She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

*thought

jeeesus I'm tired today
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya. They do.

One of them is attempting to understand Porochaz.

The other is expressing an opinion.

good job
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:45 pm

In post 2351, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ya. They do.

good job

Nope, it's not the face value shit I'm talking about.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2345, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2250, NotAnAxehole wrote:Roleblocker would claim - kill scum today
Jailkeeper would have role blocked you (or the scum) - You weren't role blocked, if the scum were role blocked, he should claim (the jailkeeper)
Ninja - Why didn't the ninja perform the night 1 kill as well?

If we have a roleblocker or a jailkeeper, they should claim because they probably blocked scum. A jailkeeper wouldn't target me because that's just beyond awful and you should feel bad for even suggesting it. If scum had access to a ninja, it's probably limited (because a full ninja should have been making all the kills up to this point, and I think it would be pretty overpowered for scum on top of the rolecop and the protective tracker; not to mention it defeats the purpose of giving town a watcher). Ooba probably made the N1 kill because he was going to die the next day anyway.

You're also ignoring what AP said here, namely the part about scum targeting me instead of Toog, which should still be a very real possibility in your mind but you're acting as though it isn't.

In post 2313, NotAnAxehole wrote:So, I know for sure you're town and for sure you used some kind of ability. The rest of my thought process is pretty self-explanatory.

I feel like you're ignoring some important bits of information in the thread to support your Brian-scum narrative, and I really don't like your push on me for that reason. You haven't commented on what I said about Valillia here, and you completely ignored what Toog said about me here. I'm pretty obviously a watcher and I'm a
claimed investigative role
who can sit on Toog to either protect him from this night's kill or find scum tomorrow in the event that he does die. Even if I'm scum, I still need to find a way to kill Toog, and I'd probably have to bus a buddy to get away with it. There's also the chance I just die and you don't have to sort me at all. So I don't understand why you're even entertaining lynching me
today

In post 2326, Bookitty wrote:People I fear may be Cylons:

Mantisdreamz
Nikanor
The Wrong Lynch

Why do you suspect these three of being scum?

I still don't like the Snowstorm wagon if what Ffery's presented is her only reason for wanting to lynch him.
Ffery has a point about LLD, but I still think about how most of the scum in Advance Wars and Event Card Mafia were primarily lurkers and active lurkers, so I'm kind of ignoring it and don't care if she gets lynched if she's not going to at least pretend to contribute. I'm also a little surprised Nacho hasn't been pushing her to make her more readable for us, as I think that's something Nacho would feel inclined to do (but the current game-state doesn't really give him any incentive to do so, so it's a pretty 'meh' point).
I'm not a fan of AP's policy lynch vote onto Rip. I'm equally frustrated with Rip, but I still think he's probably town and I'd love to revisit that VR flashwagon on Day 2 when I claimed a guilty on VR/Ooba. I couldn't even get the Ooba wagon going when I claimed a guilty result, but the instant I change my vote to VR and say she visited Tammy as well, we had several jumps onto VR even without her claim. So I wouldn't be surprised if there's scum on that wagon other than Ooba (AP, LLD, Mantis).
There are a lot of people I haven't commented on, but I'm admittedly not as caught up as I'd like to be and it's why I've been sheeping Nero recently (who I think is town). I think TWL is probably town too.

Unvote: TWL

I completely agree, you're not a good lynch for today.

UNVOTE: Brian_Skies
This team is ruining my life!
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I don't have a clue who is a good lynch... In which case, I have one suggestion to make...

VOTE: RIP
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2347, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I have a question, is there anyone here who thinks SnowStorm is scum?

Because I've been looking through the Day 1 voting patterns, and he has me concerned.

Some people have thought that, though I'm not sure if they still do. What's so concerning about my day 1 votes?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:43 pm

In post 2355, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 2347, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I have a question, is there anyone here who thinks SnowStorm is scum?

Because I've been looking through the Day 1 voting patterns, and he has me concerned.

Some people have thought that, though I'm not sure if they still do. What's so concerning about my day 1 votes?

Give me a time when I'm not about to step into a shower and do things, and I'll -shudder- quote some posts for you.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

Okay...
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2352, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2351, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ya. They do.

good job

Nope, it's not the face value shit I'm talking about.

Well I'm sure glad you are explaining the subtleties of all the scummy stuff you found in my posts. So that people might actually care about your case.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2345, Brian Skies wrote:I still don't like the Snowstorm wagon if what Ffery's presented is her only reason for wanting to lynch him.
Ffery has a point about LLD, but I still think about how most of the scum in Advance Wars and Event Card Mafia were primarily lurkers and active lurkers, so I'm kind of ignoring it and don't care if she gets lynched if she's not going to at least pretend to contribute. I'm also a little surprised Nacho hasn't been pushing her to make her more readable for us, as I think that's something Nacho would feel inclined to do (but the current game-state doesn't really give him any incentive to do so, so it's a pretty 'meh' point).

IIRC there's one vote on SnowStorm. Ours.

Your disagreement re SnowStorm keeps reminding of your disagreement with me in the Advance Wars game about ABR. I think it was because you thought it was scummy of me in that game too.

Subject: Advance Wars UPick!--Game Over..?

Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2146, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2143, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2140, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Hey ns albert is scum come wagon him with me

Why is ABR scum for disputing that you're cop cleared?

Why is ABR scum for reasons other than that?

because he's trying to draw out someone to claim to be the amnesiac cop.

and that is what scum-ABR does.

Ffery loses townpoints for this post because that's not what Albert was doing.

My reasons for suspecting SnowStorm are not as clear cut or easy to get across, I guess. And like I mentioned this morning, I kinda like the way he reacted to our push. Nacho still has concerns.

Also, it's Nacho's point about LLD. he has way more experience playing with her. I've only played with town LLD. There was some pretty wide variation in her play in those two games, mostly because she had some major crap happening in real life during the second game.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 2295, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:Mantis we hydra'd together, played together. I have a decently strong townread on you, but that's the one post that makes me doubt it.

My alt served its purpose (maybe not this game), but its not hard to create a new one, but my main is Mala.

I actually figured out I think I been doing wrong in my games, hopefully.

~WS

i thought you may have been Mala. even before you mentioned the hydra'ing.

i'm not sure if that helps alleviate my doubts though..

also hi : )
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 2317, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 2300, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:I wasn't liking the whole 'get off my ship' sets of posts. Something felt off about it, but D2 I was feeling that he could be town so that read changed a bit.

~WS

I have to agree that Andrius' posts day 1 felt pretty disingenuous.

it did... but maybe he was just hamming it up?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

VOTE: LLD

it really looks like you're *trying* to play the lazy town card, LLD
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

unscreenSnowStorm

screen Nikanor
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

i'd prefer not to screen sangres, because they want to be screened
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I don't see how Mala claiming her identity changes peoples' reads on her, especially when a few of those people had already hunched it.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

^
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Bridges have been burned.
ValiliaRei
ValiliaRei
Goon
ValiliaRei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by ValiliaRei »

In post 2329, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 2322, Toogeloo wrote:And if we are going for true speculation of game... I think it might be more likely that an actual protection role, like a Doctor, protected Brian Skies last night and the Scum Kill targeted him.

Brian is the key to catching another scum if I ever get murdered, therefore, he would need to be killed first. A smart doctor would actually protect him before me.

ValliliaRei, What do you make of this... Do you think your protection of Toogeloo was wasted or do you think you were the reason for no NK?

I honestly don't know. From Brian's info it would seem it was wasted unless there was a ninja since no one is claiming roleblocker or anything like that. I do think that while I agree with Toogeloo that killing Brian first would be optimal play for scum and therefore the optimal play for a doctor would be to protect Brian, when people realize what optimal play for everyone is, it stops being optimal play. Scum would want to kill who isn't protected, even if it would mean that they might get caught.

Is your RIP vote a policy lynch thing or do you actually think he's scum?

In post 2318, NotAnAxehole wrote:I don't think either LLD or TWL are optimal lynches today, I will have to review the thread a bit to form some ideas on who could be scum. I think we have to accept given 2 scum are dead and 2 town, that we have a very high chance of hitting town regardless of our reads and who we target.

If it came down to one of them, LLD is a better lynch than TWL.

I will look into it more after work.

Why are you saying two town are dead? RIP made the same mistake at one point, too.

I'm trying to decide who I would vote for if I did have a vote for today, and I still want to wait on TWL's answer to my questions and Sangres' post on the town-ness they see in LLD before I make a decision. I don't see what LLD is talking about with the Angry Pidgeon quotes although I do want him screened. I don't know what to think of Andrius especially since he's disappeared so he might be a good screening candidate as well. I don't really agree with the theory that Tammy's flip as backup admiral clears him.

@Nero
- Why are you townreading Andrius?

@Mantis
- The screen has already been locked on Sangres.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2345, Brian Skies wrote:Why do you suspect these three of being scum?

Nikanor is suspect to me because of events surrounding the BROseidon claim and his own comments regarding playing "neutrally" (my wording, not his) in case he was the Sleeper. This didn't feel like a town thought process to me. Also, Nikanor didn't want to be screened and made it quite clear at that time.

Mantisdreamz is continually behind the game but trying to post things that look relevant. This looks like trying to stay off the radar while contributing little or nothing. The most recent case occurred after your question, when Mantis was still trying to determine who should be the screen.

The Wrong Lynch is the weakest case, I think. I recall a lot of feints, in which the hydra says they'd like to vote someone but ~reasons~ or they come out with a strong read and then back off it. I could be wrong, but I only really remember them being strong on Mantis town and back-and-forth on Andrius. Claiming disengagement seems weird, too, especially since TWL has been on the table for lynching for several pages now.

I can clarify any of these if they aren't clear already.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 4:24 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

TWL is one of my few cold reads in the game that I feel good about.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 4:24 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

The other being basically just Sangres.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 6:15 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

@ValiliaRei Policy
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

mod, going to be on a mini vaca 05/22 until 05/26
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 7:09 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Sangres, what are your thoughts on Brian Skies?

Pardon if you've already expressed them recently.

I realize he is claiming watcher and I realize we have a flipped Rolecop / Tracker. Maybe my paranoia is irrational, but I'd like to talk about rather than write him off for setup right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”