeaceBringer wrote:

Wait, so you pushed Chaos literally just because you could make him claim? Going on the gamestate at the time (i.e pre-claim), how would you rate kop vs. CO for scuminess?

It's D1. Obviously this kind of claim doesn't fly past in LYLO or LYLO - 1. But when someone claims confirmable D1 they're sort of nailing their foot to the floor as scum. Obviously if CO comes empty-handed D3 it's pretty darn suspicious! But having one non-vanilla claim in the night mix actually does some pretty healthy things for the nightgame. Let's not talk about it anymore!

In post 695, PeaceBringer wrote:given that the suspects who ran up elusive are now on Kop after avoiding it previously, eh, not as comfy with it...

Why does that make you uncomfortable?

We weren't avoiding kop previously because we had love of kop in our hearts. The wagon just defused because I wagon-banned kop vs. CO, since it had gotten extremely calcified and a lynch wouldn't tell us much regardless of who was lynched or what they flipped. Which actually turned out excellent and got us a ton of good stuff. Now, with how things have flowed, I want kop again.

Also, CO certainly didn't avoid kop previously. So you're essentially saying "Kop was my biggest suspect, but hito and/or reckoner voting for kop makes me not want to vote kop." Which is implictly claiming at least one of us is scum. Which one? Or both?

Regardless, CO wagon is off the table, so if you don't want kop, let's hear your alternative...

If idiot town wants to let a crap ass claim survive, I would be voting you or reck at this point with UT a distant 3rd as he is staying well clear of anything. I don't like the current vote. The only trust at had was cheets viewpoint and he tilted way off kilt...
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Equinox »

Bump.