Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 3423, Brandi wrote:
In post 3420, xRECKONERx wrote:Who the fuck cares if she gets through it

why fucking bother with it

I wasn't arguing with that point because I don't know. Maybe they actually have a reason and we'll find out. Maybe we don't. I'm just saying in regards to your previous point, I don't believe it removes her agency and I highly dislike the idea that women can't be strong and also suffer too.

The way the scene is currently cut, it can be read as a repudiation of Sansa's prior-stated belief that she can't be hurt in her home.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Brandi »

What she said might not be 100% truthful, but the feeling and the meaning behind it is not lost. That girl still knows in the back of her mind that her tricks and nasty words aren't going to work.
Of course Sansa is still going to be hurting because she's still in the situation she's in. It's a common misconception that bravery means a lack of fear. You can still be strong in the face of pain.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3426, Brandi wrote:It's a common misconception that bravery means a lack of fear.

"Can a man be brave, even when he's afraid?"
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3414, xRECKONERx wrote:Man, you know how they could've completely fixed that rape scene?

Have the Myranda/Sansa bathing scene happen immediately afterwards, instead of before.

That way, we see the horrific thing, we see her go through it... then we see this scene with Myranda, where she tries to torment her, and in the face of what has happened, we see Sansa stand strong and say "nothing can hurt me". BOOM. Get fucked owned.

Instead, we just remove all the badass agency she had in the bathing scene with a rape.

I'm just going to pretend it was edited the wrong way now.

That's pretty good. Although that's not to say something like that won't be coming in the next episode. I hope this isn't going to be another 4 episodes of sansa being a victim until she goes and lights a candle and gets rescued or whatever.

I was actually expecting or hoping they were going to flip the scene entirely. Set it up with Ramsay telling Reek to stay and make us all think oh shit and then Sansa actually talks to Ramsay/manipulates him, convinces him to send reek out, and then takes the dominant position in the scene for the rest. To build upon the "Make this Bolton boy yours" conversation with Littlefinger. Even if they film it as if Ramsay is just entertained by it and plays along, or even if it didn't work and Ramsay did what he was going to do anyways. For me, it didn't make sense for Sansa to be standing there just petrified. She had to have been starting to think Ramsay was a bit fucked up but he hadn't really given her reason to be afraid of him. She really knows nothing about him other than how he treated Theon and what the scorned girlfriend said. She had to have known and expected that she was going to have to have sex with this guy, from back in Moat Caitlin when Littlefinger told her the plan. She decided to continue on, she wasn't forced to continue to winterfell (maybe she would have been if she said no, but that's not what happened). I'm sure she knew exactly what was going to happen when she was talking with Littlefinger in the crypts and said "I expect I'll be a married woman when you return". She knew exactly what that meant. After Littlefinger left I'll buy that she no longer had a choice in anything and I'm in no way trying to say it wasn't rape, only that up until she got in the room and Ramsay told Theon to stay she knew and went along with exactly what was going to be expected of her in this plan of her getting married to Ramsay. It bothered me most that Sansa didn't try to reason with Ramsay at all. That was the big missed opportunity in the whole situation IMO. It made it seem like Sansa was just upset that this was all going to happen in front of theon and that she just instantly realized how fucked up Ramsay really is, because she walked into that room knowing and expecting to have to have sex with Ramsay.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 9:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nope. Nope. Nope.

That was the end of the line.

This is the point of no return in this discussion and it just happened.

Abandon ship.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Rhinox »

:roll:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3429, AngryPidgeon wrote:Nope. Nope. Nope.

That was the end of the line.

This is the point of no return in this discussion and it just happened.

Abandon ship.

I genuinely want to know what you think is wrong with what I said?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think he is inferring that you are blaming Sansa for being raped because she did not resist.

I think your intent is more that we have been groomed for 1.5 seasons now to see Sansa as someone with guile, so seeing her end up in the same situation again is really disappointing, especially when there were lots of other narrative choices that would have made it different.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Iecerint »

Something to consider is that she was still, ye know, a virgin. First time is always a little awkward, even after you've decided to manipulate everyone.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3428, Rhinox wrote:She had to have known and expected that she was going to have to have sex with this guy, from back in Moat Caitlin when Littlefinger told her the plan.

Because this is passively suggesting that its ok for this to happen because Sansa was expecting it.

"But AP, that isn't my point"

Well then make better posts.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Iecerint »

He is saying that he expected Sansa to go in with a plan, because the writers have been presenting her as someone who is learning to plan and scheme.

But she didn't, because she needs Theon to rescue her or whatever.

In-universe, she underestimated how awkward her first time would be and didn't account for Theon watching.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3432, Iecerint wrote:I think he is inferring that you are blaming Sansa for being raped because she did not resist.

I think your intent is more that we have been groomed for 1.5 seasons now to see Sansa as someone with guile, so seeing her end up in the same situation again is really disappointing, especially when there were lots of other narrative choices that would have made it different.

This is correct. I'm not blaming Sansa at all. I'm blaming the writers. I'm saying that it didn't make sense for them to write it that way because it seemed out of character for ShowSansa to not have said anything if we're supposed to believe she's had any character development at all up til now. We're led to believe she's supposed to be trying to manipulate Ramsay through her conversations with Littlefinger, but then they don't show her as even trying to do that. Instead, it reminded me of the scene after she married Tyrion, like she hasn't grown at all as a character from that point til now. It took me out of the scene completely.

In post 3434, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3428, Rhinox wrote:She had to have known and expected that she was going to have to have sex with this guy, from back in Moat Caitlin when Littlefinger told her the plan.

Because this is passively suggesting that its ok for this to happen because Sansa was expecting it.

"But AP, that isn't my point"

Well then make better posts.

So basically you're just jumping at something to score some rhetorical cred even though you already know that wasn't what I was saying at all? Cool, thanks for commenting.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3433, Iecerint wrote:Something to consider is that she was still, ye know, a virgin. First time is always a little awkward, even after you've decided to manipulate everyone.

In post 3435, Iecerint wrote:He is saying that he expected Sansa to go in with a plan, because the writers have been presenting her as someone who is learning to plan and scheme.

But she didn't, because she needs Theon to rescue her or whatever.

In-universe, she underestimated how awkward her first time would be and didn't account for Theon watching.

Yeah this. I just think it is a failure of the writers to show sansa controlling (or attempting to control) a situation we all thought was going to go, well, exactly the way it did.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Venmar »

I actually thought Sansa was going to slip out a knife out of her sleeve when she was undoing it and then fucking slice Ramsays throat.

That would've been
fantastic
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:58 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I don't even know what to say.

Accountability is dead.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 3438, Venmar wrote:I actually thought Sansa was going to slip out a knife out of her sleeve when she was undoing it and then fucking slice Ramsays throat.

That would've been
fantastic

It would've been dumb. Her goal isn't to kill Ramsay. She's smarter than that.

It would put her on the level of Cersei, who is similarly scheming against people who threaten her without thinking about the consequences.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Venmar »

Dude it wasn't a rational hope, it was a fools hope.

JUSTICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by inte »

poop scene

books way better
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Venmar »

The episode did kind of set you up though to expect Sansa to stand up to Ramsay after she stood up to Miranda and showed how she's grown tougher and shit. Shame really.

Then again, we can probably expect more from her in the next few episodes.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Venmar »

Also, I actually think the Dorne scene wasn't that bad. Forgot his name but the captain of the guard for Doran is totally badass.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

dorne scene sucked balls
green shirt thursdays
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Venmar »

k

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

the scooby doo style ZOINKS WE RAN INTO EACH OTHER shit was terrible
Sansa storyline is EARNING its convergence, that one was just bullshit

also: Jaime can beat one of them in battle one-handed, but Bronn can't deal with two of these little shits?

especially when the dagger one fights like THIS

come the fuck on
green shirt thursdays
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

That fight scene was dumb, yeah